Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    DetroitCity313 is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Obama Releases Birth Certificate

Thank you for scolding the media Obama. I know most of us are sick of the birther talk being the lead story everyday.

Obama Scolds Media For Focusing On Birthers: 'We Do Not Have Time For This Kind Of Silliness'

Who is the Drizzle? is offline MotownSports Fan

I won't believe it unless Donald Trump tells me so.
    We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security. - DDE
    Those who take the extreme positions in American political and economic life are always wrong. - DDE

Biff Mayhem is offline MotownSports Fan

This became a non-issue the minute Hillary Clinton dropped out of the race. If the Clinton smear machine couldn't produce proof that BHOII wasn't an American citizen, then BHOII is an American citizen. End of story.
    VT Twitter

2014 AAT: Shannon Hogan

Well you best believe I love you baby.....when your old man ain't around.

The sad thing is the birthers will move onto other questions about Obama now. Trump's latest effort? To prove Obama was a horrible student and there was a conspiracy to get him into the top schools in the country.

grandma g is offline MotownSports Fan

Trump should have answers for the stupid high gas prices..and work on that or BAIL US OUT of those prices.....
    [SIZE="2"]West Michigan Whitecaps:
    Midwest League Champs '07, '06, '04, '98 '96

Quote Originally Posted by grandma g View Post
    Trump should have answers for the stupid high gas prices..and work on that or BAIL US OUT of those prices.....
    His answer is to just tell the Saudis they have to lower prices. Yes, that will work.

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    The sad thing is the birthers will move onto other questions about Obama now. Trump's latest effort? To prove Obama was a horrible student and there was a conspiracy to get him into the top schools in the country.
    Well at least whatever is left of the Bush wing of the Repubs will probably not be joining the chorus on that one...
    'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

2014 AAT: Willy Adames
    2013 AAT: Javier Betancourt

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Mayhem View Post
    This became a non-issue the minute Hillary Clinton dropped out of the race. If the Clinton smear machine couldn't produce proof that BHOII wasn't an American citizen, then BHOII is an American citizen. End of story.
    Excellent point!
    'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

2014 AAT: Willy Adames
    2013 AAT: Javier Betancourt

Porcelain God is offline MotownSports Fan

I would have waited just about another year and a half to do this.

Motor City Sonics is offline MotownSports Fan

This isn't over. They'll claim its a fake now.
    World Series or Bust. Guess What? Bust........again.

eastside billee is offline MotownSports Fan

I understand why everyone is so happy. This means Guantanamo will only be open another 6 months or so.
    we only part to meet again vt BRIAN BLUHM vt

IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan

I hope the people that believe this stuff about Obama keep harping on it. It will make them look ludicrous and cast suspicion on everything else they believe in.
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

Chopper is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sonics View Post
    You would think they could of produced a fake quicker then this.
    Country strong

They might accept it but just find something else (like his school records) to discredit him. It is easier than actually talking about the issues.

Boilerfan is offline MotownSports Fan

I think this is to keep people busy and not focused on his own shady deals and other problems.
    I'll panic if my kid flunks math.- Jim Leyland

I listened to Rush while on my lunch and his theory for why Obama did this is now is because he, a pop icon, was being called out by Trump who is a fellow pop icon.

Take it for what it's worth.

The main reason I even mention this is because when I first heard him say it, I thought "what is a 'Popeye con?'".

Then after about 2 minutes I said "Shuddup Rush" and listened to music.
    VT Twitter

I listened to Rush while on my lunch and his theory for why Obama did this is now is because he, a pop icon, was being called out by Trump who is a fellow pop icon.

The main reason I even mention this is because when I first heard him say it, I thought "what is a 'Popeye con?'".

I think up until Trump's presidential run (which really appears to be more and more real) the media was not obsessed with discussing it. While it was discussed on the fringes, the media did not lead every news hour with it. However, the last couple weeks have been absurd. CNN, Fox, MSNBC...they all talk about the birther issue before anything else. I think Obama had enough...especially when leading GOP candidates seem to be mentally insane.

Greenwit is offline MotownSports Fan

Hahahah....I coulda said the same thing....I also caught some of his show at lunch in my car.

He also said that he thinks Obama decided to release the certificate because polling was now turning against him and the birther thing was gaining legs. Now Trump wants his college records....thinks he was a bad student despite the schools he got into. Trump also said that he thinks the press 'protects' Obama. He's not saying that he thinks the press is biased, is he? Crackpot!

IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan

Trump now thinks the president cheated to get into Harvard Law School and Columbia and wants to see his records from school.

Birther Orly Taitz now believes the document is real but thinks the President is using a false social security number.

Obama is being racially profiled by these people as much as any person of color is who gets stopped by police while driving all the time. He has to prove things others do not because of his color.
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post

Obama is being racially profiled by these people as much as any person of color is who gets stopped by police while driving all the time. He has to prove things others do not because of his color.
    More likely because of his name IMO.
    VT Twitter

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

That doesnt sound familiar at all, those horrible republicans, what will they do next
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    That doesnt sound familiar at all, those horrible republicans, what will they do next
    Next thing you know someone from CBS will attempt to doctor his files and present it as a legitimate story; and even claim relevance to the doctored files despite them being exposed as fakes.
    VT Twitter

Greenwit is offline MotownSports Fan

......I am shocked, shocked this sort of thing goes on in politics. Why, it's almost like a president telling the world that a Latina family can be stopped on their way to an Arizona Brahms for ice cream and told to produce ID.

screwball is offline MotownSports Fan

They already are. A fairly well known financial blogger has inspected in some graphics program and claims it has been altered.
    The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it - John Kenneth Galbraith

pfife is offline MotownSports Fan

I really wish Obama hadn't done this, now he's going to be impeached.
    "dada's moustache is so awesome" - my 2 and a half year old daughter

I hope Trump doesn't sprain his shoulder patting himself on the back over this.

He was totally hilarious responding to this.

Oblong is online now MotownSports Fan

Because I'm a geek I think about things like this: When a person becomes a serious candidate for President what paperwork does he/she have to fill out? I assume at some point they have to fill out the same forms that any other gov't employee fills out. An application? Is there an HR dept that contains a file for our President like any other employee? What exactly is the process for determining citizenship and DOB? Does the President fill out a direct deposit form? Who's signature is on the paystub? Does he have to wear or keep one of those magnetic barcoded ID badges to access doors?

I also would like to ask our living Presidents when the last time they were alone in public?

rhino is offline MotownSports Fan

This makes the most sense out of anything that I have ever read on this subject.
    "If he could have, Guillen would've tried to steal Weaver's girl, scratched Weaver's car, stolen Weaver's lunch and if he had access to a metal folding chair he probably would have tried to hit Weaver with it." -Joe Posnanski

2008 & 2009 AAT: Mike Hessman; 2010 Cory Costo; 2011 Danny Worth

shabba4detroit is offline MotownSports Fan

You mean like how Bush the Elder got Bush the Younger into Yale and Harvard Business even though he was unqualified, and he barely had a gpa higher than John Kerry.

I find it hilarious that the Obama supporters find this more insidious than the usual politicking just because Obama's name ends in a vowel.
    ‎"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

William Earnest Harwell (1918-2010), from the Song of Solomon.

Quote Originally Posted by shabba4detroit View Post
    I find it hilarious that the Obama supporters find this more insidious than the usual politicking just because Obama's name ends in a vowel.
    Has it suddently lost its insidiousness to you now since Obama's name ends in a (D)?

You mean like how Bush the Elder got Bush the Younger into Yale and Harvard Business even though he was unqualified, and he barely had a gpa higher than John Kerry.

I don't know why everything has to be a Republican vs Democrat issue. I am neither, so I am all for criticizing Obama on legit things...not stupid stupid issues like him being born in Kenya or his grades.

None of my critiques on Bush would have been about his grades. And I do not recall a leading Democratic presidential candidate talking about his grades in any way. Nor did the media obsess about his grades the way they have about Obama's birth certificate.

I've said all along that while I believed Obama was a citizen, I thought it would be fascinating to see how our Constitutional government would respond to him being foreign-born. After all, not since Martin Van Buren has there been a viable question as to whether a sitting president was ineligible to serve due to his birthplace.

That being said, I wonder why this document couldn't have been produced 2 years ago, and why there are recordings of Obama saying he wasn't born here, and Michelle saying Kenya was Barack's home country, circulating the internets, and I do speculate that the inconclusiveness was perpetuated by the Obama people for as long as possible as it made the birthers look crazy. And until someone like Trump -- someone not from the right wing fringe -- jumped on the birther bandwagon, Obama had no incentive to stop the madness.
    ‎"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

Quote Originally Posted by pfife View Post
    Has it suddently lost its insidiousness to you now since Obama's name ends in a (D)?
    Actually, it was a left handed way of saying that Barack was a minority. I wouldn't have thought that would have been lost upon someone as astute as you.

I don't know why everything has to be a Republican vs Democrat issue. I am neither, so I am all for criticizing Obama on legit things...not stupid stupid issues like him being born in Kenya or his grades.

None of my critiques on Bush would have been about his grades. And I do not recall a leading Democratic presidential candidate talking about his grades in any way. Nor did the media obsess about his grades the way they have about Obama's birth certificate.
    However, they did obsess upon the legitimacy of Bush's enlistment in the National Guard.

Sincerely,

Dan Rather

I've said all along that while I believed Obama was a citizen, I thought it would be fascinating to see how our Constitutional government would respond to him being foreign-born. After all, not since Martin Van Buren has there been a viable question as to whether a sitting president was ineligible to serve due to his birthplace.

That being said, I wonder why this document couldn't have been produced 2 years ago, and why there are recordings of Obama saying he wasn't born here, and Michelle saying Kenya was Barack's home country, circulating the internets, and I do speculate that the inconclusiveness was perpetuated by the Obama people for as long as possible as it made the birthers look crazy. And until someone like Trump -- someone not from the right wing fringe -- jumped on the birther bandwagon, Obama had no incentive to stop the madness.
    So you still have your doubts?

The recording of Obama saying he wasn't born here doesn't exist. All garbage. I don't know what sources you are using for this info, but really...it is all wrong.

However, they did obsess upon the legitimacy of Bush's enlistment in the National Guard.

Sincerely,

Dan Rather
    I think you know about how the media equally focused on Kerry's service.

I don't either. Let me play the "what if" game with you. What if it turned out that the birthers were in fact correct and he was born in Kenya ... would it still be a stupid stupid issue, or would it then be a legit thing?

Actually, it was a left handed way of saying that Barack was a minority. I wouldn't have thought that would have been lost upon someone as astute as you.
    I'm not seeing how this answers my question.

I think you know about how the media equally focused on Kerry's service.
    Which media member lost his job for perpetuating the lie that a forged document regarding Kerry's service was authentic? Oh, yeah, that's right.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast