Jump to content

Keepleyland2

Detroit Tigers Intraquad games thread

Recommended Posts


Figured we can do one thread for the intersquad games until we get to the 60 game season. Stop by talk the games and who looks good and how nice it is to have some games back. 

Oh, and for this 60 game season the game threads will celebrate the weird, the oddballs, the strange moments and crazy stats. To honor the year that is 2020. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christin Stewart waving for time to an umpire that is only there in his head. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched for an inning. It's too depressing/boring with no fans. The Tampa Bay Tigers? It sure feels that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I watched for an inning. It's too depressing/boring with no fans. The Tampa Bay Tigers? It sure feels that way.

I hardly noticed a difference from watching games last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highlight was the Greene catch in right field. Great catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cron with a walk off HR to end the game. That kind of thing always happens when you give the other team an extra out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

Highlight was the Greene catch in right field. Great catch.

looked like he was a little spooked by the jog in the wall. That has to be be a little weird the you the first time you run to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was strange that they named one of the teams Stews like Stewart has seniority.  Then I realized he kind of does.  They didn't want to name them the Goodies or the Candies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I thought it was strange that they named one of the teams Stews like Stewart has seniority.  Then I realized he kind of does.  They didn't want to name them the Goodies or the Candies.  

When Nico captains one teams -- the Goods -- the other team is called the Plentlys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe one team is Michigan and the other Turnbull? Ok that's a stretch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leflore said:

Maybe one team is Michigan and the other Turnbull? Ok that's a stretch

Pretty, pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

When Nico captains one teams -- the Goods -- the other team is called the Plentlys

Girl:  Hi, I'm Plenty.

Bond:  Of course you are.

Girl:  Plenty O'Toole.

 Bond:  Named for your father?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Girl:  Hi, I'm Plenty.

Bond:  Of course you are.

Girl:  Plenty O'Toole.

 Bond:  Named for your father?

The movies were entertaining enough, but purely as a spy, Bond is, was, and continues to be the most inept ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I've missed this, but Nolan Blackwood probably has the best name in camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The movies were entertaining enough, but purely as a spy, Bond is, was, and continues to be the most inept ever. 

I think of him more as an agent than a spy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, it is so great to hear Dan Dickerson calling games.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You can watch these games?   WHERE................WHERE !

 

 

mlb.com/tigers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is today's intrasquad game?  I have a day off of work and there's some podcast on instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casimir said:

Where is today's intrasquad game?  I have a day off of work and there's some podcast on instead?

Beck tweeted they were doing live BP today - implies that meant no IS game. There was one up on the schedule this AM but that web page has now been updated to show the real games starting on the 21st. I just went to the 'scores' link on the Tiger  home page and no tiger game is listed for today. There is a link if you want to watch the WhiteSox though....🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...