Oblong is offline MotownSports Fan

Dirk Diggler is offline MotownSports Fan

Thanks, this is perfect. I don't know how much time I spent going back through and checking the list to see who I'm missing from my list.

Just a quick take, I think you have the wrong Casey listed at #7. Thanks for the list though, very helpful.
    Adopt-a-Tiger: 08' Lucas French, 09' Andrew Oliver 1-0 vs NCAA, 10' Daniel Fields

Adopt-a-Lion: 08' Dan Orlovsky, 09' Jeff Backus

84 Lives!!! is offline MotownSports Fan

Despite any protestations to the contrary... I don't think this is a horrible ranking so far...

A few moves up or down (IMO), but I don't see anything drastic...

(Sorry I couldn't participate... my hands are full starting up 2 new businesses and I just couldn't commit the time needed to do a proper ranking... but props to all you guys (and/ or gals) who put the time and effort into doing this... especially to Ed, who took command!!!)

A quickie top 15 if I had to hazard a guess:

1) Porcello
    2) Iorg
    3) Ramirez
    4) Larish
    5) Hollimon (I think a whole lot more of this guy than it appears that alot on here do... I think he replaces Polanco at 2nd base by next year, after a strong end-of-year showing in '09...)
    6) Crosby
    7) Avila
    8) Perry
    9) Fien
    10) Ryan
    11) Jacobson
    12) Marte
    13) Moscoso
    14) Skelton
    15) Martinez (Francisco)
    Old AATs: 05 Sborz; 06 Rainwater; 07 Fien; 08 Bowen; 09 Hollimon; 10 DD; 11 Moya; 12 Ciriaco
    VT - '13 AAT Edgar De La Rosa; '12 AAL Sammie Lee MOUNTAIN!!!
    ><(((º>´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.100 million years´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ‘--<,((,(º>

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thanks, this is perfect. I don't know how much time I spent going back through and checking the list to see who I'm missing from my list.

Just a quick take, I think you have the wrong Casey listed at #7. Thanks for the list though, very helpful.
    You are right. I skipped over Fein. I fixed it.

I just think it's nice to summarize all the work people put into this into one spot. Stuff like this makes the site so great.

keyser343 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Oblong View Post
    You are right. I skipped over Fein. I fixed it.

I just think it's nice to summarize all the work people put into this into one spot. Stuff like this makes the site so great.
    I agree...the conversations and discussions this list brought about was interesting and welcomed. Have to thank Ed for putting it together, everyone who submitted lists, everyone who participated in the discussions, Oblong for this summary, my agent, and the Academy for this award...

jonjd is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to when the great Cale Iorg is revealed. Personally, I don't get what all of the hype is about. I want him to become as a good as everyone around here projects him to be, but I have seen little evidence to make me a believer. The discussion and analysis of him will hopefully put my preliminary doubts to rest.
    Retired. Thanks for the entertainment.

tiger337 is online now MotownSports Writer

Quote Originally Posted by jonjd View Post
    I'm looking forward to when the great Cale Iorg is revealed. Personally, I don't get what all of the hype is about. I want him to become as a good as everyone around here projects him to be, but I have seen little evidence to make me a believer. The discussion and analysis of him will hopefully put my preliminary doubts to rest.
    I'll be somewhat skeptical until he starts putting up good numbers but It's common not to see any statistical evidence of a good talent in his first year. Look at Porcello. He had a really low strikeout rate this year but there are reasons for that which have nothing to do with lack of ability. Iorg is an unusual case because he was out of organized ball for two years prior to this season.
    Lee Panas
    detroittigertales.com

"They can use both (old- and new-school statistics)," Cabrera said. "In 2012, we've got to take advantage of all that.

vannzee is offline MotownSports Fan

Speaking of Porcello...where do you guys see him at this year? Erie and a september call up perhaps? Maybe he begins the year back in Lakeland? Could be intresting. Wouldnt be shocked to see him in Toledo at some point.
    AAT 2013- SP D. Below 2012- RP R. Weinhardt 2011- CF A. Jackson 2010- SP D. Below 2009- INF Justin Henry 2008- RP Jeremy Johnson
    AAL TE Joe "Happy Feet" Fauria

sportz4life is offline Released

Quote Originally Posted by jonjd View Post
    Question , if he would have hit say .287 would you feel differently?? Because it is almost guaranteed you're opinions are based upon reading a stat sheet.

Well If Iorg got one more hit a week during the season, (assuming 16 heathy weeks) that would have been his average.

Making scouting predictions based without seeing a player is dangerous and typically inacurate.

sbcaptain2 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by vannzee View Post
    Speaking of Porcello...where do you guys see him at this year? Erie and a september call up perhaps? Maybe he begins the year back in Lakeland? Could be intresting. Wouldnt be shocked to see him in Toledo at some point.
    He should be a lock to start in Erie. He's from New Jersey. Cold weather won't bother him.
    My Connecticut Tigers blog
    2010 AAT: RHP Michael Torrealba, Connecticut Tigers: 19.2 IP, 1.83 ERA, 24 SO, 7 BB

macedonian bengal is offline MotownSports Fan

First question.
    I assume obviously that Porcello, Iorg, and Perry will top this list?

That leaves Larish, Ramirez, Darrow, Rhymes, Henry, Kaiser, and Krol.

Again assuming maybe Henry, Kaiser, and Krol are still too low in the system to be ranked?

I didn't see Rhymes or Darrow in the rankings either, so they must be lesser prospects?

That leaves a conclusion that it may be
    5. Ramirez
    4. Larish
    3. Perry
    2. Iorg
    1. Porcello

?????

We shall see soon enough.
    2014 AAT Lhp Kevin Ziomek

vannzee is offline MotownSports Fan

Larish just came off at 5, so next id say is Ramirez.
    AAT 2013- SP D. Below 2012- RP R. Weinhardt 2011- CF A. Jackson 2010- SP D. Below 2009- INF Justin Henry 2008- RP Jeremy Johnson
    AAL TE Joe "Happy Feet" Fauria

I would assume Porcello is unanimous at #1.
    2010 AAT: RHP Michael Torrealba, Connecticut Tigers: 19.2 IP, 1.83 ERA, 24 SO, 7 BB

Obviously you can see the complete list is now there.

Nice work everybody.

TigersFan81371 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

So with Moscoso now gone, does this change the list? Does everyone else move up a slot?
    @MrPaulOzzOslund Model citizen, zero discipline.
    *2014 Adopt-A-Tiger: Harold Castro.
    *All-Time Adopt-A-Tiger: Paul Carey, Bluhm Memorial Detroit Tigers HOF Inductee

zimm is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TigersFan81371 View Post
    So with Moscoso now gone, does this change the list? Does everyone else move up a slot?
    well, since Melo was ranked #11 on BA's list, it tells us our rankings were booty. as if you guys (and me) in your living rooms were suposed to know about a 17 year old who has never pitched outside of the Dominican...

and it all honesty, it tells me i need to do some more work looking at the system...
    Evil

Originally Posted by CASPER WELLS:
    Don't make me come out to Ferndale and whip your ***, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    well, since Melo was ranked #11 on BA's list, it tells us our rankings were booty. as if you guys (and me) in your living rooms were suposed to know about a 17 year old who has never pitched outside of the Dominican...

and it all honesty, it tells me i need to do some more work looking at the system...
    Melo at #11? Do you have a link, because I doubt that's true? That just doesn't seem right to me.