max
    max is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Greetings from another Continent, keep the Faith Tigers

Hello I write from the dear old Europe, in Italy, but I'm actually of German descent. I love American Sports though of course the Sport I follow most is Football (Soccer).
    I'm a big Detroit Tigers and Red Wings Fan. One day I hope to be able to visit the States and would like to come straight to Detroit to visit the Comerica Park and the Joe Lewis Arena. It was painful to watch Tigers in these World Series, especially after such a great Series against NY, but hopefully soon the team will have a new closer and other adjustment in other sectors will be also surely done. Keep the Faith lads, it has been a great season, just too many things went the Tigers way in these last 4 games, and somebody big and strong should have been also a bit stronger mentally.....

dadair6 is offline MotownSports Fan

It's amazing how far Tigers fans reach. Sitting behind us at the game last night was a woman from Connecticut and a man from Australia.
    "This is Michigan, for god's sake!"
    -Brady Hoke

Lousluggage is offline MotownSports Fan

Thanks. As a resident of the Eastern US, I'm getting a big reality check in the form of a hurricane named Sandy right now. Hopefully everybody is safe. :)
    This spot, and a place in my heart, is reserved for TC.

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    Hello I write from the dear old Europe, in Italy, but I'm actually of German descent. I love American Sports though of course the Sport I follow most is Football (Soccer).
    I'm a big Detroit Tigers and Red Wings Fan. One day I hope to be able to visit the States and would like to come straight to Detroit to visit the Comerica Park and the Joe Lewis Arena. It was painful to watch Tigers in these World Series, especially after such a great Series against NY, but hopefully soon the team will have a new closer and other adjustment in other sectors will be also surely done. Keep the Faith lads, it has been a great season, just too many things went the Tigers way in these last 4 games, and somebody big and strong should have been also a bit stronger mentally.....
    Thanks for the kind words.....they are scarce around these parts. It is a tough day after yesterday, but I will get over it. They made it further than I expected anyway. I will see them in spring training down in Florida next year.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

max
    max is offline MotownSports Fan

Yes really hope everybody are and will be safe in the Eastern States.... About the Tigers.... yes here in Europe many people know them cos of Tom Selleck in Magnum P.I. always talking about them and this was also the very first time I heard about them and Baseball. About the Red Wings, well they are just great and here in Europe especially Central and Northern Europe Hockey is quiet popular... and surely it helped a lot that the NHL chose to start many Seasons here, unfortunately that will never happen in Baseball cos here it's not big enough to make it an interesting option for MLB Club to, very few Stadiums would also be unfot for such an event.

Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Cheers max!
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

rhino is offline MotownSports Fan

Welcome Max!
    "If he could have, Guillen would've tried to steal Weaver's girl, scratched Weaver's car, stolen Weaver's lunch and if he had access to a metal folding chair he probably would have tried to hit Weaver with it." -Joe Posnanski

2008 & 2009 AAT: Mike Hessman; 2010 Cory Costo; 2011 Danny Worth

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the board!
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: Josť Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats