Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Game #71: Heat Vs Pistons - 3/23/11

7:30

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

Don't know if we are going to pull this one out but we can't afford to win this game.

FloridaTigers is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Heat doing everything in their power NOT to win this one.
    "Violence on television only affects children whose parents act like television personalities" -David Byrne

I think I have posted something about this before.

Twitter

It's being studied. RT @PistonsFan31: @Keith_Langlois I heard the Pistons are getting new uniforms in 2012-13, any truth to that?
    Have we pretty much come full circle now?

Monroe got his 17th double-double last night. Most by a Piston in a season since Billups had 27 in 2005-06. The Pistons season record is 48 by Laimbeer in 1986-87.

Ooops, the article says the data only goes back to 1986-87.

Greg Monroe racking up double-doubles like it’s his job (which it sort of is) PistonPowered

Betrayer is offline MotownSports Fan

Funny thing about this game. We had it under control. We were playing good defense, the offense was clicking, the game looked in hand at the end of the 3rd.

And then guess what lineup takes the court to start the 4th?

Stuckey, Gordon, Daye, Charlie, Maxiell

And I said, "Well, there goes the game." Sure enough, 8 minutes later the lead was completely reversed and we hadn't scored a point. Either Q is a genius and is trying to insure a good draft pick, or he has no clue when it comes to player decisions.

That lineup couldn't defend or out-rebound a high school JV squad. I know that everyone hates the remaining old guard and wants them gone, but if you told me right now that I could either dump the starters of this game or that entire 5 man lineup that came out in the 4th, I would take the latter any day.

It's because that squad epitomizes everything I hate about the current Pistons. They're soft, they play no defense, they can't rebound, most of them just don't care, or they simply have low bball IQ's.

Yes, even Austin Daye who might as well sit down if he doesn't make his first couple of shots because if he's not making shots, he gives you nothing on the court. He's Charlie V with follicles. For his entire career someone will be saying, "He'd be solid if only he could-", just like they do with Charlie.

Gordon plays like he just doesn't care at all. He's not even the second best shooting guard on this team at this point. He gives you nothing on the court but an easy target for the opponent to attack.

Maxiell is just stealing money from the Pistons at this point. I think he's spending it on cheeseburgers. He Corliss Williamson without any of the talent that let Corliss play the 3 and any of the IQ that let him go to work as an undersized 4.

As for Charlie, we all know what he is. The Piston's hype machine isn't fooling anyone with their talk of all his off-season work. No team with Charlie V getting serious minutes will ever go far in the playoffs.

And don't get me started on Stuckey.

The fact that every one of these guys started for the Pistons this year at some point just goes to show how ridiculous this monstrosity is that Joe has put together. People say his hands are tied and I say "Look what he did to us when they weren't tied." Joe must go so we can truly start to rebuild this team.
    Matt Millen never left Detroit - he just started wearing a very convincing Joe Dumars costume.