Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    DaBishop's Avatar
    DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Gloucester, MA
    Posts
    8,159

    Default Joe Dumars Strikes Again.




    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...kes-Again.html

    Joe Dumars Strikes Again
    November 3, 2008 12:58 PM
    Allen Iverson, a Piston.

    And that's just one of the major assets Joe Dumars is acquiring today. The other is the inside track on "The Summer of LeBron."

    As you have probably seen, reports are that the Denver Nuggets and Detroit Pistons have agreed to a blockbuster trade, and one of the most beloved players in the NBA will be on the move again.

    The reported trade that would send superstar guard Allen Iverson to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for two former Nuggets: guard Chauncey Billups and forward-center Antonio McDyess, as well as center Cheikh Samb.


    Joe Dumars: How many big-name free agents might you be fishing for in the next couple of years?
    (Ned Dishman/NBAE/Getty Images)
    The move will solve an essential basketball problem for the Nuggets -- who have been in need of a top-flight point guard to faciliate scorers like Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith. The veteran Billups, a champion with Detroit in 2004, fits the bill nicely, and this season will make less money than Iverson, who is one of the best paid players in the NBA. The Nuggets will also be able to make good use of Iverson's 1,500 or so shots per season, which may help the team develop a more successful and cost-effective team around Carmelo Anthony.

    The Nuggets, burdened with a luxury tax payroll to go with a cut-rate winning percentage, have recently showed signs of reducing costs. This off-season, Denver shipped starting center Marcus Camby to the Clippers merely for the right to swap second-round picks. The bad economy was cited as a reason not to extend the contract of productive forward Linas Kleiza.

    Iverson is one of the NBA's highest paid players, making more than $20 million this season.

    McDyess has been an effective big man for the Pistons, averaging nine points and nine rebounds last season in thirty minutes per game. However, he has endured several serious leg injuries, and has been playing in the NBA since 1995. Great as he is, the Nuggets are on a different schedule. It may make sense for the Nuggets -- with several forwards under contract -- to buy out McDyess as a cost-cutting move.

    The Pistons add up-tempo Iverson -- in a contract year -- when he will be eager to prove that it was no fluke he made it to the Finals in 2001. That's just an hors d'oeuvre.

    Down, the road the Pistons becomes the driving force of big-time free agency as soon as Iverson's contract comes off the books next summer. The Pistons will combine a winning environment, one of the most respected general managers in the game, and -- depending on salary cap levels that are yet to be set, and extensions that may yet be given to existing Pistons -- likely enough cap space to sign two free agent players to max contracts over the next summers of 2009 and 2010.

    Feast your eyes on this list of players who will be available. 2010 free agents include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd.

    The two that jump out to me are, of course, Chris Bosh and LeBron James. They played together nicely on Team USA, and now Dumars can at least entertain the notion of signing not one of those two, but both.

    A team that suspects one of those players might leave via free agency in 2010 might be compelled to realize some value for the player by dealing with a team under the cap like the Pistons in the summer of 2009. (The NBA's rules about matching up salaries in trades only apply to teams that are over the salary cap. Once Iverson's big contract is off the books next summer, the Pistons will be able to deal freely.)

    Today Joe Dumars has parlayed a 32-year-old point guard into a rental of Allen Iverson, and the bedrock players of the Pistons' long-term future.

    While there is significant risk -- the Pistons with Billups were contenders this year, and they make take a step back -- this may well come to be seen as the greatest move yet from one of the NBA's sharpest general managers.
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

  2. #2
    DTroppens's Avatar
    DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    37,403

    Default

    Just reading that has me more pumped up than ever.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

    "I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

  3. #3
    Deleterious's Avatar
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    32,283

    Default

    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

    At the other end of the spectrum there is a minimum team salary, which is defined as 75% of the salary cap.
    You can't horde salary cap space. So unless they are signing people to 1 year deals, they can not save the space to sign two big FA's in 2010.

  4. #4
    sagnam's Avatar
    sagnam is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    But they can take on 2 big expiring contracts next season as well.
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

  5. #5
    tigerkid23's Avatar
    tigerkid23 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Michigan University
    Posts
    10,218

    Default

    People need to stop talking about Chris Bosh and LeBron James before I start really freaking out.
    "I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile." ~ Tom Clark

  6. #6
    Deleterious's Avatar
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    32,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagnam View Post
    But they can take on 2 big expiring contracts next season as well.
    How do you propose they do that?

