Motor City Sonics is offline MotownSports Fan

Default What would it take to get Martin Prado?

What do you think?

Would Rick Porcello be enough?
    World Series or Bust. Guess What? Bust........again.

sabretooth is offline MotownSports Fan

I would definitely trade Porcello for Prado. I don't think the Braves would though.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

2013 AAT: Jim Price

zimm is offline MotownSports Fan

since prado will either play LF or 3b for the braves next year (and the other will be a hole they need to fill from outside the organization), i suspect it will take a starter at both positions to get him. dirks+castellanos? if you want him that badly, i suppose that's how they'd respond.

why would that pitching-rich organization want our young, soon to be pricey, back end of the rotation guy?
    Evil

Originally Posted by CASPER WELLS:
    Don't make me come out to Ferndale and whip your ***, boy.

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

They don't want pitching and they don't want to deal Prado, period. He is a huge part of their plan right now, whether in the OF, where they are thin right now, or taking over for Chipper Jones. They were never going to trade him for Elmon either.

I know they won't get him, but I think he'd be the perfect fit for the Tigers. I don't want Upton because of they'd have to trade to get him and because there must be something wrong if Arizona wants to get rid of him at 25.

I don't want Hamilton. Former heroin user for 7 or 8 years? No way he's gonna hold up that long.

I like Hunter, but I don't think he's ever going to sign here. I have always had the impression he did not like Detroit.

I think Angel Pagan is going to get more money than he's worth.

If they could get Melky cheap for 1 or 2 years, why not take a shot at him.

But Prado is the guy I'd like to see here.

Winter meeting dreaming.

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

The admittedly low chance that Jeff Jones still has a trick or two up his sleeve to improve Porcello probably still makes him worth more to us than the little he would likely bring in trade - unless there is some other org who will offer more because they have a pitching coach who already thinks he knows just how to fix RP who has gotten his GM's ear (sort of like when the White Sox went after EJax because Don Cooper thought he could fix that he was tipping his pitches).
    "Well that's it - you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear" - Rock Man

zimm is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gehringer_2 View Post
    The admittedly low chance that Jeff Jones still has a trick or two up his sleeve to improve Porcello probably still makes him worth more to us than the little he would likely bring in trade - unless there is some other org who will offer more because they have a pitching coach who already thinks he knows just how to fix RP who has gotten his GM's ear (sort of like when the White Sox went after EJax because Don Cooper thought he could fix that he was tipping his pitches).
    the thing that would most easily fix porcello would be the addition of a gold glove SS and another quality IF glove or 2. to be honest, i think he would be a great fit in KC (escobar's bad metrics this year notwithstanding).
    Evil

Originally Posted by CASPER WELLS:
    Don't make me come out to Ferndale and whip your ***, boy.

What would it take to get Casper Wells back?

Walt is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    What would it take to get Casper Wells back?
    Probably not a ton. They don't seem too high on him to me, and are looking for corner OFs in FA.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

Antrat is online now MotownSports Fan

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

"One million dollars!"
    "I'm disabled"

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Probably not a ton. They don't seem too high on him to me, and are looking for corner OFs in FA.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I actually think he'd be a great add for us though. .891 OPS against lefties and a solid fielder. .761 OPS overall outside of Safeco, which is known to kill righty bats. Could be a great value.

Walt is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I actually think he'd be a great add for us though. .891 OPS against lefties and a solid fielder. .761 OPS overall outside of Safeco, which is known to kill righty bats. Could be a great value.
    I don't think that he is a starting corner OF for us, but he would be a decent platoon partner for Dirks.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

Oh I meant as a platoon guy

It's strange but it seems like Brennan Boesch doesn't exist anymore. If he could play close to his potential the Tigers wouldn't need another corner OF really. Seems like everyone around here (including the actual team) as given up on him. I don't know that Garcia comes north with the team from the start.

Just Some Dude is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sonics View Post
    It's strange but it seems like Brennan Boesch doesn't exist anymore. If he could play close to his potential the Tigers wouldn't need another corner OF really. Seems like everyone around here (including the actual team) as given up on him. I don't know that Garcia comes north with the team from the start.
    The only thing Boesch offers is potential power. If he was a + defender it would make him more desirable. As it stands he is pretty worthless so we all right him off as an option. Garcia at least is a good defender with speed. If he can hit for a decent average and add some pop he'll be a very solid player.