hueytaxi is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Tigers Fantasy Camp, Wk 1

Beautiful day for a game or 6. We had a base hit by a one armed man, a 1st baseman in a wheelchair and I don't think I saw a single former player break into a run. Some of the worst baseball imaginable....but it was in a ballpark and the players were wearing the Old English D.

Craig Monroe made his first Fantasy Camp

And of course Jon Warden was there showing his new haircut

A few more at Flickr: 2013 Fantasy Camp 1 - a set on Flickr
    Live your life for what it can be and not for what it was.

MMXIV AAT: KYLE RYAN; MMXV AAT: TBD
    VT

We had a very low attendance today and the main reason was access. The city blocked off the main entrance and diverted traffic into the complex from the streets to the South and the North. The stadium staff had no control of this and I was told the city wanted to do the same for ST. Ron Myers let me know he was objecting to any such plan. He was also quite optimistic about the planning for stadium renewal. We talked about the $5 for BP and i could tell he was disappointed in some of the negative reactions, I like the idea myself though I wish more of the area was open for those wanting autographs.

VT

Dirk Diggler is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hueytaxi View Post
    We talked about the $5 for BP and i could tell he was disappointed in some of the negative reactions, I like the idea myself though I wish more of the area was open for those wanting autographs.
    I'm neutral to the idea. Nobody could watch in the past, so it's not like they are charging for something that was free before. With that said, part of the lure of BP is for people that don't have seats along the field having the opportunity to go down low to try for autographs and interact with players. Pushing people to the outfield kind of kills that.
    Adopt-a-Tiger: 08' Lucas French, 09' Andrew Oliver 1-0 vs NCAA, 10' Daniel Fields

Adopt-a-Lion: 08' Dan Orlovsky, 09' Jeff Backus

Antrat is offline MotownSports Fan

I can see both sides. The players probably like to take some time for batting practice without the distraction of having people shout at you for autographs.
    My neighbor thinks I'm following or even stalking her, she is worried that I may be obsessed with her and any time she hears a noise in her house she is...purified? Oh, wait: petrified. Sorry, it's not easy reading a diary through binoculars from a tree.

DaYooperASBDT is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I could solve that whole autograph issue easily. One autograph per person, period. Anyone caught
    trying to avoid that rule will be asked to leave. And you could further limit it to kids only.
    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Casey Crosby
    These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... Morons.
    VT

DaYooperASBDT is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

We had a very low attendance today and the main reason was access. The city blocked off the main entrance and diverted traffic into the complex from the streets to the South and the North. The stadium staff had no control of this and I was told the city wanted to do the same for ST.
    That's some pure government genius right there, pardnuh. The city should be looking for ways to attact more people to their ballpark and, if anything. Here's a novel idea, build a new road maybe?
    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Casey Crosby
    These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... Morons.
    VT

For those who have visited Lakeland, Pigfest is a huge deal and traffic backs up more than a mile on the main four lane going by the ball park Cars will be parked even down at the lake. It would have been wiser to make the main exit an entrance than to channel entry down two 2 lane streets. On a gameday, 9000 fans fill the parking to saturation. On Pigfest between Friday night and Saturday midday, 30,000 will cram into Tigertown.

VT

DetroitBrooks is offline MotownSports Fan

We had a very low attendance today and the main reason was access. The city blocked off the main entrance and diverted traffic into the complex from the streets to the South and the North. The stadium staff had no control of this and I was told the city wanted to do the same for ST. Ron Myers let me know he was objecting to any such plan. He was also quite optimistic about the planning for stadium renewal. We talked about the $5 for BP and i could tell he was disappointed in some of the negative reactions, I like the idea myself though I wish more of the area was open for those wanting autographs.
    I'm comein in on friday to go to the fantasy game on saturday is there anywhere to park or can u tell me best place to park? I'm not from area so anu help would be appreciated!

Corky is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

For those who have visited Lakeland, Pigfest is a huge deal and traffic backs up more than a mile on the main four lane going by the ball park Cars will be parked even down at the lake. It would have been wiser to make the main exit an entrance than to channel entry down two 2 lane streets. On a gameday, 9000 fans fill the parking to saturation. On Pigfest between Friday night and Saturday midday, 30,000 will cram into Tigertown.

It is a big event on the BBQ circuit. I want to participate some day but a pretty long trip to get there.
    2014 AAT - Phil Coke

I was thrown out of N.Y.U. my freshman year for cheating on my metaphysics final, you know. I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me. - Alvy Singer

kevy323 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBrooks View Post
    I'm comein in on friday to go to the fantasy game on saturday is there anywhere to park or can u tell me best place to park? I'm not from area so anu help would be appreciated!
    Should be able to park at the main lot.

There should be plenty of parking this weekend. If you come in by the marguee the unpaved parking is on your right and paved is a little farther in front of you. Not sure if the concessions will be open, it was not last week so might want to pick up a drink beforehand. Only the main gate will be open and first come seating anywhere. Lot of chances for autographs.

VT

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    It is a big event on the BBQ circuit. I want to participate some day but a pretty long trip to get there.
    Reading the judging results Tues. I noted that one group won awards in both pro and amateur categories. Most likely incorrect.

VT

DetroitBrooks is offline MotownSports Fan

There should be plenty of parking this weekend. If you come in by the marguee the unpaved parking is on your right and paved is a little farther in front of you. Not sure if the concessions will be open, it was not last week so might want to pick up a drink beforehand. Only the main gate will be open and first come seating anywhere. Lot of chances for autographs.
    Thanks for the info! Yea I'm hopein to get some autographs! I have my cards ready! Have you seen any current tigers there and are they signing? I have a helmet I'm thinkin of bringing that I started a couple years ago that is missing a few sigs....

Thanks for the info! Yea I'm hopein to get some autographs! I have my cards ready! Have you seen any current tigers there and are they signing? I have a helmet I'm thinkin of bringing that I started a couple years ago that is missing a few sigs....
    They will not be inside the stadium Saturday, but on the back fields just to the right of the first base gate. enter the main gate and follow the lane to the back end of the parking lot and look left through the iron fencing. You can walk in through the gate to observe. Big club players come and go from the fields via the sidewalk between the cages and clubhouse.

VT

They will not be inside the stadium Saturday, but on the back fields just to the right of the first base gate. .
    Did I read that correctly? No game in the stadium? That's gonna make it pretty difficult for getting autographs if they are walking from the minor league clubhouse over to the back fields.
    Adopt-a-Tiger: 08' Lucas French, 09' Andrew Oliver 1-0 vs NCAA, 10' Daniel Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Did I read that correctly? No game in the stadium? That's gonna make it pretty difficult for getting autographs if they are walking from the minor league clubhouse over to the back fields.
    Maybe I misunderstood the question, I thought he wanted current players who woulod be on the back fields. As far as i know, the Fantasy Camp game will take place inside.

VT

Maybe I misunderstood the question, I thought he wanted current players who woulod be on the back fields. As far as i know, the Fantasy Camp game will take place inside.
    Oops, I misread it. I missed the "current tigers" part the first time I read it. I was very confused there for a minute. lol

owossotigerfan is offline MotownSports Fan

Grandpa is at this weeks fantasy camp. Patiently waiting for my autographs of some of the 68 tigers on my red, white, and blue tigers hat that I received from the 2012 4th of July game.

Quote Originally Posted by owossotigerfan View Post
    Grandpa is at this weeks fantasy camp. Patiently waiting for my autographs of some of the 68 tigers on my red, white, and blue tigers hat that I received from the 2012 4th of July game.
    Who do I look for, I'kk have my camera with me.

VT

Who do I look for, I'kk have my camera with me.
    sorry was busy with work its over allready. His last name of Michael he is old and has a bad left hand lol

Quote Originally Posted by owossotigerfan View Post
    sorry was busy with work its over allready. His last name of Michael he is old and has a bad left hand lol
    There was an abundance of "bad" shared between the campers and the exTigers. I didn't hear the city of Owasso mentioned in introductions so i figure he lives elsewhere. Sorry I could not help. Rick will provide him some photo memories I'm sure.

VT

Jim Price did the announcing!.

VT

he prolly listed his home town of frankfort mi. by bad left hand i ment he had a very mild stroke stroke about 4 years ago