Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by davidsb View Post
    Bert - I appreciate your time commitment to this board. You are first ballot HoFer for sure! (even if you did call Dekalb County home once)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnbuckle View Post
    Only been here a couple of years and lurk more than I contribute, but your threads were a staple of my spring/summer browsing routine. Thank you for all the work you put in, you've been an absolute positive to this forum and one of the reasons to visit during the seasons even when all hope was lost for the Tigers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
    Remember, you can't spell his state without:

I

da

ho!
    Thanks so much, folks. And Yoop, it's been a long time since I've had a burger up there. Hope that will happen again someday.
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan

I think we should have a game day thread show off and let the group decide. Start a thread titled 'Game Day Thread Contest' and if you are interested put up a mock game day thread first page and we all could see and vote for which ones we liked.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Antrat, but I would not be a good person for the job based on the lack of discussion I am getting these days. It seems I am blocked by as many people as I have blocked.

I think it would be fair to have a show off if anyone other than yoda is interested.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

It is too late for others to volunteer. People had a chance and there were no other takers.

Creating game threads over a season is something that is hard to sustain, Yoda has volunteered, and he has proven his reliability through his previous participation.

hueytaxi is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    It is too late for others to volunteer. People had a chance and there were no other takers.

Creating game threads over a season is something that is hard to sustain, Yoda has volunteered, and he has proven his reliability through his previous participation.
    Wonderful choice and I look forward to his artistic talents giving us 170 games of inspiration leading to another championship.
    Live your life for what it can be and not for what it was.

MMXIV AAT: KYLE RYAN
    VT

IZMickey is offline MotownSports Fan

Dear Bert - I had to log in and tip my cap. Thank you for all that you invested over the years. Your efforts were very much for the better. I will also note that your game threads coincided with the resurgence of the Tigers. I wish you that same success now in your personal endeavors. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by IZMickey View Post
    Dear Bert - I had to log in and tip my cap. Thank you for all that you invested over the years. Your efforts were very much for the better. I will also note that your game threads coincided with the resurgence of the Tigers. I wish you that same success now in your personal endeavors. All the best.
    Thanks so much. That means a lot to me.

Antrat is offline MotownSports Fan

Dear, Bert. Your game threads were horrible.

/Trying to reduce his hat size.
    AAT Joe Nathan
    Tigers-Cardinals 2014 WS. Book it.

Biff Mayhem is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IZMickey View Post
    I will also note that your game threads coincided with the resurgence of the Tigers.
    Bert's next mission is to obliterate the Tiger through the D logo as the alternative logo.
    VT Twitter

2014 AAT: Shannon Hogan

Make the world a better place: punch Dustin Pedroia in the face.

So much for democracy.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    So much for democracy.

"This isn't a Democracy."
    AAT Joe Nathan

tiger337 is offline MotownSports Writer

Bert runs a benevolent dictatorship.
    Lee Panas
    detroittigertales.com

"They can use both (old- and new-school statistics)," Cabrera said. "In 2012, we've got to take advantage of all that.

So much for democracy.
    What democracy? Yoda was the only one who stepped up to the plate. He had a very successful run at it a few years ago. I fail to see anyone else volunteering to do nearly 200 game threads over the course of 9 months. It's not an easy task.
    VT Twitter

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I support Yoda as well, there is so much work that goes in to the game threads.

As someone who participates in game threads I would like to offer thanks to Bert for being so timely over the years and giving us cool pictures to look at each and every day.

Best part of this site is game threads.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    I support Yoda as well, there is so much work that goes in to the game threads.

As someone who participates in game threads I would like to offer thanks to Bert for being so timely over the years and giving us cool pictures to look at each and every day.

Best part of this site is game threads.
    No. The Tig Bitties thread is much more awesome.
    AAT Joe Nathan

davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Antrat View Post
    No. The Tig Bitties thread is much more awesome.
    SHHHHHHH! That is a secret thread know only by VIP members. Similiar situation to the Motown Yacht.

The first rule of the Tig Ol Bitties thread and the Motown Yacht is you do not discuss the Tig Ol Bitties thread nor the Motown Yacht.
    VT Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Antrat View Post

"This isn't a Democracy."
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Mayhem View Post
    What democracy? Yoda was the only one who stepped up to the plate. He had a very successful run at it a few years ago. I fail to see anyone else volunteering to do nearly 200 game threads over the course of 9 months. It's not an easy task.
    I didn't think it would be easy and I was not volunteering myself. I just thought it would be cool to have a separate thread about it and give those who may be interested a shot...that person would HAVE to be a regular though...that I agree with 100%. Having the responsibility of doing one EVERY single day basically would be tough and it would have to be a regular. I guess no one else wanted to do it.

I didn't think it would be easy and I was not volunteering myself. I just thought it would be cool to have a separate thread about it and give those who may be interested a shot...that person would HAVE to be a regular though...that I agree with 100%. Having the responsibility of doing one EVERY single day basically would be tough and it would have to be a regular. I guess no one else wanted to do it.
    So what you're saying is that your "so much for democracy" post was bravo sierra. Especially when the first post in this thread reads:

I don't really want to go to the trouble of naming or soliciting an heir apparent. I don't
    think that it is necessary. It's up to you to decide. Maybe people could volunteer to do it
    for a month or so, or a couple weeks? It's up to you to decide. You are grownups.
    VT Twitter

So what you're saying is that your "so much for democracy" post was bravo sierra. Especially when the first post in this thread reads:

I don't really want to go to the trouble of naming or soliciting an heir apparent. I don't
    think that it is necessary. It's up to you to decide. Maybe people could volunteer to do it
    for a month or so, or a couple weeks? It's up to you to decide. You are grownups.
    Negative. I said as much in my first post about it.....how I was not interested. My idea about some form of contest was shot down immediately. I just thought it would be fair for those who MAY be interested to get a shot without naming the popular guy the job.

Yeah the 'It's up to you to decide.' part, seems to fit my position rather nicely.

I was really not trying to ruffle any feathers....if no one else is interested than forget it. I think there may be a couple people out there who are not saying they want to do it because everyone already has said Yoda should do it.

lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

He just doesn't want to have tob take Yoda off of ignore.

In related news, ignore lists are dumb.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

MissouriKaline6 is offline MotownSports Fan

Great work.

Always enjoy the GT's even if I don't post in them.
    2014 AAT: Joba Chamberlin

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lesgoblu02 View Post
    He just doesn't want to have to take Yoda off of ignore.

In related news, ignore lists are dumb.
    I refuse to ignore anyone, I want to read good and bad opinions equally.

TigersSlappy is offline MotownSports Fan

I fail to see anyone else volunteering to do nearly 200 game threads over the course of 9 months. It's not an easy task.
    As someone who performed a similar task elsewhere for a couple years, this is the key phrase.
    2014AAT-Buck Farmer 2013AAT-Mr Ilitch 2013 AAL-Nick Fairley 2012AAL-Willie Young 2012AAT-Dixon Machado 2011AAL-Tom "Killer" Kowalski 2011AAT-Heather Nabozny 2010AAT-Phil Coke 2008&2007AAT-Sergio Collado
    2007AT-AAT-Alan Trammell

FTR it has nothing to do with ignore lists and some peoples obsession about how 'dumb' they are is irritating.

lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Agreed. Imagine if every conversation you ever had, everyone agreed with you. BOOOOOOORING....

And having long ignore lists, just guarantees that this happens IMO.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

I'm the same way.
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

When I saw that this meager thread had grown to almost 70 posts I knew some pissing and moaning had probably occurred. I am glad that some things in life are predictable.

Casimir is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    When I saw that this meager thread had grown to almost 70 posts I knew some pissing and moaning had probably occurred. I am glad that some things in life are predictable.
    It is somewhat like a game thread with some of the banter going on. Well done, sir.

Binge!!!!
    AAT Joe Nathan

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

FIRE _______(Insert name here)
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

Congratulations to the Minnesota Twins the 2013 AL Central Division Champs!

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

The only person I'd put on my ignore list is me. Gosh, my posts can get long-winded for no real reason!
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    The only person I'd put on my ignore list is me. Gosh, my posts can get long-winded for no real reason!
    What did you say? I have you on ignore!

Mr. Bigglesworth is offline MotownSports Fan

If nothing else, I suspect I have learned more arguing with someone whose opinion I disagreed with than all other activity I have had on the board combined.

Of course, maybe that is because 80%+ of my activity on this board is arguing.

Bert - thanks for the threads and the girls in Apt 3-G. Absolutely some of the best stuff on the site.

Best of luck in your new job. I am sure you will do great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
    If nothing else, I suspect I have learned more arguing with someone whose opinion I disagreed with than all other activity I have had on the board combined.

Of course, maybe that is because 80%+ of my activity on this board is arguing.
    I'm trying to get better at not fighting my position, but more listening to the other's position in the last couple of years. I used to fight until the death of me on a position when I first came on the board, but now I think I'm more willing to say "Yeah, I was flat out wrong" maybe in a matter of just a few posts. I also have learned that most people come out sounding like they are more extreme or maybe more passionate about a position than they actually may be. Message board discussion certainly is different from face-to-face discussion.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    I also have learned that most people come out sounding like they are more extreme or maybe more passionate about a position than they actually may be. Message board discussion certainly is different from face-to-face discussion.
    To be sure. Anonymity also sometimes brings out the worst in some as well.

And that reminds me to extend my open invitation to have a drink with any poster. Just PM me, and we can set a date/location. I'll buy the first round.

I'm not as big an *** as some think, though probably a little bigger one than I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
    To be sure. Anonymity also sometimes brings out the worst in some as well.
    Actually thinking back to my college days, familiarity created some pretty prickish arguments as well. It's funny thinking back to them. We all knew each other's trigger buttons and would just have fun poking them just to keep someone going. Friends can be brutal to each other for the sake of entertainment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast