RedRamage is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Celebrity Diving? Suh? You're kidding, right?

ABC's 'Celebrity Diving' role a huge, irresponsible mistake for Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh, unidentified teammates say | MLive.com

Apparently Suh is going to be in a new ABC reality show: Celebrity Diving. Really? I mean on one hand it just strikes me as stupid on Suh's part. You didn't have a great year, why are you risking injury for something like this? On the other hand, it strikes me as an odd choice for ABC: Suh doesn't really have a diver's body after all.

But... on one foot maybe Suh is hoping this will give people an opportunity to view the "real" him, not just the football player. Maybe they'll see the human side of him and that he's not just a dirty player that everyone assumes he is. On the other foot, maybe ABC is trying to cash in on Suh's "fame" as well as a dirty player. Hoping that people will tune in just to see how he acts, just to see someone they love to hate and to be able to root against him.

Deleterious is offline MotownSports Fan

I'm confused. They say this show premiers on March 19th. I swear a week or two ago I heard the Drew and Mike show discussing this and making fun of the divers. Maybe they mean his episode airs March 19th.

According to wikipedia, it debut the 19th. It's possible that they have already done filming or that Drew and Mike were just making fun of the people lined up to do it if it will be live.

4hzglory is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
    ABC's 'Celebrity Diving' role a huge, irresponsible mistake for Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh, unidentified teammates say | MLive.com

Apparently Suh is going to be in a new ABC reality show: Celebrity Diving. Really? I mean on one hand it just strikes me as stupid on Suh's part. You didn't have a great year, why are you risking injury for something like this? On the other hand, it strikes me as an odd choice for ABC: Suh doesn't really have a diver's body after all.

But... on one foot maybe Suh is hoping this will give people an opportunity to view the "real" him, not just the football player. Maybe they'll see the human side of him and that he's not just a dirty player that everyone assumes he is. On the other foot, maybe ABC is trying to cash in on Suh's "fame" as well as a dirty player. Hoping that people will tune in just to see how he acts, just to see someone they love to hate and to be able to root against him.
    It has to be safer than Suh being on a show called 'Celebrity Driving'!
    Micah 7:7

tigerkid23 is offline MotownSports Fan

I'm sick of all these unidentified teammates and anonymous team executives criticizing Suh. Man up and put your name behind it or don't say anything at all. It's gotten completely out of control.
    "I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile." ~ Tom Clark

Kamakzie is offline MotownSports Fan

2014 AAT: Nick Castellanos | 2013 AAL: Nate Burleson
    Brian Bluhm Estrepe1 is #1
    RIP Brian Schultz beloved cousin 10/31/1971 - 12/18/2009

Quote Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
    According to wikipedia, it debut the 19th. It's possible that they have already done filming or that Drew and Mike were just making fun of the people lined up to do it if it will be live.
    It appears there is another diving show on FOX and that is the one they were discussing.

JWOWW, Terrell Owens among contestants on Fox's new diving show – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

It just never crossed my mind there could be two celebrity diving shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    It just never crossed my mind there could be two celebrity diving shows.
    I don't think anyone here would blame you for that Deleterious. Honestly, until I read this story it never crossed my mind that there would be one celebrity driving show.

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

I think we should create a motownsports diving show.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Kamakzie is offline MotownSports Fan

I think I could make a very big cannonball with my wheelchair but I would fry out all the electronics!
    2014 AAT: Nick Castellanos | 2013 AAL: Nate Burleson
    Brian Bluhm Estrepe1 is #1
    RIP Brian Schultz beloved cousin 10/31/1971 - 12/18/2009

Well, Louie Anderson is probably glad Suh did the show.

Louie Anderson -- Saved By Ndamukong Suh After 'Splash' Mishap | TMZ.com

Comedian Louie Anderson narrowly averted disaster this week at a taping of "Splash" -- because he nearly sank to the bottom of the pool from sheer exhaustion -- but thankfully, Detroit Lions star Ndamukong Suh came to the rescue.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ, Louie -- who's a contestant on the show -- was practicing his dives on Wednesday when he became a little too bushed to pull himself up the ladder ... falling back into the water again and again.

We're told Louie eventually had to be rescued by Suh and divemaster Greg Louganis -- who physically lifted the foundering funnyman to the poolside. Louie then sat coughing up water for several seconds.

Despite the scare, we're told Louie's gonna be fine -- his rep says Louie is already “feeling great, loving the challenge."

In other news, Suh's teammates were on to something.

Read more: Louie Anderson -- Saved By Ndamukong Suh After 'Splash' Mishap | TMZ.com
    Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store

wolverinefan is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DTroppens View Post
    I think we should create a motownsports diving show.
    We'd probably be a lot more comedic then all of these celebrities...in looks especially.
    VT
    2014 AAT - Hernan Perez
    CMW KMK CRV

Mr. Bigglesworth is offline MotownSports Fan

I can't decide what specific element of this story is the most ridiculous (Louis Anderson diving? Louie Anderson as a 'celebrity'? Suh and Greg Louganis pulling a fatigued Anderson out of the pool? A show about diving? And there are to be two shows? Suh is in a show?)

It is quite surreal.

Reports are that the NFL plans to fine Suh for flagrant holding of a defenseless player.

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I have never been one to really care what athletes do off the field. Who am I to judge them? Now if they screw up on Sunday then we have a problem.
    "And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force."

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

I just finally realized that this thread said 'Diving' the whole time I thought he was in a show about 'Celebrity DRiving'.
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Ć

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

I don't care what Suh does outside the field of play. I don't care if Migue Cabrera drinks every night so long as he is sober wen he shows up to the field and hits .330. If Suh wants to go on shows after the season, who cares. As long as he doesn't get hurt or embarass the Lions, I could care less.
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

How much less could you care?
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Corky is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Speedos with Suh and Louie Anderson? Yikes!
    2014 AAT - Phil Coke

I was thrown out of N.Y.U. my freshman year for cheating on my metaphysics final, you know. I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me. - Alvy Singer