Melody is online now MotownSports Fan

Default Coates Testimony re DOJ

Pajamas Media Full Text of Christopher Coates’ Testimony to U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (PJM Exclusive)

This is a link to a full transcript. There are some really serious allegations there.

Curiously, if you look at google news you'll find over 900 articles on that clown Colbert's "testimony" that amounted to buffoonery, and 45 articles on Coates appearance, most of which were Fox affiliates and various blogs.

Weird? Nah. Pretty much expected.

Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

what a conicidence!

sinister porpoise is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Curiously, if you look at google news you'll find over 900 articles on that clown Colbert's "testimony" that amounted to buffoonery, and 45 articles on Coates appearance, most of which were Fox affiliates and various blogs.

Weird? Nah. Pretty much expected.
    Google News shows that

AP, WaPo, LA Times, Politico, NPR, CNN, WSJ, Media Matters, Fox News, TPM, Examiner.com, Christian Science Monitor among others are covering the story.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister porpoise View Post
    Google News shows that

AP, WaPo, LA Times, Politico, NPR, CNN, WSJ, Media Matters, Fox News, TPM, Examiner.com, Christian Science Monitor among others are covering the story.
    When I checked google news right before I posted, there 45 articles mostly Fox affiliates and blogs.

As of right now, 1321 Colbert articles. 201 Coates articles, still mostly blog postings. And with the inability to defend what is clearly indefensible or refute the information, the Media Matters coverage amounts to a blog posting about Bush era hypocrisy. LOL

Not that the Colbert dog and pony show puts the Democrats in a good light, considering that he was speaking on their invitation.

SweetLou is offline MotownSports Fan

Not that the Colbert dog and pony show puts the Democrats in a good light, considering that he was speaking on their invitation.
    Probably about as good of a light as when Republicans had Elmo testify before Congress.
    Who is the face in the mirror? She looks at me with empty eyes. The rosy cheeks that gave her warmth, the spirit that charged her soul are gone. She seems consumed by life. The ashen face so lost. A tear runs down her cheek. I lift my hand and wipe her tears away. TUG- Patt

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou View Post
    Probably about as good of a light as when Republicans had Elmo testify before Congress.
    So what was your opinion of that? Were you critical or approving?

SweetLou is offline MotownSports Fan

So what was your opinion of that? Were you critical or approving?

I'm critical of both sides if taxpayers money is being spent on Congress' entertainment. If what they are testifying on is relevant to the issues I don't see it as that big of a deal.
    Who is the face in the mirror? She looks at me with empty eyes. The rosy cheeks that gave her warmth, the spirit that charged her soul are gone. She seems consumed by life. The ashen face so lost. A tear runs down her cheek. I lift my hand and wipe her tears away. TUG- Patt

sinister porpoise is offline MotownSports Fan

And with the inability to defend what is clearly indefensible or refute the information, the Media Matters coverage amounts to a blog posting about Bush era hypocrisy. LOL
    I didn't look at it too closely but I thought the point was, it's not unusual for a higher-up to decline to follow-through on the recommendation of a lower attorney in the hierarchy. This guy Coates says his recommendation of pursuing the lawsuit was declined because of racial implications clouding the judgment of the Obama administration DOJ but his recommendation being ignored wasn't without precedent in the Bush DOJ. The workplace superior that ignored his recommendation in pursuing a similar case in 2005 was later castigated for politicizing the DOJ in favor of conservatives, so its not a liberal thing.

From what I have read Coates underwent a political transformation after he was passed over for a promotion to a minority candidate, from liberal to conservative. And now he is making claims that amount to a "he said, she said" situation.

Conservatives' "wild notion" to "topple" the Obama admin. resumes at Civil Rights Commission | Media Matters for America
    Abigail Thernstrom, the Republican vice chairwoman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, has said that the commission's hearings into the Justice Department were part of the "fantasies" conservatives on the commission had to "topple" the Obama administration and their "wild notion they could bring Eric Holder down and really damage the president."
    He could be correct in what he is claiming but there is no particular reason to think he is the party telling the truth. This will go nowhere and seems like a distraction.

But like I suggested a few times already, I didn't read through his entire testimony.

ROMAD1 is online now MotownSports Fan

Coates is merely confirming what most people already know about Eric Holder.