All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think for Ross and Moore they were hoping to go the Fiers route. Bide some time early in the season if not the whole season while the young arms were developing in the minors. Maybe Ross and Moore could get flipped for lottery tickets. Probably the same with Mercer. Didn't want to peg Goodrum down to one position. Clearly Rodriguez isn't a SS. Beckham doesn't quite have the arm to do it everyday. Neither Castro was ready. I mean, you can say none of them should have been offered $2M, but then Ross, Moore, and Mercer become more attractive / palatable to other teams at $2M.
  3. How does this work? Does Putin mail her a check, money gram, or direct deposit in her bank account? Does he have phone contact to tell her what to do, or do they have a super secret decoder ring? Honest question. And how could this happen anyway? Wouldn't the congressional ethics (or one of those oversight type groups) committee be all over this since it's so widely known?
  4. Facebook launches a new cryptocurrency called Libra - CNBC
  5. Sonny was right, nobody cares...........the working man is a sucker. It's better to be feared than loved - fear lasts longer. If she doesn't lean over and unlock that door for you, dump her.
  6. Maybe not truly an overpay but an organization focused solely on $$ would have used a MLB minimum player.
  7. Today's Tiger birthdays (6/18): Matt Moore (30).
  8. Simmons was the guy to draft there, but the bottom line is he is the only guy in that range of the draft that is a highly effective MLB player. Bonus is they would not have acquire Iglesias if Simmons is in their system -> probably retain Suarez and move him to 3B.
  9. Nick will blame his "situation" and the Tigers of course.
  10. Today
  11. Big fan of Primanti Bros but I can get that in Novi. That said, I forgot they put one there and have not been yet. Maybe tonight.
  12. I'm not sure how Harrison was an overpay. $2M to be a place holder on a rebuilding team? Honestly, I understand none of the 4 signed this offseason were awe inspiring, but I think they were deals that had merit at the time.
  13. I-75 hasn't been the same since big butter Jesus died.
  14. I like Cincinatti because when we drive to TN it means we're done with Ohio. Although coming back it sucks donkey balls...
  15. The only civic rivals Detroit has are the two bigger cities of Chicago and Toronto and the megalopolis of New York. Because Detroit is all about punching up out of hate at the places which think they are better than us. Washington, DC is too much of a weird place to fit any such model.
  16. Texas could move Mazara to LF, Gallo to 1B, and Castellano to RF which would effectively replace current 1B Ronald Guzman. Cleveland needs to make a move now while they have Lindor. I don't think going for a wild card spot makes sense, but they could make some rationale of it by going after Greene as well whom they could have for another season. Plus, Castellanos comes off of the books after this season, so they aren't tied into him long term if they don't want him long term.
  17. Castellanos has put up a career 4.9 WAR per bbref (wow, didn't realize it was that low. 2nd round picks include Jedd Gyorko (59th overall, 10.9 WAR), Andrelton Simmons (70th, 35.9 WAR), and Derek Dietrich (79th, 6.4 WAR). Goodrum in the round as well (71st, 1.8 WAR). 3rd round picks include Addison Reed (95th, 6.1 WAR), and JT Realmuto (104th, 15.7 WAR). 4th round picks include Sam Dyson (126th, 5.1 WAR), James Paxton (132nd, 11.3 WAR), and Eddie Rosario (135th, 10.1 WAR). But this is all hindsight and not necessarily indicative of "botching the pick". That frame of reference needs to back in time to the draft.
  18. Sure, its a part of the equation.
  19. It's almost as if teams valued the comp pick, which effectively lowered the market value for those players.
  20. Their demands exceeded the market for their services. They signed after the draft because it got to the point where teams were willing to wait it out. Had their demands been more in line with what teams were willing to offer (say 4 year deals), they'd have been signed.
  1. Load more activity