Page 33 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 4421
    tiger337 is offline MotownSports Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gehringer_2 View Post
    So does any one know if he has come back from the ankle 100%? Ankles can be death to a SS range.
    That's the question. If so, then I'd prefer him to Peralta. He reportedly was playing good defense for Oakland at the end of the year, but I really don't know. I'm not optimistic about Peralta bouncing back next year either.
    Lee Panas
    detroittigertales.com

"They can use both (old- and new-school statistics)," Cabrera said. "In 2012, we've got to take advantage of all that.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gehringer_2 View Post
    So does any one know if he has come back from the ankle 100%? Ankles can be death to a SS range.
    I know during the playoffs they talked about how he felt close to 100% by the end of the season. I am sure with an off-season and spring training he would be fine. But you're right, ankle injuries can be a nag.

TheCouga is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tiger337 View Post
    That's the question. If so, then I'd prefer him to Peralta. He reportedly was playing good defense for Oakland at the end of the year, but I really don't know. I'm not optimistic about Peralta bouncing back next year either.
    I just feel like Peralta will be one of those "decline early" kind of players. I'm not a huge fan of his plate approach. He's too pull-happy and his pitch selection isn't great. His game works for younger players, but not so well for older ones.

If Drew is healthy, I'd rather bet on him.
    Distribution of wealth is not in any way democratic. It is, in fact, tyrannical, in that a very select few own almost all of it, while most have little to no access. To have a country that prioritizes wealth over individual rights is the antithesis of democracy.

davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

The Detroit Tigers have signed utilityman Matt Tuiasosopo to a minor league contract to provide infield and outfield depth.

Great YouTube first HR prediction:

Mike Blowers Prediction

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

I'll be disappointed if we don't sign drew.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

4hzglory is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
    Gomes is essential.
    Per XM, the Red Sox are nearing a 2 year deal with Gomes.
    Micah 7:7

mutley is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    Also, Fister has 3 more years of arbitration while Scherzer has two and I imagine he will be making a lot less than Scherzer next year so if you believe those two guys to carry about equal value, it would make a lot more sense to trade Scherzer than Fister.
    I wonder what Dombrowski could get from the Blue Jays for Scherzer. D'Arnaud, and Syndergaard plus fodder?

wockenfussy is offline MotownSports Fan

Olney reports in an "Insider Only" article that the Yankees may be scheming to trade Curtis Granderson and pull a Giancarlo Stanton deal. I fall into the camp that prospects are overvalued. I'd consider a deal with the Yankees involving some of our best prospects. I'd love to see an outfield of Granderson, Jackson and Hunter. I'd even consider extending Granderson.

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I wonder what Dombrowski could get from the Blue Jays for Scherzer. D'Arnaud, and Syndergaard plus fodder?
    Scherzer and Peralta for Andrus and Ogando?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Scherzer and Peralta for Andrus and Ogando?
    That would never happen. It's going to take at least both Castellanos and Garcia to get Andrus alone, plus probably a third player. Andrus is a "sell the farm" type of player.
    Last edited by TheCouga; 11-21-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Distribution of wealth is not in any way democratic. It is, in fact, tyrannical, in that a very select few own almost all of it, while most have little to no access. To have a country that prioritizes wealth over individual rights is the antithesis of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by wockenfussy View Post
    Olney reports in an "Insider Only" article that the Yankees may be scheming to trade Curtis Granderson and pull a Giancarlo Stanton deal. I fall into the camp that prospects are overvalued. I'd consider a deal with the Yankees involving some of our best prospects. I'd love to see an outfield of Granderson, Jackson and Hunter. I'd even consider extending Granderson.
    Why would the Marlins want Granderson?

Marlins don't want Granderson. Tigers might.

4hzglory is offline MotownSports Fan

I don't think it would take our best prospects to get Granderson. Nor do I think he really fits into our team as currently constructed. Sad since he was my favorite player, but I wouldn't want him right now.
    Micah 7:7

froggyvk is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TheCouga View Post
    That would never happen. It's going to take at least both Castellanos and Garcia to get Andrus alone, plus probably a third player. Andrus is a "sell the farm" type of player.
    The Rangers have a Major League ready SS already better than Andrus in Jurickson Profar. They are not in position to hold out and wait for a team to offer the farm for Andrus, which wouldn't happen anyway. They're a better team already with Profar replacing Andrus, so they should take what they can for the latter.

Oh...were you suggesting a three way trade?

I don't know that Granderson fits with us, either.

Quote Originally Posted by froggyvk View Post
    The Rangers have a Major League ready SS already better than Andrus in Jurickson Profar. They are not in position to hold out and wait for a team to offer the farm for Andrus, which wouldn't happen anyway. They're a better team already with Profar replacing Andrus, so they should take what they can for the latter.
    Nothing is preventing them from having one play second and one play SS. Plus, Profar might not be full-time MLB ready until 2014.

tiger337 is offline MotownSports Writer

Nothing is preventing them from having one play second and one play SS. Plus, Profar might not be full-time MLB ready until 2014.
    Kinsler is at 2B. They are talking about moving him him to the outfield, but they might not want to do that. It seems like a crowd. I do agree with the part about Profar not necessarily being ready yet.
    Lee Panas
    detroittigertales.com

"They can use both (old- and new-school statistics)," Cabrera said. "In 2012, we've got to take advantage of all that.

EchO is online now MotownSports Fan

Where does Ian Kinsler play then?

Lol, Scherzer isn't selling the farm? I got yelled at on this board last time I suggested this trade because the poster thought Andrus wasn't good enough to trade Scherzer for. I guess I can't win.

To be fair, its debatable both ways, and I do get that. However, I don't agree that you'd have to include top prospects plus a guy who pitched like an ace last year to get Andrus. That's selling the farm plenty already.

Quote Originally Posted by EchO View Post
    Where does Ian Kinsler play then?
    OF, to replace Hamiloton basically. Plus they want to DH Cruz more.

To say he is better than Andrus already is a bit of a stretch. He hasn't taken his job yet and hasn't proven anything at this point. He has potential to be better than him, and soon, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I'd rather not trade Scherzer for Andrus. I would take Scherzer/Peralta (or Scherzer/Drew) over No Scherzer/Andrus. I'm aware I'm probably in the minority here.
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: Josť Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats

Lol, Scherzer isn't selling the farm?
    Scherzer has only two more years left of control, and Andrus plays a premium defensive position very well. I would trade Scherzer for Andrus in a heartbeat if we could. I suppose others could have a different opinion, though.

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Scherzer has only two more years left of control, and Andrus plays a premium defensive position very well. I would trade Scherzer for Andrus in a heartbeat if we could. I suppose others could have a different opinion, though.
    How certain are we the Tigers won't try (or be able) to re-sign/extend Scherzer?
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: Josť Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats

Tim Mitchell is offline MotownSports Fan

Why would we want to trade Max?

Andrus has two years of control left too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mitchell View Post
    I wouldn't say they want to, but he is probably at peak value and extending him may be stuff. If we can extend him, you could arguably give that money to Sanchez(If we can pay Max and Verlander, I definitely don't think we can pay Max,Verlander AND Sanchez), then flip Scherzer for Andrus. You couldn't, on the other hand, keep Scherzer, let Sanchez walk and give that money to a FA SS the caliber of Andrus. Plus you can flip Peralta for some value in this scenario. You have potential to get a better Porcello, and Fister for that matter, with an Infante/Andrus combo up the middle as compared to what we had much of last year with Peralta and Raburn/Santiago or even Peralta and Infante, who didn't seem comfortable when he first came over.

Oh...were you suggesting a three way trade?

I don't know that Granderson fits with us, either.
    I was suggesting the Tigers might have interest in acquiring Granderson, and I think they would benefit. I think he's an improvement in LF over Dirks. It hadn't occurred to me that he might take less than I think to acquire. I think he can help us win now more than Dirks can. And he's incredibly popular among Tiger fans.

I'm not at all concerned if it's a 2 or 3 way trade. Only heard that Yanks might be looking to trade him and seek to (or actually) acquire Stanton.

RatkoVarda is offline MotownSports Fan

Gomes gets 2/$10m from Red Sox.

Andrus has two years of control left too.
    Crap. I did not realize that. I was under the assumption that he was under team control for four more years. I don't know how I got that idea into my head.

That, of course, makes me care far less about acquiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mitchell View Post
    His trade value is probably higher than it will ever be right now. I don't really favor trading him at all, though, because it would open one hole while plugging the other. About the only way I would is if we could get a young, cost/team-controlled, good middle infielder. That is a desperate need for this team moving forward.

I favor keeping Scherzer relatively risk-free for the next two years. I do think he is an injury risk long-term, but since we can give him year-by-year contracts for the next two years, he bears very little downside risk to our payroll. And I think he could be really great and key to this team for the next two years. I'm not sure he will be worth a long-term contract, though. His delivery, shoulder, and high pitch counts worry me.

sabretooth is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RatkoVarda View Post
    Gomes gets 2/$10m from Red Sox.
    I hope tht this doesn't wind up being another forehead-slapper like missing out on Ryan Doumit last year. That is a very reasonable contract for Gomes.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

2013 AAT: Jim Price

His trade value is probably higher than it will ever be right now. I don't really favor trading him at all, though, because it would open one hole while plugging the other. About the only way I would is if we could get a young, cost/team-controlled, good middle infielder. That is a desperate need for this team moving forward.

I favor keeping Scherzer relatively risk-free for the next two years. I do think he is an injury risk long-term, but since we can give him year-by-year contracts for the next two years, he bears very little downside risk to our payroll. And I think he could be really great and key to this team for the next two years. I'm not sure he will be worth a long-term contract, though. His delivery, shoulder, and high pitch counts worry me.
    I appreciate your points here, but IMHO you are trying to thread the needle too finely here. Bottom line to me is that Andrus is a better fit for us right now than Scherzer, provided that we sign Sanchez and can get something of value for Peralta.

Whether Andrus is under control for 2 or 4 years is simply insignificant in terms of the dollars involved in resigning him if we want to in several years. What are we talking about, an extra $2-3 million in 2015 and 2016? That difference in contract status for Andrus shouldn't be the difference in terms of wanting to trade Scherzer or not.

The point is that we need a better SS, Andrus fits the bill, and we are in a position to deal Scherzer, esp. given his age, delivery issues.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

Count me as a skeptic in terms of Drew vs. Peralta. I think Drew could be better in 2013 but overall my guess is that he'd be roughly the same rate-wise but less able to play everyday.

I'm not against getting Drew to replace Peralta, but I doubt that it adds value.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

vannzee is offline MotownSports Fan

I am all for Drew for no other reason then the improved defense. A better shortstop with more range would do wonders for our pitching staff. The injuries are concerning but I think that Peralta is more likely to provide 2012 numbers then what he gave us in 2011. Drew is much more of a boom scenario.
    AAT 2013- SP D. Below 2012- RP R. Weinhardt 2011- CF A. Jackson 2010- SP D. Below 2009- INF Justin Henry 2008- RP Jeremy Johnson
    AAL TE Joe "Happy Feet" Fauria

ROMAD1 is offline MotownSports Fan

Switching gears...was rewatching MLB at bat app highlights of the season... We stunk for a large part of this season. I really think our fans showing up in the interleague games in Cinnci and Chicago saved our season...we were like 5 games under .500 until then.

Also amusing to see the Yankees were 20 games over .500 at that point
    'Whatever happens, we have got
    The Maxim Gun, and they have not.

PuNk42AE is online now MotownSports Fan

This is probably in here somewhere, but I haven't seen it. It's almost a month old.

Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2013: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Tigers (9)

Max Scherzer - $7.5MM
    Rick Porcello - $4.7MM
    Doug Fister - $3.8MM
    Austin Jackson -$3.1MM
    Alex Avila - $2.5MM
    Brennan Boesch - $2.1MM
    Ryan Raburn - $2.1MM
    Phil Coke - $1.7MM
    Don Kelly - $900K
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Tim Mitchell is offline MotownSports Fan

I wouldn't say they want to, but he is probably at peak value and extending him may be stuff. If we can extend him, you could arguably give that money to Sanchez(If we can pay Max and Verlander, I definitely don't think we can pay Max,Verlander AND Sanchez), then flip Scherzer for Andrus. You couldn't, on the other hand, keep Scherzer, let Sanchez walk and give that money to a FA SS the caliber of Andrus. Plus you can flip Peralta for some value in this scenario. You have potential to get a better Porcello, and Fister for that matter, with an Infante/Andrus combo up the middle as compared to what we had much of last year with Peralta and Raburn/Santiago or even Peralta and Infante, who didn't seem comfortable when he first came over.
    Max wont go anywhere.
    Too big a hit for our staff to absorb...wont happen.
    If anyone goes itll be Frederic Porcello.

TigersSlappy is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PuNk42AE View Post
    This is probably in here somewhere, but I haven't seen it. It's almost a month old.

Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2013: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
    Using those numbers I see their payroll at $138M right now then w/o Boesch and w/o Sanchez.
    2014AAT-Buck Farmer 2013AAT-Mr Ilitch 2013 AAL-Nick Fairley 2012AAL-Willie Young 2012AAT-Dixon Machado 2011AAL-Tom "Killer" Kowalski 2011AAT-Heather Nabozny 2010AAT-Phil Coke 2008&2007AAT-Sergio Collado
    2007AT-AAT-Alan Trammell

Page 33 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast