Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My take on the quote is that you do not need to be a part of the nuclear family and that your life matters and are part of the Black Lives Matter family. I do not see a stated of goal of ending the nuclear family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

Just now, Lei Pong said:

Again...I have cited the term disruption of the nuclear family.  A foundational aspect of our American culture.  Take that and run woith it in whatever direction you choose...but you're the one running

You said disrupting and ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pfife said:

So if you don't require something, are you ending it?

Far too open a question...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so specifically it now appears that all MLB is in favor of the end of the nuclear family. whither our civilization now that Scot Boras and Rod Gardenhire are my comrades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Again...I have cited the term disruption of the nuclear family.  A foundational aspect of our American culture.  Take that and run woith it in whatever direction you choose...but you're the one running

I quoted you twice saying "end".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You said disrupting and ending. 

Really?  that doesn't sound like me...I tend to avoid absolutes like "end".  Assume I meant disrupt from here on out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Far too open a question...

A nuclear family is already not required.    It's certainly not ended, like you claimed they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I have also seen those pics of some players standing while others are kneeling and the standing player with a hand on the shoulder or something...I do think that is probably how I would do it also.

I guess my comment was more because I saw someone say something about how proud they were of the Tigers for ALL kneeling...I am assuming that person would have been less proud maybe if a couple guys were standing and how that would be kind of crappy.

I think that photo with all the Tigers kneeling happened prior to the anthem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lei Pong said:

Really?  that doesn't sound like me...I tend to avoid absolutes like "end".  Assume I meant disrupt from here on out

literally quoted it:

  

32 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

They have as a goal the disruption of Western society and the end to the nuclear family...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pfife said:

I quoted you twice saying "end".

 

Just now, pfife said:

I quoted you twice saying "end".

Eh..I'm at work..it's a little slow right now...but busy enough to distract me.  as I said..focus on the word disruption

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pfife said:

A nuclear family is already not required.    It's certainly not ended, like you claimed they want.

Don't think I ever suggested anything is "required"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Again...I have cited the term disruption of the nuclear family.  A foundational aspect of our American culture.  Take that and run woith it in whatever direction you choose...but you're the one running

But that's not the term they used..... they used "disruption of the nuclear family structure requirement." Deleting those two words changes the meaning of (and misinterprets) what they are advocating for entirely, IMO.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pfife said:

I would like to nominate Baba O'Rielly....

At least for this year...

It should be Boston: "Foreplay/ Long Time", followed by John Fogerty's "Centerfield".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lei Pong said:

Don't think I ever suggested anything is "required"

it's what was in the quote from BLM that you said was potato/patotoe so in fact you did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not like when people try to tell me what to do with my personal life so really do not care what others do with their lives either as long as it is not directly affecting me.  I can have opinions on whether or not I think it is the best choice, but that is just an opinion and do not really think it should change how someone else lives.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Really?  that doesn't sound like me...I tend to avoid absolutes like "end".  Assume I meant disrupt from here on out

Google it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F

Just now, mtutiger said:

But that's not the term they used..... they used "disruption of the nuclear family structure requirement." Deleting those two words changes the meaning of what they are advocating for entirely.

First step on the slippery slope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John_Brian_K said:

I do not like when people try to tell me what to do with my personal life so really do not care what others do with their lives either as long as it is not directly affecting me.  I can have opinions on whether or not I think it is the best choice, but that is just an opinion and do not really think it should change how someone else lives.

Well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pfife said:

it's what was in the quote from BLM that you said was potato/patotoe so in fact you did

Nope..that's your interpretation of what I said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I think that photo with all the Tigers kneeling happened prior to the anthem.

Has there been any in the MLB that have all kneeled during the anthem?  I recall seeing plenty of players standing and plenty of other players kneeling, but that was the first I saw of an entire team kneeling.  I was not sure if it was before or during.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

They have as a goal the disruption of Western society and the end to the nuclear family...

 

1 minute ago, Lei Pong said:

Nope..that's your interpretation of what I said...

Is he really denying something he said 30 minutes ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

 

Eh..I'm at work..it's a little slow right now...but busy enough to distract me.  as I said..focus on the word disruption

How about focusing on the reality that when it comes to the power to change anything in America, Marxism is a big failure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...