Default BHO's made-up girlfriend "Julia"

Melody is offline MotownSports Fan

LOL @ "hot Canadian girlfriend."

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

IMPEACH HIM!
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

ROMAD1 is offline MotownSports Fan

The idea that this is somehow the use of the composite from his book makes me wonder how the campaign will use the madrasah and dog eating stories to demonstrate the amazing policies.

Auburndale Ray is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Well...At least there are no blow-up dolls yet...

Mr. DNA is offline MotownSports Fan

Hey, whatever it takes to get the Mormon Michael Dukakis into office so he can reward his corporate cronies and cackle heartily at the christian fundamentalists and "small government conservatives" who voted for him over the brown guy with the even goofier name.

screwball is offline MotownSports Fan

After reading these threads, and what poses as political discussion these days - we deserve whatever we get - bend over and enjoy it.
    The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it - John Kenneth Galbraith

pfife is offline MotownSports Fan

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

What is with "BHO"?
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    After reading these threads, and what poses as political discussion these days - we deserve whatever we get - bend over and enjoy it.
    +1
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

Employers in U.S. Added Fewer Jobs Than Forecast in April - Bloomberg

Will Julia be looking for work in those cartoons or is she no longer looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
    What is with "BHO"?
    Barack Hussein Obama.

It's a way for the OP to alienate and annoy half the viewers of his thread right away making it more and more difficult to have a decent discourse on an already worthless subject.

It basically has no useful purpose other than to annoy people.
    Obama '12

Quote Originally Posted by pfife View Post
    yawn
    Yup.
    Obama '12

GOP Offers Rebuttal Message to Obama's 'Julia' - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

"When Obama took office Julia's share of the national debt was $34,419," the RNC writes on its Tumblr account. "Since Obama took office, Julia's share of the national debt has increased $16,345 to $50,764. If Obama wins a second term, by the time he leaves office Julia's share of the national debt under Obama will have increased by $31,628 tp $66,047."
    Yawn all you want, Jokers.

'Julia' Becomes Vehicle for Obama's Messaging - NYTimes.com

Found this amusing

Under @BarackObama's policies, #Julia's dependent on gov welfare from cradle to, well, age 67. Then death panels decide bit.ly/IMGawk

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynuts View Post
    Barack Hussein Obama.

It's a way for the OP to alienate and annoy half the viewers of his thread right away making it more and more difficult to have a decent discourse on an already worthless subject.

It basically has no useful purpose other than to annoy people.
    It's his initials, like GWB, LBJ, JFK ... Geez people.

Who is the Drizzle? is offline MotownSports Fan

Slappies slapping each other. Nothing substantive to see here anymore.

I guess in that sense this forum mirrors Washington come election season.
    We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security. - DDE
    Those who take the extreme positions in American political and economic life are always wrong. - DDE

Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Exactly.... don't forget FDR.

people need to ease up on being annoyed and/or offended. Grow a pair.

Or perhaps the complaining about it is just a way to invent a controversy when it doesn't exist. Cuts both ways, eh?

Didn't even dawn on me that BHO was meant to remind that "Hey! The H stands for Hussein! Did you know that? HE's a Ay-Rab Muslim Towel Head"

Mission Accomplished.

I think if you use a person's initials to name them its considered a form of character assassination. Please call the Secret Service.

That's why they shot JFK.....

It should be a badge of honor. Only the greats seem to get the 3 letters. It's a form of flattery. Reagan didn't get it. Neither did Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Who is the Drizzle? View Post
    Slappies slapping each other. Nothing substantive to see here anymore.

I guess in that sense this forum mirrors Washington come election season.
    No doubt. I read a headline just yesterday that 70 percent of the adds were negative. It sells I guess.

I always had hope the American people were smart enough, or fed up enough, they would stay above that.

Guess not. Divide and conquer in full bloom.

People get their panties in a bunch over stupid stuff like this, yet don't care that .gov, the banksters, and Fed have ripped them off for trillions and NOBODY has went to jail.

We should all change our name to Ben Dover.
    The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it - John Kenneth Galbraith

Eh. They act like clowns, what's wrong with laughing at them now and then?

No, this isn't a bhd. But yes, that "hot Canadian girlfriend" line made me spew coffee in my lap.

the thing with the girlfriend from Canada and eating dogs were in his book from 1995, right?

Why is it that everything Sarah Palin did or wrote since junior high is front page news but something Obama had written is only now coming to light?

I also laughed at the ex girlfriend who said she told Obama she loved him and he said "Thank you". Pimp!

Eh. They act like clowns, what's wrong with laughing at them now and then?

No, this isn't a bhd. But yes, that "hot Canadian girlfriend" line made me spew coffee in my lap.
    Maybe because I follow the financial world so closely, but I don't find anything funny about it.

As an example, we all remember MF Global, the firm that blew up, bigger than Lehman? If not, I'm sure they remember Jon Corzine.

Their is another company, who handles people's 401k, retirement accounts, etc. Pension Financial. This was a 30 dollar stock at one time. It's trading at less than a dollar right now. What happens if they go belly up? Who and what protections do the people who have money with them? What says they don't lose their money, just like the ones did with MF Global? They are not alone, and MF was one of the 21 largest broker-dealers there was. Everybody has to go through one of those people, they are the market.

Where is your money safe with these crooks? The FDIC doesn't have enough money to cover the losses, the same entity who protects our retirement accounts don't have enough money. Are we to put it in a bank and get next to nothing for it sitting there? And we should trust the TBTF banks with our money?

What happens if and when China decides to flood the US with US dollars or quit buying T-bills (the Fed will), or other countries start trading oil in non US dollars, all of which will drive the price of everything up for us. We cannot deal with 150 dollar oil, it will send us back into a recession (never got out)or all out depression.

Yet, none of these idiots are addressing this stuff. All they care about is getting re-elected.

I'm way passed laughing at them. I'm pissed off, and I'm scared to death my money is not safe - anywhere.

jeez.... now I'm freaked out too...

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    jeez.... now I'm freaked out too...
    Go ahead and joke at it, I don't care.

You have been warned.

Go ahead and joke at it, I don't care.

You have been warned.
    I'm not....

It just hit me that my retirement is all with one company. I'm 38 and feel pretty good that this year I'll probably hit six figures with the amount I have.

Where can I got to research one particular firm to get an honest assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    I'm not....

It just hit me that my retirement is all with one company. I'm 38 and feel pretty good that this year I'll probably hit six figures with the amount I have.

Where can I got to research one particular firm to get an honest assessment?
    Google the company. If they are large enough they might have a ticker symbol. Go from there.

It really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, everything, goes through one of the 21 broker-dealers, which are the too big to fail banks and a few others. They are the market makers and clearing houses for everything market. Stock, bonds, forex (currency), futures markets, everything.

MF Global got in trouble because they were mixing customer funds with their own prop trading. That's entirely illegal, but they lost 1.2 billion (now found maybe). Nothing happened but them going in front of congress and getting their hands slapped so far.

If something happens, similar to another crash (which some think is inevitable) you will see something similar to a run on the banks. Happened last time to an extent. When that happens, as leveraged as these people are, you don't want to be the last one standing when the music stops.

I know I sound like a paranoid idiot, but I'm not the only one in this camp. I know investors who are taking their money and literally putting it in their safe at home.

pfife is offline MotownSports Fan

The real bailout wasn't $700b.

It was $7.7 Trillion.

Quote Originally Posted by pfife View Post
    The real bailout wasn't $700b.

It was $7.7 Trillion.
    Their still getting bailed out. ZIRP, FASB157, QE1 and 2, Operation Twist, and the Fed is openly buying crap boxes full of bad MBS (mortgage backed securities) from the banks. There were also programs they named Maiden Lane I,II, and II (named after a street that runs beside the Fed) that were backdoor/stealth bailouts to the banks.

That doesn't even address the problems with bad loans, robo-signing, foreclosuregate, and the other stuff they have done - yet nobody has went to jail.

The biggest heist in the history of the world (70 times larger than the S&L crisis of the 90s) and nothing happened.

In today's world, the criminals get rewarded. Who do you think will get their money first? Sure won't be us and our retirement account.

Ben Dover

shabba4detroit is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAD1 View Post
    The idea that this is somehow the use of the composite from his book makes me wonder how the campaign will use the madrasah and dog eating stories to demonstrate the amazing policies.

What I find amazing is that apparently no one has read the best-selling Dreams From My Father.

Not a lot of people read the best-selling Mein Kampf until it was too late either.
    ‎"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

William Earnest Harwell (1918-2010), from the Song of Solomon.

DetroitCity313 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shabba4detroit View Post
    What I find amazing is that apparently no one has read the best-selling Dreams From My Father.

Not a lot of people read the best-selling Mein Kampf until it was too late either.
    Please cite one thing from Dreams From My Father that should worry Americans.

Who is the Drizzle? is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    HE ATE DOG MEAT AND HAD SEX WITH MULTIPLE GIRLFRIENDS THAT HE DIDN'T TELLS ABOUT. HE IS CLEARLY UNFIT TO LEAD THIS COUNTRY.
    We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security. - DDE
    Those who take the extreme positions in American political and economic life are always wrong. - DDE

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    I guess that would mean someone would have to have read the book. So far the only person in America to do that is Jim Treacher of the Daily Caller.

What brought all of this up was that the Obama/Biden campaign website put a Julia up on its website. Almost certainly using the name was a nod to the book.

The Life of Julia — Barack Obama

Odd he didn't use the character "Frank" from the book...

Frank Marshall Davis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't get past Julia's Head Start. That's a program that seems like it should be a good thing, but the reality proven over and over again by studies to be money down the toilet.

VegasTiger is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAD1 View Post
    I guess that would mean someone would have to have read the book. So far the only person in America to do that is Jim Treacher of the Daily Caller.
    And so it should be as worrisome as Mien Kampf????
    2014 AAT: Andrew Romine
    http://www.thefab.com @thefablv

Quote Originally Posted by VegasTiger View Post
    And so it should be as worrisome as Mien Kampf????
    I didn't reducto ad hitlerum...don't put that on me.

Composite Americans - Mark Steyn - National Review Online

In Dreams from My Father, the world’s all-time most unread bestseller, he spills the inside dope on his composite white girlfriend: “When we got back to the car she started crying. She couldn’t be black, she said. She would if she could, but she couldn’t. She could only be herself, and wasn’t that enough . . . ”
    Steyn's a bomb thrower...he's amusing to my ears but I'm sure my friends on the left don't think so.

Just in case you’re having difficulty keeping up with all these Composite Americans, George Zimmerman, the son of a Peruvian mestiza, is the embodiment of endemic white racism and the reincarnation of Bull Connor, but Elizabeth Warren, the great-great-great-granddaughter of someone who might possibly have been listed as Cherokee on an application for a marriage license, is a heartwarming testimony to how minorities are shattering the glass ceiling in Harvard Yard. George Zimmerman, redneck; Elizabeth Warren, redskin. Under the Third Reich’s Nuremberg Laws, Ms. Warren would have been classified as Aryan and Mr. Zimmerman as non-Aryan. Now it’s the other way round. Progress!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast