Page 32 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 6705
    Auburndale Ray is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Mistrust or No trust of the Media is at all time high in USA...
    Especially ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, New York Times and other liberal rags...
    This appears to be a growing trend with loss of credibility for all of them...

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Broadly applicable for most politicians and other assorted crooks, con artists, blowhards, etc...

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

A new temp at work had never heard of Paul Ryan when it came up in conversation today.

**** everything.
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

belcherboy is offline MotownSports Fan

Old People against Romney. (NSFW)

ballmich is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynuts View Post
    A new temp at work had never heard of Paul Ryan when it came up in conversation today.

**** everything.
    Most people don't know how to balance a check book. That's a bigger issue.
    The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. - George Washington August 26, 1776.

Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

Mr.TaterSalad is offline MotownSports Fan

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Who knew after all these years Joe Dumars was really playing a dual role as both himself and his alter-ego Ken Holland.

Blog Entries

So...Notice the "Taxpayer Exposure" here...
    Your tax money at work under the current administration...
    Do we need 4 more years of this???
    How many millions went to the executives for bonuses and golden parachutes...
    Please spin this so that it makes sense...

Gary Johnson super-imposed into the phony debate with Romney and Obama.
    Last edited by Mr.TaterSalad; 10-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Who knew after all these years Joe Dumars was really playing a dual role as both himself and his alter-ego Ken Holland.

I feel her pain.

Blog Entries

Satirical Artwork...
    Some have deep meanings...
    So...You probably have no clue...

Dirk Diggler is offline MotownSports Fan

Not sure if this was posted. Kind of funny.........

Adopt-a-Tiger: 08' Lucas French, 09' Andrew Oliver 1-0 vs NCAA, 10' Daniel Fields

Adopt-a-Lion: 08' Dan Orlovsky, 09' Jeff Backus

sinister porpoise is offline MotownSports Fan

Here's a nice interview with a heterodox economics professor. She explains why America's debt isn't like household debt, America isn't like Greece, hyperinflation is not around the corner, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister porpoise View Post
    Here's a nice interview with a heterodox economics professor. She explains why America's debt isn't like household debt, America isn't like Greece, hyperinflation is not around the corner, and more.
    Well, she missed a major part of the equation in the first question on Money. And then she totally got the second part of it wrong when she said that Banks don't look at their balance sheet when making loans, which is patently false. That's all the time I have for her.
    The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. - George Washington August 26, 1776.

Melody is offline MotownSports Fan

Staten Island Borough President: Don’t Give Money to the Red Cross | Politicker

Staten Island residents essentially abandoned by the city, state and the Red Cross.

Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

screwball is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ballmich View Post
    Well, she missed a major part of the equation in the first question on Money. And then she totally got the second part of it wrong when she said that Banks don't look at their balance sheet when making loans, which is patently false. That's all the time I have for her.
    I read the whole thing. She comes from the same school and website as Bill Black, who I like, as long as he's talking about regulating banks and white collar crime. They are both MMT people which she is talking about here.

She is loonier than I am. And I'm pretty loony. I honestly don't understand how so-called educated people believe that stuff.
    The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it - John Kenneth Galbraith

Last edited by Mr.TaterSalad; 11-01-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Uh...Oh...
    Maybe no one will see this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TaterSalad View Post
    Let's make it simple. Uncle Benny and the Inkjets target inflation rate (core - minus food/gas) is 2%. Something that costs 1 dollar today will cost in 30 years $1.81 cents, an increase of 81 percent. Change that to 3 percent and the numbers become $2.43 and 143%. The 2 percent is not what we feel each and every day.

Transitory.
    The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it - John Kenneth Galbraith

Is Bernanke responsible if your income doesn't keep up with inflation? Why?

pfife is offline MotownSports Fan

yeah I spend $8 for a lb of beef
    "dada's moustache is so awesome" - my 2 and a half year old daughter

Is Bernanke responsible if your income doesn't keep up with inflation? Why?
    Because he knows, as do all economists, that in times of high inflation historically incomes have averaged a 3 year lag to inflation. So yes, he is responsible, because he's purposely inflating despite the fact he know it will harm people of all classes, but those of lesser means even more so.

Blog Entries

Well...The "Mainstream" Media can no longer ignore the Benghazi Coverup...
    Obama continues to duck all questions at his own peril...
    Appears to be trying to get past election day before it all hits the fan...
    CBS and ABC are now taking some action on this...
    It appears that it is all going to break wide-open before election day...

New documents reveal events leading up to Benghazi attack - CBS News

Without Electricity, New Yorkers on Food Stamps Canít Pay for Food - COLORLINES

I had an image of Homer Simpson yelling, "Stupid Technology!"

Quote Originally Posted by pfife View Post
    yeah I spend $8 for a lb of beef
    Buy anything other than Hamburger meat and I bet you do. Bought a steak or a roast lately?

Along that same vein, Decatur Utilities: Nonunion AL crews turned away from Sandy - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Non union utility crews from out of state turned away from New Jersey, evidently by the local utility. I guess New Yorkers will be glad to have the help, but this sure doesn't put the unions in a good light.

Edit: Or maybe not ...
    Huntsville, Joe Wheeler utilities deny claims of union discrimination during Sandy response (update) | al.com

Heard from my friend up on the shore today. His power is still out, the street and yard piled with sand and debris. Supposed to get really cold this weekend, but he says he's stocked with Maker's Mark and wood for the fireplace so is staying put.
    Last edited by Melody; 11-02-2012 at 12:09 PM.

shabba4detroit is offline MotownSports Fan

The only two on this list that I noticed while shopping were gasoline and rice. The price of rice has doubled at the local Kroger in the last 3 months or so. With regards to everything else, you just need to know how to shop.
    ‎"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

William Earnest Harwell (1918-2010), from the Song of Solomon.

Quote Originally Posted by ballmich View Post
    Because he knows, as do all economists, that in times of high inflation historically incomes have averaged a 3 year lag to inflation. So yes, he is responsible, because he's purposely inflating despite the fact he know it will harm people of all classes, but those of lesser means even more so.
    We are not in times of high inflation. The lag you are talking about between inflation and income would be very slight and not at all commensurate with the level of complaint from yourself and others wrt. inflation.

Do you not feel embarrassed to look at a huge collection of data which says inflation is low, and you ignore the finding and the huge collection of data in favor of a carefully selected unrepresentative sample in accord with wingnuttery?

Now post a CPI chart with all that same data in it, and much more.

Do you not feel embarrassed to look at a huge collection of data which says inflation is low, and you ignore the finding and the huge collection of data in favor of a carefully selected unrepresentative sample in accord with wingnuttery?

Now post a CPI chart with all that same data in it, and much more.
    Even better:

From the BLS - pick and choose what you want prices on.

Consumer Price Index-Average Price Data
    Select what you want and it will give you prices for the last 10 years. Tell me which one went down.

Don't forget, prices may stay the same, but the content is less (20oz instead of 24oz as an example)

I will admit we do not have "out of control" inflation right now (depends on how you define out of control I guess), but anyone who claims we are not experiencing rising prices due to inflation (at some rate) isn't seeing the numbers for what they are.

As I demonstrated above, a 2% inflation rate as targeted by Bernanke will cause higher prices (less purchasing power) over periods of time. Why would anyone be good with that? It's stealing.

On the flip side of that coin, what do you get for putting your hard earned money into a bank account and earning interest? Next to nothing, if anything (In my bank shopping recently I had to tell myself not to laugh when I asked what the interest yield on a savings/checking account).

Horrible monetary policy. Punish the savers, no capital accumulation, no investment. Bernanke is a colossal failure - unless of course you are a Wall Street bank.

FRM710 is offline MotownSports Fan

MSNBC more partisan than Fox News?

Portion of the article:

But here's one of several fascinating smaller findings of the study that are kind of stunning -- even if they seem obvious and ho-hum to some of my more jaded, postmodern, aren't-we-cleverly-ironic colleagues:

ON MSNBC, the ratio of negative to positive stories on GOP candidate Mitt Romney was 71 to 3.

That's not a news channel. That's a propaganda machine, and owner Comcast should probably change Phil Griffin's title from president to high minister of information, or something equally befitting the work of a party propaganist hack in a totalitarian regime. You wonder how mainstream news organizations allow their reporters and corrdespondents to appear in such a cauldron of bias.

I thought show host Sean Hannity of Fox News defined party propagandist. But while his channel was bad, it wasn't as bad-boy biased as MSNBC.

The ratio of negative to positive stories in Fox's coverage of President Obama was 46 to 6.

Pew Study the above numbers come from

redshark63 is offline MotownSports Fan

A state by state look at what the major items are on each state's ballots:

In the States - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com
    2014 AAT: Drew VerHagen

I love Twitter. Where else can you see the Mayor of Newark having a discussion with someone named BIG_BOOBS_CARLY.

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/statu...08917051916289

I understand ur frustration.More teams coming in 2help. Please let me know what I can do 2help in the meantime u can DM me @BIG_BOOBS_CARLY

diamondhead is offline MotownSports Fan

One of Obama's senior "advisors".

Former Hillary aide backs Romney - POLITICO.com

Former Hillary Clinton aide endorses Romney.

Blog Entries

For those of you, still alive in 2100...
    The ocean, she is alive and coming up to greet ye...
    Farewell...

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Auburndale Ray View Post
    For those of you, still alive in 2100...
    The ocean, she is alive and coming up to greet ye...
    Farewell...

Yet there are still people that deny that global warming exists.