hueytaxi is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Printer question

Team Mom needs a new printer after pouring a Coke into hers. I have a very good non windows 7 Canon printer w/o copy and fax. I see this as an opportunity to upgrade mine to multi function and give her mine. I am looking at the Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000. I tried this one at Office Depot and compared it to the HP Office Pro 8600. Online i found the Lexie from $229-$269. Working with my salesman, I asked him about a trade in. He had this printer on sale at $169 and sight unseen offered $50 off with a trade. I don't think I can beat that deal unless I hear some neg feedback here. I know the old Lexies were memory hogs on the slower machines.
    Live your life for what it can be and not for what it was.

MMXIV AAT: KYLE RYAN; MMXV AAT: TBD
    VT

Picked up the Lexmark today. MSRP was $299, marked down $100.traded in a printer for $50 and walked out for $99. Little difficult to set up the wireless network and had to get Lexmark on line to shadow my PC. It is a large bulky machine and probably too large for most small home office areas.

VT

chasfh is offline MotownSports Fan

sub rosa is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hueytaxi View Post
    Picked up the Lexmark today. MSRP was $299, marked down $100.traded in a printer for $50 and walked out for $99. Little difficult to set up the wireless network and had to get Lexmark on line to shadow my PC. It is a large bulky machine and probably too large for most small home office areas.
    sounds like you are a great negotiator.

wife and i use cheapo brother laser printer that is networked. i also have a $99 samsung laser that is in my office for light printing. i don't open paper files anymore and keep very little paper. everything is now digitized and stored on tablet/laptop/cloud.
    I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. óWilliam Faulkner

screwball is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sub rosa View Post
    sounds like you are a great negotiator.

wife and i use cheapo brother laser printer that is networked. i also have a $99 samsung laser that is in my office for light printing. i don't open paper files anymore and keep very little paper. everything is now digitized and stored on tablet/laptop/cloud.
    Curious how many people use this cloud stuff, and how?

I have an Amazon account and get 5 gig (I think) storage but I don't really use it. I can see it could be useful and even help for backups and such. I'm not really keen on using AMZN, not that I have anything against them, but their might be better ways. I have so many memory sticks I can't keep them straight (just bought another 16 gig this week).
    The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it - John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
    How's the output?
    This is quicker than any office printer I ever encountered. I printed one of my Kaline photos in about 6 seconds and 3 pages of a document in about the same time. Speed was not a factor though for me. I wanted photo quality with multiple ink cartridges, fax, scan and copy.

VT

VT

Black Friday, I found this (Lexmark above) for $137 and when I checked it was a floor model without installation disc or manual. Installed my Canon Pixma for Team Mom and also got her a wireless connection to the Lexmark. Strange how she has trouble connecting to the router at times in the middle of the house and no problem connecting through the router to the far end at the printer.
    Last edited by hueytaxi; 11-24-2012 at 04:45 AM.

VT