Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player protest?

Shelton is online now MotownSports Fan

How can you not love this? I think it's great.
    Last edited by Shelton; 02-26-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

Dawgs is offline MotownSports Fan

This is another reason guarenteed contracts are the devil. The team has no recourse. The players run the NBA.

This is the final nail in the coffin for me. Its gonna be a cold day in hell before this league gets one more dime of my money.
    Floooorida? But thats Americas wang.---Homer Simpson

VT

Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Cecil is offline Released

How about a fan protest? How about the fans don't show up to the games till Hamilton is gone? Or a walkout? Or picket around the Palace? I don't like Kuester as much as the next guy, but this is unacceptable. If you want to see a real life protest go to Wisconsin. I have no sympathy for millionaires who don't like their boss. I think this makes Dumars hold on to Kuester. He doesn't want to give into the players so he sticks behind Kuester.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    The most depressing thing about that article is "the Pistons need to build their team around Greg Monroe and Wil Bynum." Oy.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    How about a fan protest? How about the fans don't show up to the games till Hamilton is gone? Or a walkout? Or picket around the Palace? I don't like Kuester as much as the next guy, but this is unacceptable. If you want to see a real life protest go to Wisconsin. I have no sympathy for millionaires who don't like their boss. I think this makes Dumars hold on to Kuester. He doesn't want to give into the players so he sticks behind Kuester.
    Wait, the same fans who have been singing "we want Rip" all year long? The fans will come out and worship the players like they always do.

Neither Dumars or Kuester will be around next season.

JonBenke is offline Released

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
    How can you not love this? I think it's great.
    How exactly?

Shelton is online now MotownSports Fan

Because the Pistons have been irrelevant since the minute the Chauncey trade went down. At least now they are providing some entertainment.
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

Kdoogie24 is offline MotownSports Fan

Because the Pistons have been irrelevant since the minute the Chauncey trade went down. At least now they are providing some entertainment.
    I can't help but agree with this
    "If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." - Rickey Henderson

JonBenke is offline Released

I'd rather just go watch another team.

Hamilton and Wallace are garbage. Hopefully Dumars discovers that blowing this thing up is the only way to go.

Since Joe Dumars is a complete and utter idiot ..... I doubt this happens.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Agreed. This **** is great.

Cecil is offline Released

Everyone says blow the team up, but no one wants the players. He tried to literally give a team a 1st round pick just to take Hamilton.

Motor City Sonics is offline MotownSports Fan

This is disgusting. Hamilton should be told to pack his bags and stay away from the team the rest of the year. They need to get rid of Stuckey too.
    World Series or Bust. Guess What? Bust........again.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

No one is trading for Rip, who would? Kuester will be fired and the Pistons will get on with it.

djackson75 is offline MotownSports Fan

I keep checking websites and coming to this message board waiting to see something along the lines of "Players Fined", or "Players Suspended", or "Kuester Fired"... I am hoping for all three to be honest.... but nothing... What the hell is going on?

Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

Twitter

The Pistons fined Rip Hamilton and Chris Wilcox for missing shootaround without an excuse, but are not contemplating a coaching change.

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Can they release everybody and just put in the AutoMotion dance team in instead?
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: Josť Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats

zimm is offline MotownSports Fan

as i mentioned in one of the other threads, this is the most teal moment in franchise history.
    Evil

Originally Posted by CASPER WELLS:
    Don't make me come out to Ferndale and whip your ***, boy.

HolyToledo is offline MotownSports Fan

Default After this season...

Offseason Agenda

Fire Joe D and replace with a non-former player.
    Fire Kuester.
    Let Stuckey walk.
    Let Tey walk.
    Let Wilcox walk.
    Let TMac walk.
    Buyout Rip's contract.
    Sign a couple of filler players.
    Make a good lottery selection, and build off this person, Monroe, Jonas, Daye, BG, and Charlie V.
    Bite the bullet and accept sucking for a year or two.

What am I missing?
    Fire Jim Price.

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kdoogie24 View Post
    Yesterday on my twitter feed I saw Charlie V retweet a comment from someone that was along the lines of "you guys aren't going to win anything with Q as your coach."

Its gone now, but I'm pretty positive that CV had it posted.
    Been gone for a few days.

Charlie V should post "We aren't going to win anything with me as one of your key players."
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HolyToledo View Post
    Offseason Agenda

Fire Kuester.
    Let Stuckey walk.
    Let Tey walk.
    Let Wilcox walk.
    Let TMac walk.
    Buyout Rip's contract.
    Make a good lottery selection, and build off this person, Monroe, Jonas, Daye, BG, and Charlie V.

What am I missing?
    Agree with everything, but sucking for a year or two isn't an option. Pistons are going to suck for a while...
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

Why don't they just come out with the Mid-90's Horse and Teal Logo for this team.
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Couple things I dont know if they were brought up in here....apparently Rip vetoed a trade to Cleveland in which Cleveland would have bought out his contract and he would have been free to sign with any team because he didnt want his contract bought out. What is his problem. He had his chance to leave and declined it, yet he is still whining and bitching and causing a big mess. I really really dislike Rip now.

Also, apparently he verbally berated Kuester in practice and that is why he has been getting the benchings. He reportedly got in Kuesters face and was yelling at him that he was a failure and a life long assistant who blew his chance in front of the entire team.

Man I hate Rip
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

catswithbats is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    Agree with everything, but sucking for a year or two isn't an option. Pistons are going to suck for a while...
    How long do you guys who actually know basketball, unlike me, think it'll take before the Pistons organization rebounds from this?
    Adopt-a-Tiger 2014: Josť Ortega

Walkoff Woodward | Cats With Bats | walkoffwoodward | catswithbats

zimm is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by catswithbats View Post
    How long do you guys who actually know basketball, unlike me, think it'll take before the Pistons organization rebounds from this?
    i'm no expert, but i'd say they'll suck until no less than 3 years after getting a top 3 pick, and that's if they do everything right.
    Evil

Originally Posted by CASPER WELLS:
    Don't make me come out to Ferndale and whip your ***, boy.

EatEmUpTigers711 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    They didn't like Flip. They didn't like Curry. They don't like Kuester. How many coaches are we going to go through to appease mediocre veteran players? It's not like any of these whiners are really that good.
    And it's not like any of those coaches were/are worth keeping around either.
    2012 Adopt-A-Tiger - Ryan Strieby
    2011 Adopt-A-Lion - #26 Louis Delmas - 51 Tackles

Quote Originally Posted by catswithbats View Post
    I honestly don't expect them to be good again any time soon. Like zimm said, if they don't land a top pick in a draft I think they're in even more trouble. Looking at the current team, I have no expectations for this team to even come close to competing for at least 5-10 years. Say hello to another teal & maroon jersey era (meaning our crappy stretch during those years, not the actual jersey colors)....

Hate to break it to you, but the Pistons were irrelevant before that trade went down. They might have been able to fight their way to the Conference Championships for another year or so, I personally don't think that would have even happened though, and they would have just ended up continuing to screw themselves over with more crappy draft positions.

nd1377 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HolyToledo View Post
    Offseason Agenda

Fire Kuester.
    Let Stuckey walk.
    Let Tey walk.
    Let Wilcox walk.
    Let TMac walk.
    Buyout Rip's contract.

What am I missing?
    Trading for Dwight Howard next season as it will be his last year of his contract. The new owner could trade every player they have, the Palace, and anything else they want for Howard.

DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
    This is absolutely shameless on the part of the Pistons players. I dislike Kuester as much as anyone as the head coach, but the players' act is embarrassing, disgusting, revolting. Prince, Hamilton, and Wallace have tainted this organization and even the younger players (Daye, Stuckey). It's too damn bad that the trade deadline has passed, because if I was GM, they'd all be traded to Cleveland, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Washington before the sun came up.
    Well, that's the crux of it too, the cowards waiting until the trade deadline was passed before pulling these antics. It isn't a coincidence that after the trade deadline they revolt.

DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    The most depressing thing about that article is "the Pistons need to build their team around Greg Monroe and Wil Bynum." Oy.
    Greg Monroe is a foundational piece, not Bynum, but Monroe is. Since the all-star break the guy has come up with an offense for example, it won't be long before he's one of the top C's in the game.

DetroitCity313 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    Greg Monroe is a foundational piece, not Bynum, but Monroe is. Since the all-star break the guy has come up with an offense for example, it won't be long before he's one of the top C's in the game.
    Monroe, Daye, Jonas and our next 1st round pick are the foundation. Monroe is on the verge of becoming a consistent double double big man, Daye is a pure shooter with "the clutch gene", Jonas is a great clean up guy (although he will never be a star) and we need to make another good 1st round selection.

But lets hope we can sign and trade Tayshaun, let McGrady and Stuckey walk, buyout Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    You build the 7th seed in the East around Greg Monroe. I like him, he's a solid player, but he can't jump and can't shoot. Not exactly he type of player on which championships are built.

Casimir is offline MotownSports Fan

You build the 7th seed in the East around Greg Monroe. I like him, he's a solid player, but he can't jump and can't shoot. Not exactly he type of player on which championships are built.
    I don't think anyone is confusing Monroe as the next Tim Duncan. But I don't see why he can't be a solid part of a championship nucleus.

azzurri is offline MotownSports Fan

The Pistons can be good again by 2012-13. With only 5 starters, it really doesn't take much to get competitive again. If Gores is the new owner, he strikes me as an aggressive guy who goes out and gets what he wants. Monroe, Jerebko, Daye are the building blocks. Drafting well the next two years and getting a big name FA will get this team back to the 50 win mark. The difficulty will be in getting back to championship level status.

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

Yeah. I think Monroe can be a solid starter but I have kind of accepted the fact he is not going to be the great defensive presence that we need. We just have to play to his strengths, which are offensive rebounding, hands, and finishing cuts to the hoop. I also am hoping he still develops a jump shot...and would be surprised if he did not.

Hart is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    Monroe, Daye, Jonas and our next 1st round pick are the foundation. Monroe is on the verge of becoming a consistent double double big man, Daye is a pure shooter with "the clutch gene", Jonas is a great clean up guy (although he will never be a star) and we need to make another good 1st round selection.

But lets hope we can sign and trade Tayshaun, let McGrady and Stuckey walk, buyout Rip.
    I don't think Daye is somebody to build around. I love his jump shot but he does not have a single double digit rebounding game this year and that is troubling for a 6'11 player. He brings one very good skill to the floor but is below average everywhere else. I would not be happy with him as anything more than a decent bench player.

alwaysthrowheat is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    I don't think Daye is somebody to build around. I love his jump shot but he does not have a single double digit rebounding game this year and that is troubling for a 6'11 player. He brings one very good skill to the floor but is below average everywhere else. I would not be happy with him as anything more than a decent bench player.
    agreed. he's like a much worse version of Danilo imo. my question is... if everyone is willing to let Stuckey walk.. why didn't we at least trade him for picks?

Quote Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
    If Gores is the new owner, he strikes me as an aggressive guy who goes out and gets what he wants.
    I hope so and I hope he is a more hands on owner compared to Mr. Bill Davidson. If he doesn't fire Joe Dumars, he must be a huge part of the decisions made with the Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysthrowheat View Post
    agreed. he's like a much worse version of Danilo imo. my question is... if everyone is willing to let Stuckey walk.. why didn't we at least trade him for picks?
    Joe Dumars loves him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast