2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

DET: R. Porcello (11-6, 4.50)
    KC: F. Paulino (1-8, 4.20)
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

jackson_cannery is offline MotownSports Fan

Was going to go to this game. Saw the pitching matchups. Now I'm going on Saturday.

IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan

Just an aside--since I saw Porcello as the starter--the Tigers' rotation schedules Verlander to miss both upcoming series with the Tribe. With a day off before each of these upcoming series, Penny could be conveniently dropped and Porcello could take his place, thus putting Verlander in against the Indians for the last game of each three-game series. We get both Verlander against the Indians and no Penny against them in two crucial series. Does God love the Tigers or what?
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

IF they do it... I sure hope so.
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

I hope they do a skip or two also, it's really needed, but then also in the heat of the summer which is the worst way to go?
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

Antrat is offline MotownSports Fan

Hopefully Jim will not be his usual stubborn self.
    "mumblemumblemuble every game is the same, doesn't matter who pitches when mumblegrumblemumble"
    My neighbor thinks I'm following or even stalking her, she is worried that I may be obsessed with her and any time she hears a noise in her house she is...purified? Oh, wait: petrified. Sorry, it's not easy reading a diary through binoculars from a tree.

toadhunter911 is offline MotownSports Fan

Another series win, please.
    “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NIV84

Titus Tiger is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Indians just took a 5-3 lead

I think I just found Titus' twitter...

Antrat is offline MotownSports Fan

Watching the Whitesox game.
    Whatever else you may think of them, they have some of the hottest womenz in the crowd.
    My neighbor thinks I'm following or even stalking her, she is worried that I may be obsessed with her and any time she hears a noise in her house she is...purified? Oh, wait: petrified. Sorry, it's not easy reading a diary through binoculars from a tree.

tigerfanfromchicago is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Antrat View Post
    Watching the Whitesox game.
    Whatever else you may think of them, they have some of the hottest womenz in the crowd.
    Hot women at US Cellular Field? Well, I guess it's possible some Yankee fans made the trip.

froggyvk is offline MotownSports Fan

Paulino has good stuff.

Charles Liston is offline MotownSports Fan

Tigers vs Royals. Lions vs Christians. Indians vs Custer. Hey, what was Custer wearing at Little Big Horn? An Arrow shirt.

redshark63 is offline MotownSports Fan

Andrew Miller - you suck!

Thank you, I feel better now.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    2014 AAT: Drew VerHagen

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Liston View Post
    Tigers vs Royals. Lions vs Christians. Indians vs Custer. Hey, what was Custer wearing at Little Big Horn? An Arrow shirt.
    A chief wahoo hat (ironically).
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

Casimir is offline MotownSports Fan

Can't screw around in these first two games. Cy Chen is scheduled to go on Sunday.

KleShreen is offline Banned

Know what annoys me more than anything about Leyland? When after every time the Tigers win a series 2-1 and lose the 1 because of an idiotic lineup, Leyland goes "Well, we won 2 of 3 and I'm fine with that. We played well." It's like he could give two ***** whether or not they sweep a series. He's fine with settling for two out of three in every series and it annoys the **** out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Know what annoys me more than anything about Leyland? When after every time the Tigers win a series 2-1 and lose the 1 because of an idiotic lineup, Leyland goes "Well, we won 2 of 3 and I'm fine with that. We played well." It's like he could give two ***** whether or not they sweep a series. He's fine with settling for two out of three in every series and it annoys the **** out of me.
    I'd be cool with it if they took 2 out of every 3. So, if Skip could just see that that happens, no worries.

Cecil is offline Released

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Ogando dominates righties. Peralta-Jackson-Ordonez-Avila were a combined 1 for 21 against Ogando. Guys need a day off sometime.

Just thinking about the chances of seeing Turner again this season. I think it could happen without violating an innings-limit. If you stick to the perameters of Tom Verducci's "Year After Effect," and limit a guy to no more than 30 innings beyond what he pitched the year before (115 + 30 = 145) Turner has only 27 innings left this season (having pitched 118 between Erie and Detroit). He tends to go around six innings a game, so let's say he has only 4 or 5 more starts left this year. He doesn't pitch for Toledo until August 11. If he stays on a ten-day rotation schedule he gets three more games total at Toledo before the end of his minor league season on August 31, pitching on the 11th, the 21st and the 31st. With nine days rest he could bump Penny from the rotation for a Sept 9 game with the Twins in Detroit. He could do the same 11 days later on the 20th against the Royals in KC. That would be two probably better-pitched games than you'd get from Penny in the last three weeks of the season. It might make a difference. Then you shut him down. It's possible. The planets are lining up to make it possible.

mckibbka is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    He doesn't pitch for Toledo until August 11.
    Not doubting at all, but I am just wondering how you know he isn't pitching again until August 11? If this is for sure a fact, I think I'll make a plan to go watch him Toledo. Thanks, Bert!
    2013 AAT: Al Alburquerque
    2012 AAT: MIGUEL CABRERA--MVP and Triple Crown Winner
    VT

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Ogando dominates righties. Peralta-Jackson-Ordonez-Avila were a combined 1 for 21 against Ogando. Guys need a day off sometime.
    Who cares who he dominates? It was a big series, go for the jugular. The pitcher is a rookie, let our guys face em. Not only did Penny pitch but 4 of our regulars sat on the bench. I wasn't in the camp that wanted to see Jackson sat, so yeah I am going to ***** about yesterdays lineup. If I were Illitch I would have been pissed, it is like Leyland shouldn't have even showed up to work for the day. He phoned it in. You don't rest 4 regulars in one game ever. The max should be 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mckibbka View Post
    Not doubting at all, but I am just wondering how you know he isn't pitching again until August 11? If this is for sure a fact, I think I'll make a plan to go watch him Toledo. Thanks, Bert!
    The team announced it shortly after Turner was sent to Toledo. He will start for the Hens on the 11th.

4 guys, 21 ABs, that's 5 per guy plus an extra AB. I don't think that is much of a track record to go on. Avila is not right handed, but it was a day game after a night game, so I can see giving him the day off from catching. But why not DH him, have Martinez catch, leave Cabrera at 1B? Especially with the next series, southpaw Chen will be pitching on Sunday, a day game after a night game, that could have been the Avila day off.

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    4 guys, 21 ABs, that's 5 per guy plus an extra AB. I don't think that is much of a track record to go on. Avila is not right handed, but it was a day game after a night game, so I can see giving him the day off from catching. But why not DH him, have Martinez catch, leave Cabrera at 1B? Especially with the next series, southpaw Chen will be pitching on Sunday, a day game after a night game, that could have been the Avila day off.
    I wondered that Alex didn't catch as well, but I think there is a good probability that JL quite deliberately wanted Martinez and Penny to be forced to get past their issues from the prior start.
    'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

2014 AAT: WXXXy AXXXXs/Ezequiell Carrera
    2013 AAT: Javier Betancourt

Quote Originally Posted by mckibbka View Post
    It was in some blog post or article beck wrote a few days back.

ballmich is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    Just an aside--since I saw Porcello as the starter--the Tigers' rotation schedules Verlander to miss both upcoming series with the Tribe. With a day off before each of these upcoming series, Penny could be conveniently dropped and Porcello could take his place, thus putting Verlander in against the Indians for the last game of each three-game series. We get both Verlander against the Indians and no Penny against them in two crucial series. Does God love the Tigers or what?
    Will the Tigers do that, though? I have my doubts. Afterall, they could have had JV pitch today on regular rest -- which also would have lined him up for both Cleveland series. I hope they do it, but seems to me that it's not likely.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Juck Verllo is offline MotownSports Fan

I respect the talent of Billy Butler… but man I hate him. He’s nearing the status of legendary “Tiger Killers” like Luke Scott, Juan Uribe & Satan’s son Joe Crede. Do not give this thorn in the side anything to hit!

Oh and...Win you dummies!!!
    My Cocaine is a good actor

Jeff6851 is offline MotownSports Fan

Will Jim do this resting regulars regularly in the playoffs?
    2012 AL Champs

waffel is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff6851 View Post
    Will Jim do this resting regulars regularly in the playoffs?
    Durrr I dunno durrrrr

Jeff6851 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by waffel View Post
    Durrr I dunno durrrrr
    Well, either he's smart and doesn't do it or he shows why we underachieve and does. It's not like it'll be his first trip to the playoffs and ever since Leyland became "bad" (2007) we haven't made it to the playoffs to find out so I think it's a legit question
    2012 AL Champs

MotorCityKitty is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff6851 View Post
    Well, either he's smart and doesn't do it or he shows why we underachieve and does. It's not like it'll be his first trip to the playoffs and ever since Leyland became "bad" (2007) we haven't made it to the playoffs to find out so I think it's a legit question
    Do we have to bring up how he rested Polanco in 09 when we needed him?

Sorry had to bring it up!

Quote Originally Posted by ballmich View Post
    Will the Tigers do that, though? I have my doubts. Afterall, they could have had JV pitch today on regular rest -- which also would have lined him up for both Cleveland series. I hope they do it, but seems to me that it's not likely.
    Checking the schedule with Justin Verlander « Beck's Blog

Checking the schedule with Justin Verlander
    Once again, Justin Verlander will take the mound in Kansas City Saturday night, bringing his 7-2 career record and 1.62 ERA at Kauffman Stadium with him along with an extra day of rest. Manager Jim Leyland kept his rotation in line after last Monday’s off-day to give him a little breather.

The question now is whether Leyland will do it again next week. The schedule suggests he will not.

The Tigers have another off-day coming up Monday before their three-game Central showdown in Cleveland Tuesday through Thursday. If Leyland keeps his rotation in order, Verlander would miss that series and start next Friday in Baltimore....

“He’s getting an extra day this time,” Leyland said Tuesday. “Next time’s up in the air. If he gets an extra day the next time, he’ll miss Cleveland.”

...I’m not saying Leyland will or won’t do it. I suspect Leyland’s leaning towards making sure he faces Cleveland, but I don’t know that. He brought up the issue himself, not me. But we’ll see....[more]

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityKitty View Post
    Do we have to bring up how he rested Polanco in 09 when we needed him?

Sorry had to bring it up!
    Lets do. He rested Polanco 1 game in September and 1 game in October when they were up 3 games.

If I'm reading the schedules right, if he bumps up Verlander he would match up against Jimenez. I'm not sure I would skip Penny's start. I would start him against Baltimore.

Blog Entries

If I'm reading the schedules right, if he bumps up Verlander he would match up against Jimenez. I'm not sure I would skip Penny's start. I would start him against Baltimore.
    Why?

MotorCityKitty is offline MotownSports Fan

Lets do. He rested Polanco 1 game in September and 1 game in October when they were up 3 games.
    sorry, I should have insert <sarcasm> after that.

I was being sarcastic because seems that when ever this stuff comes up, the fact that he rested Polanco always gets brought up and beat to death.

I forget people can't hear my sarcasm through a message board post sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Why?
    They're going to need a 5th starter. Would you rather he start against Cleveland? It pushes back the good starter and makes sure Penny avoids Cleveland when they come to town.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast