All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No, I support listening to people's logic before labeling them. After hearing him and others talk about it, I agree with Paul- I don't support signing off on unending, unknown spending until 2092 with no cap without some sort of discussion about fiscal restraint happens. There's a way to pass this for a number of years and then revisit it again. That takes care of them without a never ending, out of control cost. That won't happen though- his amendment is going to get voted down anyway and the bill will pass as is.
  3. A 4th round pick, a #25 and a #23.
  4. He does it on every bill that comes forward, not just this one. You act like this is the only one he's ever raised the deficit issue on. He literally does it all the time.
  5. Rasmussen is the only poller of likely voters, which are really the only ones that matter. They have his job performance approval at 50%. If he's at 50% with likely voters now, there very well could be a destruction...but for the republicans.
  6. I want a flashy win. The only way to really beat the Trumpers is for Trump to get destroyed. I am not expecting it though.
  7. History suggests that we are straightening Rosenthal out so he can return to his previous All Star form on another team
  8. it is a terrible team, but you have to put someone on the field and that is who they got. They need power bats, and pitchers - both starters and relievers. Starting pitching is in the pipeline. You can trade Boyd for a bat, but it probably won't help net results wise until '21 when more of the pitching gets there. And the BP is really a mess. I don't see a lot of obvious BP arms in the system. If Rosenthal straightens out, he and Greene would be a good start, but they seem intent to trade Greene and Rosenthal is on a one year deal so they are as close to ground zero as not on the BP.
  9. Maybe Robson or Cameron are ready by next spring?
  10. Goodrum getting regular at bats makes no sense to me.
  11. Hillary lost Florida by 1%, Obama won it twice, Gore lost it by 500 votes, it's definitely in play. Michigan was won by only 10,000 votes. There were over 70,000 fewer votes from Wayne County in 2016 vs 2012. It's all about turnout.
  12. You're right...we need to get guys like Bellinger, Yelich and Trout on this team ASAP
  13. If the Tigers released Miggy, do you think he’d walk away with his remaining guaranteed contract or try and hang on with another team? This has to be embarrassing for him. Maybe he believes that if he was hitting in a lineup with better protection, he would be like his old self.
  14. So if that were your team, you would try to lose 100 games? Because that roster looks alot like a terrible team.
  15. Florida too. Be interesting to know what their intentions polling tells them.
  16. And Mike Trout. And Vlad, Jr. Avila has turned down every young star in baseball at one time or another.
  17. This is a wildly horrible take. The Dems need to spend a lot of time in the Rust Belt, no question, but Arizona is arguably as marginal as Wisconsin. And they need backup in case Wisconsin (which is probably the most tenuous of the Blue Wall states) keeps trending more Republican
  18. Nothing but back ups on other teams. Terrible. Gardy is going to stroke out.
  19. 1. I could see a marginal amount voting for him, but it would primarily come McMullin/Third Party votes, not those who voted for Clinton in 2016. 2. This group is a sizable chunk of Trump's 2016 cohort. Especially in suburban areas, where the bottom could potentially fall put even further in 2020. In my suburban area, I know a handful of folks in my day-to-day that arent voting for him again. I'm guessing they aren't alone. 3. Comparing 2014 Midterm turnout to 2018 Midterm turnout, the 2018 Midterm turnout amongst younger voters is probably a leading indicator that young voter turnout (as well as AA/Hispanic turnout) will probably he higher to some degree in 2020 as compared to 2016. It will be interesting to see how it evolves as we know who the Dems nominate. Trump is probably at a 50% or better chance of winning, but there's a good amount of ways things could go wrong for him as well
  20. That was the rumor, not last year tho, June 2017.
  21. Kieboom for Shane Greene is beyond comical. Is it true that Avila turned down Cease, Jimenez, and others for Fulmer last year?
  22. Miggy is quickly becoming the Tiger's answer to the Pistons Oliver MIller or the Lions Scott Mitchell...fat guys who suck but think they're stars. Assuming he doesn't get in shape in the off season, I'd advise his agent to see if he can find anyone who might be willing to take on some of his contract. Otherwise..just DFA the slob and put Lugo at 3rd and Candelario at 1B
  23. Today
  24. If it were my team for next yr just looking at the current roster I'd go with: Niko, Jones, Reyes in the OF Candelario, Castro, Castro, Cabrera around the IF. Let Miguel play first until he has to be DL'd. Maybe the best way to get him out of the line-up. Rogers.Greiner catch Stewart DH's Spend whatever limited budget is allotted for the season on mid level BP pieces. Contingent on what they get back from any trades.
  25. Well, for a minor character, he had some great lines and was the perfect foil for Larry David.
  1. Load more activity