davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Lee Rebel Baseball Card Show - Feb 19

I thought I seen mention of this benefit card show somewhere else but cannot find it so here it is again. Detroittigerfan is setting up three tables there and I am going to have a table. Denny McLain with $5 autographs, can't beat that!!

Link to Show/Auction

Stop by and say 'hey'.

Los Gatos is offline MotownSports Fan

I had been planning on attending when both McLain and Northrup were going to be there. With just McLain, I probably won't. Any word on if they might be adding more signers?

It would be nice to meet you guys in person if I do in fact make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Gatos View Post
    I had been planning on attending when both McLain and Northrup were going to be there. With just McLain, I probably won't. Any word on if they might be adding more signers?

It would be nice to meet you guys in person if I do in fact make it.
    It sounds like no one had been added, everyone Coach Ty has contacted has other commitments or is out of town. He is still looking though.

DontGotSheed is offline MotownSports Fan

It has been marked on my calendar. Can't beat a $5 auto from McLain at all.
    AAT: 2012~Rob Brantly 2011~Daniel Fields 2010~Alden Carrithers

mbrieve is offline MotownSports Fan

Even more info regarding this show:

Just an FYI: In addition to Denny McLain's appearance from 12:00 - 3:00, Doris Cook, Rosemary Stevenson, and Marilyn Jenkins from the AAPGL will be at Lee High School on February 19th for the Lee Baseball Card Show. They will be sharing their stories from 9:30 -10:00 AM, answering questions, and signing autographs directly afterwords. The seminar is free of charge and they will sign autographs for a $2 donation.

For anyone interested in becoming a sponsor, knows a business interested in becoming a sponsor (tax write offs) or making a donation, there are different ways that you could contribute to the Lee High School Baseball program and get something great in return! Sponsors who donate $500.00 will get a chance at going to dinner with Denny McLain and have a private signing courtesy of Braan's Sports Bar and Grill, $200 receive a signed replica jersey, $100 receive an autographed Denny McLain baseball, $50 dollars receive an autographed 8 x 10 signed by Denny, and $25 receive a Bob Feller signed certificate. All proceeds go directly toward improvements to the Stubby Overmire Field.

Also, this year, Lee Baseball is offering a raffle. Tickets can be purchased for $5.00 (I have some for anyone interested). First prize is a 1968 Tiger package with a signed Denny McLain jersey, Al Kaline autographed MLB baseball, 8 x 10 photos of McLain, Wert, Horton, McAuliffe, and Stanley. Second prize is an autographed Virgil Trucks picture and a McLain signed MLB baseball. Third prize, signed 8 x 10 Bob Feller, Fourth prize Virgil Trucks signed 8 x 10. Fifth prize Bob Feller sign certificate. Raffle tickets will be available the day of the event but will be limited (not sure what that will be).

During the live auction, we will be serving food FOR FREE to anyone staying for the auction and signed in to bid until we run out of food. There are many, many great items available this year including, among many items donated by local businesses, 1968 & 1984 autographed Tiger items, a Sandy Koufax MLB baseball, Harwell, Kell, Kaline, Alex Rodriguez, Robin Roberts Miguel Cabrera, Sparky, Berra, Jenkins, Feller, and Fingers signed items. and best of all...A limited addition 2010 World Champion San Fransisco Giants World Series TEAM signed baseball!

Ty does a great job of making the Lee High School Baseball fundraiser a great day for all involved. If nothing else, it's nice to get out and talk to fellow collector, baseball enthusiasts, and network with old friends and help out many of for former students, friends, and young baseball players in the process! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Mudman is offline MotownSports Fan
    My home base is near Toledo but my time is usually on the road following the baseball trail

This is a great cause. I am donating some game used bats that I hope will draw a few more people to the auction. I'm not sure how many I am sending but it will include Ryan Strieby, Brennan Boesch and Carlos Guillen.
    Past AAT's Louis Ott, Hernen Perez, Matt O'Brien
    Shannon Follett, my favorite TigerTown employee, is my 2011 AAT "Sometimes it is best to fold a winning hand to keep the losers in the game." words to grow up by from my dad.

Just received these in the mail today. Can't wait to get them signed by Denny on the 19th!

Another friendly bump. Getting excited to knock out a bunch of Sports Illustrated covers!

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    Another friendly bump. Getting excited to knock out a bunch of Sports Illustrated covers!
    Bumping a bump!