Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SpartanValor is offline MotownSports Fan

4* DT Jaleel Johnson now announcing in the next few days. Last week his hs coach said we were his leader, so its looking good right now.
    MSU Basketball: Back-to-Back Big Ten Championships and Final Fours
    MSU Football: Big Ten Champions!

MSUBrian11 is offline Released

Jaleel Johnson will be deciding between Iowa and MSU in the next few days. I for one am shocked by this development since Jaleel has shown little to no interest in MSU as of late.

lionstigersand... is offline MotownSports Fan

At the img7v7 down in FL...Dennis Norfleet's team won the competition with him garnering mvp honors. James White (db from Crockett that we're closely looking at) played well and nabbed a couple picks too.

It'll be interesting to see if Norfleet gers more SEC interest now...I think we've got a legit shot there, and his video suggests game-breaking talent.
    I love it here. True story: They asked me to play the University of Michigan and I said, No, I dont like that school. Any school that has to have a football stadium that big must have a small penis.' - Conan O'Brien at the Breslin, on the topic of UofM

GA RB Nick Tompkins commits. Had offers from Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Cal, Arkansas, Stanford, Mississippi State, Boston College, Vanderbilt, and a few others. Rated 10th best RB on Rivals.com

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Last edited by MSUBrian11; 06-26-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Awesome. His dad played for wisconsin too.

Wonder what that may mean for Norfleet. Regardless, a bird in the hand...

Not to mention that Nick Tompkins is a "pretty bird".
    I love it here. True story: They asked me to play the University of Michigan and I said, No, I dont like that school. Any school that has to have a football stadium that big must have a small penis.' - Conan O'Brien at the Breslin, on the topic of UofM

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

Great pick up - that video is superb!

BTW, on a MSU note, just got back from the U2 concert at Spartan Stadium. I was a fan before, but not hardcore or anything...but the show was beyond phenominal. Awesome night in EL with tens of thousands of people that had never seen campus wandering around on a picture perfect evening.
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

Interesting, did they tell him this before the Miller situation? I'd have to think that they still would be taking 2 backs, and would take Mahone if he wants to commit.

“Michigan State felt like the perfect place for me, it was the complete package,” Tompkins told the AJC. “I gave it a lot of thought. I got that gut feeling about Michigan State and went with it. I knew they were only going to take one running back and I wanted it to be me.”
    RB Nick Tompkins commits to Michigan State over Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Illinois and Maryland | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by MSUBrian11 View Post
    Interesting, did they tell him this before the Miller situation? I'd have to think that they still would be taking 2 backs, and would take Mahone if he wants to commit.

RB Nick Tompkins commits to Michigan State over Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Illinois and Maryland | AJC College Sports Recruiting
    I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps Jeremy Langford has taken things to another level. Matt Dorsey, at Spartanmag, really thinks Langford should make the switch to wr. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how things shake out. Love Tompkins video though!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Bubba is offline MotownSports Fan

If TOmpkins gets mad cause we take Mahone, then he can either decommit or compete. If he decommits, I am certain we can get someone else, as long as we can get Mahone.

WOTS, Norfleet was telling people that he and Mahone were both committing to MSU to play RB, but obviously that was false.
    Jim Leyland talking about Rod Carew: I was just talking to Rod Carew. He and I broke in together in 1964, in Cocoa Beach and Melbourne, Fla. He went on to get 3,000 hits, and I went on to backup catcher in Double-A. Hes in the Hall of Fame. Im sitting here having a Marlboro."

Even more word on the streetier...MSU WILL only take one RB this year, and it sounds like it was first-come, first serve between Mahone and Tompkins.

Too bad, I really liked Mahone's video...Reminded me a lot of Robert Smith in his OSU days. Big kid, long-strider. That said, anyone taking a gander at Tompkins' video, recognizing that that is coming against the highest level of competition in GA, and then try to explain to me how he isn't, AT MINIMUM, a high 3* (I'd argue 4*) kid. Kid's got 15+ BCS offers too. Very pleased to have him in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by lionstigersand... View Post
    Even more word on the streetier...MSU WILL only take one RB this year, and it sounds like it was first-come, first serve between Mahone and Tompkins.

Too bad, I really liked Mahone's video...Reminded me a lot of Robert Smith in his OSU days. Big kid, long-strider. That said, anyone taking a gander at Tompkins' video, recognizing that that is coming against the highest level of competition in GA, and then try to explain to me how he isn't, AT MINIMUM, a high 3* (I'd argue 4*) kid. Kid's got 15+ BCS offers too. Very pleased to have him in tow.
    Yes, people that have posted that live in GA on Rivals National Board have pumped him up and called him underrated. The most poignant point was that because of Sims, they started passing 50/50 and before that they were 80/20 Run/Pass and that his numbers would be even more stout. Glad we got a strong runner. Mahone will be a great back, but now I am hoping he goes to Tenn instead of PSU.
    Jim Leyland talking about Rod Carew: I was just talking to Rod Carew. He and I broke in together in 1964, in Cocoa Beach and Melbourne, Fla. He went on to get 3,000 hits, and I went on to backup catcher in Double-A. Hes in the Hall of Fame. Im sitting here having a Marlboro."

Mahone was shown the recruiting board, he had his chance. MD wouldnt have let Tompkins commit if he rather would have had Mahone. Im very pleased, and theyll be even more depth chart space come 2013 with caper/baker gone, and bell a senior.

I agree. I think our situation is as follows:
    Juniors Baker Caper Sophomores Bell Freshmen Hill/Langford
    Seniors Baker Caper Juniors Bell Sophomores Hill/Langford Freshman Tompkins
    Seniors Bell Juniors Hill/Langford Sophomores Tompkins Freshmen TWO newbies

Worst Case scenario is Caper or Bell blow out knee, Baker has an unreal season and goes Pro and we have Caper or Bell, Hill/Langford/Tompkins next season.

I think that if Caper or Bell blow out knee or Baker decides to go pro, all goes out window and we go after another RB.

We will be fine. You couldn't say no to Tompkins, and risk losing him and Mahone. They will take 2 RB's next year, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I think Baker goes pro regardless after this year, so in 2012 we will have Caper/Bell/Tompkins/Hill. I'm not worried at all.

Also, I don't think Norfleet has a commitable offer, if he did, he would have been green a long time ago.

Didn't want to flame the UM recruiting board, but that Terry Richardson is exactly how I described him... when I upset JB that the "look at me" was strong in that little one. God he would be driving me crazy if he committed to us.

I think Norfleet does have a committable offer, assuming his academic info is correct, and I think we'll get him.

Sounds like the Jaleel Johnson recruitment may be tightening up too with Iowa once again battling us tightly for another highly regarded DT (Cooper).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Didn't want to flame the UM recruiting board, but that Terry Richardson is exactly how I described him... when I upset JB that the "look at me" was strong in that little one. God he would be driving me crazy if he committed to us.
    LOL, he's a trip. I always get a kick out of the "silent verbals" that Benke brings up as well.

Default Congrats O'Conner!!

Tyler O'Conner was officially named to the Elite "11" roster today. Some asides: the field has been expanded to 24; the competition aspects will be reconfigured a bit; and the camp will last an extra day.

Oh, and Kirk Cousins will be in attendance as a counselor, again.

looks like Jaleel Johnson to Iowa.

Where did his kidneys commit?

JonBenke is offline Released

Big Camp day tomorrow at MSU...A number of high-end prospects are expected to be in attendance...As well as a number of verbals.

MSU picks up FL ATH McGarrett Kings. Not bad grabbing a Florida kid with a Florida State (and Wisconsin) offer.

Scout.com: MacGarrett Kings Profile
    Obama '12

And the obligate WVU offer...

Ran a 4.43 40 at msu's camp. Seemed to be high on msu for a while, kinda waiting for this to happen.

4* Arizona DB, Reggie Daniels, has announced a top 8:

Arkansas
    Boise State
    Michigan State
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    USC (no offer)
    Washington

Verbal Commitments

Nick Tompkins, RB (Snellville, Georgia)

MacGarret Kings, ATH (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)

Josiah Price, TE/DE (Greentown, Indiana)

Jamal Lyles, LB (Lathrup Village, Michigan)

Kyle Kerrick, WR (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)

Se'Von Pittman, DE (Canton, Ohio)

Tyler O'Connor, QB (Lima, Ohio)

Benny McGowan, OL (Dayton, Ohio)

Zach Higgins, OL (Alliance, Ohio)

Evan Jones, TE (West Lafayette, Ohio)

Riley Bullough, S (Traverse City, Michigan)
    Last edited by SpartanValor; 07-15-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Only allowed 10 images....time to rethink this one...

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynuts View Post
    MSU picks up FL ATH McGarrett Kings. Not bad grabbing a Florida kid with a Florida State (and Wisconsin) offer.

Scout.com: MacGarrett Kings Profile
    He doesnt really have a FSU offer. He was discussed earlier in one of these threads (Not sure which of the 3). All the mods at FSU sites stated they have never heard of FSU coaches contacting MacGarret or even showing any interest as well as the recruiting board the FSU rivals site puts together which features 10-15 guys at each position they are interested in and it did not even include Macgerrett on the list. I guarentee he would never have been allowed to commit to FSU.
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Scout.com pays people to figure these things out, so I tend to trust them more than message board rumors.

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanValor View Post
    Scout.com pays people to figure these things out, so I tend to trust them more than message board rumors.
    Believe what you want, but honestly look at the WR FSU has signed or are in the top couple for and honestly tell me you think FSU would have taken Kings...even when this was brought up in the other thread the other MSU people seemed to agree and I remember one saying that they werent even sure if he had a MSU offer. But whatever....
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    Believe what you want, but honestly look at the WR FSU has signed or are in the top couple for and honestly tell me you think FSU would have taken Kings...even when this was brought up in the other thread the other MSU people seemed to agree and I remember one saying that they werent even sure if he had a MSU offer. But whatever....
    "Yeah I committed," Kings said Wednesday while participating in a 7-on-7 competition at the Miami Dolphins' practice facility in Davie. "I picked them over Wisconsin, Wake Forest, Louisville, Florida State just to name a few."

Davie's Macgarrett Kings commits to Michigan State: Davie's Macgarrett Kings commits to Michigan State - Orlando Sentinel

MSU getting a DT transfer james kittredge from vandy. Had offers from ND and pretty much the entire big east out of high shool (from NJ). Wanted to play for a winner (his quote, not mine).

http://rivals.yahoo.com/vanderbilt/f...ittredge-83682

He will be a sophomore for MSU in 2012.

Reportedly an under armour All American coming out of H.S. as well. This is turning into quite the pickup.

whoknew is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanValor View Post
    MSU getting a DT transfer james kittredge from vandy. Had offers from ND and pretty much the entire big east out of high shool (from NJ). Wanted to play for a winner (his quote, not mine).

http://rivals.yahoo.com/vanderbilt/f...ittredge-83682
    That link is the only one to say Notre Dame - that I saw. Strange. I wonder why the other articles didn't list it.

Weird that a 3* would take a Vanderbilt offer over a Notre Dame offer. That may be the first time ever, in fact.
    Last edited by whoknew; 07-18-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoknew View Post
    That link is the only one to say Notre Dame - that I saw. Strange. I wonder why the other articles didn't list it.

Weird that a 3* would take a Vanderbilt offer over a Notre Dame offer. That may be the first time ever, in fact.
    Solid job of subtly trolling by a UM fan. Even if you are factually correct (I have no idea), don't pretend like you're not trying to start something.
    Obama '12

LOL! Excellent point!

I see monkey covered it...

Luckily UM fans never do stuff like this, just like Benke never posts rumors about MSU commits...Certainly not about their grades...Not if they're from OH...Not anyone that plays defensive end...Not while being ranked among the top 3 players in that State...Just doesn't happen.

whoknew is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynuts View Post
    Solid job of subtly trolling by a UM fan. Even if you are factually correct (I have no idea), don't pretend like you're not trying to start something.
    I am also a Vanderbilt grad. So, if possible, I'd like to get double credit on this one.

You fail.

"My dad played in the SEC, and he said there's nothing like playing in front of 100,000 people or a little less. He said it was one of the greatest experiences of his life, and I took it as a challenge. And Vanderbilt is in Nashville, a big city compared to some of the others, like Notre Dame, which is a private school in a secluded area. Nashville was different."

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/10...anderbilt.html

I love when M fans make up garbage to fit their insecurities, then get completely roasted with the truth, usual in the form of a direct quote that Brian uncovers from the internets.

Amusing, to say the least.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast