Sign in to follow this  
MotownWebGuy

Red Wings: Jacob Markstrom is on the short-list of goaltender options

The Canucks have built a nice core. They are very happy with Markstrom's play especially this past season and I see no reason they'd let him go. They'd surely get creative in other ways rather than toss their goalie aside, IMO.

Even with some bad contracts on their books, I imagine the Canucks will re-sign him like ls said.

I'm not sure he would really fit in with the current Wings' "timeline" but they do need someone in net....

dont they have one more year of bernier?  sign a stop gap and hope someone emerges from the system before you go make a deal for a goalie.  its not like theyre in a position to compete next year.

Speaking of the Canucks' and their cap space, there has been a rumour - quickly quashed/denied by management of course- that Brock Boeser may be on the block. 

15 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Speaking of the Canucks' and their cap space, there has been a rumour - quickly quashed/denied by management of course- that Brock Boeser may be on the block. 

I found the rumor bizarre since it seemed to be tied to re-signing Toffoli?

20 hours ago, Buddha said:

dont they have one more year of bernier?  sign a stop gap and hope someone emerges from the system before you go make a deal for a goalie.  its not like theyre in a position to compete next year.

Ya one more year on his deal.  Howard is a FA and hopefully he rides off into the sunset.  Pickard has another season and could sit behind Bernier, but it isn't a very good option haha.  There are some okay options in FA, but someone like Lehner would be more money than I imagine the Wings want to spend on goaltending while rebuilding.  Maybe someone like Cam Talbot could be a budget signing to pair with Bernier: https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2021/caphit/all/goalies