Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Stuckey called 'moody,' people think he might 'shut it down'

It is from unnamed sources, which I hate. So keep that in mind. Here is the quote from the Chris Broussard article. More at the link.

Rodney Stuckey called 'moody,' people think he might 'shut it down' - Detroit Bad Boys

The strange thing is that several people have told me Stuckey worked his tail off over the summer and that he was prepared to come in and have perhaps his best season. Now that he's struggling, they tell me he's a moody person who lets his moods affect his play

"He hasn't grown up yet so he might get frustrated and just shut it down,'' one person said.

Stuckey also may need (or want) the ball in his hands more. He always has been a combo guard -- not quite a 1 or a 2. But with Brandon Knight feeling more comfortable at the point, he's handling the ball more than he did last season, which has left Stuckey without both the ball and his mojo.

Vonlenska is offline MotownSports Fan

I hated them re-signing him even knowing losing him for nothing wouldn't have been that smart.
    2003 Tigers = 2010 Tigers
    2012 AAT: Josue Carreno 0-2, 3.30 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 2.4 BB/9, 7.8 K/9

T&P_Fan is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vonlenska View Post
    I hated them re-signing him even knowing losing him for nothing wouldn't have been that smart.
    Losing him for nothing would have been better than having him on the team. The source is right, Stuckey plays like he is moody. He sulks when he doesn't get the ball and it effects his overall play. Couple the fact that he isn't a particularly good player with the way he perceives himself and you have a recipe for disaster.

I will never pay attention to a fluff piece again. All we heard this off-season was how well the team was jelling, Daye adding 20 lbs, Stuckey being in the best shape of his life and then the season starts and we go 0-8. Granted, it was a tough schedule, but it looked like the starting 5 had never played together before.

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

I hate unnamed quotes as well. In 20 years of reporting I've never used one. If someone can't put their name to something, why say it.

But that said, I think there's merit to the comment.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Can we ask him to please shut it down?
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

In Stuckey's defense, I read on ESPN today that he said he would be happy to go to the bench if that is what Frank wanted to do. That said, I agree with all the previous comments in this thread.

Casimir is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Can we ask him to please shut it down?
    Might not need to.

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

Jesus........

RJBBREZ is offline MotownSports Fan

I hope he does it shut it down. He really does nothing but hurt the team.

NYLion is offline MotownSports Fan

When i saw the thread title say "Shut it down", i was hoping that Stuckey would be shutting it down for a while and take some time off and i got all excited. Ah well.
    I agree with the comments saying that it's annoying when "unnamed sources" blast other people but i think there's some validity to this. When Stuckey is off his game or not getting enough playing time, his body language is awful and he looks very pouty so i believe that he does shut it down from time to time, not much of a team player.

I've said it before, i believe that this team is better off without him and Prince for that matter as well. Unfortunately, Joe D. doesn't see it that way. It's kind of sad that my 2 favorite players growing up Isiah and Dumars have tarnished their NBA legacies with faulty management. Obviously, Isiah had bigger off the court issues and Dumars has at least accomplished some great things in a management role but it's sad to see that he hugely regressed in the last 5 years or so.

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I separate the careers of Dumars and Thomas when I evaluate them. I love what the did as a player, and my feelings won't change in that regard based on the success they have in different roles today.

Blog Entries

I wasn't old enough to watch the Bad Boys, my memory of Isiah started with the CBA I believe and then I watched Joe D at the tail end of his career.

Joe D was great to start, but his talent evaluation is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NYLion View Post
    It's kind of sad that my 2 favorite players growing up Isiah and Dumars have tarnished their NBA legacies with faulty management. Obviously, Isiah had bigger off the court issues and Dumars has at least accomplished some great things in a management role but it's sad to see that he hugely regressed in the last 5 years or so.
    It's no fun seeing what is happening now, but that said Dumars still brought this franchise a third NBA championship, and darn near a fourth. This stinks now, but except for the Bad Boy era and the Going to Work era, this franchise has been pretty bad.

I remember as a kid, buying the NBA Guide (I think that was the title) and looking at all the past Detroit seasons, realizing "Man, the Pistons have always stunk."

And when the Bad Boy era ended, I wondered if the Pistons would ever be good again. And, boom, Dumars helped make them one of the great franchises in the NBA for another extended period of time, going to two more NBA Finals.

Again, it sucks what has happened now. He definitely has failed over the last handful of seasons. However, I will never forget what he helped develop when he first entered the front office. He's been had his hand in some bad teams during Pistons' history, and he can be blamed for much of that, but in reverse, anytime this team has been one of the model franchises of the NBA, he's always been around whether as a player or in the front office. For as much as he's failed in recent years, that will be his prevailing legacy for me.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

NYLion is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    It's no fun seeing what is happening now, but that said Dumars still brought this franchise a third NBA championship, and darn near a fourth. This stinks now, but except for the Bad Boy era and the Going to Work era, this franchise has been pretty bad.

I remember as a kid, buying the NBA Guide (I think that was the title) and looking at all the past Detroit seasons, realizing "Man, the Pistons have always stunk."

And when the Bad Boy era ended, I wondered if the Pistons would ever be good again. And, boom, Dumars helped make them one of the great franchises in the NBA for another extended period of time, going to two more NBA Finals.

Again, it sucks what has happened now. He definitely has failed over the last handful of seasons. However, I will never forget what he helped develop when he first entered the front office. He's been had his hand in some bad teams during Pistons' history, and he can be blamed for much of that, but in reverse, anytime this team has been one of the model franchises of the NBA, he's always been around whether as a player or in the front office. For as much as he's failed in recent years, that will be his prevailing legacy for me.
    Dumars definitely did some great things but it's hard to look that far back now after the countless amount of errors since. Hell, the disasterous Darko draft occurred during the good times so he had some warts even in the best of times but yeah, he should get a lot of credit for reviving the franchise.

I first became a fan right when The Bad Boys were on the upswing. Bird stealing the ball and clinching the Game 5 victory in '87 was one of my earlier memories, still stings to this day. Anyway, as long as i've been a fan, the Pistons have probably been the 3rd best organization in basketball (i don't think people realize how close the Pistons were to 3 Peating from '88-'90 and they don't get enough credit historically for being one of the best teams in history) with the Lakers being the obvious top dog and the Bulls being right up there too so i've been used to the Pistons fielding winners although there were some rough patches in the late 90s, early 00s so it's tough seeing Dumars sewering the franchise like he has. The Palace has never been so empty for so long (although the failed economy has played a part in that) so it's a tough time as a Pistons fan with not much light at the end of the tunnel IMO. Monroe, Drummond and perhaps Knight are nice players to build around but none of them give me hope that the Pistons could be a real contender anytime in the near future which is why i think it's vital to draft a superstar or at least a go to guy that can carry the team on his back from time to time.
    Anyway, this has veered way into OT, just figured that i would rant a bit. I'm sure that most Pistons fans feel the same way.

DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan

As opposed to so many on here, I"ll try to be a somewhat positive voice...(upturns his nose at the rest of the riff raff in here)...I'm hoping that Stuckey can find peace as the 6th man on the team. There is no questioning the talent and if he can be to us what Ben Gordon was to the Bulls we'd be very very lucky. If he can just get his head on straight that is.
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

Dumars could have 20 bust seasons in the front office and those seasons wouldn't be as significant as the positive seasons. He still had two seasons that got the team to the NBA Finals, and one with a championship. So few get to the top of the hill and darn near have done it twice. I think the success means a bit more than the failure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    Dumars could have 20 bust seasons in the front office and those seasons wouldn't be as significant as the positive seasons. He still had two seasons that got the team to the NBA Finals, and one with a championship. So few get to the top of the hill and darn near have done it twice. I think the success means a bit more than the failure.
    That success is going on a decade old. What matters is now. And lets be honest, the championship team was kind of lucky. Dumars has made error after error. How he ever drafted Austin Daye is beyond me. It is time for a new direction.

DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan

That's not the point DT's making...NYLion was saying how Dumars and Zeke's recent performances has hurt the way he thinks of their legacy's. DT's basically saying that Dumars has won 3 NBA titles with this team which should far outweigh 4 years of missing the playoffs and a few bad contracts. (and even the drafting of Austin Daye...kinda shocked that that's the decision of all decisions you can't get past)
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.