Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Every time I see Tracy McGrady, I wonder what Austin Daye is doing...
    He'll get some PT - with about 90 seconds left during garbage time. The Pistons do need to find a way to get him playing time. He has a potential future. Many that are playing don't. I agree with that.

But tonight, I'll enjoy this win.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

I don't even know what to call that last Charlie V drive and hoop.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

What is McGrady's salary? It may have some value to play him if he proves himself capable and then tradeable with someone like Prince, Rip or even Max for some players of potential value that have some youth.

Has to be the most complete game I've seen from the Pistons all season long on both sides of the court. The game that everything seemingly was done with purpose and meaning.

It started with the interior defense in the first quarter and Rip going crazy off those screens and it ended in a blowout. Great effort.

Darn it, Atlanta got that one. The Hawks are going to finish with a whopping 80 points.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    What is McGrady's salary? It may have some value to play him if he proves himself capable and then tradeable with someone like Prince, Rip or even Max for some players of potential value that have some youth.
    The Lakers just gave up Vucinic and a first round pick for Joe Smith to get salary relief, there's got to be SOMEBODY out there who would give up a low first rounder for McGrady.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    He makes around $1.5 million.

26 assists tonight, 10 for Stuckey.

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

Nice win tonight. Be nice to see efforts like this every game from this team
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

Elevate is offline MotownSports Fan

Another win in the wrong direction of the most ping pong balls.

ScrubBeaterUpper is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Elevate View Post
    But if it's so wrong, why does it feel so right?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubBeaterUpper View Post
    Because we're fans. We want to see wins.

In fact, I'm watching the replay right now. They just showed the breaking hoop from Wallace to Hamilton to Prince for the slam in the third quarter. It was as sweet the second time as it was the first.

Elevate is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubBeaterUpper View Post
    Woo hoo! Now they're 8-18! The 8th win out of 26 games does not feel right to me.

Betrayer is offline MotownSports Fan

Fun game to watch, finally. And about time Q put Wallace and Monroe in the starting lineup. This team needs rebounding and it took him 26 games to figure that out. Hopefully Ben's ankle isn't too bad because he's been solid and with Monroe to help him out on the boards he can do more of the things that make him great.

I see that Stuckey had 10 assists and shake my head. I don't recall when they happened, nor do I recall myself thinking "nice pass, Stuckey" even once during the game. All I recall is him driving to the basket and drawing three defenders but never once finding the open man. Maybe those assists came on Rip's catch-and-shoot plays or something.

It was nice to see this team play a complete game from end to end and respond to the opponent's runs with runs of their own. Hopefully they can build on it and Monroe can continue to grow in his role.
    Matt Millen never left Detroit - he just started wearing a very convincing Joe Dumars costume.

dalemotown is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Elevate View Post

The odds of the Pistons finishing with the worst record, AND with the most lottery balls are fairly low. Last year New Jersey tanked as well as you can tank - and still did not get John Wall. In fact, it's much easier to make the playoffs than it is to attain one of the top three picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayer View Post
    Fun game to watch, finally. And about time Q put Wallace and Monroe in the starting lineup. This team needs rebounding and it took him 26 games to figure that out. Hopefully Ben's ankle isn't too bad because he's been solid and with Monroe to help him out on the boards he can do more of the things that make him great.
    We definitely saw Ben kind of being Ben from a few years ago with Monroe in there. He was able to give help defense and those two really shut down the paint for a bit in the first quarter. And, even when they were out, you saw it took darned near the halftime buzzer before Atlanta decided to attack the paint a little more again. In the second half, they had so many stiff shots when getting around the paint it wasn't even funny. I'm not saying it was the greatest defensive effort since the two NBA finals teams, but for a team that's been void of strong defensive efforts for a few years, it was nice to see.

Even Charlie V and Wilcox got into the act.

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayer View Post
    I see that Stuckey had 10 assists and shake my head. I don't recall when they happened, nor do I recall myself thinking "nice pass, Stuckey" even once during the game. All I recall is him driving to the basket and drawing three defenders but never once finding the open man. Maybe those assists came on Rip's catch-and-shoot plays or something.
    I read that post about the 10 assists for Stuckey last night and I was a bit shocked. In fact, I checked it out to see if it was true. He had something like three assists and three turnovers at the half. Sometimes a poor first half like that will take a guy off your radar screen, especially if he's "satisfying" your image of that player during the first half of the game. He must've had 7 assists and 1 turnover in the second half. That's pretty good production. And you are probably right. They probably came on those Rip catch and shoots. But, hey, those certainly count. How many times have we seen Rip being able to be Rip because of our inability to distribute the ball through our offense. It was clear the Pistons made a strong effort to do that last night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12