Why they didn't go with Metropolitians I don't know. Their team name sounds like that of a minor league baseball franchise. What are their fans to be called, the krackheads? In any case, the secondary anchor logo with the space needle looks sweet.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

krackheads

that's good.

and when they lose the fans will be krack'd crabs.

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Why they didn't go with Metropolitians I don't know. Their team name sounds like that of a minor league baseball franchise. What are their fans to be called, the krackheads? In any case, the secondary anchor logo with the space needle looks sweet.

Why?   I don't know, do you know how much money they are going to make in merch with Kraken.     If anyone remembers the glory days of the Seattle Metropolitans (and they were very very good), then they are at least about 107 years old.     Plus, we already have a Metropolitans in baseball.  

Did you know that with the secondary teams in New York being named the Mets, Jets and Nets that the Islanders original name was supposed to be the Pets?   The league thankfully shot it down.  

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Why?   I don't know, do you know how much money they are going to make in merch with Kraken. 

No doubt. OTOH, I don't think it will take too long for "Get Kracken!" to get old.

The puns are endless. The enforcer is now the Kraker, getting hit is now being Kraked, whenever the team shows weakness there is a Krak in the armor, if another team has success against them they will have Kraked the code, fans are Krakheads, there is no limit. 

28 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

No doubt. OTOH, I don't think it will take too long for "Get Kracken!" to get old.

A lot of sports gimmicks get old.       As a Michigan fan if I have to hear Those Who Stay Will Be Champions again, I'm going to scream. 

51 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of sports gimmicks get old.       As a Michigan fan if I have to hear Those Who Stay Will Be Champions again, I'm going to scream. 

as you know I live in A^2, I have seen several yard signs around the neighborhood in maize and blue that read:

"Those who stay inside will be champions."

👍

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

as you know I live in A^2, I have seen several yard signs around the neighborhood in maize and blue that read:

"Those who stay inside will be champions."

👍

From a guy who never won a national championship. 

FYI the original Clash of the Titans is on Netflix.... I watched last night.  Holds up well I think.  I prefer the cheesy graphics and visual effects.... they look more real to me in a weird way. 

Harry Hamlin started an affair with Ursela Andress during the filming and she got pregnant.... she was quite a few years older than he was... what a stud.  My hero.  

I love how all Seattle teams are sea related(Don't know what the **** a seahawk is but it atleast has sea in it's name) and all have very similar color schemes.   

Pittsburgh does this with their teams colors too which I always liked.  

On 7/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, lordstanley said:

Will the Seattle fans throw squid on the ice during playoff games?

Won't be able to when the NHL uses the netting around the entire arena.