Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jaymo is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Playoff Invoices are out

12 playoff games cost more that 81 regular season!
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

darko31 is offline MotownSports Fan

They have to pay for Magglio's option somehow

pphslmmjmm15 is offline MotownSports Fan

lol, good one.
    2009 AAT- C Angel Flores http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1670262
    "You mess with the best, you go down like the rest" Arturo Gatti

MattP is offline MotownSports Fan

I hate that they're forcing us partial gamers to buy a full strip this year. I was fully prepared and saving towards the 1-game-per-series that they've done the last few years. I realize I'll probably be getting most of it back but a lot of people aren't going to just put up 5 grand like that in this economy. Looks like I won't be buying in.

shaneoirish is offline MotownSports Fan

5 grand!! How much are tickets????
    2009 AAT - Jesus Alvarado, OF
    2010 AAT - Jesus Alvarado, OF
    2011 AAT - Jesus Alvarado, OF

A strip of 12 games in upper reserved is $1216. They are advertised as $810 per seat for the entire regular season (And only cost $405 this year).

I expect the cheap seats go up the most proportionally just for the "being there" cost.
    There are 30 MLB teams so each one should win the World Series on average once every 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by darko31 View Post
    They have to pay for Magglio's option somehow
    I'll consider it a down payment on his 2009 ALCS walk off.

Sports_Freak is offline MotownSports Fan

I saw on the White Sox game last night that they have a promotion going too. Put down a deposit on 2010 season tickets and you get to buy playoff tickets. Did anyone bother telling Hawk that the White Sox will be watching the playoffs on TV? Or do the Sox fans get Tiger playoff tickets?

DET Mr Malefic is offline MotownSports Fan

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MattP View Post
    I hate that they're forcing us partial gamers to buy a full strip this year.
    ?

That's what they did in 2006 isn't it? In fact, there were alot of reasons that I did not renew my package this year (the biggest two being that I moved far far away from Detroit during 2008 and going to games now is much more difficult as Comerica Park is 90 minutes away instead of 10, and that I got another job that pays roughly 60% as much as my previous job), but a major consideration is that one of the main reasons I both started and continued buying a package during lean years was to gain access to priority playoff seating. I was sorely disappointed in 2006 when I discovered that they wanted me to buy a full strip of tickets, which I couldn't afford even with the money I was making then. I ended up going to 4 of the 6 home games (and one away game) during those playoffs thanks to Stub Hub, but it was more thanks to the fact that I could buy tickets on a pay-as-you-go basis and I didn't have to pay for games that might or might not have been played.

I remember being very angry about that policy and it was on my mind when I faced the difficult decision this off-season not to renew.

I never really read the playoff invoices in '07 or '08 other than the price because I was so angry about what happened in 2006. Are you saying that in '07 and/or '08 they offered playoff packages wherein you were not required to purchase full strips in advance?
    Tigers record when in attendance: 2012: 3-2 W1 Home: 1-2, Away 2-0

Tigers record when in attendance: 2011: 6-7 L5 Home: 4-5, Away 2-1, Playoffs Home: 0-1

Oblong is online now MotownSports Fan

How is this different from any other year?

I got a postcard and email saying that on Monday I'd get the link to where I can buy it. Looks like this year instead of assigning seats they are doing it on a first come first served basis.

Quote Originally Posted by DET Mr Malefic View Post
    That's what they did in 2006 isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    From 2006 thru 2008 I was offered 1 game per series, and the seats were assigned to me. I must either a) have a lower seniority than you guys or b) had a lower price point and was offered the lesser option. I actually enjoyed it though, because I'm not making it to all of those games and have no interest in selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Freak View Post
    I saw on the White Sox game last night that they have a promotion going too. Put down a deposit on 2010 season tickets and you get to buy playoff tickets. Did anyone bother telling Hawk that the White Sox will be watching the playoffs on TV? Or do the Sox fans get Tiger playoff tickets?
    I'd hate to see who gets suckered into that. There's a 50/50 chance they'll miss the playoffs and whoops, you're stuck with tickets for next season.

I got a postcard and email saying that on Monday I'd get the link to where I can buy it. Looks like this year instead of assigning seats they are doing it on a first come first served basis.
    Do you prefer the current system where you can get your seats, or do you like this new system where you can move to section 218, or 219 without losing your seat seniority?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo View Post
    Do you prefer the current system where you can get your seats, or do you like this new system where you can move to section 218, or 219 without losing your seat seniority?
    Are you a full season ticket holder? I don't have any details on what I can or cannot do. I'm only a partial ticket holder.

In 2006-2008 I got an invoice ahead of time when the seats picked out. For all the games.

This year I'm told that I will get an email on Monday with a link/password and at noon I can buy the strips. They say to do it early to get a better selection.

Do you have a deadline?

caseyo4 is offline MotownSports Fan

Looks like the Amex is getting hit hard this month...
    2012 AAT: Jose Valverde
    2011 AAT: Argenis Diaz
    2010 AAT: Jim Leyland

whitesox901 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MattP View Post
    I'd hate to see who gets suckered into that. There's a 50/50 chance they'll miss the playoffs and whoops, you're stuck with tickets for next season.
    Oh, idk, I think some people want Sox tickets in 2010
    I hope Joe Mauer's head catches fire and that Denard Span puts it out with a rake. - Antrat

darko31 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by whitesox901 View Post
    Oh, idk, I think some people want Sox tickets in 2010
    so they can be there when Jake Peavy makes his first start?

Are you a full season ticket holder? I don't have any details on what I can or cannot do. I'm only a partial ticket holder.

In 2006-2008 I got an invoice ahead of time when the seats picked out. For all the games.

This year I'm told that I will get an email on Monday with a link/password and at noon I can buy the strips. They say to do it early to get a better selection.

Do you have a deadline?
    My deadline is September 1 5 PM. I can pay on the MyTigersTix website. It sounds like what you did before.

I was remembering a post from someone-maybe not you-who said they thought 218 and 219 UP had the best balance between price and view and would move, but they had been in their current seats longest and didn't want to risk their playoff priority.
    Last edited by jaymo; 08-16-2009 at 06:44 AM.

Those 200+ levels are the best seats in the park, in my opinion. I am in 216, row b.

BUt I don't think the playoff tickets have any bearing on whether you keep your seats for next year.

Those 200+ levels are the best seats in the park, in my opinion. I am in 216, row b.

BUt I don't think the playoff tickets have any bearing on whether you keep your seats for next year.
    I actually found the old thread. it was from 2007 so I don't know why I had read it since I started posting about a year ago.

At the time the person who got the playoff seats in the same spot was the partial holder who had had their seat in the same spot longest.

I'm with you. If I could get 217C those seem a good balance between view and price and my children could stand up if we had an inconsiderate group in front of us.

shaneoirish is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo View Post
    A strip of 12 games in upper reserved is $1216. They are advertised as $810 per seat for the entire regular season (And only cost $405 this year).

I expect the cheap seats go up the most proportionally just for the "being there" cost.
    How does this break out. That is over 100 per seat for tickets that are $12 during the regular season
    2009 AAT - Jesus Alvarado, OF
    2010 AAT - Jesus Alvarado, OF
    2011 AAT - Jesus Alvarado, OF

Quote Originally Posted by shaneoirish View Post
    How does this break out. That is over 100 per seat for tickets that are $12 during the regular season
    It isn't itemized. I did ask for a break out since I needed to talk to my ticket rep about something else anyway. I'll let you know if they give one.

In 2006 I got a package that was like $1300 per seat. It was in section 321, Club seats. The breakdown was something like $25 for the tiebreaker(1 game), $60 for the ALDS,(3 potential games) $100 for the ALCS, (4 potential games) and $190 for the WS.(4 potential games).

There really wasn't that much variation between price levels. I'm guessing something like $50-75 for the ALDS, ($85-110) for ALCS, and ($175-220) for the WS. Those are just guesses.

dadair6 is offline MotownSports Fan

Have any partial STH received thieir link and password yet? My presale is supposed to start at 10:00am and it's now 9:20am. I'm getting a little worried that I don't have it yet.

I have't gotten it yet either. Mine says it starts at noon. Wonder why yours is earlier!

I sense a cluster-bleep.

I have't gotten it yet either. Mine says it starts at noon. Wonder why yours is earlier!

I sense a cluster-bleep.
    They like me better. :) Could be based on seniority, I've had my seats since 2004. Was the account number listed on the email you received on Friday the same as your season ticket account number? Mine wasn't which also concerns me.

My sister-in-law has a full season package and she bought her's on Saturday with no problems. They are allowing you to pay half now and the second half on October 5th if they make the playoffs.
    Last edited by dadair6; 08-17-2009 at 09:33 AM.

I was in my current seats since 2006 but have been a ST holder since 1998, except for 2003. When they asked me to come back I told them I wanted my seniority back. Who knows how that planned out.

I'm just wondering what the purchas option is. Do you just go in and say "Best Available" or can you pick specific seats? I"d like to go for Club Seats or the areas we have now. The upper box, not upper reserved though. If you get near teh stairs then it's a problem because everybody going up and down the stairs blocks your view.

No, the account # I got was different from my regular account number.

I'd call my rep now but I'm on a conf call and can't really say "Sorry guys, I have to call about my baseball tickets."

For those that are curious, here's the break out:

Code:
                              Tie Bkr.   ALDS      ALCS    WS           TOTAL
      On-Deck Circle 	   $77 	     $115 	$155 	$250 	     $2042
      Tiger Den 	           $72 	     $105 	$145 	$250 	     $1967
      Terrace 	           $45 	     $70        $110 	$250 	     $1695
      Infield Box 	           $52 	     $75 	$115 	$250 	     $1737
      Outfield Box 	           $39 	     $65 	$105 	$250 	     $1654
      Club Seats Upper        $31 	     $65 	$105 	$190 	     $1406
      Upper Box 	           $26 	     $55 	$95 	$190 	     $1331
      Mezzanine 	           $19 	     $40        $80 	$190 	     $1219
      Pavilion 	           $20 	     $45 	$85 	$225 	     $1395
      RF Grandstand 	   $29 	     $50 	$90 	$225 	     $1439
      Upper Reserved 	   $16 	     $40 	$80 	$190 	     $1216
      Bleachers 	           $14 	     $40 	$80 	$175 	     $1154
      Kaline's Corner 	   $12 	     $45 	$85 	$225 	     $1387
      Skyline 	            $5 	     $35 	$75 	$90 	     $770
    Also, your password is your regular season ticket account number. I got mine already and my presale doesn't start until 2PM. Gotta love the Tigers not honoring seniority at all for this... they're probably allocating time alphabetically or by ascending account #.
    Last edited by MattP; 08-17-2009 at 10:08 AM.

It's not a one time use thing is it? I got my password and link but I"m afraid if I go in now just to look around that when I go back at noon I won't be able to get back in.

(edit. Nevermind, found this at the bottom)

Note: Each password will expire after one (1) transaction. This sale is for complete postseason ticket strips only and the opportunity to purchase is not transferable

Matt, now did you see the price breakdown structure?

There was a "glitch" with my account to my benefit. I called my ticket rep at 9:45am and he checked for me. My presale wasn't supposed to start until noon, but as I was talking to him the email came through and said my presale started at 10:00am. I was able to buy at 10:00am and got seats three rows in front of my regular season seats in 218 Box.

The seats might be pre-assigned. I tried for five minutes to select different seats because I wanted to be a couple rows higher and it kept coming up with the same exact seats.

It's not a one time use thing is it? I got my password and link but I"m afraid if I go in now just to look around that when I go back at noon I won't be able to get back in.
    If you click on the link it will tell you the presale doesn't start until noon. It is a one time password.

I bet it won't lock you out until you've made a purchase. Otherwise I doubt they'd give you until September 1st. If it does lock you out, just call your rep. I'm sure they're gonna be pretty hard up this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by dadair6 View Post
    There was a "glitch" with my account to my benefit. I called my ticket rep at 9:45am and he checked for me. My presale wasn't supposed to start until noon, but as I was talking to him the email came through and said my presale started at 10:00am. I was able to buy at 10:00am and got seats three rows in front of my regular season seats in 218 Box.

The seats might be pre-assigned. I tried for five minutes to select different seats because I wanted to be a couple rows higher and it kept coming up with the same exact seats.
    Are our seats considered Upper Box?

What happens you get in? Does it just give you the seats?

Matt, now did you see the price breakdown structure?
    I got the e-mail. Click the green button in the e-mail and it brought me to a page with the pricing and the typical purchase rules.

Sorry, I was mistaken... they assigned me a random alphanumeric password, NOT my season account number. It's in the e-mail you'll get.

Yep, I got it. Cool.

Now all you bastards with 10 am are taking the good seats!!!! :)

The good thing about this is that it isn't your typical Ticketmaster at 10AM barrage of requests where you'll get locked out... your seats are safe, they just may be a few rows different from where you normally are.

I doubt these strips are going to fly off the shelves, but I could be wrong.

Considering the season ticket base, I thin you are right. In 2006 I got awesome seats. I just wish I could afford them during the regular season. I hope everybody around me gets in the same area because we all know each other now and if the Tigers do have post season success it would be great to share it with them since we go through the highs and lows all season long. If I can get my seats or section I'll be thrilled.

Are our seats considered Upper Box?

What happens you get in? Does it just give you the seats?
    Yeah, they lump the Upper Box Right Field (200 level), Upper Box RF and Upper Box Infield on the price chart, but you can select the Upper Boxes separately when you go to buy the tickets.

The purchase process is just like you're buying individual game tickets through tickets.com. You select the number of seats and the location. I wanted to sit in my regular section so I didn't select any other section to see if I could buy. For five minutes I tried "Select Different Seats" and it kept giving me the same seats over and over so I just bought them.

I think the 50/50 payment plan is only available to full STH. I didn't see anything on my email or purchase screens about only paying half right now.
    Last edited by dadair6; 08-17-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast