Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 2121
    Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

https://twitter.com/deryNBA/status/347765064050302976

#Pistons update: MCW and McCollum working out today. Miami's Shane Larkin also here I am told.
    https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/347765318711668736

Carter-Williams and McCollum are working out today with the #Pistons. They got to town and met with the team yesterday
    VT

Betrayer is offline MotownSports Fan

Watching that interview made me want Oladipo even more than I already did.
    Matt Millen never left Detroit - he just started wearing a very convincing Joe Dumars costume.

https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/s...88858877947905

Interesting tidbit from Chad Ford's "tier" column on ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports . 12 players in tiers 1-4; 26 in tier 5. So, in theory ...
    Pistons will get same quality at pick 37 in the 2nd round as a team picking at 13 in the lottery.
    VT

Nastradamus is online now MotownSports Fan

For anyone who hasn't checked them out this year or in past year's, the DraftExpress "by the numbers" series is outstanding. They do each position and break down their production per 40 minutes and per possession. They have done PG and SG so far this year.

I must say, it makes me think my theory that Franklin and Oladipo are similar prospects is pretty accurate. Man if we could get KCP and Franklin some how we'd be set.

Fwiw, he states in the article that this area of the draft has incredible depth and the 35 pick could be as good as the 15 pick because of the strength in the middle of the draft.

He puts zero players in tiers 1 or 2. I get no tier 1 players, that's pretty much obvious, but I think no tier 2 players is pretty silly. He put MKG here along with Barnes and Beal last year. Is there something better about MKG than Oladipo as a prospect? Is Barnes really a better prospect than someone like Mclemore or Porter? Seems a bit odd to me. Especially the MKG part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Fwiw, he states in the article that this area of the draft has incredible depth and the 35 pick could be as good as the 15 pick because of the strength in the middle of the draft.

He puts zero players in tiers 1 or 2. I get no tier 1 players, that's pretty much obvious, but I think no tier 2 players is pretty silly. He put MKG here along with Barnes and Beal last year. Is there something better about MKG than Oladipo as a prospect? Is Barnes really a better prospect than someone like Mclemore or Porter? Seems a bit odd to me. Especially the MKG part.
    I would say MKG and Oladipo were pretty similar, with Oladipo being a better shooter. But MKG was 2 classes behind Oladipo (When they came out). So if you project him to improve the next 2 years it makes sense to rank him as a higher prospect.
    VT

Plus, its Chad Ford who IMO isn't that sharp when it comes to discussing basketball. His talent is all of his connections to teams.
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Plus, its Chad Ford who IMO isn't that sharp when it comes to discussing basketball. His talent is all of his connections to teams.
    This is true, but the article is based on polling NBA execs, supposedly at least, so I guess I should have criticized them.

I would say MKG and Oladipo were pretty similar, with Oladipo being a better shooter. But MKG was 2 classes behind Oladipo (When they came out). So if you project him to improve the next 2 years it makes sense to rank him as a higher prospect.
    I suppose that's a fair case, but I'd rather have Oladipo long term myself. Still, I get it.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Well, he did say Jimmer was going to be a star...
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Well, he did say Jimmer was going to be a star...
    Darko.
    VT

https://twitter.com/nbadraftnet/stat...38454681448449

Quite possibly the biggest sleeper in this year's #NBAdraft: Nate Wolters Profile |... Nate Wolters | NBADraft.net
    I really wanted him to be there in the second round for Detroit. He seems to be moving up in some mock drafts, sadly.
    VT

Dery said Zeller is in working out today for Detroit.
    VT

For anyone who hasn't checked them out this year or in past year's, the DraftExpress "by the numbers" series is outstanding. They do each position and break down their production per 40 minutes and per possession. They have done PG and SG so far this year.

I must say, it makes me think my theory that Franklin and Oladipo are similar prospects is pretty accurate. Man if we could get KCP and Franklin some how we'd be set.
    They provide some nice stats. But I wold like a side order of context with those numbers please.

This one stat from PP told me more about MCW than anything in those DE articles.

Sports Illustrated mock draft: Michael Carter-Williams to Pistons PistonPowered

Carter-Williams played 40 games last year. Splitting those in half based on level of competition, as rated by KenPom, shows a pretty drastic difference in production.

Toughest competition: 4.9 assists and 3.8 turnovers per game
    Easiest competition: 9.7 assists and 3.1 turnovers per game
    VT

Absolutely level of competition is an issue. They do mention that fwiw. Its just one more piece to the puzzle, not gospel or anything. I've seen that stat on MCW before, he definitely struggled in the Big East, against the top teams. He did carve up Indiana in the tourney though.

Regarding Cody Zeller's short arms. His standing reach is 8'10". Compare that to some other bigs nobody says a word about.

Player Standing Reach
    Cody Zeller 8'10"
    Kevin Love 8'10"
    Al Horford 8'11"
    Udonis Haslem 8'11"
    Joakim Noah 8'10.5"
    David Lee 8'10.5"
    Kris Humphries 8'10.5"
    Josh Smith 8'10.5"
    Tyler Hansbrough 8'10"
    Jared Sullinger 8'10"
    Blake Griffin 8'9"
    VT

Nice find

I have to admit, I saw it somewhere else.
    VT

Burke has some new ink. I think it looks horrible, but I'm not exactly a tattoo type of guy.

VT

https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/s...11017655918592

Pistons release list of players who "visited" this week .. It includes Trey Burke, Michael Carter-Williams and C.J. McCollum
    VT

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...27626420281344

Some draft scuttle: Rockets have been offered chance to shed contract of PF Thomas Robinson for first-round pick in next Thursday's draft
    Rockets, I'm told, have eyes on fistful of international players they'd draft with a first for Robinson to keep overseas and avoid cap hit
    VT

Awful tat for sure.

Trey Burke among several Detroit Pistons draft hopefuls to work out for team this week | MLive.com

The players released Friday by the Pistons as having worked out for them this week were:

Jared Bergrren, PF, 6-10, 235, Wisconsin
    Kenny Boynton, SG, 6-2, 190, Florida
    Trey Burke, PG, 6-1, 190, Michigan
    Michael Carter-Williams, PG, 6-6, 185, Syracuse
    Karron Johnson, PG, 6-1, 175, Belmont
    Shane Larkin, PG, 5-11, 180, Miami
    Augusto Cesar Lima, PF, 6-10, 235, Brazil
    C.J. McCollum, PG, 6-3, 200, Lehigh
    Derrick Nix, C, 6-9, 275, Michigan State
    Dexter Strickland, PG/SG, 6-3, 190, North Carolina
    Cody Zeller, PF/C, 7-0, 230, Indiana
    VT

tigerz is offline MotownSports Fan

Pretty bad draft when just about everyone in the lottery has a glaring weakness or two. About the only prospect that I have formed a solid opinion on is Muhammad, a guy who has gotten a ton of love in this thread and I absolutely hate as a prospect. I think people are intrigued because he was the top high school prospect and that usually = high upside. IMO he got those rankings with good athleticism and being in a man's body (partially because he was a year + older than everyone else). Watching him at UCLA I just didn't see the elite athlete he was billed to be. I saw a black hole with low basketball IQ, mediocre dribbler, mediocre shooter, mediocre defender and poor passer, who got his coach fired. His upside seems to be Rudy Gay, not good or efficient enough to build an offense around and not the shooter and certainly not the passer to be a good complimentary piece. My prediction if Muhammad goes in the lottery that GM will be fire within two years.

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

Burke has some new ink. I think it looks horrible, but I'm not exactly a tattoo type of guy.

Hideous.

I think if he just had the "C" and the pirate ship it might kinda look cool. But the rest of it, wow.
    VT

Cavs ready to select Alex Len No. 1 in 2013 draft, acquire Shawn Marion from Dallas

The rumor in that article is, Marion + #13 to Cleveland for #19 this year.
    VT

Cavs ready to select Alex Len No. 1 in 2013 draft, acquire Shawn Marion from Dallas

Ah to only have assets! But we had to get rid of Ben Gordon immediately...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Ah to only have assets! But we had to get rid of Ben Gordon immediately...
    I don't know man, that seems like a bad deal to me.

If I am taking on $9M in salary I better get a pick outright and not be swapping spots. If I am swapping, it better move me into the top 5.

I think if it goes down, that is a fantastic deal for Dallas.
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by tigerz View Post
    Pretty bad draft when just about everyone in the lottery has a glaring weakness or two. About the only prospect that I have formed a solid opinion on is Muhammad, a guy who has gotten a ton of love in this thread and I absolutely hate as a prospect. I think people are intrigued because he was the top high school prospect and that usually = high upside. IMO he got those rankings with good athleticism and being in a man's body (partially because he was a year + older than everyone else). Watching him at UCLA I just didn't see the elite athlete he was billed to be. I saw a black hole with low basketball IQ, mediocre dribbler, mediocre shooter, mediocre defender and poor passer, who got his coach fired. His upside seems to be Rudy Gay, not good or efficient enough to build an offense around and not the shooter and certainly not the passer to be a good complimentary piece. My prediction if Muhammad goes in the lottery that GM will be fire within two years.
    I would think if you get a Rudy Gay in the middle of the lottery, even though I'm not his biggest fan, you'd be rather content. Muhammad has his issues, but the guy can score at the very least. Despite "not living up to the hype" he still lead a solid team in scoring and took them to the postseason, winning the conference in the process.

I don't know man, that seems like a bad deal to me.

If I am taking on $9M in salary I better get a pick outright and not be swapping spots. If I am swapping, it better move me into the top 5.

I think if it goes down, that is a fantastic deal for Dallas.
    Great deal for Dallas, but I guess Cleveland actually wants Marion as a player because they desperately want to make the playoffs this year and see him as an upgrade. That's the rumor at least.

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

That article makes it sound like OKC wants McCollum. I wonder if the Pistons could trade down and acquire an extra young player if they take McCollum.

Great deal for Dallas, but I guess Cleveland actually wants Marion as a player because they desperately want to make the playoffs this year and see him as an upgrade. That's the rumor at least.
    Yeah that is a good point and it does make it better for Cleveland.
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    That article makes it sound like OKC wants McCollum. I wonder if the Pistons could trade down and acquire an extra young player if they take McCollum.
    Hmmm, I didn't really think of it until you brought it up. But they now have some special insight on the OKC situation.

Cheeks can tell them if Jones or Lamb is worth it. He can also probably give Joe a good idea how willing Presti is to make a move.
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    A shooter like Mccollum would be pretty scary paired with Westbrook. Wonder what we could get.

Hmmm, I didn't really think of it until you brought it up. But they now have some special insight on the OKC situation.

Cheeks can tell them if Jones or Lamb is worth it. He can also probably give Joe a good idea how willing Presti is to make a move.
    That is a good point

I think I have one foot on the KCP bandwagon. I think I was fully on board until I watched that DE scouting report. They listed bad handle and rarely drives to the hoop as his weakness.

I think I'm kind of forming a 3 player wish list of Muhammad, Zeller, KCP. That is assuming none of the top guys drop. There are probably also a handful of guys I wouldn't get that upset about if they picked. Doesn't mean I really want them though.
    VT

I think I have one foot on the KCP bandwagon. I think I was fully on board until I watched that DE scouting report. They listed bad handle and rarely drives to the hoop as his weakness.

I think I'm kind of forming a 3 player wish list of Muhammad, Zeller, KCP. That is assuming none of the top guys drop. There are probably also a handful of guys I wouldn't get that upset about if they picked. Doesn't mean I really want them though.
    I'm also hoping it comes from those 3(assuming we don't majorly lucky out). KCP kind of seems like the Terrence Ross of this draft in that he's athletic, 6'6 and a plus distance shooter but doesn't really create his own shot. I can live with that out of our SG spots to be honest.

DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan

I'm also hoping it comes from those 3(assuming we don't majorly lucky out). KCP kind of seems like the Terrence Ross of this draft in that he's athletic, 6'6 and a plus distance shooter but doesn't really create his own shot. I can live with that out of our SG spots to be honest.
    Why would you want KCP instead of Shabazz, originally it was thought KCP was a better athlete, the combine measurements showed Shabazz was the better athlete.

2013 NBA draft -- 10 players invited to 'green room,' sources say - ESPN

The NBA has issued 10 preliminary invitations to its "green room" for Thursday night's draft, according to multiple sources.

Those invited are: Nerlens Noel (Kentucky); Victor Oladipo (Indiana); Otto Porter (Georgetown); Alex Len (Maryland); Anthony Bennett (UNLV); Ben McLemore (Kansas); Trey Burke (Michigan); Michael Carter-Williams (Syracuse); C.J. McCollum (Lehigh) and Cody Zeller (Indiana).
    VT

So he's Danny Green?

ScrubBeaterUpper is offline MotownSports Fan

I will say KCP has much more explosion -in game- then his combine numbers would suggest. He has enough handle to get his own shot, even if he settles for jumpers. He is not exactly Rip Hamilton or Danny Green when It comes to scoring off the bounce.

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast