Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

Default Game #2: Cavs Vs Pistons - 12/28/11

7:30 @ The Palace
    FSD and League Pass which has a free preview till 1/8/12.
    VT

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

Crossing my fingers we see something better. We should/ This is just the Cavs. I won't be around for about a week, so I won't be in the game threads.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

T&P_Fan is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

So much Cleveland and Indiana early on, lets seem someone else.

I do expect the Pistons to win tonight. I think Gordon is going to find a rhythm.

Gordon had a rhythm going in game #1. It was a turnover rhythm.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

I would have much rather dumped Gordon than Rip. Rip at least can be a consistent scorer still and isn't a turnover and defensive liability. He obviously isn't the same guy during the glory years but still a productive player. Gordon should not start and should not be playing more than Knight.
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

alwaysthrowheat is offline MotownSports Fan

I'd rather watch IU/MSU than this crap tonight. Ugh.

Oh ****. Chrysler must have sponsored the Pistons introductions.
    VT

tigerbomb13 is offline MotownSports Fan

This team is painful to watch in the early going.
    2014 Adopt-A-Tiger: Robbie Ray

Shelton is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysthrowheat View Post
    I'd rather watch IU/MSU than this crap tonight. Ugh.
    I don't understand. Who wouldn't prefer to watch IU/MSU, regardless of the crap level of the pistons (which is clearly sub-garbage at this time)?
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

Varejao is just destroying them on the boards.

I literally just nodded off and dropped the remote on the floor.

Chopper is offline MotownSports Fan

Watch a little of the third quarter. Knight looked good. I think the Pistons might have a point guard.
    Country strong

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

knight has looked good. Ben Gordon has got to be the most overpaid player in the NBA. He's terrible. and this is probably his best statistical game in a long time.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

But this is just what the Pistons need. They need to bottom out and be terrible for a couple years and get a couple top 3 picks.

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    But this is just what the Pistons need. They need to bottom out and be terrible for a couple years and get a couple top 3 picks.
    True. Even knowing this does not make it any easier to watch them lose to a bad team to the Cavs at home but it is what they need.

The Pistons are desperate for some post defense. Wallace may be a shell of his former self but he still looks a lot better than our other post defenders in rebounding and post defense.

C'monnnnnn Lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    True. Even knowing this does not make it any easier to watch them lose to a bad team to the Cavs at home but it is what they need.

The Pistons are desperate for some post defense. Wallace may be a shell of his former self but he still looks a lot better than our other post defenders in rebounding and post defense.
    No no no, seven footers are only valuable if they can shoot threes. Just ask Joe D.

Getting blown out by 20 at home to Cleveland? Wow.

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

Going to be a long season. Knight looks like a great piece to build around but after that it doesn't look too good.
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

Knight was a bright spot. That's it.

Lou Ferigno is offline MotownSports Fan

Knight looks like he may be a great piece. Moose, I think, will be a solid 4/5 starter for a good team (not an AS type player). That's 2 players who may develop into good starting players......and nothing else on this roster other than a 3rd guard in Stuckey.

As others have said, bottom this thing out and get a couple of Top 5 picks. Just what this franchise needs.

Truth is online now MotownSports Fan

Glad to see Knight have a good game. The sooner he replaces Stuckey in the starting lineup the better.

Just getting in my motel room in Florence,KY and am watching the Fox Sports Ohio postgame show. Strange seeing Fred McLeod again.

Looks like bad news. Sounds like Cleveland's bench had a big game.

Will have to see if there is a replay later tonight.

Chopper is offline MotownSports Fan

Yes we are going to experience the teal years all over but most franchise have ups and downs. It will be a few long seasons but what else can this team do. I doubt free agents of high caliber come here any time soon unless Gores puts crazy money out there.
    Country strong

DetroitCity313 is offline MotownSports Fan

I think we will lose the next 9 games. The next one we have a chance of winning is against the Bobcats. And I am not even sure of that considering they just played a great game against Miami. How does an 0-11 start sound? I think we are possibly the worst team in the NBA. What makes it worse is that we probably have the least young talent among the bottom dwellers. All we have is Knight and Monroe. I would trade rosters with any team in the NBA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Yes we are going to experience the teal years all over but most franchise have ups and downs. It will be a few long seasons but what else can this team do. I doubt free agents of high caliber come here any time soon unless Gores puts crazy money out there.
    I would agree except that unlike other teams that get old and fade, Dumars actually did this by his design.

Betrayer is offline MotownSports Fan

Knight looked solid. I like this kid a lot. He hustles up and down the court on both ends. He huddles them up and tries to lead. I'm excited to see him play more and sad that S(t)uckey is here to breath down his neck.

Also, I want to comment that this game had the most entertainment value I've ever seen at a Pistons game and I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years. Seriously, even the championship years didn't have this. Gores really laid down the cash for the entertainment (half time, timeouts, etc). I know they don't show most of that stuff on TV, so I wanted to pass it along. I understand that the team is really bad, but I like the early indication that he's looking to make the Palace an exciting night of entertainment and spend the money to make that happen.

Now, we'll just have to see how long it takes before he realizes that Joe is a problem and "fix the glitch".
    Matt Millen never left Detroit - he just started wearing a very convincing Joe Dumars costume.

New_Age_X is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    I think we will lose the next 9 games. The next one we have a chance of winning is against the Bobcats. And I am not even sure of that considering they just played a great game against Miami. How does an 0-11 start sound? I think we are possibly the worst team in the NBA. What makes it worse is that we probably have the least young talent among the bottom dwellers. All we have is Knight and Monroe. I would trade rosters with any team in the NBA right now.
    I know I'm jumping the gun but IMO neither of those guys will ever be top tier talents. They will be good players that if you put two superstars on this roster they would help win a championship. But alone they won't be able to every carry this team past the big boys with the two to three superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayer View Post
    Knight looked solid. I like this kid a lot. He hustles up and down the court on both ends. He huddles them up and tries to lead. I'm excited to see him play more and sad that S(t)uckey is here to breath down his neck.

Also, I want to comment that this game had the most entertainment value I've ever seen at a Pistons game and I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years. Seriously, even the championship years didn't have this. Gores really laid down the cash for the entertainment (half time, timeouts, etc). I know they don't show most of that stuff on TV, so I wanted to pass it along. I understand that the team is really bad, but I like the early indication that he's looking to make the Palace an exciting night of entertainment and spend the money to make that happen.

Now, we'll just have to see how long it takes before he realizes that Joe is a problem and "fix the glitch".
    I wasn't there but my favorite part of the broadcast was the film/choir leading into the player introductions. As I was watching it I was thinking how great that would have been when the team was winning. They also showed the Davidson banner that apparently went up tonight which I thought was a nice gesture by the new owner.

Gores is investing in the Palace experience and given the changes he's made so far, I doubt he'll tolerate a bad product for an extended amount of time.

alwaysthrowheat is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
    I don't understand. Who wouldn't prefer to watch IU/MSU, regardless of the crap level of the pistons (which is clearly sub-garbage at this time)?
    Some people don't like college ball. Of course, I'm biased. We played like garbage tonight.

On another note, the under 21.5 is looking good.

Blog Entries

Just a real crap product out there on the court. Although, as Betrayer mentioned, the introductions and entertainment atmosphere seemed to be an indication of how serious Gores will be taking this. Joe will have this year to make some savvy trades, if not, he must go....must.

I agree with the poster that said this is the worst roster in the league right now, I don't think it is close really.

Just sad.

What will happen first. The Pistons getting a win or Daye scoring a point?
    VT

DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan

16 Assists, 16 TO's....that would say it all except that they also allowed Cleveland to shoot 57% and still managed to get out rebounded almost 2-1.

Great to see we resigned Prince, who should be the best player on this team(since it's full of so much junk and youngsters) and he's almost invisible. Has he completely checked ou?
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaBishop View Post
    16 Assists, 16 TO's....that would say it all except that they also allowed Cleveland to shoot 57% and still managed to get out rebounded almost 2-1.

Great to see we resigned Prince, who should be the best player on this team(since it's full of so much junk and youngsters) and he's almost invisible. Has he completely checked ou?
    I proposed that question to my friend yesterday. It seems Tay is content with just being a Piston, getting his paycheck and thats it, otherwise he would have signed elsewhere even if it were for less money.

Also, it looks like Stuckey is getting worse. Very hard to watch right now. I fully expect to be picking in the top 3 of the draft.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    I fully expect to be picking in the top 3 of the draft.
    I'm not sure how the lottery works, but if the worst team in the league can still end up outside of the top three the Pistons will find a way to do it.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    I'm not sure how the lottery works, but if the worst team in the league can still end up outside of the top three the Pistons will find a way to do it.
    The weighted system does work pretty well, but yeah, I could see the Pistons finishing dead last and then getting the 4th pick in the draft.

The worst team can go as low as 4th. But don't worry. The Pistons will suck till around March, then beat a bunch of teams they have no business beating and end up as the 6th or 7th worst team. Then in the lottery they will get bumped to 8th or 9th and then draft a perimeter player with a lot of upside.
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    The worst team can go as low as 4th. But don't worry. The Pistons will suck till around March, then beat a bunch of teams they have no business beating and end up as the 6th or 7th worst team. Then in the lottery they will get bumped to 8th or 9th and then draft a perimeter player with a lot of upside.
    I didn't think I could be anymore depressed about the Pistons... but I was wrong. Thank you for this Del.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

I didn't think I could be anymore depressed about the Pistons... but I was wrong. Thank you for this Del.
    I was being nice. I could have tossed in an Austin Daye contract extension.
    VT

I'm sure Dumars is just waiting for him to get his first points of the season to announce the 4 year $38 million extension.
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

moonwatcher is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayer View Post
    When a singer can't sing, you add pyrotechnics, backup dancers and confetti to mask the lack of talent. Give me a good basketball team over a TGI Fridays experience any day.

Shelton is online now MotownSports Fan

Says the guy from Minneapolis.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast