If I see a single Detroit Tiger kneel for our national anthem I will stop following them. I have watched supported and gone to hundreds of games over the past 45 years. The total disrespect for our national flag and anthem is going to far for me. I served in the military and to disrespect our current and fallen heroes is shameful. If you truly want to support the current situation then resign go out and run for public office and make a real genuine attempt to make changes. Kneeling in my eyes is a cowardly act of self gratification that does nothing to help or support the current toxic situation our country is in.  

• Sad 2

Nobody gives a **** and you're a coward for creating a new name to post this. 

• Thanks 2

I'll be sure to post here to let you know that I'm kneeling during the anthem. 

Also, playing the anthem before sporting events is stupid. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Yoda said:

this.

times 1000

Public rites and rituals are meant to build common community. When it gets to where people have diametrically opposing ideas of what a public rite or symbol means,  the best thing to do is retire it. It's quite pointless for the people on either side to demand that other people see the same 'truth' as they do. In a society where half the people won't even agree with the other regarding the most basic objective scientific facts - reaching for consensus on symbolic meanings and civic 'truth' is bound to be a bridge too far -  for at least the time being.

7 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

If I see a single Detroit Tiger kneel for our national anthem I will stop following them. I have watched supported and gone to hundreds of games over the past 45 years. The total disrespect for our national flag and anthem is going to far for me. I served in the military and to disrespect our current and fallen heroes is shameful. If you truly want to support the current situation then resign go out and run for public office and make a real genuine attempt to make changes. Kneeling in my eyes is a cowardly act of self gratification that does nothing to help or support the current toxic situation our country is in.  

Do you have any black friends? Do you have any empathy toward their plight? Black lives matter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

Two things, first, only in your mind is kneeling for the anthem disrespectful, because it simply isn't. You don't get to dictate to others how they express their patriotism. Secondly, if you have no humanity or empathy for the plight of others, that's on you, no one else.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yoda said:

This.

Agree with BLM as a statement...not so much with the violence and Marxism.  Agree that playing the anthem before a beisbol or any other game is a stupid idea the I never really understood....like why do women change their names when they get married?  Never got that one either

2 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Playing the anthem before sporting events is stupid.

I know that every morning when I showed up at the office (when I worked at one), they played the anthem before I sat down and did my job.  

I think using the memory and image of our troops against people exercising their freedom of speech is a huge dishonor to the very thing they fought for.  It's literally and precisely why they serve.... to protect that very thing.

Troops don't own the national anthem or patriotism or the flag.  We all do.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Do you have any black friends? Do you have any empathy toward their plight? Black lives matter.

He has one, and he somehow always comes up in conversations involving race.

12 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

Kneeling in my eyes is a cowardly act of self gratification that does nothing to help or support the current toxic situation our country is in.  

Refusing to go to a game if a Tiger does kneel will affect positive change, however.

Last time I was at a Tiger game, people stood for the anthem but were mostly on their phones or carrying on their conversation and drinking a beer. 

Isn't MLB not having fans in the stands? This seems like a hollow threat. 

13 hours ago, mgcurtis67 said:

What do you think about someone who wears American flag clothing?  Or hugs the flag?  Or uses the flag as an advertisement?   

11 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

What do you think about someone who wears American flag clothing?  Or hugs the flag?  Or uses the flag as an advertisement?   

Or has a butt-flosser flag bikini bottom?

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

violation of flag code..........

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel",  Samuel Johnson, 1775.    This is for the people who have to shove their patriotism in your face.   Just because you wave a flag and I don't it doesn't mean you love your country more than I do.   I love my country and I am very concerned about where it's going and like I'd do with a loved one, I will criticize it when it's putting itself in danger.    The treatment of non European white people in this country has been abhorrent our whole lives and it must stop.   One ugly man's hateful rhetoric has brought this to a boiling point and it's the only selling point he has left and he's going to throw so much gasoline on that fire between now and the Election that there is a guarantee of violence on Election Night, no matter who wins.   That's a **** of a legacy.    I question Colin Kaepernick, not for his kneeling,  but his admission that he didn't vote in 2016 (even if he didn't like Hillary, there were other things to vote for)  or him wearing pro-Castro shirt (if he thinks Black Americans have been brutalized, he needs a history lesson on Castro).   But I'll take his legacy every single day over the hate-filled ignorance of our current President.

I badly want to know which current or former poster posted this. 

Jake is back?

19 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I badly want to know which current or former poster posted this. 

Jake is back?

Jake was a liberal.  My guess is Maroth.  

13 minutes ago, Shelton said:

This thread sucks so much. 

Almost as much as Manfred.  

5 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Jake was a liberal.  My guess is Maroth.  

But it's the exact sort of thing he would troll. 

34 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Almost as much as Manfred.  

Nonsense. Manfred is the best.