All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nick has (had?) a hotter mom. Need an up to date picture.
  3. Garcia is better at bedding players’ wives.
  4. Was/is Garcia significantly better than Castellanos, if better at all? Either swap for Iglesias was a fair deal with modest return. Are you arguing they shouldn't have let Iglesias walk? Independent of that, it is hard to trade a player when there isn't a market for the player.
  5. no - I'm just trying to put my ducks in a straighter row.
  6. I agree with this. Are we somehow in dispute?
  7. My point is more about resource management. Regardless of how we got either of them, on the date when we traded Garcia for Iglesias the word was the Sox would have taken either but we valued Nick higher. So at that point those players were both objectively worth a value we can call one "Iggy" on the open market. Once Nick walks to complete the ledger we will have a zero where we should have 5-6 WAR of roster value. Whether it's because you don't evaluate your talent correctly, don't develop it to its best potential, fail to trade it for what it's worth, or destroy a players market value mishandling him, if you consistently lose or destroy roster value you are going to have a bad team, and the Tiger have just been too good at it.
  8. Working through some computer configuration issues at work and I’m on a blank slate machine. All the ads I see on this page (not logged in) are for some site called “Conservative Buzz” which are pushing jive *** narratives about persecution of Trump by Mueller. Adblock is so nice
  9. Regarding botching the Nick pick, whom should they have drafted with that pick? I haven't looked, so maybe they did. My guess is there are only a few guys drafted after him that had a significantly better career.
  10. And their brief period of success was kind of fluky. It was heavily dependent on a historic bullpen. And now they are tanking again.
  11. Since when is the standard for a supplemental pick that the player be a guy you build your future on? If that is what should be expected, by all means, give the man a QO. That supplemental pick will be transformational.
  12. Nearly every championship team since 1900-2019? So that was the Yankees' secret?
  13. No to all those questions. Still a successful comp round pick though.
  14. Bottom line is, the Tigers botched on Nick. They quite possibly botched on drafting him, and they definitely botched on developing him. But the news ain't all bad: at least he has enough money to live on for the rest of his life. That's something, right?
  15. Baseball Reference has Nick at 5 WAR, but OK: let's say 8. That's in his first, what, six seasons, roughly? That puts Nick on the level of Ben Revere, Cesar Hernandez, Alcides Escobar ... and Jordy Mercer. This is a guy to build your future on? Or a guy a contending team is going to pay for with legitimate prospects? Because those are the questions at hand regarding Nick.
  16. I can't disagree with you more vehemently.
  17. If Chadd had only said Castellanos would be a better version of Eric Munson I would feel better about our drafting process.
  18. Having lived through Greisinger, Anderson, Baugh and Sleeth, who were all first round no-brainers that blew up, I tend to be in the paranoid camp re: Mize and Perez.
  19. I’m not even sure what we are arguing about right now, but I will say with confidence that I feel strongly one way or the other.
  20. yes, but he was a supplemental because of his salary demands. He was projected much higher. I still think Nick was a good draft pick and did provide some value. I also don't think he's as bad as he's been this year--baseball is a mental sport and I think the uncertainty might be impacting his performance. I do hope he can go on a Justin Upton-esque hot streak to help our fortunes, as well as his own. but, in summation, there is zero chance the Tigers offer him the QO.
  21. Nick delivered far more value than should have been expected for where he was picked and paid in bonus. And, remember, I hate Nick. Nick being drafted and receiving bonus he was paid isn't the problem. It is all the guys they missed on.
  22. A supplemental round pick reaching the majors and producing 8+ WAR is an objectively good pick.
  23. yup - anyone can lose enough to get better. The trick is to do what StL does.
  24. Doesn't count silly, those weren't white male people. They are the only ones who can truly suffer.
  25. You're right. It's merely one of the hills in the range.
  1. Load more activity