Keepleyland2

Detroit Tigers Intraquad games thread

Good news is that Manning's FB had a little more on it today, started at 92 but was hitting 95 and 96 in the 2nd inning.  Bad news is that his curveball was off today.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

No.

They are in color

You are incorrect, sir. It's colour

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Just now hearing the piped in noise and I actually like it.  I was afraid that it wouldn't sound natural but honestly while watching that first inning it sounded like how a crowd would  sound if it was a sparsely populated game. 

I particularly liked how they upped the volume on the 3-2 pitch with 2 outs. That's just how a crowd would react in that count.

I'm not sold on the piped in noise.  I think its cheesy.  I guess if the players and teams are in favor of it, that's what matters.

I've recorded short clips of me yelling "You suck, ___' , personalized for every players on the Tigers, 165 players on opposing teams, several umpiring crews and more than half of MLB managers.  Available to license to MLB for a small fee.

• Like 1

Tork with a weak grounder to Paredes at third.  Being the team player he is Tork wanted to give Paredes a fielding opportunity since he hasn't gotten much action during camp otherwise he surely would've hit one out to the statues.

27 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I've recorded short clips of me yelling "You suck, ___' , personalized for every players on the Tigers, 165 players on opposing teams, several umpiring crews and more than half of MLB managers.  Available to license to MLB for a small fee.

You suck Stewart.  Throw the bum oot.  

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I'm not sold on the piped in noise.  I think its cheesy.  I guess if the players and teams are in favor of it, that's what matters.

It's probably useful to drown out the cursing.

27 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

As expected none of the prospects make the opening day roster.

Rogers should be listed as being optioned. 

Chiang and Nick Ramirez not listed there. Neither is on the 40 yet. 

1 hour ago, clark1mt said:

It's probably useful to drown out the cursing.

Nothing drowned out Pelfrey's F bombs.

If I remember correctly, both Faedo and Skubal went on the 10 day IL list.  Faedo is listed above as being assigned to the alternative site.  What about Skubal?

Just now, apabruce said:

If I remember correctly, both Faedo and Skubal went on the 10 day IL list.  Faedo is listed above as being assigned to the alternative site.  What about Skubal?

I wonder if Norris and Skubal are victims of testing backlogs.

1 minute ago, apabruce said:

Skubal still hasn’t cleared Covid so he remains on the weird Covid DL. Faedo was cleared this morning. 

44 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Rogers should be listed as being optioned. 

Chiang and Nick Ramirez not listed there. Neither is on the 40 yet. 

Actually, I think Rogers is listed correctly, because he was optioned before spring starting ended. There are a bunch of other guys listed that are also 40 man guys that were “re-assigned” like Rogers. All of these guys were optioned before spring ended. Summer Camp presented by Camping World doesn’t change that, so you can’t say they are optioned again. 

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I wonder if Norris and Skubal are victims of testing backlogs.

I'm sure MLB is paying a premimum for overnight testing at whatever labs its using.

8 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I'm sure MLB is paying a premimum for overnight testing at whatever labs its using.

yeah - you would think that, but on the other hand, the PR hit if it came out that the league was cutting in front of people much more seriously at risk when things are blowing up all over the south states, might be a reason not to do that even if you could - so I guess I'd rate it a maybe.

23 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yeah - you would think that, but on the other hand, the PR hit if it came out that the league was cutting in front of people much more seriously at risk when things are blowing up all over the south states, might be a reason not to do that even if you could - so I guess I'd rate it a maybe.

There are private labs that do testing. It's not all public heath and state labs. 

44 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

There are private labs that do testing. It's not all public heath and state labs. 

two of the biggest testers in the country are private -  Quest and LabCorp and they are also backed up. But Gardenhire said Norris had been tested multiple times so it sounds like he just hasn't cleared it. From Norris' description he had about as bad a case a you would want to have short of being hospitalized. From what I've read it appears that once it gets in your lungs it can take a long time to get rid of the all the dead virus residue and the test can stay positive until you do even if you are over it in every other sense.

35 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Just take the L, G2. 

you keeping score again Shelton? Waste of energy.

🧛‍♂️

The split starter thing seemed to work well for Norris. I'm hopeful he can take another step forward this year

26 minutes ago, leflore said:

The split starter thing seemed to work well for Norris. I'm hopeful he can take another step forward this year

Yup. I'm at the point where whatever we get from Norris is bonus. He has really good -- potentially great - stuff but between his health problems and the fact that he can't seem to straighten out his delivery issues he's pretty much back to crapshoot status like the other non-Mize prospects. Would be a nice story if he did put it together.