Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    At least Joe got them out from under the long term bad contracts for terrible players. Well, at least until July when he will probably reload on long term bad contracts for terrible players.
    I think that's essentially a certainty.

Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

I still think Joe should go, but I'm kind of done beating that drum. If he is being allowed to hire a new coach and spend all this cap space, Joe is going to be around quite a while I think.

DrWho17 is offline MotownSports Fan

Well, I hope he does some clever stuff, not any big signings, but maybe use that capspace to aquire picks.

For example, take Shawn Marion and #12 for a #56 this year.

DetroitCity313 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I said all this the year he signed Gordon and Charlie V. I thought he deserved a chance to rebuild after creating such a great team. Since that time his moves have not panned out and have been very detrimental to the team. His coaching hires have been terrible. His draft picks other than Drummond have been average at best.

I feel he has had his chance to rebuild the team and failed. Why does he deserve yet another chance?
    I wouldn’t defend Joe D like that and would have had no problem with him being let go 3 years ago. If they did it this off-season, I would have been fine too.

Through all the bad moves, Joe D. has the Pistons in what many would consider an ideal position for a rebuilding franchise. Two young big men to build the team around, another lottery pick, and a lot of cap space. However you want to slice it, that is very appealing. The question is what we do with that potential now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho17 View Post
    Well, I hope he does some clever stuff, not any big signings, but maybe use that capspace to aquire picks.

For example, take Shawn Marion and #12 for a #56 this year.
    I definitely think that is the best way to go.

This team needs young cheap talent. And the draft is by far the easiest way to obtain it.

Yeah, nobody wants Marion here. But they have to spend 90% of the cap space by rule. So spend it on bigger 1 year deals like that to obtain extra picks. Its easily the best move.

I definitely think that is the best way to go.

This team needs young cheap talent. And the draft is by far the easiest way to obtain it.

Yeah, nobody wants Marion here. But they have to spend 90% of the cap space by rule. So spend it on bigger 1 year deals like that to obtain extra picks. Its easily the best move.
    More draft picks + a good locker room presence like Marion would be good. I would like to inject some champions into this roster to at least put around Monroe, Drummond, Knight and the young guys. This team has had a horrible problem with attitudes (Stuckey, Villanueva) and it would be nice to drown them out with solid vets like Marion.

RatkoVarda is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TaterSalad View Post
    Cavaliers, Bobcats, Mavericks rumored to be interested in DeMarcus Cousins | ProBasketballTalk

Can we just please trade for DeMarcus Cousins already? I'll give the Kings anything or anyone they want not named Andre Drummond. Joe, please, please make it happen.
    +1. The Kings are starting over and don't want to build around a "bad guy" like DC. They also have some bad but not horrible contracts the Pistons could take on with their cap space.

DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan

Any chance we could land Hollins as coach?
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    I wouldn’t defend Joe D like that and would have had no problem with him being let go 3 years ago. If they did it this off-season, I would have been fine too.

Through all the bad moves, Joe D. has the Pistons in what many would consider an ideal position for a rebuilding franchise. Two young big men to build the team around, another lottery pick, and a lot of cap space. However you want to slice it, that is very appealing. The question is what we do with that potential now.
    Yep, I agree. I think its important to have good vets around the young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBishop View Post
    Any chance we could land Hollins as coach?
    Probably a really small chance. Still worth a phone call in my opinion. I like him a lot.

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitCity313 View Post
    More draft picks + a good locker room presence like Marion would be good. I would like to inject some champions into this roster to at least put around Monroe, Drummond, Knight and the young guys. This team has had a horrible problem with attitudes (Stuckey, Villanueva) and it would be nice to drown them out with solid vets like Marion.
    Honestly I'd buy Marion out, either way I like the idea of getting him and the 12 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RatkoVarda View Post
    +1. The Kings are starting over and don't want to build around a "bad guy" like DC. They also have some bad but not horrible contracts the Pistons could take on with their cap space.
    Why do we want to build around a "bad guy"? How many championship teams are built around that kind of character? Plus I don't see him and Drummond fitting well on court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TaterSalad View Post
    You see more potential with a Monroe/Drummond paring long-term than you do Cousins/Drummond?
    Yes, plus I don't think we could get him for Monroe straight up necessarily. More reasoning above.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I said all this the year he signed Gordon and Charlie V. I thought he deserved a chance to rebuild after creating such a great team. Since that time his moves have not panned out and have been very detrimental to the team. His coaching hires have been terrible. His draft picks other than Drummond have been average at best.

I feel he has had his chance to rebuild the team and failed. Why does he deserve yet another chance?
    He had 2 chances to rebuild the team actually. He failed once(pretty miserably so) and was succeful once(pretty wildly so) and that's a lot better of a resume than just about anyone(or maybe anyone,period) that we could hire on the open market right now. Sure, he could end up recreating the Ben G/Charlie V mess, I fully admit that. He could recreate Chauncey/Ben too, or somewhere in between.

Houston Rockets trying to trade Thomas Robinson to free up cap space for run at Dwight Howard

He has been disappointing for sure. But the Pistons should be all over this. Again, they have to spend the cap space anyway. Do it on a young player who might blossom that is on a fairly cheap contract for the next few years.

pyrotigers is offline MotownSports Fan

Houston Rockets trying to trade Thomas Robinson to free up cap space for run at Dwight Howard

He has been disappointing for sure. But the Pistons should be all over this. Again, they have to spend the cap space anyway. Do it on a young player who might blossom that is on a fairly cheap contract for the next few years.
    My first thought when I saw this was 'can the Pistons get this guy for essentially cash?'
    Kobernoooooous

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Honestly I'd buy Marion out, either way I like the idea of getting him and the 12 pick.
    I've also proposed #8 to Utah for #14 and #21 to Utah fans and they seem to like that.

Thomas Robinson can be had from Houston right now for a future #2 as well, should take a shot at him. Houston is in extreme dump mode ATM, they are going for D Howard again.

COME TO THE PISTONS DUMP YOUR BAD CONTRACTS ON US, WITH SOME ASSETTS, Houston has #17 and #18 as well, they don't want the hit on those either.

The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said. Yahoo! Sports
    Last edited by DrWho17; 05-30-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Yes, plus I don't think we could get him for Monroe straight up necessarily. More reasoning above.
    Sac fans would go for that, they've seen Cousins a lot and they even thought they may have to do filler for Monroe. Cousins highs may be higher, but his lows are lower, stick with G Monroe.

DaBishop is offline MotownSports Fan

This Cousins stuff coming out of some of these people computers on here is INSANE!!! Fine, YOU don't like Monroe. YOU think he sucks. That doesn't mean it's what everyone else thinks. Look around the internet. Read the random meaningless player rankings. Almost no one outside of this stupid message board thinks Greg Monroe is bad. Only slightly more people think DeMarcus Cousins is enormously better then Monroe with slightly more think he's better at all. MOST people think they're pretty equal(with some you'll be shocked to hear even think Monroe is better) and EVERYONE thinks Monroe has better character and is less of a head-ache.

So again, fine...YOU want Detroit to trade Monroe for Cousins, but realizing how everyone else outside of YOU feels about these two players, why don't we just use this information when we talk about this.

And I hear people who are concerned about paying Monroe big money because he might not blossom into a better player, but no one's concerned about giving a pain in the ashe like Cousins big money as if paying him a near max contract would make him a better teammate and more easily manageable? Wow...just wow
    Tigerbrand coffee is a real treat, even tigers prefer it to real meat.

ScrubBeaterUpper is offline MotownSports Fan

Why do we want to build around a "bad guy"? How many championship teams are built around that kind of character? Plus I don't see him and Drummond fitting well on court.
    Is this serious? Kobe is a bad guy, terrible teammate, probable rapist, ego out of the stratosphere, coach killer, Shaq killer, Smush Parker killer(!)....... Jordan, also a real bad guy.

These guys are just so talented that people out up with these A-holes because of the fame and cash they get in the process. Jordan pnched Steve Kerr, granted, I want to too, but still.

I think the Kings new owners will want a year with Cousins before making any decisions on his future.

The Maloofs ran a pretty unstable dysfunctional organization. If Ranadive can come in and provide some stability, a good coach, etc, it will go a long ways to helping Cousins.

RatkoVarda is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaBishop View Post
    This Cousins stuff coming out of some of these people computers on here is INSANE!!! Fine, YOU don't like Monroe. YOU think he sucks. That doesn't mean it's what everyone else thinks. Look around the internet. Read the random meaningless player rankings. Almost no one outside of this stupid message board thinks Greg Monroe is bad. Only slightly more people think DeMarcus Cousins is enormously better then Monroe with slightly more think he's better at all. MOST people think they're pretty equal(with some you'll be shocked to hear even think Monroe is better) and EVERYONE thinks Monroe has better character and is less of a head-ache.

So again, fine...YOU want Detroit to trade Monroe for Cousins, but realizing how everyone else outside of YOU feels about these two players, why don't we just use this information when we talk about this.

And I hear people who are concerned about paying Monroe big money because he might not blossom into a better player, but no one's concerned about giving a pain in the ashe like Cousins big money as if paying him a near max contract would make him a better teammate and more easily manageable? Wow...just wow
    It's very simple. I'm a really big fan of Greg Monroe. But Cousins is better right now and has the potential to be dominant. Monroe will never dominate. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubBeaterUpper View Post
    Is this serious? Kobe is a bad guy, terrible teammate, probable rapist, ego out of the stratosphere, coach killer, Shaq killer, Smush Parker killer(!)....... Jordan, also a real bad guy.

These guys are just so talented that people out up with these A-holes because of the fame and cash they get in the process. Jordan pnched Steve Kerr, granted, I want to too, but still.
    That's not what I meant by character. All of those guys have basketball character. Basketball and winning are everything to them. If Cousins can be as good as Shaq, I'll take him, but I really don't see that in him.

No brainer if you can do it IMO. Shoot, he was a rookie last year. Its too early to say if he's even dissapointing. His per 36 are 11 and 11 with .9 blocks and 1.4 steals.

Keepleyland2 is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotigers View Post
    My first thought when I saw this was 'can the Pistons get this guy for essentially cash?'
    they can give up a second pick which is a non guaranteed contract. I think they got one in the 50s too.
    2014 AAT: Don Kelly. If Leyland can't be his manager than KL2 will appreciate the talent. Kelly Games Played in 2014:95. Dingers: 0

I would be very happy if we traded for Robinson, and any young players like him who are on cheap deals. Joe D. needs to be on top of this, not investing in a guy like OJ Mayo. Stockpile young assets.

NBA rumors: Larry Drew 'impressed' Pistons, may interview - Detroit Bad Boys

Guess that information about no more interviews wasn't true. Makes me think they are waiting on Shaw.

That's not what I meant by character. All of those guys have basketball character. Basketball and winning are everything to them. If Cousins can be as good as Shaq, I'll take him, but I really don't see that in him.
    I think Cousins wants to win, is smarter than we give him credit for, and his immaturity while unacceptable, is not a deal breaker. I mean his best friend on the team is a shy Mormon from upstate NY, how big of a jerk can he be? Get him away from perimeter players who dominate the ball for 15 seconds every position just dribbling around and then trying to make something happen, and get him in a inside outside situation (the reason he likes Jimmer because Jimmer actually feeds the post and can shoot) and he can be a real force.

The upside with Cousins is still very very high.

No brainer if you can do it IMO. Shoot, he was a rookie last year. Its too early to say if he's even dissapointing. His per 36 are 11 and 11 with .9 blocks and 1.4 steals.
    Trade exception plus a some sort of first (some protection) will probably be the asking price. Would we be willing to throw a first to Houston knowing we lose one shortly from the Gordon deal? One thing for sure is they don't want money coming in return.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubBeaterUpper View Post
    Trade exception plus a some sort of first (some protection) will probably be the asking price. Would we be willing to throw a first to Houston knowing we lose one shortly from the Gordon deal? One thing for sure is they don't want money coming in return.
    The next first round pick Detroit can trade is for 2018. So yes, I would be fine trading that away. They better be good by then, which would mean a draft pick somewhere in the 20's most likely.

https://twitter.com/teamziller/statu...72948378980352

Reporters who live/work in Sacramento: Cousins is staying. Reporters who don't: Cousins is gone. HMMMM WHO TO BELIEVE?

The next first round pick Detroit can trade is for 2018. So yes, I would be fine trading that away. They better be good by then, which would mean a draft pick somewhere in the 20's most likely.
    Do we owe a pick besides 2014?

Do we owe a pick besides 2014?
    No, its the same pick all those years. Because its top 8 protected next year, it might get bumped to 2015. Because its top 1 protected in 2015 it might get bumped to 2016. Then you cant trade a pick in consecutive years, so you can't trade 2017. If there is a chance you owe a pick, you cant trade the next years pick. That makes 2018 the first time they can trade their #1 pick. Now if they end up 9th next year that changes obviously.

Betrayer is offline MotownSports Fan

I'd be all over Houston if I was Joe. They want to shed cap and potentially first round picks that have to paid while we have cap space to spare. It's a no brainer.
    Matt Millen never left Detroit - he just started wearing a very convincing Joe Dumars costume.

No, its the same pick all those years. Because its top 8 protected next year, it might get bumped to 2015. Because its top 1 protected in 2015 it might get bumped to 2016. Then you cant trade a pick in consecutive years, so you can't trade 2017. If there is a chance you owe a pick, you cant trade the next years pick. That makes 2018 the first time they can trade their #1 pick. Now if they end up 9th next year that changes obviously.
    Gotcha. I believe you can include conditionals in another pick you trade though. Hey Houston, I'll give you a pick 2 years after Charlotte gets theres basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayer View Post
    I'd be all over Houston if I was Joe. They want to shed cap and potentially first round picks that have to paid while we have cap space to spare. It's a no brainer.
    They don't have a first though.

Gotcha. I believe you can include conditionals in another pick you trade though. Hey Houston, I'll give you a pick 2 years after Charlotte gets theres basically.
    Nope.

NBA Salary Cap FAQ

Except for pick protection and the one-time option to defer the conveyance of a pick as described above, trades must specify the precise year in which a pick is to be conveyed.

Thank you sir

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast