Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    shabba4detroit is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pfife View Post
    missed the point

per usual

we already know that you're the one who thinks dead kids are the price of red-blooded tough guys such as yourself being allowed to wield falluses, which is obviously the most important thing.
    He doesn't care whether
    He's wearin' lace or leather
    Trollin' 'cause he doesn't have a life.
    He never makes a good point,
    He just stinks up the joint,
    Trollin and his name is Pfife.

Troll 'em on, troll 'em up
    Troll 'em up, troll 'em on
    P-fife.

Now it can be stuck in your head too.
    ‎"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

William Earnest Harwell (1918-2010), from the Song of Solomon.

pfife is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shabba4detroit View Post
    He doesn't care whether
    He's wearin' lace or leather
    Trollin' 'cause he doesn't have a life.
    He never makes a good point,
    He just stinks up the joint,
    Trollin and his name is Pfife.

Troll 'em up, troll 'em on
    P-fife.

Now it can be stuck in your head too.
    Says the guy that's been released multiple times to the guy that never has. Per usual, facts are a ***** to your posts.
    "dada's moustache is so awesome" - my 2 and a half year old daughter

Kacie is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shabba4detroit View Post
    How many of those deaths are deaths caused by a legally registered handgun in the hand of its owner? How many are caused by illegally owned handguns -- how many are caused during the commission of another crime?
    32 at Virginia Tech to start with

jackson_cannery is offline MotownSports Fan

I said I was done with this thread, but this needs to be mentioned.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty said Thursday that based on the facts of the case, his office intends to seek charges not only for the sexual assaults endured by the victims, but also "each act of aggravated murder he committed by terminating pregnancies."
    Cleveland man could face aggravated murder charges for allegedly terminating pregnancies | Fox News

Obviously this lunatic violated the women he forced the abortions on (hence the assault charges), but in terms of the effect on the baby, what is the difference between what he did and a woman "choosing" to do the same thing? Why is he being charged with murder?

Well, he's just being charged with it, whether it sticks is the real question I think, and it could be a long time before that's truly decided.

Verdict coming....

ROMAD1 is online now MotownSports Fan

Guilty on at least some of the 227 counts. Its hard to read this stuff. He's guilty of Nazi death camp stuff...horrible.
    'Whatever happens, we have got
    The Maxim Gun, and they have not.

Who’s worthy of more coverage: Akin or Gosnell?

If every pro-life candidate in the country was forced to respond repeatedly to Akin’s comments, perhaps we could spare just a question or two for a few pro-choice leaders? Maybe just the ones who oppose all or almost all limits on abortion, those on the extreme, outside-the-mainstream pro-choice side of things?

Death penalty in Cleveland horrors? Wait, who died?

Now, from the perspective of the journalists defending a consistent use of the term “fetus,” even when the term is inaccurate (see Gosnell coverage), here is the hard-news question of the moment. If the prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for Castro in this case, who did he kill? What human persons with full dignity and legal rights, under this nation’s current legal regime, died during these alleged crimes?

What are you thinking pro-choice candidates should be asked?

To clarify their position on late-term. At which exact point of a pregnancy they stop being okay with abortion. To say whether or not a baby born alive during a botched abortion deserves protection under the law (which Obama voted against, by the way). Etc.

"Which questions" isn't really the point, though. The point is to consider what makes the media repeatedly ask forceful questions to people regarding their position on abortion. Why were Akin's idiotic comments such a big deal, and Gosnell gets virtually ignored by comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by jackson_cannery View Post
    "Which questions" isn't really the point, though. The point is to consider what makes the media repeatedly ask forceful questions to people regarding their position on abortion. Why were Akin's idiotic comments such a big deal, and Gosnell gets virtually ignored by comparison?
    It's because Akin was running for office, and Gosnell was not.

To clarify their position on late-term. At which exact point of a pregnancy they stop being okay with abortion. To say whether or not a baby born alive during a botched abortion deserves protection under the law (which Obama voted against, by the way). Etc.
    I think those are reasonable questions.

Quote Originally Posted by pfife View Post
    It's because Akin was running for office, and Gosnell was not.
    Sure, and Akin was rightly criticized by people from across the political spectrum for his stupidity. BUT, you could make the same comparison with the media's coverage of the Komen/Planned Parenthood situation. That had nothing to do with a campaign-- why did that abortion-related event get so much more coverage than Gosnell?

Sure, and Akin was rightly criticized by people from across the political spectrum for his stupidity. BUT, you could make the same comparison with the media's coverage of the Komen/Planned Parenthood situation. That had nothing to do with a campaign-- why did that abortion-related event get so much more coverage than Gosnell?
    Because Komen is a multi-million dollar charitable organization with extremely high name recognition and extremely high profile campaigns, not limited to pink bats in MLB and a month of pink uniform accessories in the NFL, as well as pink Hungry Howies boxes.

Ok. My main point is that the trial of a serial murderer who killed infants seconds after they were born in botched abortions should generate at least as much publicity in the media as absolutely any other abortion-related incident.

cdob1383 is offline MotownSports Fan

I think a lot of Americans don't realize the abortion laws in their state. I certainly didn't. I always thought Roe v. Wade permitted elective abortion in the 1st trimester; it's actually permitted up until viability, which is up to each individual state to determine. In my state of Florida (and may other states), elective abortion is allowed up until 24 weeks. After that, the health or life of the mother is necessary. Of course, "health" is overly broad and can mean anything. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure the District of Columbia has no restrictions. I find abortion morally reprehensible at any stage, but I think most (if not all) Americans can agree that late-term abortions for mere convenience are indefensible and unconscionable. Google what a 23-week premature infant looks like. That's a baby, folks, yet killing one is perfectly legal for any reason in many states. One of the youngest surviving infants is Miami's Amillia Taylor, who was born at 21 weeks, 6 days.

And how does killing a baby born alive in a botched abortion 1st-degree murder, but that same-age baby being killed inside the womb "choice"? All we're talking about here is location. It's almost as if some believe a fetus is a cluster of insignificant cells until it hits air, at which time it turns into a baby.

If you think the Gosnell case is an anomaly, think again. A Houston doctor named Douglas Karpen is being accused by four former employees of similar atrocities, including killing babies born alive by twisting their heads off their necks.
    Last edited by cdob1383; 05-20-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdob1383 View Post

If you think the Gosnell case is an anomaly, think again. A Houston doctor named Douglas Karpen is being accused by four former employees of similar atrocities, including killing babies born alive by twisting their heads off their necks.
    Hopefully he goes to prison for a long time if this is true

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

Ok. My main point is that the trial of a serial murderer who killed infants seconds after they were born in botched abortions should generate at least as much publicity in the media as absolutely any other abortion-related incident.
    It's been my opinion for a long time that the pro-choice faction does not like any visuals or narratives that provoke an emotional reaction contrary to those they seek to inspire with "war on women" type rhetoric. In a million years I would not have guessed that there could be a clinic where babies spinal columns were routinely snipped. To think there may be more of these in our country is just unbelievable to me and proof of things I wish I never knew.

ben9753 is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    It's been my opinion for a long time that the pro-choice faction does not like any visuals or narratives that provoke an emotional reaction contrary to those they seek to inspire with "war on women" type rhetoric. In a million years I would not have guessed that there could be a clinic where babies spinal columns were routinely snipped. To think there may be more of these in our country is just unbelievable to me and proof of things I wish I never knew.
    And yet, if you didn't look for it, you never would know.

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ben9753 View Post
    And yet, if you didn't look for it, you never would know.
    Yes, you're right. And that too is astounding to me. I guess I am beyond naive as I would have guessed that there would have been an outrage that would have demanded as much attention as that woman in Arizona who killed her boyfriend.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678