  7. #7
    lesgoblu02's Avatar
    lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    23,301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    How do you propose they do that?
    Joe can get creative. Hell, Denver swapped second round picks with the Clippers to take Camby off their hands. I'm sure Joe can find some desperate team wanting to shed a bad contract.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

  8. #8
    sagnam's Avatar
    sagnam is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    How do you propose they do that?
    The same way they got one this year (also the same way everyone gets them). Perhaps trade two expiring contracts this year for 2 next year. I'd hope you would be able to come up with these answers yourself.
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

  9. #9
    Deleterious's Avatar
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    32,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagnam View Post
    The same way they got one this year (also the same way everyone gets them). Perhaps trade two expiring contracts this year for 2 next year.
    There is not a GM dumb enough to trade 09 expiring deals for 2010 expiring deals. Every team wants the cap space in 2010, not next year.

  10. #10
    Buddahfan is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    What the Pistons need is a guy to replace Sheed and Lebron is not that guy.

    Bosh is signed througt 2009-10 and

    Boozer would be interesting to pair with Amir but that still leaves the problem of having a big stong guy in the middle.

    Okur will available next summer. LOL

    Other than that there is not much in the way of big guys available next summer. Kwame is not the guy to replace Sheed.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9608

  11. #11
    sagnam's Avatar
    sagnam is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    There is not a GM dumb enough to trade 09 expiring deals for 2010 expiring deals. Every team wants the cap space in 2010, not next year.
    Every team that feels they have a shot at the big names. Others will look elsewhere.
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

  12. #12
    Buddahfan is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    There is not a GM dumb enough to trade 09 expiring deals for 2010 expiring deals. Every team wants the cap space in 2010, not next year.
    Kobe is available for next year.

  13. #13
    Deleterious's Avatar
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    32,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagnam View Post
    Every team that feels they have a shot at the big names. Others will look elsewhere.
    Pretty much every team in the league that can is clearing cap space for 2010, regardless of their chances on landing the big names. That FA class is huge and very very deep.

  14. #14
    Buddha's Avatar
    Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    41,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post
    What the Pistons need is a guy to replace Sheed and Lebron is not that guy.

    Bosh is signed througt 2009-10 and

    Boozer would be interesting to pair with Amir but that still leaves the problem of having a big stong guy in the middle.

    Okur will available next summer. LOL

    Other than that there is not much in the way of big guys available next summer. Kwame is not the guy to replace Sheed.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9608
    LeBron makes any team instantly into a championship contender. You don't not go after Lebron because you need to sign a center. You go after Lebron and, if you get him, sign whomever to play center.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

  15. #15
    DaBishop's Avatar
    DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Gloucester, MA
    Posts
    8,159

    Default

    I found the part interesting that says they don't have to match salaries to trade next year. That could be very helpful in getting Joe to the place he wants to be in terms of 2010.
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

  16. #16
    Buddahfan is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    LeBron makes any team instantly into a championship contender. You don't not go after Lebron because you need to sign a center. You go after Lebron and, if you get him, sign whomever to play center.
    The Cavs are not a serious contender now anymore than they were the year that the NBA and ESPN fixed it so that Lebron would get to the Finals only to get his hat handed back to him a silver platter.

    I have seen Kobe and Lebron play many times and while Lebron is very very good when you disregard how many easy layouts and foul shots he misses Kobe is now on another planet by himself.

    He totally shut down Roy until the game was no longer in doubt and he shut down AI more than enough so that other than a short flurry in the in late 3rd or early 4th quarter AI was totally ineffective against the Lakers.

    Lebron may be the best player on this planet, but Kobe has taken his game to another planet where they play at a much higher level.

  17. #17
    Mschottey1985's Avatar
    Mschottey1985 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post
    The Cavs are not a serious contender now anymore than they were the year that the NBA and ESPN fixed it so that Lebron would get to the Finals only to get his hat handed back to him a silver platter.
    Credibility
    /done

  18. #18
    Shelton's Avatar
    Shelton is online now MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    25,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mschottey1985 View Post
    Credibility
    /done
    It took you that long to realize that?
    AAT: Ian Kinsler

  19. #19
    Buddahfan is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mschottey1985 View Post
    Credibility
    /done
    That is your opinion

    Care to prove your point about Lebron

    How many Finals has he gotten the Cavs to?

    The one year that he got them there all Pistons fans did was complain about how awful our defense was when he scored all of those unanswered points. Then Lebron winds up looking like a fool in Finals

  20. #20
    Buddha's Avatar
    Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    41,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post
    The Cavs are not a serious contender now anymore than they were the year that the NBA and ESPN fixed it so that Lebron would get to the Finals only to get his hat handed back to him a silver platter.

    I have seen Kobe and Lebron play many times and while Lebron is very very good when you disregard how many easy layouts and foul shots he misses Kobe is now on another planet by himself.

    He totally shut down Roy until the game was no longer in doubt and he shut down AI more than enough so that other than a short flurry in the in late 3rd or early 4th quarter AI was totally ineffective against the Lakers.

    Lebron may be the best player on this planet, but Kobe has taken his game to another planet where they play at a much higher level.
    This is silly. The Cavs are the favorites to win the East, IMO. Now that the Pistons have Iverson, I'd say they are just behind them along with the Celtics. You don't stop LeBron in the playoffs. And after they turn Wally Sczerbiak into a good complimentary player (Michael Redd?), the Cavs will be the prohibitive favorite in the East.

    I'm as big of a Kobe fan as there is, but he's not as good as LeBron offensively (and, quite frankly, I think Kobe's defense at this point is overrated) anymore.

    When LeBron wants to play, he's the best player on the planet. He's Kobe but 25 pounds of muscle, less wear and tear, and less selfish.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

  21. #21
    Buddahfan is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
    It took you that long to realize that?
    Seems like you are twisting the argument for your own purposes?

    I have not said that Lebron wasn't good. In fact I said that he is very very good.

    I have also said 4 other things about him.

    1. He fails to finish on a lot of easy layups which if you watch him play like against Boston opening night you will see is a true statement

    2. He misses a lot of key free throws like he did against Boston opening night. In fact those missed free throws cost the Cavs the game. It does no good to take your team to the water if you can't unlock the fountain so that they can drink

    3. He is not good enough to make the any team an instant contender. Fact: The Cavs have only gotten to the Finals one year since he has been in the league. Fact. If we had played defense that one game against him he never would have gotten them to the Finals that year

    4. Kobe is a better player. Fact - Kobe was MVP last year and has 3 NBA rings. Lebron has zero rings.

    Now care to counter my points with facts and not sarcasm?

  22. #22
    tigerkid23's Avatar
    tigerkid23 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Michigan University
    Posts
    10,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post
    That is your opinion

    Care to prove your point about Lebron

    How many Finals has he gotten the Cavs to?
    How many did MJ get to in his first five seasons? Dumb argument.
    "I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile." ~ Tom Clark

  23. #23
    Buddha's Avatar
    Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    41,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post
    That is your opinion

    Care to prove your point about Lebron

    How many Finals has he gotten the Cavs to?

    The one year that he got them there all Pistons fans did was complain about how awful our defense was when he scored all of those unanswered points. Then Lebron winds up looking like a fool in Finals
    Put Pao Gasol, and Lamar Odom on his team and LeBron would have been in the Finals last year too.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

  24. #24
    tigerkid23's Avatar
    tigerkid23 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Michigan University
    Posts
    10,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post

    4. Kobe is a better player. Fact - Kobe was MVP last year and has 3 NBA rings. Lebron has zero rings.
    Now care to counter my points with facts and not sarcasm?

    How many rings has Kobe won without playing with one of the greatest players of all time? Another dumb argument. Hell, give LeBron James guys like Bynum, Odoms, and Gasol instead of Ilgauskas, Wallace, and West and LeBron would win a championship.
    Last edited by tigerkid23; 11-03-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    "I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile." ~ Tom Clark

  25. #25
    cruzer1's Avatar
    cruzer1 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    32,069
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    LeBron makes any team instantly into a championship contender. You don't not go after Lebron because you need to sign a center. You go after Lebron and, if you get him, sign whomever to play center.
    You are wrong, my friend. His game doesn't mesh with Amir's, so you are wrong.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

  26. #26
    JonBenke's Avatar
    JonBenke is offline Released
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    24,358

    Default

    Couldn't they offer Rasheed a very fat ONE YEAR DEAL to stay? Pay him a crap load of money .. to cover that space?

  27. #27
    Deleterious's Avatar
    Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    32,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonBenke View Post
    Couldn't they offer Rasheed a very fat ONE YEAR DEAL to stay? Pay him a crap load of money .. to cover that space?
    Sure, if he would accept it. You could with AI as well.

  28. #28
    Buddha's Avatar
    Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    41,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahfan View Post

    1. He fails to finish on a lot of easy layups which if you watch him play like against Boston opening night you will see is a true statement
    Anecdotal evidence at best. Even if he did "miss a lot of easy layups," which is very debateable, he still led the league in field goals and points last year, as well as leading it in "PER".

    2. He misses a lot of key free throws like he did against Boston opening night. In fact those missed free throws cost the Cavs the game. It does no good to take your team to the water if you can't unlock the fountain so that they can drink
    He beat the **** out of your precious Pistons, which Kobe couldn't do when he had a team with Shaq on it. LeBron had Ilguaskas. Now tell me how Ilgauskas was better than Shaq.

    He also took that series with the Celtics to seven games and almost single-handedly beat them in game seven, in Boston. Did Kobe do that? Where was Kobe when the Lakers were losing a 20 point lead? Where was Kobe when the Lakers were getting blown out by 40 in the deciding game? Where was Kobe when the Pistons were whooping the Lakers in 2004?

    Go ahead and do what you usually do: blame the refs.

    3. He is not good enough to make the any team an instant contender.
    What is a contender? A team that makes the playoffs with a chance to make it to the championship every year? That's the definition of the Cavs. The Lakers have only become a contender with the emergence of Bynum and the Gasol trade. Before that they were a 6th or 7th seed with no shot. Kobe wasn't good enough to make them a contender without a strong supporting cast, which James has NEVER had.

    If you don't think the Cavs are a contender, you don't know what a contender is. The Cavs would have beaten the Pistons in the playoffs last year too.

    Fact: The Cavs have only gotten to the Finals one year since he has been in the league. Fact. If we had played defense that one game against him he never would have gotten them to the Finals that year.
    You fail to understand the difference between a fact and your opinion.

    "IF" you would have played defense? How about IF LeBron James hadn't been making step back three pointers while falling out of bounds? Or driving past Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton and Chanucery Billups like they were standing still?

    When LeBron James is making his outside shot, he is unstoppable. There are two criticisms of James: hasn't improved his jumper significantly and doesn't always play good defense. Even so, right now, he's a better player than Kobe (and I am a huge Kobe fan).

    4. Kobe is a better player. Fact - Kobe was MVP last year and has 3 NBA rings. Lebron has zero rings.
    FACT: John Salley is a much better player than Charles Barkley ever was. Barkley has zero rings.

    FACT: Robert Horry is a much better player than Karl Malone ever was. Malone has zero rings.

    FACT: You don't know the difference between a fact and your opinion.

    Now care to counter my points with facts and not sarcasm?
    Consider yourself countered.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

  29. #29
    JonBenke's Avatar
    JonBenke is offline Released
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    24,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Sure, if he would accept it. You could with AI as well.
    Than I would do just that, same with AI or any other 09 free agent .. someone is bound to sign.

    To have the chance of adding TWO OF THE 2010 FREE AGENTS, you can't pass that up .. that'd be so sick.

    PG: Rodney Suckey
    SG: Dwayne Wade/LeBron James
    SF: Tayshaun Prince
    PF: Chris Bosh
    CE: Amir Johnson

    ...that'd be nice, and all four would benefit from playing alongside Amir Johnson!



    ps - Buddha is my favorite poster!!

  30. #30
    DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerkid23 View Post
    People need to stop talking about Chris Bosh and LeBron James before I start really freaking out.
    I think Bosh is a possibility. Lebron James is going to NY.

  31. #31
    JonBenke's Avatar
    JonBenke is offline Released
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    24,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    I think Bosh is a possibility. Lebron James is going to NY.
    Yeah, because they have won so many championships in the past 20+ years.

  32. #32
    stevie-y's Avatar
    stevie-y is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonBenke View Post
    Yeah, because they have won so many championships in the past 20+ years.
    I don't think he cares about how many championships they've won, him and Jay-Z have a hard-on for each other.

  33. #33
    holygoat's Avatar
    holygoat is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    14,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Put Pao Gasol, and Lamar Odom on his team and LeBron would have been in the Finals last year too.
    This is really all the countering that needed to be done, but your longer post was fun to read.

  34. #34
    Timberwolf's Avatar
    Timberwolf is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,918
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    This is silly. The Cavs are the favorites to win the East, IMO. Now that the Pistons have Iverson, I'd say they are just behind them along with the Celtics. You don't stop LeBron in the playoffs. And after they turn Wally Sczerbiak into a good complimentary player (Michael Redd?), the Cavs will be the prohibitive favorite in the East.
    You really think Cleveland is the best team in the East? Lebron is good, but his supporting cast is nothing to write home. I like Boston. This team is hungry, and I think Pierce, KG, and Allen like to get more rings.

    As for Wally being a good complimentary player, that's never going to happen. Wally was overrated in his time with the Wolves. All this guy would do is hoist shots that never went in. He had zero discipline with the ball.
    "Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I don't even care if it makes me look like sour grapes. Screw them and their fans who are reading this and gloating." -- GoGoCrede on Twins fans.

  35. #35
    jonjd is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    I think Bosh is a possibility. Lebron James is going to NY.
    IMO, Bosh will not leave Toronto. He is their franchise and they will give him exactly what he wants.

    Although this article has me thinking just a little bit more: http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...asketball/home

    Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo's quote sums it all up: "But if we take care of our own business, build a competitive team and treat people right, players should want to stay here."
    Last edited by jonjd; 11-04-2008 at 02:27 AM.

  36. #36
    DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,126

    Default

    Kobe Bryant is better then Lebron James, he just doesn't play in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland isn't better then Detroit either, they beat them one playoff series a couple of years ago, good for them, let's see if they can duplicate that. They no longer have their big guards which stopped Billups, Hughes/Snow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •