Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Game #10: Pistons Vs Kings - 11/14/10

No time to make a thread. I think the game starts at 6 on FSN.
    VT

Max starting at PF for Daye.
    VT

Landry on the Kings broadcast talking about what a great team Detroit is and how many great players they have. Landry obviously has a drinking problem.
    VT

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Landry on the Kings broadcast talking about what a great team Detroit is and how many great players they have. Landry obviously has a drinking problem.
    Or he's trying to keep people paying attention.

I am watching the game, but I am also boucning in and out while grilling dinner outside.

Those promos for FSD for Blaha and Kelser - I still haven't seen the Blaha one. Everytime they are about to show it, they show 1 second of it and then go to another commercial. They've done that everytime I've seen the Kelser one start but once as well.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

Max starting at PF for Daye.
    Can't say I am upset about this. I would have preferred to see Monroe start though.

22-19 Pistons after one. I haven't been able to sit down and see how they did it. I think Rip started hot. I guess they just said Rip and Rodney have eight each. I know we trailed 6-2. But that's about it.

Now, I'm eating. The grilling is DONE.

Nothing great - just hamburgers.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Monroe 100 percent absolutely deserves to be on the court.

But, even if this didn't happen with this theory involved, I am glad it appears that as Monroe played better, he earned more playing time.

He's playing well.

Ben Gordon pisses me off sometimes. Whatever happened to that floater we heard about? He makes these nice fakes to get his defender of his feet but then he takes it too far into the lane where he is too small to finish.

Pistons lead by 5 with just under 6 minutes left.

Ben Gordon just made a trey giving the Pistons back the lead, a lead they've had most of the night.

Sacramento has a 30-10 second-chance point lead.

DetroitCity313 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    Monroe 100 percent absolutely deserves to be on the court.

But, even if this didn't happen with this theory involved, I am glad it appears that as Monroe played better, he earned more playing time.

He's playing well.
    I see no reason for Monroe not to start along with Big Ben. Daye is just outmatched at PF, the guy cannot and should not be expected to match up against big men, he does not have the strength or weight and it does not play to his strengths. Monroe should be starting at that position, let Daye come off the bench and get the bulk of the minutes at SF, while only sparingly playing PF or just give him the SF start over Tayshaun. Either way, starting him at PF is a recipe for disaster all season. And it will only get worse as the season continues and Daye can't take the pounding he already is.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    I see no reason for Monroe not to start along with Big Ben. Daye is just outmatched at PF, the guy cannot and should not be expected to match up against big men, he does not have the strength or weight and it does not play to his strengths. Monroe should be starting at that position, let Daye come off the bench and get the bulk of the minutes at SF, while only sparingly playing PF or just give him the SF start over Tayshaun. Either way, starting him at PF is a recipe for disaster all season. And it will only get worse as the season continues and Daye can't take the pounding he already is.
    I don't think it hurts to keep him off the bench for a bit. If Monroe becomes some sort of offensive threat, that would give something the starting five it doesn't have, but I also think gradually working him into that role isn't a bad idea either. Let him learn at a steady pace and try to keep his minutes down a bit now to lessen the rookie wall that sometimes hits players.

If I saw him in the starting lineup on Monday night (I think they play tomorrow night, if not Tuesday night), it wouldn't bother me a bit. In fact, it would get me pretty excited to see what he does.

Thanks TV - tomorrow at Golden State at 10 p.m.

It does sound appealing having Monroe starting at PF with Ben at center though.

Monroe is as much a PF as Daye is. Not athletic or quick enough. Kid is a center.
    VT

Rumor is/was that Jason Thompson is on the trade block. Wonder if the Pistons have any interest and what it would cost.
    VT

Monroe is as much a PF as Daye is. Not athletic or quick enough. Kid is a center.
    May not be very athletic or quick, but the pounding we are taking inside could be slowed just a little. Daye's future in this league is not at PF, nor is it fair to expect him to contribute at that position. I think it is actually hurting his development to have him play there, let him do what he does best and work the perimeter by using his height and length on opposing SFs. Monroe will give us some sort of inside threat and rebouding precense Daye is clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    May not be very athletic or quick, but the pounding we are taking inside could be slowed just a little. Daye's future in this league is not at PF, nor is it fair to expect him to contribute at that position. I think it is actually hurting his development to have him play there, let him do what he does best and work the perimeter by using his height and length on opposing SFs. Monroe will give us some sort of inside threat and rebouding precense Daye is clearly not.
    Preaching to the choir about Daye. I have said all of that since they named him a starter.

But you don't fix one problem by creating another. And that is what playing Monroe out of position will do. Just like it hurts Daye to play out of position, it will do the same for Monroe. With Ben not playing much, there are plenty of minutes at center for Monroe. Lets make things easier for our young kids, not harder.
    VT

Preaching to the choir about Daye. I have said all of that since they named him a starter.

But you don't fix one problem by creating another. And that is what playing Monroe out of position will do. Just like it hurts Daye to play out of position, it will do the same for Monroe. With Ben not playing much, there are plenty of minutes at center for Monroe. Lets make things easier for our young kids, not harder.
    Fair enough

Hey, Ben Wallace is playing in the 4th quarter.
    VT

I actually think Monroe is a center as well.

I will always believe Daye is too slow to be a three on the defensive end...until he proves me wrong. And I have yet to find a 6'11" player who has made it as a small forward. Maybe you can help me. Whether he makes it as a four is also very questionable.

Ben Gordon at his best. Catching and shooting.
    VT

Prince to Gordon for the trey! And the Pistons are up by five with time winding down on Sacramento.

There are so many mediocre teams in the NBA. I know many people want to see the Pistons lose for a better draft pick but they are going to get their fair share of wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    I actually think Monroe is a center as well.

I will always believe Daye is too slow to be a three on the defensive end...until he proves me wrong. And I have yet to find a 6'11" player who has made it as a small forward. Maybe you can help me. Whether he makes it as a four is also very questionable.
    I'm not aware of anyone that size playing SF. But I am also not aware of any 200 pound PF's.

I'm not a huge fan of Daye. I dont view him as a starter in the league. More of a 6th man off the bench type role. We need those too.
    VT

Pretty darn satisfying game.
    The Pistons held the lead most of the game and fought back anytime the Kings fought back.

The offensive boards were an issue, but that was my only great gripe.

That's two in a row on the west coast trip. I don't care if the other was against a wounded Clippers' team. I'll take it.

Balanced scoring. Nice distribution down the stretch. Saw different people have nice spurts.

What was a frustrating afternoon ends with a nice Pistons win.

Can't wait until tomorrow. Let's finish 3-1 on the west coast swing.

I'm not aware of anyone that size playing SF. But I am also not aware of any 200 pound PF's.

I'm not a huge fan of Daye. I dont view him as a starter in the league. More of a 6th man off the bench type role. We need those too.
    I don't see him as a starter either. I would be happy if he could just develop into a super scorer off the bench; kind of what CV has become.

I don't see him as a starter either. I would be happy if he could just develop into a super scorer off the bench; kind of what CV has become.
    Works for me. I think bringing him off the bench gives you more flexibility too.

Teams second units are going to have slower and less explosive SF's. They will have smaller PF's. Depending on what team you are playing, you could match Daye up against the position that gives him the most advantage.
    VT

There are so many mediocre teams in the NBA. I know many people want to see the Pistons lose for a better draft pick but they are going to get their fair share of wins this year.
    Think they can sneak into the playoffs at 7 or 8? I'm thinking 30 wins, plus or minus 5. So 25-35 wins.
    VT

Think they can sneak into the playoffs at 7 or 8? I'm thinking 30 wins, plus or minus 5. So 25-35 wins.
    Sounds about right. You have Boston, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, and then probably Milwaukee. After that, it gets ugly.

You know what, after not seeing the playoffs last year, I'd take an eighth seed just to have some sort of excitment at the end of the season, even if the educated fan in me realizes it would be better for them to do nothing this year. I just don't want to go through that massive void feeling last year had again.

EatEmUpTigers711 is offline MotownSports Fan

Two in a row, wow I'm impressed...

If you thought G10 was fed up before, I can't wait to see what he has to say now...
    2012 Adopt-A-Tiger - Ryan Strieby
    2011 Adopt-A-Lion - #26 Louis Delmas - 51 Tackles

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

Good to pull out a win tonight. Nice scoring attack from everyone and a big 3 from BG at the end. I really want Monroe to continue to get more time but I agree he cannot be playing a lot of minutes at PF. Just not fast enough to cover most guys. But he would be a better option there than Dsye could ever be.
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

G10
    G10 is offline Released

Austin Daye a DNP Coaches decision? What the hell?

RJBBREZ is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by G10 View Post
    Austin Daye a DNP Coaches decision? What the hell?
    and they won again, damn those Detroit Pistons for winning games

Lbh24 is offline MotownSports Fan

It is pretty odd re: Daye. Starter to 0 minutes in 48 hours doesn't make a lot of sense. I think I'd rather see them find some consistency over a couple wins here or there. Not that I'm rooting against them, I just don't see them making the playoffs or anything
    2009 Piston: Rip Hamilton - Guard
    2010 Adopt-A-Tiger: Lloyd McClendon

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Lots of odd things. Daye starts 4-4 in LA, gets like 9 points in the 1st quarter, hardly plays the rest of that game and now he gets a DNP coaches decision. Thats a good way to ruin a kids confidence.

But, the Pistons have now won 4 or their last 5 and have ensured a .500 roadtrip. Pistons might be able to flirt with that .500 line all year long, they have good shooters.

jonjd is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Carl Landry would have put up Kevin Love-esque numbers if Daye was on the floor. You all need to enjoy and cherish victories rather than question them. I can't handle this section of the forum anymore. The negativity and need to complain is too excessive.
    Retired. Thanks for the entertainment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonjd View Post
    Carl Landry would have put up Kevin Love-esque numbers if Daye was on the floor. You all need to enjoy and cherish victories rather than question them. I can't handle this section of the forum anymore. The negativity and need to complain is too excessive.
    I think youre reading a bit far into it. Reading the thread I didnt pick up on the negativity you did, just honest questions. Actually, it seemed rather positive.

And just because Daye would have gotten eaten up by Landry doesnt mean he has to sit the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjd View Post
    Honestly, I don't see the excessive negativity in this thread either. I was pretty happy with the performance. My hamburgers could've used a bit more time on the grill, but that wasn't the Pistons' fault.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    Honestly, I don't see the excessive negativity in this thread either. I was pretty happy with the performance. My hamburgers could've used a bit more time on the grill, but that wasn't the Pistons' fault.
    You undercooked a hamburger?

Tonights game is another late one, I am ready to get back to 7pm starts.

I usually finish my day around 9 or 10, so love the late starts.
    VT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast