Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DaYooperASBDT is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Kevin Rand is at this moment consulting with Ordonez, to see whether he still thinks he has an Achilles tendon or not.
    2014 Adopt A Tiger: Casey Crosby
    These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... Morons.
    VT

SacBunt is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tiger337 View Post
    If they are trying to decide between two moves it would make sense that they were two different types of moves: DL versus pitcher demotion.
    Agreed, this is the most likely scenario. Right now Robbie is walking by Magg's locker to tell him how bad his ankle looks and that he should take some time off.
    2014 AAT First Steve Lombardozzi Jr., then Alex Gonzalez, then Danny Worth

Gehringer_2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaYooperASBDT View Post
    Kevin Rand is at this moment consulting with Ordonez, to see whether he still thinks he has an Achilles tendon or not.

But maybe Maggs doesn't want to be Hectored about it?
    'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

2014 AAT: WXXXy AXXXXs/Ezequiell Carrera
    2013 AAT: Javier Betancourt

jaymo is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gehringer_2 View Post

Booooo. Booooooooooooooooo! Booo!
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

ballmich is offline MotownSports Fan

Seem to me that they have just been waiting to see how Maggs responds, and will likley put him on the DL unless he shows significant improvement. And if he does, then its probably Weinhardt or maybe Gonzalez.

With Jackson, Raburn, Boesch, Wells, and Kelly, we are okay in the OF for the time being. It's really the plus that Kelly brings, given the flexibility to play a number of positions. And this way, Wells doesn't have to go without any PA's for 10 games at a pop.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Turnbuckle is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
    Since he hit a double yesterday and made a homerun-saving catch, it must be Raburn who is going to get sent down.
    Dammit why did you have to post with a blue font? I thought it was a link stating Raburn was being sent down and I was about to get upset.

SacBunt is offline MotownSports Fan

Will this be a temporary assignment with Perry due back next Wednesday? Beck says the Tigers want Perry back on the first day he's due off the DL, so Alburquerque shouldn't break the lease on his Toledo apartment.
    2014 AAT First Steve Lombardozzi Jr., then Alex Gonzalez, then Danny Worth

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gehringer_2 View Post

lol. Good one.
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: José Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats

TigersFan81371 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    Not to be a stickler but he has one walk!
    You're right. I must've been glancing at some of the other zeros in his stat line.

Nothing wrong with being a stickler. I pointed out a mistake someone else made in a post, so it's only fair that I have one of mine pointed out.
    @MrPaulOzzOslund Model citizen, zero discipline.
    *2014 Adopt-A-Tiger: Harold Castro.
    *All-Time Adopt-A-Tiger: Paul Carey, Bluhm Memorial Detroit Tigers HOF Inductee

Blog Entries

I was looking over Alb's profile in the Tigers' 2011 Information Guide. I see that he was out of action from May 29th to August 1st last year due to migraine headaches. That's the first time in his career that he missed time because of that. I've never suffered from migraines (thankfully), but I know people that have suffered from them on a recurring basis. Is this the kind of thing that we should worry about? Hopefully for young Al's sake, he won't have to deal with that.

irvink is offline MotownSports Fan

OFFICIAL_TIGERS Detroit Tigers
    Tigers have optioned Weinhardt to Toledo. Alburquerque will be recalled prior to tomorrow's game. #tigers

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TigersFan81371 View Post
    I was looking over Alb's profile in the Tigers' 2011 Information Guide. I see that he was out of action from May 29th to August 1st last year due to migraine headaches. That's the first time in his career that he missed time because of that. I've never suffered from migraines (thankfully), but I know people that have suffered from them on a recurring basis. Is this the kind of thing that we should worry about? Hopefully for young Al's sake, he won't have to deal with that.
    If this is the first time he's missed time in his career due to migraines I wouldn't imagine he gets them often. I don't know how frequent adults develop them later in life, but I used to get them a lot more often as a child. Now I get them once a few months here and there thankfully. Hopefully it was just a spell of something else in a few months and it won't happen again.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by irvink View Post
    OFFICIAL_TIGERS Detroit Tigers
    Tigers have optioned Weinhardt to Toledo. Alburquerque will be recalled prior to tomorrow's game. #tigers
    The mysterious irvink.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

pyrotigers is offline MotownSports Fan

And Brad Thomas and Enrique Gonzalez live on once more, when will it end
    Kobernoooooous

sabretooth is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotigers View Post
    And Brad Thomas and Enrique Gonzalez live on once more, when will it end
    It can't; they have created an infinite loop of badness.
    Introibo ad altare Dei

2013 AAT: Jim Price

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    If this is the first time he's missed time in his career due to migraines I wouldn't imagine he gets them often. I don't know how frequent adults develop them later in life, but I used to get them a lot more often as a child. Now I get them once a few months here and there thankfully. Hopefully it was just a spell of something else in a few months and it won't happen again.
    Right on. I'm guessing he'll be OK in the head.

--

Man, would've rather seen Gonzalez or Thomas booted.

Blog Entries

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate, think that Robbie could use more AAA time - he's been pretty hittable in his few MLB innings from last season.
    These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... Morons.
    VT

toadhunter911 is offline MotownSports Fan

Hoping it's either Thomas or Enrique to go when Perry is activated.
    “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NIV84

TigerNation is offline MotownSports Fan

No idea about his migraines, but I had Percy Harvin on my fantasy team, and his migraines caused him to miss quite a few weeks and were always something that had to be accounted for.

Shelton is offline MotownSports Fan

I'll play devil's advocate and suggest that it is not in team's best interest to risk a dfa this early in the season. I feel like both Gonzalez and Thomas do not have options. As bad as they seem, they probably aren't all that much worse than the guys with options like schlereth and weinhardt.

It seems like the terrible two have been bumped from their seventh inning role, so I'm not too upset that they remain.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

jaymo is offline MotownSports Fan

So I'm driving and I hear Dickerson say, "Gonzalez is warming up in the pen."

I naturally say, "****. This had to end now."

Inge homers.

You're welcome.
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate and suggest that it is not in team's best interest to risk a dfa this early in the season. I feel like both Gonzalez and Thomas do not have options. As bad as they seem, they probably aren't all that much worse than the guys with options like schlereth and weinhardt.

It seems like the terrible two have been bumped from their seventh inning role, so I'm not too upset that they remain.
    Enrique might be a decent long man, and Thomas an OK loogy (although Ni might be a better option yet), but yes please keep them away from any "setup" roles. I'll definitely feel a LOT better upon Perry's return. Despite all the venom toward Perry, I see a very young man who was probably our most effective relief pitcher in the 2nd half of 2010 - a fine choice for the 7th inning. Dammit, have to agree with Shelton again.
    VT

pyrotigers is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post

No, they're much worse. Gonzalez had a 0.76 k/bb last year, Brad Thomas has a career ERA near 6 and was out of mlb for years due to his terribleness. Neither of them should be on an MLB roster, and their are multiple free agents and pitchers in the tigers minor league system who are better than them.
    Kobernoooooous

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

So long as Gonzalez and Thomas are not setup guys, I won't hate them, just strongly dislike.
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

Blog Entries

Had to chuckle about this.

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Right-hander Al Alburquerque had to ask directions for the visiting clubhouse at the Oakland Coliseum on Thursday. That was after getting through security, which was tough enough.

"I was not on the list," said Alburquerque, who was called up from Triple-A Toledo for the series opener against the Oakland Athletics. "They had to phone somebody to make sure I was really called up today."

Alburquerque met the team in Detroit on Wednesday for the flight to the West Coast. He was so excited about his first day in the Major Leagues that he arrived at the park six hours before game time.
    Alburquerque wastes no time getting to ballpark | tigers.com: News

Edman85 is offline MotownSports Fan

So many Bugs Bunny Jokes...
    http://tigers-thoughts.blogspot.com
    RIP estrepe... Miss ya bud!

cruzer1 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Did he make a right turn?
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

Walt is offline MotownSports Fan

I am trying to figure out what is the more important stat for A^2 so far, the 2 K's/IP, or only one BB in 8 IPs?
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I am trying to figure out what is the more important stat for A^2 so far, the 2 K's/IP, or only one BB in 8 IPs?
    Has to be the 1 walk. His control has improved. I am curious to see him pitch to see if he can carry over his early season success.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Has to be the 1 walk. His control has improved. I am curious to see him pitch to see if he can carry over his early season success.
    It could be that Minor leaguers were just swinging at stuff out of the zone. I try to not get too excited about these Cruceta-esque guys we always seem to find.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

Blog Entries

It could be that Minor leaguers were just swinging at stuff out of the zone. I try to not get too excited about these Cruceta-esque guys we always seem to find.
    Yeah, difficult to tell why he has success and the limited walks. But maybe he surprises us and becomes a valuable arm. Im not holding out hope, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Yeah, difficult to tell why he has success and the limited walks. But maybe he surprises us and becomes a valuable arm. Im not holding out hope, but it would be a pleasant surprise.
    He is missing bats either way, I just hope he isn't missing the plate too much.

Blog Entries

He is missing bats either way, I just hope he isn't missing the plate too much.
    Im just hoping someone can come in and pitch and be better than Enrique Gonzalez, I would be ok if he never pitched for the Tigers again.

The Truman Show is offline MotownSports Fan

What I imagine happened is that he went to the security and said his name was Alberto Alburquerque and they were straight up like "Yeah nice fake name buddy now get out of here."
    I cohost a terrific AL Central podcast here:http://invertedw.com/
    I tweet here:http://twitter.com/champaigncaviar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edman85 View Post
    So many Bugs Bunny Jokes...
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12