Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...01817700302848

Wonder why Detroit isn't trying to keep him.
    Because he's Franks buddy, that's why he probably is looking at NJ now.

Where LF goes RR is close behind.

NBA.com Roy Rogers

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

Upon taking a longer look, I realized that Monroe is just about identical to Lamarcus Aldridge. Its eerie

LA has become a 20 ppg guy over time and who knows if Monroe will, but Monroe has him beat in steals, assists and particularly boards. Actually, Monroe's arguably a better version of Aldridge.
    Last edited by Nastradamus; 06-18-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

We sort of already discussed this when he was hired.

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2013/06...ractice-court/

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Upon taking a longer look, I realized that Monroe is just about identical to Lamarcus Aldridge. Its eerie

LA has become a 20 ppg guy over time and who knows if Monroe will, but Monroe has him beat in steals, assists and particularly boards. Actually, Monroe's arguably a better version of Aldridge.
    LMA is a loads better shooter, but he really isn't a very good rebounder and needs to be coaxed into the paint. That said he is an elite stretch 4, probably a better fit next to Drummond then Monroe, Monroe's best position I believe is center, he doesn't have a typical PF skill set which could hold him back, could be trouble against athletic 4's defensively, offensively G Monroe should have an advantage with his post proficiency.

People scoff at stuff like this, but I think implementing a culture is HUGE as far as a coach's responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    LMA is a loads better shooter, but he really isn't a very good rebounder and needs to be coaxed into the paint. That said he is an elite stretch 4, probably a better fit next to Drummond then Monroe, Monroe's best position I believe is center, he doesn't have a typical PF skill set which could hold him back, could be trouble against athletic 4's defensively, offensively G Monroe should have an advantage with his post proficiency.
    He's a better jump shooter, but I'll take the guy who will bang in the paint. Monroe's a better TS% guy, a better rebounder and also gets more assists and steals. THey rate about dead even defensively and neither blocks shots.

I just find it amusing because if you told most Pistons fans they could have Aldridge for Monroe, they'd probably do it.

For all the flack he receives, who in the entire Eastern conference has a significant edge at the 4 over Monroe? Shoot who in the NBA has a PF that you would rather have for the next 5-10 years? I'd say Kevin Love, Blake Griffin and then I had a tough time finding anyone else.

Pistons open at 300/1 odds to win the title next year. Second worst but not as bad as Orlando and Charlotte who open at 500/1. So we got that going for us.

Greg Monroe will be on the Jim Rome show today at 1:40 PM. I think you can stream his show here:

CBS Sports Radio 1270 CBS Detroit

Greg Monroe will be on the Jim Rome show today at 1:40 PM. I think you can stream his show here:

CBS Sports Radio 1270 CBS Detroit
    Maybe he will demand to be re-upped at the Max or traded.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    Maybe he will demand to be re-upped at the Max or traded.
    I wish. Forcing Joe to trade him would be a good thing.

Deserves it more than Cousins, but that's another issue I guess.

Deserves it more than Cousins, but that's another issue I guess.
    I will take insane statements for $500 Alex.

People say this, but I can't figure out why. Especially you. Cousins is like the JR Smith of Cs.

People say this, but I can't figure out why. Especially you. Cousins is like the JR Smith of Cs.
    I never said Cousins deserves max. My issue was you saying Monroe deserves it more.

I really don't think either of them deserves a max deal. But I would bet large sums of money both get it. Which is a shame.

I never said Cousins deserves max. My issue was you saying Monroe deserves it more.
    Right, and thats the part I disagreed with. I mean, you can make an argument for Cousins having a higher ceiling and I get that, but he's just so ridiculously inefficient. 45% for a 7 footer, high TOs and he's a headcase. You don't see a lot of headcases as major players on championship teams.

I really don't think either of them deserves a max deal. But I would bet large sums of money both get it. Which is a shame.
    Its very possible. I don't know if I'd go as far to say its a shame. That's the realities of having a max salary.

Right, and thats the part I disagreed with. I mean, you can make an argument for Cousins having a higher ceiling and I get that, but he's just so ridiculously inefficient. 45% for a 7 footer, high TOs and he's a headcase. You don't see a lot of headcases as major players on championship teams.

Its very possible. I don't know if I'd go as far to say its a shame. That's the realities of having a max salary.
    Cousins was actually 52.4% vs 52.7% for Monroe.
    Last edited by Deleterious; 06-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

That's TS%, mine was FG%. Also, that represents a huge jump for Cousins and a huge drop for Monroe off their 2 year averages. Its very possible Cousins may continue to improve, but I think its more likely that Monroe progresses back to his mean, at the least.

DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan

wow...we're comparing Monroe and Cousins? I wonder how many times this conversation has happened on this thread alone, not to mention the MB. I'm just gonna post this every time it's started from now on

Quote Originally Posted by DaBishop View Post
    This Cousins stuff coming out of some of these people computers on here is INSANE!!! Fine, YOU don't like Monroe. YOU think he sucks. That doesn't mean it's what everyone else thinks. Look around the internet. Read the random meaningless player rankings. Almost no one outside of this stupid message board thinks Greg Monroe is bad. Only slightly more people think DeMarcus Cousins is enormously better then Monroe with slightly more think he's better at all. MOST people think they're pretty equal(with some you'll be shocked to hear even think Monroe is better) and EVERYONE thinks Monroe has better character and is less of a head-ache.

So again, fine...YOU want Detroit to trade Monroe for Cousins, but realizing how everyone else outside of YOU feels about these two players, why don't we just use this information when we talk about this.

And I hear people who are concerned about paying Monroe big money because he might not blossom into a better player, but no one's concerned about giving a pain in the ashe like Cousins big money as if paying him a near max contract would make him a better teammate and more easily manageable? Wow...just wow
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

MAROTH4MVP is offline MotownSports Fan

I think Tom Gores sucks as an owner!
    I miss you dad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBishop View Post
    wow...we're comparing Monroe and Cousins? I wonder how many times this conversation has happened on this thread alone, not to mention the MB. I'm just gonna post this every time it's started from now on
    Funny thing is it happens on SacTown boards as well, only in the opposite direction. In fact if you visit you will find threads at them moment about the Max deal issue, and some of the comments refer to he should get what Monroe gets. When they talk about trading him, a load of times they want Monroe for him as well, but aren't sure Detroit would do that straight up, and what kind of filler they would need to toss in.

Cousins max deal or trade?

5 page thread on the Cousins max deal comments.

Not one mention of moving him for Monroe...mostly because that is crazy talk.

In fact, at the end they mention moving him for Noah and most say they wouldn't do it. Noah is twice the player Monroe (Or Cousins) is.

Most, but not all, agree that Cousins should be maxed out.

I love defensive players as much as the next guy, but Noah is twice the player Monroe is? That's a lot more extreme than saying Monroe is more deserving of the max than Cousins.

I love defensive players as much as the next guy, but Noah is twice the player Monroe is? That's a lot more extreme than saying Monroe is more deserving of the max than Cousins.
    Well, I don't think there is a way to gauge the exact amount someone is better than another player. It was just said to show Noah is a much better player than Monroe by quite a wide margin.

itsallgood8989 is offline MotownSports Fan

Well, I don't think there is a way to gauge the exact amount someone is better than another player. It was just said to show Noah is a much better player than Monroe by quite a wide margin.
    I disagree with this.... Put Monroe with the talent base the Bulls have and this isn't even a thought.....
    2014 ATT Ian Krol
    2012 ATT Hernan Perez

Quote Originally Posted by itsallgood8989 View Post
    I disagree with this.... Put Monroe with the talent base the Bulls have and this isn't even a thought.....
    Hey its a free country, you have every right to be wrong.

Is there a player in the league more excuses are made for than Monroe?

Put him next to a defensive center and he would be good!

Put him with players better than him and he would be good!

Good lord people.

Cousins is a disaster! I want no part of him. Pistons are in a position that no one other than Drummond is untouchable. I absolutely have no problem trading Greg Monroe, I'm just not going to undervalue him and trade him for a bad character or less than my perception of value. I'm ok trading him and I'm very ok in keeping him. I do see value in trading him for a more athletic type of player that would fit better next to Drummond.
    2014 ATT Ian Krol
    2012 ATT Hernan Perez

Good lord people.
    There's a lot more excuses to make him look bad. If he "fixed" all the things that people rip him for, he'd be the best player in history of the NBA.

There's a lot more excuses to make him look bad. If he "fixed" all the things that people rip him for, he'd be the best player in history of the NBA.
    lol now you are making excuses for the people that make excuses for him.

Not the case at all. There is a part of the fanbase that likes to make Monroe sound like something he isn't and it isn't the people saying positive things about him. Its fine to point out the things that he doesn't do, as with any player, but in the end, you still have to acknowledge what he is as a player.

I said earlier in the thread he's Lamarcus Aldridge, I think that's pretty fair. I highly doubt you or anyone else would make the statement that Joakim Noah is twice the player Aldridge is though. Its fun to hate on your own I guess, especially in Detroit where we hate our coaches,goalies and QBs no matter what.

Good lord people.

I think your mistake is in undervaluing Monroe.... Greg Monroe is pretty good! You seem to undervalue him because he isn't a "10" across the board in all of the "expert" evaluations. I'm not sure LaBron James is a "10" across the board in evals either!

Understand what Monroe is, he is mostly a double double player per game that is young and still developing. Granted he isn't the most athletic, but he is a producer. The argument can be made that he is a producer because few others on the roster are.... but that is a whole different discussion! I'm mostly disappointed that Knight hasn't developed better and seized the opportunity presented to him. Because of this, we may end up taking a lesser valued player at #8 just so we can hope to have a true PG. Unfortunately, Calderon is likely to be way overvalued in the FA market to bring him back

Cash is king! Hold our money and only make good prudent FA buys! No more Gordon's or CV's....

BTW, Keep CV and look to trade the expiring contract at the next trade deadline for an asset!
    2014 ATT Ian Krol
    2012 ATT Hernan Perez

Not the case at all. There is a part of the fanbase that likes to make Monroe sound like something he isn't and it isn't the people saying positive things about him. Its fine to point out the things that he doesn't do, as with any player, but in the end, you still have to acknowledge what he is as a player.

I said earlier in the thread he's Lamarcus Aldridge, I think that's pretty fair. I highly doubt you or anyone else would make the statement that Joakim Noah is twice the player Aldridge is though. Its fun to hate on your own I guess, especially in Detroit where we hate our coaches,goalies and QBs no matter what.
    Yeah, and DrWho, who is a Monroe fan, told you why that wasn't a very accurate comparison.

And I don't know about all Detroit fans, but I do know that you way way way overvalue Pistons players. Pretty sure you were the last one off the Stuckey bandwagon. Wasn't it you who said CV has a dazzling array of offensive talent?

I know Dabishop made possibly one of the craziest predictions about Monroe when he said he was a 22/12/5 type guy.

The entire Monroe debate really irks me. Mostly because I agree with Buddha on it. And you guys know how much I hate that.

The entire Monroe debate really irks me. Mostly because I agree with Buddha on it. And you guys know how much I hate that.
    Irk, works both ways!
    2014 ATT Ian Krol
    2012 ATT Hernan Perez

Buddha is online now MotownSports Fan

Yes, feel the hate! Come over to the dark side...
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Buddha is online now MotownSports Fan

Aldridge and Monroe are completely different players. Aldridge can shoot and Monroe can bang inside. Some of their "numbers" might look similar but they are totally different.

Noah owns Monroe. There's no evidence that Monroe is as good as Noah. As to the argument that Noah has better players around him I would counter to say that if Noah was placed on a team with a bunch of non-shooters like the Pistons his rebound numbers would be even better than they are in Chicago. Moreover, his scoring numbers would be better because he would actually have plays called for him.

Put Monroe on the Bulls and he's a bench player. He wouldn't start over Noah or Boozer. Or Gibson ;)
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Aldridge and Monroe are completely different players. Aldridge can shoot and Monroe can bang inside. Some of their "numbers" might look similar but they are totally different.

Noah owns Monroe. There's no evidence that Monroe is as good as Noah. As to the argument that Noah has better players around him I would counter to say that if Noah was placed on a team with a bunch of non-shooters like the Pistons his rebound numbers would be even better than they are in Chicago. Moreover, his scoring numbers would be better because he would actually have plays called for him.

Put Monroe on the Bulls and he's a bench player. He wouldn't start over Noah or Boozer. Or Gibson ;)

Both are double double players with Monroe average 6 more points a game... but I see your point about opportunity to score on on the Bull's versus the Pistons. So it boils down to a 6'11" 250 center versus a 6'11" 230 center...... me? I prefer more of a low post space eater versus a float out a draw the defense out or take the jump shot center.

In saying that, a true Championship type team, needs that type of center... think Bill Laimbeer. For that reason, I wouldn't mind getting a latter 1st round pick and taking Kelly Olynk to be that offensive center that has natural offensive instincts.... yes, his defense needs major work, but I think that can be taught. I like Kelly as my Laimbeer type of center, Monroe as my Mahorn and Drummond as my (much better) Rodman type, Unfortunately, we don't have a Zeke or Chauncy on this team.... can Burke fill that role? I don't know.... I'm pretty sure the Syracuse PG is a fail.
    2014 ATT Ian Krol
    2012 ATT Hernan Perez

Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast