jaymo is offline MotownSports Fan

Default 2013 Season Ticket Renewals

My season ticket package showed up at MyTigersTickets.

Last year URF Box cost $540 per seat plus a mysterious $20 fee for the entire order.

This year the cost is $600 per seat with no nuisance fee listed. I'm not quite sure how that works since 600 is not divisible by 27 or 28. Maybe premium games are extra this year? Maybe the $20 fee per order has been turned into a fee per ticket?

Has anyone gotten their print materials yet?
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

I got an email later in the day: Season Tickets - index | tigers.com: Tickets Price is not consistent per plan which leads me to believe that the Tigers are charging more for premium games on their balance sheet if not publicly.

Interesting- it might make more tickets publicly available since brokers may no longer find these as profitable. On the other hand it is hard to eat all those Tuesdays in April and September if you can't make it up by getting a great discount on a Saturday in July.
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

dadair6 is offline MotownSports Fan

My 28 game UBR tickets are up $2.20/seat/game based on the lump sum amount on their site. Our full seasons are up $2.15/seat/game. I expected a $2 increase so I'm not surprised. The Fielder signing after last year's invoices went out plus a World Series appearance meant a ticket price increase was coming.

I noticed a couple changes to the exchange policy this year. Now, there is a $1 per ticket fee for exchanges. Additionally, unused April games can be exchanged for 7 predetermined May games. I like having more than one or two available games to choose from. All the other exchange dates are TBD.
    Last edited by dadair6; 12-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    "This is Michigan, for god's sake!"
    -Brady Hoke

Swapping tickets for missed games will cost $1 this year. However, more choices are available for the replacement date. This seems a net plus.

dabeave is offline MotownSports Fan

I have a full season pacckage in the bleachers. The tickets are now $15.48 a ticket average cost for the season, up $2.48 from last season.

mckibbka is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo View Post
    My season ticket package showed up at MyTigersTickets.

Last year URF Box cost $540 per seat plus a mysterious $20 fee for the entire order.

This year the cost is $600 per seat with no nuisance fee listed. I'm not quite sure how that works since 600 is not divisible by 27 or 28. Maybe premium games are extra this year? Maybe the $20 fee per order has been turned into a fee per ticket?

Has anyone gotten their print materials yet?
    On my online invoice, there is still a $25 convenience fee down at the bottom.

You can see all the new pricing arrangements here: Season Tickets - index | tigers.com: Tickets
    2013 AAT: Al Alburquerque
    2012 AAT: MIGUEL CABRERA--MVP and Triple Crown Winner
    VT

Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

I read the terms and conditions and noticed that they said for the playoffs this year, they will notify you after the last playoff game asking if you want a refund.

Booked mine anyway. I like to pay as soon as possible so I can increase my chances of sitting near my seats or in them on opening day.

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

If I was to get a 28 game pack, are there any advantages/disadvantages regarding the fri/sat/sun options that are immediately obvious (like the days of those games).

Also, do you get the same postseason priority and the ability to trade unused tickets for other games as mentioned above?

What sections do you guys buy, and why did you choose your section over more expensive or inexpensive options?
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

I don't think there's any advantage to the game plans other than personal preference to the days of the week. Sundays tend to bring out more kids and families. Plus you get more day games. I like the Friday plan because its' still not quite the weekend. With small kids and such we're always busy on weekends so there's no way I could pull it off. Fridays work best because I still have time to get home, help with dinner, and all that stuff. I think Saturday may bring out more of the "frat boy" element but that's not based on experience, I can't tell you the last time I went to a Saturday game. For what it's worth there's at least 15 groups of people around me that have the same plan for 6 years. I also think the upper deck RF box seats are the best bargain. I prefer quantity over quality and it's a very comfortable area. Concourse is sort of segregated so you don't get a ton of passing traffic. It's the area of seats that starts at 1B and extends down the line to the RF foul pole. For someone interested in getting a ticket package I'd suggest that area.

The website does have a list of the game assignments. I notice the Sat/Sun plans get 2 of the opening Yankee games seeing as the season starts on a Friday. That's really the only advantage, if you call that one. With only 3 plans it's essentially every 3rd game.

I talked with several people in the post season. They put down payments on season tickets for 2013 in exchange for rights to buy 2012 post season tickets. Their reasoning was this: they were willing to pay the market rate of $400 for a World Series Ticket. However if they bought a 15 game regular season plan for 2013, they could buy a World Series ticket for face value around $200. The $200 savings made it a steal, and nearly free 2013 regular season tickets. Assume $20 per ticket x 15 games = $300. Divided by 15 = $6.66 per ticket. That said, I donít know how many people did that.

Based on the excitement, the season ticket holder accounts should rise this year, even with the apparent $2 per ticket price increase, and loss of premium game discount for season ticket holders.

That said I predict the market will be saturated with excess tickets this season, and the secondary market prices should be lower (except opening day, which I would guess to be higher).

I got a voice mail message from the Tigers telling me to be on hte lookout for the invoices to my email account and they indicated paper invoices would not go out this year.

Dirk Diggler is offline MotownSports Fan

Slightly unrelated, but spring training renewals just arrived to the tune of a $5 per ticket increase for my field box seats. :( They are also doing renewals through the Tigers ticketing system, which is new for us.
    Adopt-a-Tiger: 08' Lucas French, 09' Andrew Oliver 1-0 vs NCAA, 10' Daniel Fields

Adopt-a-Lion: 08' Dan Orlovsky, 09' Jeff Backus

I read the "small print" the other day. 41 and 28 games packages are not guaranteed a full playoff strip, but that will be determined after full seasons holders get theirs. Has the wording been like this in the past?
    -Brady Hoke

Quote Originally Posted by dadair6 View Post
    I read the "small print" the other day. 41 and 28 games packages are not guaranteed a full playoff strip, but that will be determined after full seasons holders get theirs. Has the wording been like this in the past?
    yes... I think it was 2008 when they said only mini plan holders from 2006 and prior would get a full strip. But overall they've always had that disclaimer for partial plans.

I did hear today that opening day is not included in 15 game packages.

A guy at work came by to tell me he heard on the radio yesterday either a news update or a bunch of callers complaining that the tigers moved their seats for renewals, due to full season ticket demand. Has anybody else heard anything? Those that did renew, did you verify that you were in the same seats as last year? the fine print does state that only full season ticketholders are guaranteed the same seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    A guy at work came by to tell me he heard on the radio yesterday either a news update or a bunch of callers complaining that the tigers moved their seats for renewals, due to full season ticket demand. Has anybody else heard anything? Those that did renew, did you verify that you were in the same seats as last year? the fine print does state that only full season ticketholders are guaranteed the same seats.
    Just checked mine and they're my normal seats. I opted to pay in full by 12/31 to get the Tiger Club passes. We used them almost exclusively last year because we normally get to the park just before first pitch and using the entrance is easiest for us.
    -Brady Hoke

Before the pricing was announced, I had planned on upgrading my seats from the Bleachers to the Right Field Grandstands. The price difference for 2012 pricing was about $6 per seat ($13 Bleachers vs. $19 Grandstand). The difference in price allowed for a greater chance to catch a homerun ball, and your own seat with a cup holder. A side hope is that there is a season ticket holder banquet each year, but Iíve always been below the threshold to attend (to cheap of seats). We thought perhaps that would get us in that category.

Another motivating factor is that the woman that currently sits next to us always tries to inch our direction on the bench for more room for her. The bleachers donít have separators between seats, just a number stuck to the back. Itís annoying and we want to try to get away from it.

That said with the price increase it is now $10 difference between the average 2012 bleacher ticket price ($13), and the average 2013 Right Field Grandstand seat($23). Depending on whatís available, it may or may not be worth the move. I just want to hear back from my rep, but I know they are very busy this time of year.

All that said, I reached out to our season ticket rep about upgrading our seats back in November and havenít heard back . I know next Wednesday is the cut off day to remit payment. Has anyone else had success with upgrading their seats this year?

roarintiger1 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dabeave View Post
    Before the pricing was announced, I had planned on upgrading my seats from the Bleachers to the Right Field Grandstands. The price difference for 2012 pricing was about $6 per seat ($13 Bleachers vs. $19 Grandstand). The difference in price allowed for a greater chance to catch a homerun ball, and your own seat with a cup holder. A side hope is that there is a season ticket holder banquet each year, but Iíve always been below the threshold to attend (to cheap of seats). We thought perhaps that would get us in that category.

Another motivating factor is that the woman that currently sits next to us always tries to inch our direction on the bench for more room for her. The bleachers donít have separators between seats, just a number stuck to the back. Itís annoying and we want to try to get away from it.

That said with the price increase it is now $10 difference between the average 2012 bleacher ticket price ($13), and the average 2013 Right Field Grandstand seat($23). Depending on whatís available, it may or may not be worth the move. I just want to hear back from my rep, but I know they are very busy this time of year.

All that said, I reached out to our season ticket rep about upgrading our seats back in November and havenít heard back . I know next Wednesday is the cut off day to remit payment. Has anyone else had success with upgrading their seats this year?
    She must not be very good looking...........just sayin'

mckibbka is offline MotownSports Fan

I usually hear back from my ticket rep about 10-15 minutes after I send an e-mail. You may want to call if you haven't heard anything yet. I've checked about three times about upgrading and they don't have much. I'm in section 133 (full season) and am looking to go towards the Terrace actually. Can you speak a little more about the season ticket holder banquet? I haven't ever heard of that. Maybe it's only for On-Deck Circle and Tiger Den???
    2013 AAT: Al Alburquerque
    2012 AAT: MIGUEL CABRERA--MVP and Triple Crown Winner
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by mckibbka View Post
    I usually hear back from my ticket rep about 10-15 minutes after I send an e-mail. You may want to call if you haven't heard anything yet. I've checked about three times about upgrading and they don't have much. I'm in section 133 (full season) and am looking to go towards the Terrace actually. Can you speak a little more about the season ticket holder banquet? I haven't ever heard of that. Maybe it's only for On-Deck Circle and Tiger Den???
    The only "banquet" for all STH I remember was in 2006 or 2007 when hey had a picnic on the field after one of the day games, but they stopped that around 2008 when season ticket sales spiked. They also stopped the STH batting practice for all STH.

Our full season seats are in Upper Infield Box and the only "event" we get now is two tickets to run the bases after a specific day game.
    -Brady Hoke

A couple of years ago, they had an invite for season ticket holders to play catch on the field after a game (weekday day game). My brother and I got some fun photos of us with fake snow cone catches at the top of the left field fence. They let us keep the balls they provided, and gave a hot dog and drink if i remember correctly.

The person I found out about the season ticket holder banquet had tickets in the Mezzanine back in 2006, and mentioned that after that year, they were not invited again. I was curious and asked my season ticket rep in 2008, and they confirmed that there was a banquet, but would not give any specific information as to what was needed to attend. My guess is they have a certain # of guests to attend, and they start with their highest paying season ticket holders first. If you have a full season in the infield box, I guess my chances are not good.

My kids don't want to go Sunday this year and so I tried to find seats I'd like on a Saturday plan. My rep responds quickly, but it is usually just to tell me there is still no availability where I want/can afford to sit.

It's not a big deal. I'll just decide this week whether to stick with Sunday seats I like or take a year or two off. I'm mildly annoyed because either the Tigers or Stubhub changed the menus in the playoffs and before I noticed I ended up with a $200 account credit instead of $200 to Paypal. It looks like I'll need to buy a group of tickets to resell for a July game.
    Last edited by jaymo; 01-20-2013 at 12:02 PM.

A couple of years ago, they had an invite for season ticket holders to play catch on the field after a game (weekday day game). My brother and I got some fun photos of us with fake snow cone catches at the top of the left field fence. They let us keep the balls they provided, and gave a hot dog and drink if i remember correctly.

The person I found out about the season ticket holder banquet had tickets in the Mezzanine back in 2006, and mentioned that after that year, they were not invited again. I was curious and asked my season ticket rep in 2008, and they confirmed that there was a banquet, but would not give any specific information as to what was needed to attend. My guess is they have a certain # of guests to attend, and they start with their highest paying season ticket holders first. If you have a full season in the infield box, I guess my chances are not good.
    It's fun to look at the differences in pricing and bonuses for season ticket plans from team to team on their websites. You can tell where baseball is more popular and where a team has been winning!

Season Tickets - index | tigers.com: Tickets

Here is the link to the updated pricing, with premium games and regular games. Some notes I found.

The skyline tickets went from $5 to $10.

Pricing from regular to premium is a $10 difference for most of the lower level tickets. It's interesting because for On Deck Circle, the difference is price is the same as the Rightfield Grandstand. From $19 to $29 is a 52% price difference in Right Field Grandstand, where from $81 to $71 is a 15% difference for On Deck Cirlce.

The prices are not going to change, but which decisions they made are interesting. It is my opinion that it seems the Tigers are protecting the high end ticket holders, and raising prices for the average fan.

One more sign baseball is around the corner...tickets are being printed. We put in for a fourth seat to go with our other tickets back in December and finally got the call we were able to get it. We have a full season, but also have a single in a Saturday package for my mother in law. That single made it tough to either take somebody with us or try to sell them when she couldn't make it. She's 80 and usually doesn't go to the early/late season games plus those where the weather isn't ideal. Having the fourth should make it easier on us.
    -Brady Hoke

Has anybody talked to their rep regarding MyTigerTickets availability? I went to list some early games on StubHub and the maintenance message is up.
    -Brady Hoke

Has anybody talked to their rep regarding MyTigerTickets availability? I went to list some early games on StubHub and the maintenance message is up.
    Careful. Last year I listed some before the tickets were printed and I had to get box office printed tickets. I didn't make the connection right away, but then I noticed that they hadn't printed the tickets I had put on Stubhub. Once I noticed I had to take those down, let them print them, then relist them.

BTW- I couldn't get the seats I wanted Saturday so I dropped the season plan. (Moving the season after a World Series appearance probably wasn't likely to be successful.) I'm spending the money on another road trip. We'll probably hit the Rangers and the Rays.

Careful. Last year I listed some before the tickets were printed and I had to get box office printed tickets. I didn't make the connection right away, but then I noticed that they hadn't printed the tickets I had put on Stubhub. Once I noticed I had to take those down, let them print them, then relist them.
    Hope that doesn't happen, already sold my Opening Day tickets. My OD tIckets aren't my normal seats and the Stubhub instructions just have me keying in the barcode once I get the tickets.

It just happens we'll be Dallas when the Tigers are there in May so we're going to try to catch the Thursday and possibly Sunday game. The Sunday game moved to the night game and we're not sure we want to stay until Monday.
    Last edited by dadair6; 03-02-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    -Brady Hoke

Hope that doesn't happen, already sold my Opening Day tickets. My OD tIckets aren't my normal seats and the Stubhub instructions just have me keying in the barcode once I get the tickets.

It just happens we'll be Dallas when the Tigers are there in May so we're going to try to catch the Thursday and possibly Sunday game. The Sunday game moved to the night game and we're not sure we want to stay until Monday.
    What you are doing should be fine. I used MyTigersTix to link.

We will probably see Friday and Saturday of the Texas series.

My wife called to say I got a FedEx package today and after that I got a notification from the Tigers....

I got the FedEx tracking number. Tickets should be at the house on Wednesday 8)
    Printed in Calgary.

My wife called to say I got a FedEx package today and after that I got a notification from the Tigers....
    Same here.
    -Brady Hoke

I got my seats for opening day so I am happy happy happy. Looking through prices it looks like they are either 20 or 26 depending on day of week.

I got my seats for opening day so I am happy happy happy. Looking through prices it looks like they are either 20 or 26 depending on day of week.
    The 26 are the premium games, primarily warm weather weekends but also all NYY, BOS, LAA and WAS games.

These are probably the nicest tickets I've seen since I've had seasons. Very classy looking.
    -Brady Hoke

They will require a double take as they indicate which package it is (fri/sat/sun)in the info table along with date of game, type of ticket etc. The real date is right below that.

bugmanson is offline MotownSports Fan

Got my tickets in the mail today.. only bummer is that our opening day tickets are the worse we have had yet and we paid earlier this year then ever before
    AaL '11 - Alphonso Smith / AaL '12 - Corey Williams / AaL '13 - Stephen Tulloch
    AaT '12 - Tyler Stohr / AaT '13 - Jose Alvarez
    AaT '14 Bruce Rondon

Quote Originally Posted by bugmanson View Post
    Got my tickets in the mail today.. only bummer is that our opening day tickets are the worse we have had yet and we paid earlier this year then ever before
    Mine also, but don't forget people who rolled over their 2012 playoff balance technically paid last November.
    -Brady Hoke

There was some interest upthread about MyTigersTickets. It is live. I realize this may be old news.

There was some interest upthread about MyTigersTickets. It is live. I realize this may be old news.
    I waited until it was live to enter the barcodes on my Opening Day tickets based on your earlier post. MTT and StubHub are now integrated to where even if you list tickets outside of MTT and key barcodes, StubHub interfaces back to MTT and inactivates the original barcode. Right after I keyed the barcodes MTT was already updated that they were sold even though I didn't originate the listing in MTT.
    -Brady Hoke