Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

Default Game #6: Bulls Vs Pistons - 1/4/12

7:30 on FSD and League Pass (Free Preview until 1/8/12)

18 games still left in January.

Rip dressed but did not play last night. Rose played over 40 minutes. Could be some tired legs.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

At this point, I am not too concerned with winning or losing, as long as we see the same effort as the last two games, I am happy.

Also, I can't say enough how refreshing it is to have a coach who will sit players for not playing hard defense. Frank is going to be liked in this town if Joe ever gets some talent.

Now that CFB is over, its just me and you NBA.

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    At this point, I am not too concerned with winning or losing, as long as we see the same effort as the last two games, I am happy.
    A win is always great, but I agree. I was pretty happy at halftime the other day and the Pistons were still trailing and didn't play the defense in that half that they did in the second half. I know this team has issues. I get that. But it doesn't mean the players can't put forth and effort, play like professionals and try to make the team as solid as possible. I didn't see that in game #1. I did the other night.

However, it's easy to show these things early when you've only played 5, 10 or even 20 games. It's when you get mired in a six-game losing streak while on the road for most of those games that will test a team in terms of effort. I recall people mentioning just seeing the effort at the start of the season is refreshing before and then we see it all go to pot in a few week's time.

I don't see this team playing .500 ball. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise. A lot of times I think the difference between the teams that play .380 to about .500 ball probably can be attributed to just flat out effort and playing with a professional mindset night in and night out. Maybe the Pistons can test out that theory this year. But I figure there will be a time this team is 10-18, maybe better or worse, and we'll have to see if they still have desire. And, as you said, it's not always about winning. Show that you care. No one thinks this is that great of a team, so if they just go out and show that type of effort night in and night out (for the most part), I think I'll be happy.

For example, I was ashamed of the 2002 Tigers much more than the 2003 Tigers. You could tell the 2002 team just didn't care and lacked any professional desire. As bad as that 2003 team may have been, it seemed like they cared. They didn't have talent. Maybe they didn't even know how to truly be an MLB team from the day-to-day standpoint mentally, but it seemed like they tried to be better and worked hard. I appreciated the 2003 Tigers much more than I ever did the 2002 Tigers despite the records.

So, more than anything I want to see that effort and that desire to make this team the best team it can be, even if that just means a .333 winning percentage. If it translates to that and the team does what it can, then it's hard to blame the players for being what they are (although I'm sure I'll do it occasionally). All you can do is blame the guy that put the team together.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Prince, Stuckey, Jerebko, and Monroe are the Pistons on the all star ballot.

azzurri is offline MotownSports Fan

Call me crazy, but I see the Pistons as only slightly less well-rounded than the Denver Nuggets team that everyone loves. I can easily see the Pistons going .500 this season (33-33)...especially with the accelerated schedule which benefits rosters with interchangeable players.

Quote Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
    Call me crazy, but I see the Pistons as only slightly less well-rounded than the Denver Nuggets team that everyone loves. I can easily see the Pistons going .500 this season (33-33)...especially with the accelerated schedule which benefits rosters with interchangeable players.
    I liked Denver a lot more when Wilson Chandler was there. But I still think you point is valid. .500 is probably a bit much. I think 25-30 wins is about right.

Nothing official yet. But people have said Rip is warming up.

OK, Rip will start.

Blog Entries

Im happy Blaha is back.

I like the dude.

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

Rip just doesn't look right in a Bulls jersey
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Couldn't throw it in the ocean in the first half. Got picked apart by the Bulls.

Bulls halftime guys making fun of Pistons, Stuckey in particular. Can't say that I blame them on Stuckey.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Remember that night Stuckey dropped 40 on the Bulls? Then everyone said he was better than Rose. Wonder where those people are now.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

How many people are actually at the Palace tonight? 3,000?
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

And there's Rip, showing he is still effective in something that resembles a coherent offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    And there's Rip, showing he is still effective in something that resembles a coherent offense.
    That might be the first time this year he has shown that.

OK, the music being played during play has to stop. In a timeout fine. Waiting to lineup for FT's fine. Knock it off while the game is going on.

Blog Entries

I think the defense wasn't even that bad tonight.

DaBishop is online now MotownSports Fan

Monroe leading the team in points, rebounds....and assists? good god, that's just not right
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

here's an interesting stat...Kyle Korver is +12 in just 9 minutes...is that possible?

I will never understand how Prince never got any better throughout his entire career. Still the same guy he was in his rookie season.

Gores should look into these.

Italian Soccer Team Employs Fake Fans - WSJ.com

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Im happy Blaha is back.

I like the dude.
    I could do without him.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Remember that night Stuckey dropped 40 on the Bulls? Then everyone said he was better than Rose. Wonder where those people are now.
    I was at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    When they did the interview with Stafford, you got a view of some of those empty stands really well.
    Should've interviewed Stafford's guest instead of Stafford.

OK, the music being played during play has to stop. In a timeout fine. Waiting to lineup for FT's fine. Knock it off while the game is going on.
    I don't like it either. I remember about 15 years back (?) they'd play stuff from people like Billy Joel and you'd wonder what the heck is that about.

Some places make the seats different colors to create the illusion there are more people there than there really are. It doesn't work well unless there's a reasonable spattering of fans in the first place.

Euphdude is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    I could do without him.
    Blaha hypes the Pistons too much, and it seems to have gotten more pronounced throughout the years. He's probably been told by management to make the on-the-court product sound better than what it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphdude View Post
    Blaha hypes the Pistons too much, and it seems to have gotten more pronounced throughout the years. He's probably been told by management to make the on-the-court product sound better than what it really is.
    And as the Pistons have gotten worse, he has sucked Kelser into this a bit more than he ever was prone to it in the past. Kelser isn't Blaha, but he wasn't one to have Blaha tendencies at one time and that might have something to do with it. He doesn't want to just say, "Well, no I don't agree" so he follows suit at times. That's even more bothersome.

The game without Blaha the other day was very enjoyable.

juiceman is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    According to the box score, there were 9125 in attendance. They have not drawn more than 10,000 since Opening Night.
    VT

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

That might be the first time this year he has shown that.
    Not really based on the other games I've watched. He may have been a little less tentative but I would expect that as he gets settled in with a new team. He's a good fit with the Bulls. I think you unfairly judge his game because of the offenses that were run and the lack of consistent scoring options the Pistons had (in the good days).

He's moved on and so should my defense of him. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Not really based on the other games I've watched. He may have been a little less tentative but I would expect that as he gets settled in with a new team. He's a good fit with the Bulls. I think you unfairly judge his game because of the offenses that were run and the lack of consistent scoring options the Pistons had (in the good days).

He's moved on and so should my defense of him. :)
    I watched a few and he was pretty bad. His numbers back that up, although its just 5 games.

He was the best available SG and Chicago did good to get him. But he isn't a good fit there. They needed a spot up shooter to go with Rose. In the end it probably doesn't matter, they weren't beating Miami anyway.

Rip looked pretty darn good. He was efficient and made a few nice passes.

Mr. Bigglesworth is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    According to the box score, there were 9125 in attendance. They have not drawn more than 10,000 since Opening Night.
    Ouch.

Euphdude is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

There were 9,125 tickets sold. There couldn't had been more than 5,000 people there.

lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

L
    O
    L

We have had 2 or 3 crowds bigger than that for an American Hockey League game....in SAN ANTONIO!
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphdude View Post
    There were 9,125 tickets sold. There couldn't had been more than 5,000 people there.
    The upper bowl looked pretty empty, as did the lower bowl. There's no way there were 9,000 people in that building. Sold tickets? Probably. But no way were there 9,000 fans from what we could see.