JohnJMS is offline Released

Default I think we've seen the last of Fanchon Stinger

Did anyone catch Scott Lewis' story on Stinger last night? He tore her to pieces. I don't know how she could (or would want) to return to FOX2 after that. My favorite part was when he listed Stinger's cars, including a $350,000 Rolls Royce, a Lexus, and has also owned a 2006 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. This on a morning anchor's salary? I don't think so.

Check out THE PROBLEMS SOLVERS INVESTIGATE ONE OF THEIR OWN.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Personally, I'll miss her. She brightened the mornings.

DETROIT -- Fanchon Stinger, a recently suspended anchorwoman for Fox 2 Detroit, was paid by Synagro Technologies Inc. in connection with a multimillion-dollar city sludge contract that is under investigation by the FBI, a Synagro spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday.

Last September, less than two months before the Synagro deal was approved in a 5-4 vote by the Detroit City Council, Stinger formed the media consulting and public speaking company Stinger Strategies LLC, records show.

Synagro paid Stinger Strategies an undisclosed sum to place media advertisements in connection with the city sludge contract, Synagro spokeswoman Darci McConnell of McConnell Communications said Wednesday.

Synagro hired Stinger at the recommendation of Rayford W. Jackson, a Detroit businessman who was Synagro's local partner in the deal and who is under FBI investigation, one person familiar with the transaction said.

A second person familiar with the deal, also speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed Jackson's involvement but said it was James Rosendall, Synagro's former Michigan vice president, who urged Stinger's hiring.

Stinger, who before her suspension co-anchored the Fox 2 morning show, has not returned messages left on her cell phone. Her agent, attorney Henry Baskin of Birmingham, did not return a phone call and an e-mail message Wednesday.

Stinger, 37, of Southfield has frequently been seen in public with Jackson and they were together at a public meeting held in southwest Detroit about the Synagro contract.

Fox 2 placed Stinger on paid administrative leave June 30 after questions were raised about her connections with Jackson, a Fox Television Stations spokeswoman said.

The station is conducting an internal investigation, the spokeswoman said Wednesday after she was told Synagro confirmed a financial relationship with Stinger.

Jeff Murri, the station's general manager, did not return calls.

Stinger and Jackson were named as co-defendants in a 2007 lawsuit over a property deal filed in Wayne Circuit Court. The suit was later dismissed.

The FBI is conducting a wide-ranging investigation of possible bribes paid to City Council members, council aides and city officials in connection with the Synagro contract, under which the city is to pay the Houston-based company close to $47 million a year to haul and treat its sewage sludge.

Synagro on June 30 suspended without pay Rosendall, who lobbied Detroit City Council members. Synagro, which says it is not a target of the investigation and is cooperating with the FBI, also suspended its contractual payments to Jackson.

Stinger, though not considered a target, is part of the FBI investigation in connection with her dealings with Jackson and questions about whether he had placed assets in her name, two people familiar with the investigation said.

It's unclear exactly why Jackson is under investigation. Richard H. Morgan Jr., Jackson's Pontiac attorney, has denied that his client did anything wrong.

John Clark, a former chief of staff to Detroit City Council President Kenneth Cockrel, resigned after FBI agents showed Cockrel a videotape of an FBI sting operation in which Clark allegedly received a payment from Rosendall, who was cooperating with the FBI, people familiar with the case said.

Cockrel said he is not a target of the investigation.

Investigators also have electronic surveillance evidence that allegedly links City Council President Pro Tem Monica Conyers with receiving a payment or payments in connection with the contract, sources said. Conyers' attorney, Steve Fishman, said such allegations against Conyers, who has not been contacted by the FBI, should be viewed with skepticism.

Stinger has had several luxury cars registered in her name.

She is the registered owner of a 2007 Rolls Royce and is also registered as leasing a 2008 Lexus LS 460, according to Michigan Secretary of State records.

Other public records show Stinger has had a 2006 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, a 2005 BMW 7-Series and a 2002 Jaguar S Type registered in her name in the past.

A new Rolls Royce retails for more than $300,000 without extras and the 2006 Ferrari for more than $250,000.

Stinger, who joined Fox 2 as an investigative reporter in 1997 and became an anchor in 2004, was paid about $325,000 a year by Fox 2 Detroit in 2005, according to divorce records.

When they were married, she and her former husband, Anthony Camilleri, co-owned one Royal Oak restaurant, Bastone, and were part owners of two others, Café Habana and Cinq, according to a 2005 profile in The Detroit News. Camilleri could not be reached.
    http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ETRO/807100379

DetroitFolly is offline MotownSports Fan

What's the old saying? Lie down with dogs...

This story is getting nastier by the second.
    VT

Motor City Sonics is offline MotownSports Fan

Oh, we haven't seen the last of Fanchon Stinger, maybe as a TV reporter in this town, but this scandal is actually probably bigger than the text message scandal and a lot more seems to be at stake. Is she going to take deal to save herself, or is she gonna cling to that Titanic.

All I know is that, being a Democrat, I think the city of Detroit is a disgrace and if Jennifer Granholm doesn't step in soon and basically relieve the mayor and city council of their power, than she is a disgrace too.

This is what Ed McNamara has left us folks.......he died a multi-millionaire.

By the way, Fanchon just couldn't be happy being a lead anchor in a major market making over 300 grand. How much is enough? And is it worth it to hurt so many people for your own gain? I would like to make more money than I do....but I do love my job and I don't have to step on anyone to do it.

Fanchon may avoid jail, but there are going to be a boatload of civil suits coming on this......I don't think she's going to be driving a Rolls Royce anymore. Hope she enjoyed the good life while she lived it. I thought she was a good reporter/anchor, but I also think Denny McLain was a good pitcher. Can't trust either one of them ever - no matter how sorry they say they are.
    World Series or Bust. Guess What? Bust........again.

eastside billee is offline MotownSports Fan

I feel bad for her....I liked her as an anchor. She's beautiful, intelligent, well spoken and a dang good broadcaster. So very sad. How could she possibly be involved with this pack of losers? It's just terrible.
    we only part to meet again vt BRIAN BLUHM vt

WMUDan is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eastside billee View Post
    I feel bad for her....I liked her as an anchor. She's beautiful, intelligent, well spoken and a dang good broadcaster. So very sad. How could she possibly be involved with this pack of losers? It's just terrible.
    She also a fine liar and propagandist.

Fox 2 Federal Reserve propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by eastside billee View Post
    How could she possibly be involved with this pack of losers? It's just terrible.
    One word:

GREED

mtutiger is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sonics View Post
    All I know is that, being a Democrat, I think the city of Detroit is a disgrace and if Jennifer Granholm doesn't step in soon and basically relieve the mayor and city council of their power, than she is a disgrace too.
    I agree with this assessment. While I honestly believe that Ken Cockrel and Kwame Kenyatta would love to press forward on removing the Mayor from office, the City Council obviously has no leg to stand on with this new information that has surfaced, and has lost it's political power on this matter. Of course, they seem pretty incompetent anyway, but that's another matter.

I simply don't think Granholm can wait for Kym Worthy to prevail (God willing) in her case against Kwame either, since I highly doubt that Wayne County is going to get a fair trial in this matter. They're taking on an extremely powerful politician who still has strong allies within the city who will stop at nothing to have Kwame's power sustained.

Jennifer Granholm has the power. It wouldn't be popular with the citizens of Detroit, and really could ruffle a few feathers. But the Mayor violated the City Charter, not to mention is being prosecuted on numerous felony counts. She needs to act, and soon.
    "If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once convinced a woman that I was Kevin Costner and it worked... because I believed it!" - Saul Goodman
    2014 AAT: Dan Dickerson

Motor City Sonics is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mtutiger View Post
    I agree with this assessment. While I honestly believe that Ken Cockrel and Kwame Kenyatta would love to press forward on removing the Mayor from office, the City Council obviously has no leg to stand on with this new information that has surfaced, and has lost it's political power on this matter. Of course, they seem pretty incompetent anyway, but that's another matter.

I simply don't think Granholm can wait for Kym Worthy to prevail (God willing) in her case against Kwame either, since I highly doubt that Wayne County is going to get a fair trial in this matter. They're taking on an extremely powerful politician who still has strong allies within the city who will stop at nothing to have Kwame's power sustained.

Jennifer Granholm has the power. It wouldn't be popular with the citizens of Detroit, and really could ruffle a few feathers. But the Mayor violated the City Charter, not to mention is being prosecuted on numerous felony counts. She needs to act, and soon.

Jen's part of the same machine as Kwame, she has to rise above that. She's not running for another term as Governor and she is not runnnig for office in Detroit. She needs to step up here.
    World Series or Bust. Guess What? Bust........again.

eastside billee is offline MotownSports Fan

That's why she has nothing to gain by stepping up.
    If Obama gets elected, she'll be working for him in Washington. She doesn't want to ruffle any feathers or get involved in anything that would shine a negative light on her. SHe's done virtually nothing in office and will continue to stay with that until the end. I'm still waiting to blown away.
    we only part to meet again vt BRIAN BLUHM vt

zimm is offline MotownSports Fan

well, she's been fired by Fox2

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS01/80710087

Fanchon Stinger is no longer employed as co-morning news anchor of Fox-owned WJBK-TV (Channel 2) in the aftermath of her involvement with the Synagro sludge plant scandal.
    Advertisement

A spokeswoman for the New York-based media conglomerate said Thursday night. “Fanchon Stinger is no longer employed by Fox’s WJBK-TV in Detroit.” She would not say Stinger was fired, and she declined to answer if the former anchor resigned her $320,000 a year post. Stinger had been suspended with pay since her involvement with the scandal broke.

No other details were announced; local station officials had been mute about the Stinger affair, deferring to corporate offices to handle all pronouncements.

Stinger’s Birmingham-based attorney Henry Baskin did not immediately respond to inquiries Thursday evening. Earlier in the day he said he spoke with AFTRA union officials about Stinger but had indicated he’d likely decline comment if such a Fox pronouncement about her separation was forthcoming.

It was expected the station would announce the move on its high-rated 10 p.m. newscast Thursday.
    Evil

Originally Posted by CASPER WELLS:
    Don't make me come out to Ferndale and whip your ***, boy.

baseballbruce30 is offline MotownSports Fan

Wink

Bring back ...

Lucy Noland
    "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there will be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman

ewsieg is offline MotownSports Fan

Ethically I think I know what she did was wrong...but seriously, she's getting fired yet all of the other players in this fiasco are going on with business?

She apparently didn't use her position as an anchor to influence public opinion so i'm willing to give her a break even though she only cared about money when it came down to it.
    VT

DetroitFolly is offline MotownSports Fan

Yes, she got fired. In the private sector, this happens.

She shouldn't be surprised, or upset. As a news person, she has no business taking on PR jobs. Wait until after you are out of the chair to do that kind of crap.

I know it happens a lot, but it pisses me off.
    VT

Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by baseballbruce30 View Post
    Bring back ...

Lucy Noland
    I saw her at a hockey game... wow. Just wow. It may have been the hottest thing I've ever seen in a public setting. Nobody in Hollywood could touch her in hottness on that night.

shabba4detroit is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    I saw her at a hockey game... wow. Just wow. It may have been the hottest thing I've ever seen in a public setting. Nobody in Hollywood could touch her in hottness on that night.
    When she was here, she was an eastsider. She shopped at the Costco in Roseville. She's half-Vietnamese. And HOT doesn't even begin to describe her. She was the Queen of Smokin' Hot Land.
    ‎"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

William Earnest Harwell (1918-2010), from the Song of Solomon.

redshark63 is offline MotownSports Fan

She is one of the anchors on Channel 11 (CBS) in Houston:

http://www.khou.com/community/storie....104e987d.html
    2014 AAT: Drew VerHagen

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shabba4detroit View Post
    When she was here, she was an eastsider. She shopped at the Costco in Roseville. She's half-Vietnamese. And HOT doesn't even begin to describe her. She was the Queen of Smokin' Hot Land.
    Lucy was often on the old Drew & Mike show and lil' Mike would have a slobber fest when he talked to her ... Rob, I would often see Lucy at Wings games and you are so right, what a smokin' hot woman when she did it up for a night out ...
    "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there will be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman

Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

Man has yet to evolve to the point where we can accurately describe how hot she is. Give it another 10,000 years or so and we'll be there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    Man has yet to evolve to the point where we can accurately describe how hot she is. Give it another 10,000 years or so and we'll be there.
    +1