15 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

If I see a single Detroit Tiger kneel for our national anthem I will stop following them. I have watched supported and gone to hundreds of games over the past 45 years. The total disrespect for our national flag and anthem is going to far for me. I served in the military and to disrespect our current and fallen heroes is shameful. If you truly want to support the current situation then resign go out and run for public office and make a real genuine attempt to make changes. Kneeling in my eyes is a cowardly act of self gratification that does nothing to help or support the current toxic situation our country is in.  

i’m sorry to see you leave the country behind and retreat into your narrow perceptions

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

I think using the memory and image of our troops against people exercising their freedom of speech is a huge dishonor to the very thing they fought for.  It's literally and precisely why they serve.... to protect that very thing.

Troops don't own the national anthem or patriotism or the flag.  We all do.    

This. One of my best friends is a marine and he’s 100% for players if they want to kneel. It’s these freedoms that they fought for, and he knows that this has nothing to do with the troops. 

• Thanks 1

Playing the Anthem before sporting events is stupid, as many others have said.

What is the percentage of players who are not American citizens?  30%?  Is it unpatriotic for them to kneel?

And, I like flags, but getting yourself all worked up about some perceived "disrespect" to a flag is really stupid.

• Like 2

I'm with mgcurtis, but i'm so conservative i'm taking it even further.   Just like mgcurtis, i'm done with baseball forever if one single Tiger kneels for the Anthem due to this belief.  I will push for a referendum that changes the phrase to 'As 'Murican as apple pie and NASCAR..pre stupid confederate flag rule' too.  But being so much more conservative than mgcurtis, if I see a Tiger kneeling, I will respect HIPAA regulations and assume that he is kneeling due to health concerns.  It's not my right to impose or ask him.  I will just pray that he gets better before the game starts. If he does manage to stand up later, I will praise Jesus for his heeling and continue to enjoy the game.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

If I see a single Detroit Tiger kneel for our national anthem I will stop following them.

Later, then. We hardly knew ye.

Epic first post, by the way.

12 hours ago, Yoda said:

Also, playing the anthem before sporting events is stupid. 

I have long believed that all sporting events should start with the playing of “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I have long believed that all sporting events should start with the playing of “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC

I get your point but I have to say that I hate hate hate hate that song.... I don't know why.  I just do.  That along with Bad to the Bone.  Probably has to do with certain person who would play it all the time at the bar after softball... I cringe and get angry when they come  on.

You hate it because it was/is played the **** out.

Nothing against AC/DC, but it is quite possible they have been played more on Detroit rock radio than any other band the past 40 years.

I don't think they were the greatest rock band, they just were prolific, if unoriginal.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You hate it because it was/is played the **** out.

Nothing against AC/DC, but it is quite possible they have been played more on Detroit rock radio than any other band the past 40 years.

I don't think they were the greatest rock band, they just were prolific, if unoriginal.

Any song that would be played before every sporting event ever would quickly get played out, so why not start with a song that’s already there.    

19 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

If I see a single Detroit Tiger kneel for our national anthem I will stop following them. I have watched supported and gone to hundreds of games over the past 45 years. The total disrespect for our national flag and anthem is going to far for me. I served in the military and to disrespect our current and fallen heroes is shameful. If you truly want to support the current situation then resign go out and run for public office and make a real genuine attempt to make changes. Kneeling in my eyes is a cowardly act of self gratification that does nothing to help or support the current toxic situation our country is in.  

Good.

Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Bye Felicia.

If Gardenhire kneels, then nobody should be complaining about it.  He is old school and does things the right way.  

• Thanks 1

guess we won't be seeing much of ol' mgcurtis around here any more then.

7 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Give me the first 37 seconds of this. One of the last great JCM 800 albums. 

4 hours ago, MotownWebGuy said:

442E3211-53C1-47F3-8979-E0A92B293A36.jpeg

I prayed, they all got up and were able to compete.  Praise Jesus!

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:15 PM, mgcurtis67 said:

This attitude "does nothing to help or support the current toxic situation our country is in."

As a veteran, you should understand the men and women fought wars FOR the right to protest. Nothing in more American than stating your opinion. You stated yours and now you can go ahead and quit following our local team. I guarantee you that you won't be missed. This country really doesn't need or want your toxic attitude.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, Oblong said:

I think using the memory and image of our troops against people exercising their freedom of speech is a huge dishonor to the very thing they fought for.  It's literally and precisely why they serve.... to protect that very thing.

Troops don't own the national anthem or patriotism or the flag.  We all do.    

And also, taking a knee is a sign of submission. The only person who related kneeling and disrespecting troops (or the flag) was our orange president. The man of 20,000 lies.

20 hours ago, apabruce said:

Playing the Anthem before sporting events is stupid, as many others have said.

What is the percentage of players who are not American citizens?  30%?  Is it unpatriotic for them to kneel?

I think it's done mostly for tradition. I think the NFL isn't going to play the anthem anymore. I heard they'll be playing "Baby Got Back". You know, that song with the lyrics, "I like big buttts and I can not lie"

18 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I got suspended from my Catholic school for wearing an AC/DC Highway to **** shirt. 

But you were only 7 years old...😄😄

9 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I prayed, they all got up and were able to compete.  Praise Jesus!

compete-ish

21 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

And, I like flags, but getting yourself all worked up about some perceived "disrespect" to a flag is really stupid.

Its just a lazy excuse to be an ******* and judge people. 

the jerk face across from our rental put this flag up this morning. must not have liked us watching Hamilton in our cottage.

78C4908E-AA93-4AEC-969A-51811228BD1F.jpeg