Brought to you by:

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan

davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

PuNk42AE is online now MotownSports Fan

Hopefully they can regroup and get their minds back in the game, ready for this series and then for Interleague Domination!
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

jz
    jz is offline Released

Indians will take 2 of 3 or sweep.

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Memory is funny. I have no recollection of Ray Lane's voice doing a Tiger broadcast - though I do of him doing many other things.
    'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

2014 AAT: WXXXy AXXXXs/Ezequiell Carrera
    2013 AAT: Javier Betancourt

As for sponsors, one not mentioned was Florsheim Shoes. Every time Ernie interviewed a player after the game they got a pair of Florsheim shoes. Willie Horton must have had a closet full of them.

john doe is offline MotownSports Fan
    Shangri la in the Summer, Timbuktu in the Winter

Hear Ray's voice here in a recent clip (Harwell Tribute). His voice is a bit raspy here but still, unmistakable. Paul Carey's rich Baritone is featured here also. Ernie Harwell Ceremony at Comerica Park - YouTube BTW, go to about 3:25
    It's pronounced Canada, and no, I haven't.

I am a bad man. Please don't put me in jail for that. Charles Liston helped. He deserves as much praise and blame as I do. Mostly praise.

Mitchman is offline MotownSports Fan

This series should be a pretty good indicator of where we are at. We are at home and we desperately need some wins.

WE NEED TO ****ING CRUSH THE BALL

pyrotigers is offline MotownSports Fan

Hoping to see Matt Young in the starting lineup. Free Matt Young
    Kobernoooooous

Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I believe the Indians have lost 8 of 9 or something. We should be able to beat up on them a little.
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

RedTeamGo! is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    Indians will take 2 of 3 or sweep.
    Every time I see a post like this I think to myself "this guy joined in 2012." and it seems like I am batting 1.000.

You are pathetic, if you can't handle some losing join your fairweather comrades and root for the Yankees.

I'm a long the lurker here on Motown and starting last season the whining has gotten really bad. It's funny, the better the tigers got on the field the worse the posters have gotten on motownsports. 9-10 years ago this place was one of the best places to read about baseball on the Internet and it is almost ruined because of posters like this guy.
    go reds

Moderators: crazy idea that has worked on Welcome to RedsZone.com - Home to Fans of the Cincinnati Reds

The forum was starting to have problems with new posters trolling so they initiated a policy where you have to earn the right to post on the "old red guard" which is reserved for the best and most serious posters. New posters post in a "minor league" forum and the major league posters decide who is good enough to make it to the old red guard.

I know it is a bit extreme but I think it would work on Motown. This place is seriously going downhill fast and it really sucks to watch.

You could make it so this policy is only for tigers baseball an everyone can post on all the other sports and whatnot.

At the very least it may scare some weak posters away.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 06-04-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    go reds

thefunk is offline MotownSports Fan

can I PLEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE make the cut?!?!?!
    GO TIGERS

MDMAzing is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Moderators: crazy idea that has worked on Welcome to RedsZone.com - Home to Fans of the Cincinnati Reds

The forum was starting to have problems with new posters trolling so they initiated a policy where you have to earn the right to post on the "old red guard" which is reserved for the best and most serious posters. New posters post in a "minor league" forum and the major league posters decide who is good enough to make it to the old red guard.

I know it is a bit extreme but I think it would work on Motown. This place is seriously going downhill fast and it really sucks to watch.

You could make it so this policy is only for tigers baseball an everyone can post on all the other sports and whatnot.

At the very least it may scare some weak posters away.
    so if you're not "rah rah go team joey blueskies" you cant post here anymore? LOL, please. There is nothing wrong with criticizing this teams BAD play this year. Ever since the 9-3 start, this team has been an abomination and deserves every bit of negative posts they get.

thefunk is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MDMAzing View Post
    so if you're not "rah rah go team joey blueskies" you cant post here anymore? LOL, please. There is nothing wrong with criticizing this teams BAD play this year. Ever since the 9-3 start, this team has been an abomination and deserves every bit of negative posts they get.
    must have joined in 2012
    GO TIGERS

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You are pathetic, if you can't handle some losing join your fairweather comrades and root for the Yankees.
    The Yankees aren't in first place though!
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: José Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats

Sports_Freak is offline MotownSports Fan

Meh. With high expectations comes huge disappointment when a team struggles. If the Tigers were expected to be a 3rd or 4th place team, people wouldn't be so down on them. But don't forget, once we start winning, most of these negative posts will disappear, as well as the people posting them.
    2014 AAT: Brennan Smith
    2013 AAT: Brennan Smith
    2012 AAT: Brennan Smith
    2010 AAT: Armando Galarraga

Quote Originally Posted by thefunk View Post
    must have joined in 2012
    Yep he joined in may of 2012 in fact.
    go reds

A lot of the crap in the game threads is not criticizing, it is trolling. The game threads are just painful to read... Repetitive posts with just horrible grammar.

You honestly think saying "the Indians are going to sweep the tigers" is criticizing?
    go reds

Juck Verllo is offline MotownSports Fan

I’ve never been on a message board that everyone got along, every post I agreed with and there were no trolls. If I did find that board I’d never visit it again.

I don’t see why people get weird about the game threads? It’s a game thread, the posts are reactions to the game, good or bad. I don’t go to Comerica and when an error happens and people boo and talk **** I say sheesh these games are awful so many negative people. Same thing applies here.

Frankly these posts that ***** about the game threads and how awful they are and how unreadable they are are the ones that I consider the biggest trolling attempts. It worked Reds fan, good job.
    My Cocaine is a good actor

sabretooth is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    As for sponsors, one not mentioned was Florsheim Shoes. Every time Ernie interviewed a player after the game they got a pair of Florsheim shoes. Willie Horton must have had a closet full of them.
    From Sibley's, Michigan's largest retailer of Florsheim products!
    Introibo ad altare Dei

2013 AAT: Jim Price

Quote Originally Posted by Juck Verllo View Post
    Frankly these posts that ***** about the game threads and how awful they are and how unreadable they are are the ones that I consider the biggest trolling attempts. It worked Reds fan, good job.
    Saying that the Indians are going to win 2 or 3 or sweep is not a fan criticizing the team. It's not a reaction to the game. It's a self-satisfied prediction that the team will fail in a very important series. It's just being a dick.

I don't know that I agree with RT's suggestion, but it's a hell of a lot more reasonable that the **** that "jz" has piled on this board.

Jz is the kind of "fan" that could probably only cheer for about one minute -- just after the team wins the title. Then probably a minute later would start bitching and moaning about how the team can't repeat. Do people like this really think that withholding their good opinion will somehow make a positive difference, as if we as fans have some impact on team play while posting on a message board?

Newsflash for jz -- the Detroit Tigers probably never read messageboards, and I'm sure if they ever did it's not to get motivated by the ridicule of fans.

The only thing we impact around here is each other, and I'm tired of having folks like jz come on MTS **only** to rejoice in the team's failure. The only thing this kind of "fan" enjoys is seeing the team lose and complaining about anybody who dares to root for the team.

By comparison, as much of a pain as Cecil could be, he rooted for the Tigers and brought some good arguments into the mix for improving the team. I'll take someone like tigersrok anyday over the stuff I've seen from "jz".
    Introibo ad altare Dei

The team is not the one getting the negative treatment around here....the team doesn't read MTS. We're the ones having to suffer with the bad play AND the anti-fans rooting against the team and ridiculing folks who do root for the team.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

I'm just curious who the rag rah Joey blue skies people are.

I think everyone is upset with the team's performance to date.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post

Why didn't I think of that?? Exactly...who are the "rah-rah" types around here? We've all complained alot...

It's only a couple of guys who added on recently who seem to like rooting against the team.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

The internet hard-guy types who think we have to be elevated by their wisdom see them everywhere.

MDMAzing is offline MotownSports Fan

Ive lurked this board since the middle of the 08 season and it seemed like anyone who dare say anything bad(and i dont mean jz "indians are going to sweep" type posts) i mean actual legit criticisms, the main responses they get are "youre not a real fan, go pick another team", etc. Its like they just had their first born insulted. For example, ive noticed guys like Trok get **** on all the time here and all he does is bring up legit concerns about the team.

The fact is, its an internet message board and you are going to get all different types of people. But to say reading "xxxxx sucks" ruins your experience is silly.

the quality of post is directly correlated with the quality of play, and right now its not good.

Blog Entries

That isn't a legit criticism at all. The guy was simply looking for a reaction.
    Facebook

Blog Entries

the quality of post is directly correlated with the quality of play, and right now its not good.
    Maybe for you. The board was very good before the team ever became a contender. The Tigers became good and a bunch of football fans took over that thought they knew the answers to everything and that 3 losses means the season is over.

Saying that the quality of the posts should suck if the team sucks is a pretty crappy statement. You're simply giving yourself an excuse to suck.
    Facebook

tiger337 is offline MotownSports Writer

If we are going to follow Red's plan on a Tigers board, we need a couple of elite posters, a bunch of one dimensional posters and then a group of awful posters that get shuffled between the minor and major league boards.
    Lee Panas
    detroittigertales.com

"They can use both (old- and new-school statistics)," Cabrera said. "In 2012, we've got to take advantage of all that.

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Maybe for you. The board was very good before the team ever became a contender. The Tigers became good and a bunch of football fans took over that thought they knew the answers to everything and that 3 losses means the season is over.

Saying that the quality of the posts should suck if the team sucks is a pretty crappy statement. You're simply giving yourself an excuse to suck.
    Our self appointed "Post Quality Cop" got banned. Unintended consequences I wonder?....
    'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

2014 AAT: WXXXy AXXXXs/Ezequiell Carrera
    2013 AAT: Javier Betancourt

Ive lurked this board since the middle of the 08 season and it seemed like anyone who dare say anything bad(and i dont mean jz "indians are going to sweep" type posts) i mean actual legit criticisms, the main responses they get are "youre not a real fan, go pick another team", etc. Its like they just had their first born insulted. For example, ive noticed guys like Trok get **** on all the time here and all he does is bring up legit concerns about the team.

The fact is, its an internet message board and you are going to get all different types of people. But to say reading "xxxxx sucks" ruins your experience is silly.

FWIW, I think t-rok has become more balanced over the years I've been here...I agree that he still gets more **** than he probably deserves but I think some of his criticisms have garnered their share of respect, too.

I do agree that posters who complain tend to catch a lot of crap...but that's kind of the "give and ye shall receive" thing...complain and people will be more likely to complain back at you...I think that's true everywhere.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

Quote Originally Posted by Gehringer_2 View Post
    Our self appointed "Post Quality Cop" got banned. Unintended consequences I wonder?....
    Yoda got banned????
    Introibo ad altare Dei

Blog Entries

Har har
    Facebook

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
    FWIW, I think t-rok has become more balanced over the years I've been here...I agree that he still gets more **** than he probably deserves but I think some of his criticisms have garnered their share of respect, too.

I do agree that posters who complain tend to catch a lot of crap...but that's kind of the "give and ye shall receive" thing...complain and people will be more likely to complain back at you...I think that's true everywhere.
    Has nobody on the board noticed that Trok was also banned?
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Has nobody on the board noticed that Trok was also banned?
    Really? I had not noticed that...well, I guess I should be more careful with my "compliments" then.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

PuNk42AE is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tiger337 View Post
    If we are going to follow Red's plan on a Tigers board, we need a couple of elite posters, a bunch of one dimensional posters and then a group of awful posters that get shuffled between the minor and major league boards.
    I'll go down to the little leagues
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast