Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Game #6: Bobcats Vs Pistons - 11/5/10

1-3 (1-2) @ 0-5 (0-2)

Live from The Palace of Auburn Hills

Game Info: 7:30 pm EDT Fri Nov 5, 2010

TV:

Injury Report:

Charlotte: Kwame Brown - Questionable (Ankle). Dominic McGuire - Out (Shin). Eduardo Najera - Questionable (Sports Hernia).

Detroit: Will Bynum - Questionable (Hamstring). Richard Hamilton - Questionable (Foot). Chris Wilcox - Questionable (Hamstring).

Team Stats

Team Four Factors

eFG%: 0.475 (22nd of 30)
    TOV%: 0.181 (30th of 30)
    ORB%: 0.257 (18th of 30)
    FT/FGA: 0.341 (2nd of 30)

Team Leaders

Win Shares: D.J. Augustin 0.4
    Minutes Per Game: Gerald Wallace 40.5

Team Four Factors

eFG%: 0.459 (26th of 30)
    TOV%: 0.125 (6th of 30)
    ORB%: 0.290 (9th of 30)
    FT/FGA: 0.191 (29th of 30)

Team Leaders

Win Shares: Ben Gordon 0.6
    Minutes Per Game: Tayshaun Prince 36.0
    Points Per Game: Ben Gordon 20.2
    Rebounds Per Game: Ben Wallace 9.0
    Assists Per Game: Rodney Stuckey 5.8
    Steals Per Game: Tracy McGrady 1.4
    Blocks Per Game: Ben Wallace 1.0

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Not sure how much of this game I can watch. Im gonna get my bowling on tonight. But I think we finally break into the W column tonight. Its already starting to snowball.

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

I'll be watching the Western Michigan at Central Michigan football game, which starts at 6 p.m. and turning to this game during commercials. By the second half, though, that game should be over and I may be around. Let's see if we can keep the game threads going with some decent flow this year!
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    I'll be watching the Western Michigan at Central Michigan football game, which starts at 6 p.m. and turning to this game during commercials. By the second half, though, that game should be over and I may be around. Let's see if we can keep the game threads going with some decent flow this year!
    This is my first year here for a Pistons season, I expect to be around all season. I havent missed more than 5 Pistons game since 2000 prolly. And I am always around a computer. So yeah, 1 plus 1 equals 2.

Whos favored in the Central game?

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    This is my first year here for a Pistons season, I expect to be around all season. I havent missed more than 5 Pistons game since 2000 prolly. And I am always around a computer. So yeah, 1 plus 1 equals 2.

Whos favored in the Central game?
    I hardly ever miss a game, but my work schedule forces me to watch a lot of games on tapes/DVDs or during the late broadcast, which doesn't do the message board any good. I've had years when I would do a pretty detailed play-by-play on the board for a good number of the games. Then, I kind of stopped doing that entirely because it made it hard to just watch the game and soak it in. This year, when I'm around, I hope to do a happy middle ground
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

jonjd is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I shall be back tonight to participate and hopefully celebrate.

Like I stated in another thread, I think this will be a very good test. That's not saying much, but that's how low we've gotten. I still have plenty of faith in the men in charge that all of the drama will be eliminated sooner than later.

Boris Diaw is definitely at a Coney Island right now. There's no question about it.
    Retired. Thanks for the entertainment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    I hardly ever miss a game, but my work schedule forces me to watch a lot of games on tapes/DVDs or during the late broadcast, which doesn't do the message board any good. I've had years when I would do a pretty detailed play-by-play on the board for a good number of the games. Then, I kind of stopped doing that entirely because it made it hard to just watch the game and soak it in. This year, when I'm around, I hope to do a happy middle ground
    You know you bring up an interesting point. A lot of nights it seems like the Maple Leafs and Pistons play on the same night. I am very active on a Leafs board as well, and I find myself being overwhelmed by the computer during nights like that. I am constantly switiching my browsers between the boards and flipping between the games. But I really like to hear what other people have to say.

Widespread Rodney Stuckey rumor incorrect; guard's status for game tonight unclear | MLive.com

Widespread Rodney Stuckey rumor incorrect; guard's status for game tonight unclear

What happens tonight with Detroit Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey remains to be seen.

What happened Wednesday night with Stuckey has been widely misinterpreted and misreported.

Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press and Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News are questioning via their Twitter accounts whether Stuckey will even play tonight against the Charlotte Bobcats.

"It's likely you won't see much of Stuckey tonight, if at all," Goodwill tweeted following the morning shootaround. Ellis made a similar statement, though both said they were reading between the lines and offering their opinions with those comments.

Kuester said the situation was being handled internally and would not say whether Stuckey would start or play, Ellis tweeted.

The controversy involving Stuckey took place Wednesday night. During a stoppage in play in the third quarter, Kuester yelled repeatedly in an attempt to get the attention of Stuckey, who was on the court. After Stuckey did not respond, Kuester replaced him with DaJuan Summers and left him on the bench for the rest of the game.

Since it was an away game, there were very few firsthand accounts of the play by members of the Detroit media. Websites that picked up the story the next day apparently misinterpreted initial reports and - believing that Stuckey was on the bench when Kuester yelled his name - reported that Stuckey had refused to re-enter the game.

Do a Google search for “Stuckey refuses to enter game” and you will see how widespread that rumor is. But it is not true. He was on the court when Kuester shouted his name. Then he was benched. And he was never asked to return.

Did Stuckey handle the situation properly? Absolutely not. But the situation is not as bad as some reports have made it look.

Pistons hold team meeting; Rodney Stuckey's status unclear | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Pistons hold team meeting; Rodney Stuckey's status unclear

Auburn Hills —If there's one thing being worse for the Pistons than being winless, it's adding drama to the equation.

The team held a meeting to address recent concerns surrounding the conflicts between the players and coach John Kuester, but it's not known how guard Rodney Stuckey will be handled.

Stuckey was benched by Kuester in the second half of Wednesday's game against the Hawks, after apparently ignoring Kuester's attempts to get his attention. Kuester declined to say how that matter would be handled. It was not known if Stuckey would play Friday night against the Bobcats.

"It's handled internally," Kuester said. "Guys did a real nice job of voicing their opinions. Right now, we just have to get a win."

Stuckey declined comment from another media member.

Veteran Tayshaun Prince said it was important to clear things up now,
    especially in the midst of the team's worst start in nearly 30 years. Prince said issues like this shouldn't fester, and it creates a negative perception.

Blog Entries

Aghh, its just a mess. How long until the sale is final so we can start to clean this up?

Betrayer is offline MotownSports Fan

All I can hope is that somehow this pushes Joe towards the understanding that Stuckey is not a sacred cow, and that he can be traded. I think he's the added component that will help us move Rip or Tay.
    Matt Millen never left Detroit - he just started wearing a very convincing Joe Dumars costume.

dalemotown is offline MotownSports Fan

My fear is if anyone gets moved, it will be Kuester alone. No players.

They likely will keep Tay and Stuckey until February, to maximize their value. And honestly: that makes sense.

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

What a surprise. Pistons start a true playmaker at point guard and get off to a blazing start. Not saying it will last. Just saying it is a fact.

Just got home. Are they sitting Stuckey for the night?

Elevate is offline MotownSports Fan

Boris Diaw might be the worst player in the league. Dumars will probably trade for him.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

I can't watch the games unless I find streams, but the looks of the boxscore... Monroe is doing fairly well on the boards, yes?
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Looks like it. I haven't seen him tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Don't know.

Unreal. Every time out during the CMU football game, the Pistons game has been on a time out all but twice. It looks like right now it's halftime.

I saw Charlie V split two free throws. That's about all I've seen of the game. It looks like it's been a good one so far.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

They can cut Stuckey for all i care.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Lineup right now is Gordon, Prince, McGrady, CV, Wallace.

So good they don't need a PG.

The lead shrunk to 6 in a quick hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    They can cut Stuckey for all i care.
    I don't think Stuckey realized he does not have enough clout to pull the stunt he did. A star can get away with it and still probably play the next game. Stuckey...not a chance. Terrible miscalculation on his part.

Pistons decide to come out the second half and lay an egg. Great job Kuester getting your team ready to play the second half! I still think they win this game though.

I turn the game on for a few minutes and it's only a three-point lead. What the heck happened?

About to be tied with a free throw. Wow.

Edit: He missed it. Pistons up 1.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

There is no bigger jerk in the NBA than stephen jackson....but he's a great player.

The Pistons aren't likely to lose this game, but if they did it would be pretty funny.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

I'm here for good. Chippewas won.

Great to see the Pistons have upped the lead back to eight.

21 turnovers! Larry Brown must be going crazy.

Will's hurting, but it isn't a hammy.

What an ugly possession that was. And that was our PG.

84-74 with 6:49 left. Got to win this one.

But Bynum isn't the player of confidence right now. He's had a couple really lousy possessions.

I guess "handling it internally" means a coach's decision DNP.

Lead was up to 12. Now it's back down to 5. Let's see how they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tonight.

Monroe with a nice hoop. Back to 8.

DE-FENSE!!!!

Very interesting to see Monroe the only big guy in the game down the stretch.

Darn it. It's within three with 1:30 left.

Rip with the hoop and the foul

Three-point play puts the Pistons up by six again!

Monroe swipes the rebound!

BOOM - Ben gordon with two free throws.

Man, still not over - a triple.

Pistons fouled with 17 seconds left up by three. Bynum at the line.

PISTONSWIN

By the way, how did Stuckey do?

I wonder if Mateen is going to call him a great point guard tonight?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast