All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2017-18 Prediction Thread

The Pistons have a better chance of winning the finals than the lottery? I s'pose there is probably reasonable math behind it, and really, it ain't likely at all that either will happen. Just seems odd to think that this collection is closer to a title than a rebuild situation. Or my perception doesn't reflect reality. Or.... I don't know what any of it means.
  3. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The party that runs the country has said repeatedly they hate government, and I continue to contend the shutdown is exactly what they want.
  4. Alex Wilson for Jurickson Profar

This is the ******* truth.
  5. 2017-18 Prediction Thread

Nice work. Pistons 0-4 since this.
  6. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The government shutdown this weekend is the first time a true, honest-to-God shutdown has happened with a single party controlling the White House and Congress. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/19/16911148/government-shutdown-unified-control
  7. BECAUSE Not Caldwell, So Then Who?

Not if you're the QB Coach.
  8. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Distract and distort. Always a good campaign strategy. But it's not campaign season. It must just be the inept GOP policy in effect. Seen enough people? https://www.needtoimpeach.com
  9. Gun Legislation, Crime and Events

I don't get the conspiracy. Is there a benefit to LV to have it only be one shooter? Is Columbine worse than Va Tech because it was 2 shooters? Is this how people would think? "There was a shooting in LV; I will still go to LV in the future because there was only one shooter, but if I found out there were 2 (or 3) shooters, I would not go to LV in the future."
  10. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

For sure! Keep the energy up. The marches today are hopeful.
  11. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Right, and the timing of the education is also a key component here. D can't just sit back and expect that everyone who have heightened awareness today will motivated to sprint to the polls in November, the way that early January returns indicate. D need a smart, timely communications strategy that runs all the way up to Election Day to maximize their chances.
  12. Today
  13. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

At the end of the day, this is what happens when a government operates without compromise.
  14. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The President is not a helpless actor here. And I think the American people know that. I would also gather that, outside of the TRUMP base, I suspect that the majority reject the premise that this is about "illegal immigrants over the budget".
  15. 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Though I don’t know anything about prospects, I agree that Quinn will spend his first round pick on the DL. Unless a premium edge rusher slips, or he decides to trade, I think the most value at the #20 slot will be at the DT position. Patricia will have something to say also. I note that his defense has four DTs listed over 300 lbs, average about 325. The Lions only have Robinson (listed about 325) and Spence (listed about 305) if Ngata doesn’t come back. Vea is a big guy.
  16. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Mixed bag. 4. Data du jour: Trump Year 1
  17. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Well, at least we now know that stanpapi is at least 45 years old. 2. Younger Rs want Trump alternative Data: SurveyMonkey poll, Jan. 10 to 11; Chart: Lazaro Gamio / Axios One year since President Trump's inauguration, a majority of Republicans under age 45 want an alternative in 2020, according to an Axios/SurveyMonkey poll: Most Republicans under 25 want the president to face a primary challenge. Share the visual.
  18. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The people are tried of the schtick, so ... they voted for more of it? Solid illogic, my man. Otherwise, I agree with you about how the optics might potentially play in the election. The Trump base is lost to them no matter what, so It's up to D to educate everyone else on the real story, such as this, and then motivate the rest of us to get to the polls in enough numbers to overcome the efforts of the various Republican state legislatures to prevent us from voting in the first place.
  19. BECAUSE Not Caldwell, So Then Who?

For my money, the key behind the scenes detail is how in the heck Ron Prince kept his job as OL coach in spite of four years of abject failure. It clearly says a lot about Quinn’s evaluation of the staff that Prince was the only coach fired along with Caldwell. Perhaps a part of Caldwell’s downfall, in Quinn’s eyes, was being too patient with Prince and his failures show any progress with the OL after three draft picks, two high profile free agents (and others of low profile), and trades for Robinson and Kouandjio. In any event, I will never believe in a million years that Quinn is forcing Patricia to keep certain coaches on staff. And I will never believe in a million years that Quinn and Patricia haven’t already been talking behind the scenes about staffing questions. They come from the same tree, and if their relationship works, it will be because they see things the same way most of the time, and are right most of the time.
  20. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

That's true. It doesn't matter from a campaign perspective, though. From a campaign perspective, it's all about the imagery of what the dems are doing- they are willing to jeopardize the functioning of the country for people who are here illegally. Just like the mayors in California who are willing to go to jail for violating federal law. A year later, and some people are still dim on this key point. Trump is president because people were flat out tired of this kind of schtick.
  21. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

I agree that Republicans should destroy Democrats come 2018. The GOP machine is nearly unstoppable.
  22. POTUS Impeachment Watch

It's not Twitter's fault the GOP has been destroyed by the Russians. It's the fault of all of the blind followers who were fooled by a foreign government. Take it away, Stanley.
  23. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

OH, the irony. It is delicious.
  24. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

That's cool for you because campaign ads don't have to be true. Because the truth is, even though technically the paychecks could stop as of February 1, Trump can authorize their paychecks beyond that—the way Obama did the last time the Republicans forced a shutdown of the government. So if the troops have to continue on without getting paid, it is 100% on Trump and/or Congress which, the last I checked, was being led by Republicans. But don't take just my word for it. Take Star and Stripes' word for it. Unless they're part of the liberal MSM as well? In which case, you will disregard. Here's what we know about how a government shutdown would affect the military, DoD civilians and veterans What about the military? A federal statute, the Antideficiency Act, generally bars agencies from spending money that Congress and the president have not appropriated. But the law has big exceptions, notably for military and intelligence operations, national security, and emergencies involving "the safety of human life or the protection of property." President Donald Trump and the Defense Department would have broad authority to keep running whatever military operations they deemed necessary. All active-duty military personnel would keep working in the event of a shutdown. They would be paid up to Feb. 1, and then continue on the job without getting paid until the shutdown ended or until Congress and the president agreed to cover their costs before it ended. The last time the government shut down, in 2013, the military remained on the job and legislation to pay service members during the shutdown was signed by President Barack Obama. The same legislation, called the Pay Our Military Act, was used to bring back nearly 350,000 of the 800,000 civilian personnel who had been furloughed by the Defense Department. Because it was unable to pay death benefits to the families of soldiers killed in action, the Pentagon also contracted with a charity that footed those costs until the government could reimburse it. Ultimately, it's up to Trump to decide who stays on the job and who goes during a shutdown, said Stan Collender, an expert on the federal budget at Qorvis MSLGroup.
  25. The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The government shutdown will be an issue in the campaign on some level. But there will be bigger bigger picture issues for dems. Like the fact that they cast their votes against our economy and and for people who break the law. Oh, and then there will of course be the scandals and ethics issues that will come to light...
  1. Load more activity