Antrat is offline MotownSports Fan

Default The Downfall of the Minnesota Twins

I thought that a thread should be made that celebrates the demise of the Minnesota Twins.
    They can't pitch, they can't hit and they just all-around suck kitty balls.
    They have caused me more misery than any other team over the last 30-plus years of watching baseball.
    I wish nothing but the worst for them and their fans.

I would like to congratulate them for at last scoring one run today in the 7th.

Karma is a *****.

Lousluggage is offline MotownSports Fan

Don't be brave. I know you're as upset about this as I am.

On second thought.... how about a drink to celebrate?
    This spot, and a place in my heart, is reserved for TC.

jaymo is offline MotownSports Fan

Thread iz 12 monz too laet
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

Antrat is offline MotownSports Fan

My only fear is that Karma is a member of MTS, she sees this thread and lets the Twins beat the Tigers every time this year.

DaYooperASBDT is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Careful - they might move back to the Metrodome. Even if karma doesn't exist why press our luck LOL.
    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Casey Crosby
    These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... Morons.
    VT

True... after celebrating a weak start for the RS that's when the Tigers offense decided to go bye-bye....

davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Antrat View Post
    I thought that a thread should be made that celebrates the demise of the Minnesota Twins.
    They can't pitch, they can't hit and they just all-around suck kitty balls.
    They have caused me more misery than any other team over the last 30-plus years of watching baseball.
    I wish nothing but the worst for them and their fans.
    Couldn't agree more. It all started in 1987 and have disliked them more than the White Sox and Indians combined!

Walt is offline MotownSports Fan

I am very much enjoying this. I went to a tap house near target field last week, and ran into a bunch of my colleagues going to the game against the Royals. When they asked me if i was going to the game, I kindly replied that I don't watch minor league baseball. I still have 2.5 years of **** talking to make up for.
    I really want marriage to be redefined as 1 man, 46 women, 13 lemons, 4 donkeys, 1 gold star sticker, a cup of coffee, a rhinoceros, and a Taco Bell gift certificate. -Pfife
    Forgetting the tangerine is a rookie mistake. -Mr Bigglesworth
    AAT: AlAl, the wildcard

smr-nj is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

^^^ haha!!
    That's a great comeback.
    Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan

The only other team that comes close for me personally is the Packers. I was never really into the whole Colorado/Detroit thing in Hockey and when the Pistons were good noone touched us and when we sucked everyone smoked us, but the twinks and the Pack beat us when we are good and bad...or at least USED to beat us either way....seems like the tide may be turning for both teams....If we sweep the pack this year I am going to make this thread for the Lions as well.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    The only other team that comes close for me personally is the Packers. I was never really into the whole Colorado/Detroit thing in Hockey and when the Pistons were good noone touched us and when we sucked everyone smoked us, but the twinks and the Pack beat us when we are good and bad...or at least USED to beat us either way....seems like the tide may be turning for both teams....If we sweep the pack this year I am going to make this thread for the Lions as well.
    (emphasis mine)

Did you not follow the Wings in the mid-nineties? Hell, I got into fights about that rivalry in Hawaii.
    I really want marriage to be redefined as 1 man, 46 women, 13 lemons, 4 donkeys, 1 gold star sticker, a cup of coffee, a rhinoceros, and a Taco Bell gift certificate. -Pfife

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    (emphasis mine)

Did you not follow the Wings in the mid-nineties? Hell, I got into fights about that rivalry in Hawaii.
    I was born into a hockey family...so yes I watched and followed; very closely, the events surrounding the Red Wings from as early as the early 80's.

I have never been in a fight over sports....I have come close though.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    I was born into a hockey family...so yes I watched and followed; very closely, the events surrounding the Red Wings from as early as the early 80's.

I have never been in a fight over sports....I have come close though.
    How could you not hate the Av's then? If you tell me that you never bore any ill-will against Claude Lemieux, I am going back to thinking your are a fictitious poster created by a former member for trolling purposes.

How could you not hate the Av's then? If you tell me that you never bore any ill-will against Claude Lemieux, I am going back to thinking your are a fictitious poster created by a former member for trolling purposes.
    sigh....not THIS again. I am not a troll nor am I a past member. Claude Lemeaux was a db before he checked Drapes into the boards. I hated him before it and hated him after it. The Av's were alright for about 5-6 years...they cannot hold our jocks....I do not get mad about it. The Wings went on to win a couple cups since that whole bru hah...now the Tigers on the other hand have been getting their collective butts handed to them from the twinks for the better paret of 10 years...the Tigers (on paper) better than the Twinks...too bad the Twinks win. The Tigers 6 games up with like 9 to play (or whatever it was) too bad the Twinks catch us and win a 13 inning one game playoff.

At the time it was a memorable rivalry, but it was short lived. Colorado is not in the same class as Detroit. I get heated up over rivalries when the other team consistently hands it to us...which is what the Twinks have been doing for too long. WAY too long IMO.

As some of you might already know, I started hating the Twins in '87 because of whistles. Without those I would have still felt like I'd had my stomach kicked in, but I would have at least been able to grudgingly congratulate the Twins. I'd stop short of being happy for them, of course. ;)

I looked at the Twinks record and came on to make a thread titled 'The lol at the Twinks are 10-24 thread' just so I could post an lol.

Instead I decided to bump this thread in the interest of keeping the clutter down.

So..

lol

I think that playing the Twins is what the Tigers need to get some of their swagger back. Or at least lighten the mood in the clubhouse, because that team is humorous.

CapitalTigers is offline MotownSports Fan

I am very much enjoying this. I went to a tap house near target field last week, and ran into a bunch of my colleagues going to the game against the Royals. When they asked me if i was going to the game, I kindly replied that I don't watch minor league baseball. I still have 2.5 years of **** talking to make up for.
    Speaking of the Minnesota Twins, my Wife and I are flying out for the weekend series at the end of May to catch a couple of the games. You mention a 'tap house'... was it good? Always looking for pre-game microbrew(ery) to enjoy!

Also, we have tickets to one game and we were thinking of buying from someone locally when we get there instead of going through Twins website, since they are horrible right now I'd assume below face value tickets would be easy to get. Any one ever have experience near this at Target Field?

What was your experience like at Target Field?
    Last edited by CapitalTigers; 05-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    I like a man who grins when he fights--- Sir Winston Churchill.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

I kindly replied that I don't watch minor league baseball.
    I wish I could buy you a drink for this.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalTigers View Post
    Speaking of the Minnesota Twins, my Wife and I are flying out for the weekend series at the end of May to catch a couple of the games. You mention a 'tap house'... was it good? Always looking for pre-game microbrew(ery) to enjoy!

Also, we have tickets to one game and we were thinking of buying from someone locally when we get there instead of going through Twins website, since they are horrible right now I'd assume below face value tickets would be easy to get. Any one ever have experience near this at Target Field?

What was your experience like at Target Field?
    I have not actually been to Target Field yet. I will be going to my first games there later this month as well. I have a 9 month old, and I am in grad school, so I have not had either the time or money to get down there yet. I now have recently graduated friends that get corporate tickets for free, so I am going.

I was referring to the Fulton Brewery. The usually have the Gastrotruck parked outside too. Street food is making quite the comeback, here at least. Decent price (not good) for good quality (not quantity).

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    I wish I could buy you a drink for this.
    Me too.

The remark was reward enough, especially since it was made to a guy that works in the next lab over, and has been insufferable since I got out here in June 2008.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

If I ever make it to a moron meetup, and you're there, the first drink is on me!
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    If I ever make it to a moron meetup, and you're there, the first drink is on me!
    You got it.

Mehm is offline MotownSports Fan

Call me bad Tigers fan, but I like the Twins....or respect them is a better word. I can't hate them for the Tigers blowing it.

DaYooperASBDT is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Antrat with the ***** like karma.
    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Casey Crosby
    These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... Morons.
    VT