Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Default 2012 Trade Deadline

So far, very quiet and boring.

Red Wings just dealt Commodore to TB for a conditional 7th rounder. Looks like they may be setting up to make a play for another defenseman.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

lordstanley is offline MotownSports Fan

Canadian TV' s annual overkill on this is always hilarious. TSN, Sportsnet, RDS have 7 hour shows where nothing happens for the first 6. Something like a 4th line winger traded for a 5th rounder would be the big news of Hour 2.

Blog Entries

Some Rangers writer just tweeted he is hearing rumors of Stuart to the Rangers for...picks???

Now, that just doesn't seem right.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by lesgoblu02 View Post
    Some Rangers writer just tweeted he is hearing rumors of Stuart to the Rangers for...picks???

Now, that just doesn't seem right.
    Yeah, I saw that, but that's insane and won't happen. Trading an experienced d-man Commodore for only a pick was surprising enough.

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Freeing up cap space to grab someone better?
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

Blog Entries

I tweeted after I saw that tweet that, if true, Kenny better have one hell of an ace up his sleeve.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    Freeing up cap space to grab someone better?
    Possibly, but that deal has to absolutely be done and approved before doing anything with Stuart.

Personally, I don't buy it.

Blog Entries

I tweeted after I saw that tweet that, if true, Kenny better have one hell of an ace up his sleeve.
    Have we ever known Holland to do something like that and then flame out? If Stuart is (by most peoples account you know I am not a huge fan of his) one of our best defensive players Holland is NOT going to trade him for picks just before the playoffs start without making a move to make the team better.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

Blog Entries

Holland just told Ansar Khan that Staurt is NOT being traded.
    Thank God.

I wish the Wings would get Steve Ott instead of the Canucks.

Blog Entries

Holland just told Ansar Khan that Staurt is NOT being traded.
    Thank God.
    If that was 100% true why would he confirm it before the deadline? Why not wait the hour to say 'yeah those reports were ridiculous.'?

Consolidated Twitter feeds that Kukla's Korner put together:

KuklasKorner : KK Hockey : Follow Those In The Know

If that was 100% true why would he confirm it before the deadline? Why not wait the hour to say 'yeah those reports were ridiculous.'?
    Because he doesn't want to be responsible for anyone jumping off the Ambassador Bridge in the meantime (or for the odd outlier and his brother injuring their hands from high-fives and back slapping :)

Blog Entries

For what purpose? If he's not available, he's not available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Because he doesn't want to be responsible for anyone jumping off the Ambassador Bridge in the meantime (or for the odd outlier and his brother injuring their hands from high-fives and back slapping :)
    So if they moved him, but brought in Weber or Weber, Sutter or Allen that would not be an upgrade? I am honestly asking I do not know those 3 guys very well.

Blog Entries

Gill or Visnovsky?

So if they moved him, but brought in Weber or Weber, Sutter or Allen that would not be an upgrade? I am honestly asking I do not know those 3 guys very well.
    OF course it would be an upgrade. In the off-season. You don't trade one of your 2 or 3 best d-man for picks when you're #2 team in points in the NHL.

Blog Entries

For what purpose? If he's not available, he's not available.
    I don't know. I am not in the room. I tend not to believe anything a GM of a franchise says around the trade deadline for any sport. It is the trade deadline. I would guess EVERYONE is available for the right price. I think there are about 4 people on the Wings I would call untouchable.

But yes of course, if Holland was to come to the podium this afternoon and say that the Wings have acquired Weber in a trade after agreeing to terms on a long-term contract with him, but in order to make it work needed to dump Stuart for picks, I'd be happy. But that ain't gonna happen for a million reasons. Nashville won't trade Suter or Weber given their position in the standings, won't trade them to division rival Detroit ever, Wings wouldn't pay enough if only a rental, getting one of them here probably wouldn't put them over the cap even if Stuart stayed the rest of this season, etc.

Blog Entries

I don't know. I am not in the room. I tend not to believe anything a GM of a franchise says around the trade deadline for any sport. It is the trade deadline. I would guess EVERYONE is available for the right price. I think there are about 4 people on the Wings I would call untouchable.
    With the WIngs situation on Defense, Stuart is pretty much one of those untouchables.

And I really hope you weren't talking about Hal Gill above. That guy is average on a good day. On most days, he's a pylon.

I feel like posting the tweet "So are the rumor's we're hearing about the Red Wings in a dogfight to beat out the Canucks for Steve Ott via trade true?" . As I'm pretty sure it would get picked up for 15 minutes of re-tweeting, even without a hashtag. That's how unreliable was the Stuart rumor.

jonjd is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I wish the Wings would get Steve Ott instead of the Canucks.
    As a fan, I'd love him in Van, but as a friend of his, I'd be happy to see him in Detroit near his family and friends. His father has been dealing with health issues and he often travels home to Windsor. Even his Dallas area girl would be thrilled. I hope it happens. He'd be much loved and would be a great fit for the Wings.

I think Dallas would be foolish to trade him due to his popularity, but his contract is a bit much.
    Retired. Thanks for the entertainment.

So I wonder who will be the target of Brian Burke's annual trade deadline lecture this year - ignorant media, impatient fans, or GMs with outrageous demands.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Leafs still haven't done anything.

I just don't get Brian Burke, he has basically overturned the roster, twice, in 4 years and the Leafs still can't make the playoffs. We were looking good til February rolled around, 1-7-1 so far this month, not good.

How Ron Wilson has been able to keep his job is beyond me. Every big game the leafs have they come out with absolutely no energy, they are hard to watch.

Burke preached truculence when he was hired, yet the Leafs might be the softest team in the league, it's disgusting.

Ugh, Paulsson to the Canucks.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Leafs still haven't done anything.

I just don't get Brian Burke, he has basically overturned the roster, twice, in 4 years and the Leafs still can't make the playoffs. We were looking good til February rolled around, 1-7-1 so far this month, not good.

How Ron Wilson has been able to keep his job is beyond me. Every big game the leafs have they come out with absolutely no energy, they are hard to watch.

Burke preached truculence when he was hired, yet the Leafs might be the softest team in the league, it's disgusting.
    Leafs traded Keith Aulie to Tampa Bay for Carter Ashton.

It has to be devastating to Leafs fans that 4 other Eastern Conf teams that missed the playoffs last year are currently in playoff position - NJ, Ottawa, Florida and Winnipeg.

Hawks get Johnny Oduya on defense from Winnipeg.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

Ugh, Paulsson to the Canucks.
    For only 2 fourths... Paulsson didn't want to come to Detroit right?

Hawks get Johnny Oduya on defense from Winnipeg.
    My Hawks fan friend is mad at what they gave up for Oduya and Commodore was a conditional 7th rounder.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

I`m betting the Wings are taking a look at a Rick Nash deal. Doesn`t mean they`ll pull the trigger, but I`m thinking no matter what at some point today we`ll find out that the Wings and Jackets were in serious talks this morning.

Blog Entries

Johnny Oduya is beyond turrible.

Blog Entries

Pahlsson is a strange move for any contender. His bad days are behind him and now he's toiling in the very bad days.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Leafs traded Keith Aulie to Tampa Bay for Carter Ashton.

It has to be devastating to Leafs fans that 4 other Eastern Conf teams that missed the playoffs last year are currently in playoff position - NJ, Ottawa, Florida and Winnipeg.
    It is literally depressing. Especially Ottawa this year. I can't understand why this continues to happen. If the Panthers make the playoffs this year the leafs will be the only team not to make the playoffs after the lockout.

Preds get Gaustad.

I`m fine with Holland standing pat today. Quincey is as big of an upgrade as anything done by Vancouver, Chicago, Nashville, St. Louis or San Jose.

TSN`s Darren Dreger:

Don't know details, but indications are NYR made a mammoth offer for Rick Nash today and CBJ declined. #tradecentre

Kdoogie24 is offline MotownSports Fan

Im under this thought process as well. Outside of Ferarro, I would have probably hated any deal that involved one of the prospects in the system being shipped out.

Nashville improved their team with Kostitsyn and Gaustad, but it's not like they are the frontrunners now.
    "If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." - Rickey Henderson

Blog Entries

Still possible for a deal to be announced. Just because it is after 3:00pm doesnt mean they ar enot hammering out the details before they announce it.

Still possible for a deal to be announced. Just because it is after 3:00pm doesnt mean they ar enot hammering out the details before they announce it.
    I believe Kenny has already met the media and said he is done.

Blog Entries

I believe Kenny has already met the media and said he is done.
    Did he? I turned off 97.1 when Valenti got on air. We are still number one in the league. We are good enough to win it all, but it always nice to add big names for the push. Adds extra excitement.

Blog Entries

Did he? I turned off 97.1 when Valenti got on air. We are still number one in the league. We are good enough to win it all, but it always nice to add big names for the push. Adds extra excitement.
    Yeah, he held his presser about 30 minutes ago.

This was just a slow deadline. A lot of extensions were handed out to potential free agents and a lot of teams are still in the playoff hunt so there were far less selling teams than usual. When the Wings get healthy they are one of the best 2-3 teams in the league. They'll be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast