Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mickeyb105 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Here it is boys, the perfect trade for us :)

Also I like this idea of Jerebko to a team like the Lakers, though its probably a long shot from the motown front page

NBA Trade Rumors: Jonas Jerebko a good 'buy-low' candidate - Detroit Bad Boys
    Jerebko has been a pretty good soldier so far for us, and I love his energy, but he's having as bad of a year this year as Daye had for us last year . . . and he has Daye's same spot outside of the rotation as last year to boot.

I have to wonder if the endgame with CV31 is to trade him before the deadline and give Jerebko another shot in the rotation. There's no real evidence this will happen, but JJ makes half of Charlie V's salary and he contributes more consistently on the defensive side of the floor.

Anyone else think a Charlie V/Bynum package would make a lot of sense to a team like Boston who has some immediate needs and is looking to dump cap at the same time. Think Dumars/Ainge could agree on bringing Rondo over here in a deal like that?

I like Calderon, but I just wonder how bad he wants to spend the next three years in Detroit after not wanting to come here in years past?

Thoughts?
    2012 AAT: Fu-Te Ni

Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Whoops, forgot to hit save trade.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I agree on JJ. Not sure who would want him though. LA has no draft pick to offer, but could offer expirings
    You did it again.

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

I don't know if we could make the salary work there, but we could probably do something with Boston. Bynum and JJ for Green? It'd be a gamble on Green, but he's an intriguing talent and you only take a small salary hit since you dump Jerebko's deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyb105 View Post
    Jerebko has been a pretty good soldier so far for us, and I love his energy, but he's having as bad of a year this year as Daye had for us last year . . . and he has Daye's same spot outside of the rotation as last year to boot.

I have to wonder if the endgame with CV31 is to trade him before the deadline and give Jerebko another shot in the rotation. There's no real evidence this will happen, but JJ makes half of Charlie V's salary and he contributes more consistently on the defensive side of the floor.

Anyone else think a Charlie V/Bynum package would make a lot of sense to a team like Boston who has some immediate needs and is looking to dump cap at the same time. Think Dumars/Ainge could agree on bringing Rondo over here in a deal like that?

I like Calderon, but I just wonder how bad he wants to spend the next three years in Detroit after not wanting to come here in years past?

Thoughts?
    I just don't think they would sacrifice Rondo like that.

If I'm NO, I'm more than happy to take something like Jefferson and Thompson for Gordon. Maybe a sweetener in there.

mickeyb105 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    I just don't think they would sacrifice Rondo like that.
    You're right, even hurt he would probably demand a sweeter deal.
    2012 AAT: Fu-Te Ni

DaBishop is online now MotownSports Fan

Thoughts?
    I think this comment is ridiculous...as do i think the whole idea that JJ has been "terrible this year". He actually had a bad 6 or 7 games after starting the season with 4 solid to good games. By game 4 his minutes started going down for some reason and by game 12 he was out of the rotation completely. Daye was never removed from the rotation in quite the same way that JJ did and he played far far worse. JJ hasn't played enough for anyone to say he's been horrible this season. He's actually been playing a lot like he did last year this month now that he's playing his more natural position.

Frank may have a very good reason for completely castrating JJ this season, but I don't think he got a fair shot at all and if we don't end up trading CV, then I think replacing JJ with CV was a short-sighted move by Frank.
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

If that trade happens and Charlotte doesn't toss in a 1st round pick. How foolish does Joe look?
    looks brilliant now

Ben Gordon spreads #buffoonery from Detroit to Charlotte « PistonPowered

DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan

I don't know if we could make the salary work there, but we could probably do something with Boston. Bynum and JJ for Green? It'd be a gamble on Green, but he's an intriguing talent and you only take a small salary hit since you dump Jerebko's deal.
    Green sucks and is on a bad contract, not to mention doesn't have a very good health history.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBishop View Post
    BG could drop his pants at mid court his next game and Dumars would still look like an idiot.

Draft picks are extremely valuable to a young team. That is even more true now with the new CBA and luxury tax rules.

So is cap space. It all depends how it plays out. Is there zero protection in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    Green sucks and is on a bad contract, not to mention doesn't have a very good health history.
    He's also young, talented and has had some good moments. I'm not saying I love him, but we only increase salary a few mil over JJ's deal and you take a gamble on a guy who could be your starting SF. It doesn't have to be him, but I wouldn't hate the Pistons using a little of their space on a guy like him. There is a pretty high minimum for what you have to spend in a given year.

BG could drop his pants at mid court his next game and Dumars would still look like an idiot.
    Didn't he already do that for two seasons in Detroit?

So is cap space. It all depends how it plays out. Is there zero protection in 2014?
    Top 8 I think.

And cap space has different values for different teams. For a more mature team like OKC it has a lot of value. For a team like Detroit that is young and not even close to having luxury tax problems, it means almost nothing.

Sure Detroit can use it to sign a free agent or make a trade. But those will be the more expensive veteran contracts and not the cheap rookie contracts the draft provides. With the new luxury tax rules the days of paying your 3rd, 4th, and 5th starters $10-$14M a year are over.

I'm not sure why some say 2014 is the year you want cap space. 2013 looks better to me.

NBA free agents in 2013 and 2014 - ESPN

Top 8 I think.

And cap space has different values for different teams. For a more mature team like OKC it has a lot of value. For a team like Detroit that is young and not even close to having luxury tax problems, it means almost nothing.

Sure Detroit can use it to sign a free agent or make a trade. But those will be the more expensive veteran contracts and not the cheap rookie contracts the draft provides. With the new luxury tax rules the days of paying your 3rd, 4th, and 5th starters $10-$14M a year are over.
    Sure, but you can do a lot of things with cap space. That's why I'm saying it depends what you do. I do value picks though.

- ya top 8 protection. Used your link. Great site. That's not so bad for us. We better be out of the lottery by then. The trick is, can Joe get a mid first for less than 14 mil.
    Last edited by Nastradamus; 02-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.

I'm not sure why some say 2014 is the year you want cap space. 2013 looks better to me.

Depends what you want. Lebron,Wade,Bosh,Melo,DIrk and Kobe might all be free agents. Certain teams would prefer to go after those guys. We have no shot, so its irrelevant, but I get why that's what people are saying.

Depends what you want. Lebron,Wade,Bosh,Melo,DIrk and Kobe might all be free agents. Certain teams would prefer to go after those guys. We have no shot, so its irrelevant, but I get why that's what people are saying.
    Outside of Kobe, I doubt any of the others hit the FA market. Free agency just costs them too much money now.

I agree

alwaysthrowheat is offline MotownSports Fan

Thoughts?
    Boston won't trade Rondo for a used diaper and a toenail like that.

What's right for Dwight? Will Lakers deal Howard? - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

However, CBSSports.com has learned that the Lakers have engaged in preliminary trade discussions with an unlikely trade partner regarding Howard: their fierce rival, the Boston Celtics. The centerpieces of the possible deal, which hasn't gained any traction, would be Howard and Rajon Rondo.

The imagination runs rampant with the tantalizing possibilities.

Other significant pieces would have to be involved, since Rondo's $11 million salary is substantially less than Howard's $19.5 million. If the Lakers dealt Howard for an All-Star point guard who is out for the rest of the season following ACL surgery, they'd effectively be throwing in the towel on this miserable, underachieving season and looking to next year.

Looks like the Celtics will be sellers.

Sources: Clippers, Celtics discussing Kevin Garnett trade

HOUSTON — The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

There are differing factions within the Celtics and Clippers on the prudence of the deal, but the two teams have been in regular contact about the possibility, sources said.

Nevertheless, the biggest hurdle could ultimately center on Garnett's willingness to waive his no-trade clause and accept a deal to the Clippers.

Because of his home in Malibu, and a close relationship with Clippers guard Chauncey Billups, there's hope that Garnett, a 15-time All-Star, could be coaxed into accepting a trade if an agreement is reached, sources said.

More at the link

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/...28805724487680

(Con't) Kupchak said "I haven't talked to Danny Ainge in weeks. I made the statement a week or 2 ago that we're not going to trade Dwight...
    (Con't) Howard and that hasn't changed." Kupchak said at no pt this season has a D12-for-Rondo trade been discussed.
    (Con't) Kupchak added that he hasn't talked with anyone else in Celtics organization.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/s...32388952698880

When asked if there was any team or circumstance that he would drop his trade clause for, Kevin Garnett simply said: "No."
    "If its up to me I will live and die green," KG said. When reminded its up to him, KG said: "OK then. So what are we talking about it?"
    Last edited by Deleterious; 02-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Wanna know how far Dwight Howard has fallen?

I was bumping around the web looking for reactions to the Rondo for Howard rumors. A good chunk of Celtic fans were upset by the idea and didn't want it to happen.

slim pickens is offline MotownSports Fan

I was bumping around the web looking for reactions to the Rondo for Howard rumors. A good chunk of Celtic fans were upset by the idea and didn't want it to happen.
    well thats because Howard is a pending free agent who has no desire to stay in Boston.
    1.21 gigawatts?!.......

VT

Quote Originally Posted by slim pickens View Post
    well thats because Howard is a pending free agent who has no desire to stay in Boston.
    No its not. The trade hinged on him agreeing to sign again in Boston. They still don't want him.

Looks like the Celtics will be sellers.

Sources: Clippers, Celtics discussing Kevin Garnett trade
    This deal makes too much sense not to happen. Boston can then either flip Bledsoe(Kanter/Favors?) or deal Rondo next year since they seem to have a few issues with him. KG would be an awesome piece for the Clips to snag.

No its not. The trade hinged on him agreeing to sign again in Boston. They still don't want him.
    I realize he's had a few issues, but that's crazy talk. Pure insanity.

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

Somebody will still give him a max contract this summer.

I agree but I am having a hard time seeing who is a good fit for us this summer. I am ruling out spending a good chunk of money on power forwards and centers at this point with Drummond and Monroe. If we can retain Calderon for a reasonable price, I would be happy.

T&P_Fan is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    Somebody will still give him a max contract this summer.
    Of course he will, but there is no question that teams view him much differently than they did 18 months ago. At that time everyone would have given howard a max contract, now most teams just don't want to bother with a center who is oft-injured and drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Of course he will, but there is no question that teams view him much differently than they did 18 months ago. At that time everyone would have given howard a max contract, now most teams just don't want to bother with a center who is oft-injured and drama queen.
    There were warning signs he was a drama queen. He waived his right to become a free agent last March only to demand a trade shortly thereafter. And obviously teams knew about the injury as well...I just don't think they expected it to effect him this much. Teams just ignored these signs because he was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    I don't buy that for a second. I think any team in the league with cap space would take him in a heartbeat and those without cap space woudl fight to get it if they had a chance at Howard. He might be an oft injured drama queen, but he's still the best C in the NBA by a good margin. Both labels are kind of a stretch anyways. His injuries are pretty recent and probably not the types to linger long term and he hasn't been a drama queen in LA like he was his last year in Orlando. He hasn't said much at all.

That would be smart. Utah is desperate for a PG and athleticism. The Clips need depth up front badly. Odom and Bledsoe for Milsap and Burks is about how I imagine it would go.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast