Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 420
  1. #1
    IdahoBert's Avatar
    IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    32,502

    Default 04-12-12-DETROIT VS TAMPA BAY--1:05 PM











    From Detroit, Michigan



    It's the Detroit Tigers
    vs
    the Tampa Bay Rays







    April 12, 2012 1:05 PM









    Brought to you by:


    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

  2. #2
    PuNk42AE's Avatar
    PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    26,525

    Default

    Niemann @ Smyly
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

    2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

    Æ

  3. #3
    Jeff6851's Avatar
    Jeff6851 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    5,367

    Default

    Hope Fielder goes deep. Think his 2 HR from Saturday are his only XBH so far
    2012 AL Champs

  4. #4
    Auburndale Ray's Avatar
    Auburndale Ray is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The Villages, Florida
    Posts
    21,189
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Niemann is hard to figure out...
    Sometimes he is just a 6' 9" stiff that can't do anything right...
    And other times, he has good movement on his pitches with decent control...
    He has had trouble with his back, but reports now put him at 100% right now...
    I suspect the Tiger hitters will over-power him, even if he is having a good day...
    GO TIGERS!!!

  5. #5
    IdahoBert's Avatar
    IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    32,502

    Default

    I can't imagine getting "carried away" with the "body-building" equipment in that gym. Nice socks Tram.
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

  6. #6
    jackson_cannery's Avatar
    jackson_cannery is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    15,245

    Default

    Win the series.

  7. #7
    mmwatkin's Avatar
    mmwatkin is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    I am going to be at the beach tomorrow with a cold beer listening to Dan & Jim on the radio. Can't wait

  8. #8
    Casimir is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW OH
    Posts
    13,181

    Default

    So far in the regular season, the boys have not had a multiple game losing streak. I see no reason why this cannot continue.

  9. #9
    IdahoBert's Avatar
    IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    32,502

    Default

    I can catch Dan and Jim for the last 45 minutes of a game on my lunch break, which in my Mountain Time zone is about 1:00 to 1:50, when a day game is played in the the Eastern Time zone. I love this. Night games are harder for me to follow because they occur right during dinner. I'll enjoy this schedule while it lasts.
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

  10. #10
    sagnam's Avatar
    sagnam is online now MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    12,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    I can catch Dan and Jim for the last 45 minutes of a game on my lunch break, which in my Mountain Time zone is about 1:00 to 1:50, when a day game is played in the the Eastern Time zone. I love this. Night games are harder for me to follow because they occur right during dinner. I'll enjoy this schedule while it lasts.
    I have to agree with you about early games. I bought a $6 USB rechargeable radio last year just so I can listen to day games at work. Turns out I ended up working a ton of hours last summer and fall and had it fornight games as well. Best $6 I've ever spent.
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

  11. #11
    macedonian bengal's Avatar
    macedonian bengal is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Attleboro, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Stoked for Smyly Todd's MLB debut!
    2014 AAT Lhp Kevin Ziomek

  12. #12
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Lucky for Drew he has Young in left while the defensively superior Dirks is at DH.

    I really would like an explanation as to why he keeps doing this...
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  13. #13
    TigerNation's Avatar
    TigerNation is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lucky for Drew he has Young in left while the defensively superior Dirks is at DH.

    I really would like an explanation as to why he keeps doing this...
    When you have a stud, run producing bat like Delmon's, you do anything you can to keep him happy...

  14. #14
    Tim Mitchell is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ridgefield,WA
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Today will be D(elmon) Day.

  15. #15
    davidsb's Avatar
    davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    I can't imagine getting "carried away" with the "body-building" equipment in that gym. Nice socks Tram.
    Probably the same socks the other three are wearing less the stirrups.

  16. #16
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNation View Post
    When you have a stud, run producing bat like Delmon's, you do anything you can to keep him happy...
    I assume this was sarcasm?
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  17. #17
    Casimir is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW OH
    Posts
    13,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I assume this was sarcasm?
    Was this sarcasm playing off of sarcasm?

  18. #18
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    15,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I assume this was sarcasm?
    It is important to keep everyone happy. Maybe Delmon asked to play the field today because it is his aunts birthday or something...

    Whiel I am on this.....I heard someone the other day trot out the old 'Why is Avila getting a day off! He has caught 3 games with 2 scheduled days already!'

    The 'season' just started, but we all know Alex has been playing baseball for over a month by now. His body doesn't know the difference between spring ball and 'real' ball.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

  19. #19
    dabeave's Avatar
    dabeave is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I was at the 4-10 game, sitting close behind the plate. Early in the game the umpire took a foul ball and had to walk it off. Miggy foul tipped one right over his head right after that. Both of them had the humor to joke about it, but you definately could tell the ball really stung.

    A few innings later Laird took a ball off the hand, and had to walk it off. The trainer came out to check on him too. Avila DESERVES a day off with that type of a beating. Laird litterally 'took one for the team' with that foul tip.

  20. #20
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    It is important to keep everyone happy. Maybe Delmon asked to play the field today because it is his aunts birthday or something...

    Whiel I am on this.....I heard someone the other day trot out the old 'Why is Avila getting a day off! He has caught 3 games with 2 scheduled days already!'

    The 'season' just started, but we all know Alex has been playing baseball for over a month by now. His body doesn't know the difference between spring ball and 'real' ball.
    I'm sure you'd agree that's a pretty silly reason to put the team at risk defensively. Delmon isn't a good enough player that they should be having to "make him happy".

    On the subject of Avila, he was out because he was sick. He only played in 23 games in the spring and averaged 2 AB's per game. I'm sure that felt much different than the regular season so I'm not sure what your point is there. I'm all for giving Avila as many days off as he needs though, for the record.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  21. #21
    Mr. Bigglesworth's Avatar
    Mr. Bigglesworth is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    25,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    I can't imagine getting "carried away" with the "body-building" equipment in that gym.
    Peaches looks like he is about to get a root canal.

  22. #22
    Mr. Bigglesworth's Avatar
    Mr. Bigglesworth is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    25,537

  23. #23
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
    I would bet my house on a $5 return that it was.
    The only reason I questioned it was because some people actually do feel Delmon is a great offensive player, thanks to Rod and Mario.
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  24. #24
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    24,832
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The only reason I questioned it was because some people actually do feel Delmon is a great offensive player, thanks to Rod and Mario.
    You're right, no baseball fans can formulate their own opinion...

  25. #25
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I have to say, Trammell had some nice legs! All of those jump and spin moves really paid off!
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  26. #26
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    You're right, no baseball fans can formulate their own opinion...
    Clearly that's what I was saying. :\
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  27. #27
    Chopper's Avatar
    Chopper is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    After yesterday, this is a must win game or we could very well be seeing our season go down in flames.
    Country strong

  28. #28
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    15,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm sure you'd agree that's a pretty silly reason to put the team at risk defensively. Delmon isn't a good enough player that they should be having to "make him happy".

    On the subject of Avila, he was out because he was sick. He only played in 23 games in the spring and averaged 2 AB's per game. I'm sure that felt much different than the regular season so I'm not sure what your point is there. I'm all for giving Avila as many days off as he needs though, for the record.
    I think I said 'make EVERYONE happy' dudes on the team, Leyland likes keeping his guys fresh, end of story for me. I shouldn't have responded because there was no point really. I didn't want to stir up the hornets nest.

    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

  29. #29
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    24,832
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Clearly that's what I was saying. :\
    There really wasn't much to read between the lines there. You flat out implied that anyone who thinks Delmon is a good offensive player is the same type of fan who tunes into FSD and only gets their Tigers news from Rod and Mario.

  30. #30
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    15,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    There really wasn't much to read between the lines there. You flat out implied that anyone who thinks Delmon is a good offensive player is the same type of fan who tunes into FSD and only gets their Tigers news from Rod and Mario.
    FTR: I think Delmon is a good offensive player, watch FSD AND like to think I know a 'little' more than the average fan.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

  31. #31
    MC24 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Definitely a must win game.

  32. #32
    MC24 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    FTR: I think Delmon is a good offensive player, watch FSD AND like to think I know a 'little' more than the average fan.
    Delmon Young is an awful baseball player. Nothing "good" about him.

  33. #33
    lesgoblu02's Avatar
    lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    23,301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Come on MC, he's got decent power. Unfortunately, he makes less contact than I do and a worse eye than Sammy Davis Jr.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

  34. #34
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    24,832
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MC24 View Post
    Delmon Young is an awful baseball player. Nothing "good" about him.
    You must not watch much FSD.

  35. #35
    alwaysthrowheat's Avatar
    alwaysthrowheat is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,203

    Default

    Also, this isn't the first time that Dirks is DH and Elmon is in LF. It's not a special occasion. This is going to get old really, really quickly. Dirks provides significantly less value as a DH than when he's playing the field.

  36. #36
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    24,832
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysthrowheat View Post
    Also, this isn't the first time that Dirks is DH and Elmon is in LF. It's not a special occasion. This is going to get old really, really quickly. Dirks provides significantly less value as a DH than when he's playing the field.
    Agreed. Dirks would most likely never be penciled in as a DH on my line-up card.

  37. #37
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    15,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MC24 View Post
    Delmon Young is an awful baseball player. Nothing "good" about him.
    I think you are 'wrong'.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

  38. #38
    Yoda's Avatar
    Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    59,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    I think I said 'make EVERYONE happy' dudes on the team, Leyland likes keeping his guys fresh, end of story for me. I shouldn't have responded because there was no point really. I didn't want to stir up the hornets nest.
    What's the harm in having a simple discussion? I think when, in 4 out of 6 games, you play the worst outfielder in the outfield while better outfielders DH, it warrants a discussion. 6 games doesn't really matter, I just hope this ratio doesn't continue all season. Delmon really isn't a guy they should be having to make happy, IMO.
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

  39. #39
    lesgoblu02's Avatar
    lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    23,301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Agree w/ Yoda.

    You keep Fielder and Cabrera happy. Not a guy who can't play defense or reach base 30% of the time.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

  40. #40
    MC24 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    I think you are 'wrong'.
    Terrible fielder and terrible hitter. How am I wrong?

    If pitchers were smart, they would never throw Delmon a fastball because that's about the only pitch he can hit.

    And the dude can NEVER draw a walk. He's not a quality player.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 05-24-11--DETROIT VS. TAMPA BAY--7:05 PM
    By IdahoBert in forum Tigers Game Threads
    Replies: 386
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM
  2. 05-23-11--DETROIT VS. TAMPA BAY--7:05 PM
    By IdahoBert in forum Tigers Game Threads
    Replies: 529
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 09:36 PM
  3. 08-09-10--DETROIT VS TAMPA BAY--7:05 PM
    By IdahoBert in forum Tigers Game Threads
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 09:52 AM
  4. 07-29-10--DETROIT VS TAMPA BAY--12:10 PM
    By IdahoBert in forum Tigers Game Threads
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
  5. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •