Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Gozer is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Enjoy life after the NFL Titus...

Titus Young doesn't want to play if not getting ball - NFL.com

Love that he starts the tweet with 'I am not selfish' then proceeds to explain why he is being selfish.

tigerkid23 is offline MotownSports Fan

What a meltdown. The guy has a really good rookie season with no incidents and then completely collapses over the next twelve months completely as a result of his own stupidity and selfish behavior to the point where nobody in the league is going to touch this guy. It's just unbelievable.
    "I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile." ~ Tom Clark

azzurri is offline MotownSports Fan

The Lions should add Titus to the MUP list (Mentally Unable to Perform)

hail2mich is online now MotownSports Fan

Hahaha. That is hilarious. What a bum.

RedRamage is offline MotownSports Fan

Here are two of his tweets listed on the link above:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore"

"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"

Just... wow... Talk about someone who doesn't get it at all. Trade him for a 7th round. The kid had flashes and looked promising, but this is just way too much. Cut your losses and move on. Hopefully he grows up and learns how the world works, but I don't want to waste the time and roster spot for him to try and figure it out.

Supposedly he has an operation coming up on his knee. Let's get the doctor to perform the operation on the wrong knee, then when he complains the doctor can say: "Look, I didn't perform the wrong surgery. I just cut where a knee was and it happened to be the other side of your body from the knee you wanted me to work on." According to Titus logic, that should be okay.

Chopper is offline MotownSports Fan

Future Ryan Leaf.
    Country strong

TJ
    TJ is offline MotownSports Fan

The standard NFL player contract contains a paragraph (right up near the top) stating the player will perform to the best of his physical ability.

Terminate his contract. Today. Not another penny. Affimative breach of contract. Cancel his medical coverage too.

Go to court seeking repayment of all his paychecks since it was established he was tanking plays on purpose. Get coaches and teammates (Stafford!!!!!) to testify to that effect.

Put Stafford on the stand: "Mr. Stafford, you are a professional football quarterback, correct?"

STAFFORD: "Yes."

"In the game in question, you threw four passes in a row at least 25 yards from the receiver. Were you drunk? On drugs? Didn't know the plays? Or are you just a horrible passer in the habit of throwing the ball 25 yards from the receiver? Tell us exactly why the ball went 25 yards from the receiver."

Sue Titus's a55 into the ground.

Of course the money is all blown, but just do it anyway so if any other team signs him up, the Lions will get some of the money back.
    Last edited by TJ; 01-22-2013 at 06:25 PM.

RJBBREZ is offline MotownSports Fan

I don't know why the guy is even in the news anymore. The Lions just need to cut the cord already.

Jason_R is online now MotownSports Fan

Yes. Admit he is a failed pick and cut out the cancer.

Porcelain God is offline MotownSports Fan

From the sound of those tweets, I'm guessing that Mr. Young has already been told of his fate and now he's just trying to save face.

ROMAD1 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain God View Post
    From the sound of those tweets, I'm guessing that Mr. Young has already been told of his fate and now he's just trying to save face.
    that sounds plausible. OR, he's desperately in need of a score and told his dealer that he'd fix things with the Lions so he could front him some crack. (Can you tell that I've been watching The Wire lately?)
    'Whatever happens, we have got
    The Maxim Gun, and they have not.

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

Coming out of College was he known as a Selfish player?
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

Æ

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PuNk42AE View Post
    Coming out of College was he known as a Selfish player?
    Not really, although there he was a star and didn't have to play second fiddle or even third fiddle like he did in Detroit. He had good support around him, from all accounts Jefferson was a good coach and Kellen Moore was on the team all year, his Boise QB.

He is a selfish player, plain and simple, nothing you can do with players like him, he needs to be cut and we need to move on.

Titus D Young Sr ‏@TitusDYoungSr

2 All the Detroit fans that are speaking against me, #ItwasjustAllgoodjustaweekago
    Umm no it wasn't?

Æ

RedRamage is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
    Here are two of his tweets listed on the link above:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore"

"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"
    Just because it's fun to do, let's compare Titus comments to another young player in Detroit. One Rick Porcello:

What's Porcello's take on all the trade talk? The topic was broached during today's leg of the Winter Caravan by Matthew B. Mowery of The Oakland Press:

"I’m preparing to go down to Spring Training and get ready for a season like I would any other year. If something changes, then I’ll adjust accordingly. Right now, I’m ready to do whatever I can to help this team win. Obviously, hopefully win a spot in the rotation, otherwise do whatever I can to help the club. That’s it. That’s my job."
    Rumor mongering: Diamondbacks could flip SS prospect Nick Ahmed for Rick Porcello - Bless You Boys

Now, Porcello is about 9 months older than Young according to the calendar. But, I suspect he's more like 9 years or more older in maturity.

sagnam is offline MotownSports Fan

Titus Young continues his Twitter drive to leave Lions

By Josh Alper
    January 25, 2013, 9:21 AM EST

Earlier this week, Lions wide receiver Titus Young took to Twitter to say that he would retire from football if he didn’t get the ball more often.

That missive was met with a response from coach Jim Schwartz that consisted of the relatively reasonable response that it was a bad idea to go on Twitter to complain about your touches after a season that saw you get essentially kicked off the team for detrimental conduct. Schwartz said that there was “obviously still some ground to cover” in regard to getting Young on the same page with the team.

Young doesn’t seem to have taken all that kindly to Schwartz’s response. He was back on Twitter Friday morning with another message for the team.

“Oh I’m not done, if y’all going to cut me let me go. I’m tired of the threats,” Young tweeted. “Never needed the money Give me a dollar and a ball bet I come back*#HallofFame”

It feels like we’re just waiting for the start of the league year for Young’s eventual permanent departure from the Lions to become a reality. We probably won’t be waiting too long past the start of the league year.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ck-on-twitter/
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

Yoda is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Whiny little *****.

Part of me wishes the Lions would just keep him and make him sit on the bench all season.
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

LineCrosser is offline MotownSports Fan

He'll never play for us again, obviously, and he should never play again for anyone.

But my prediction now is that you will see Titus Young again... as a Patriot.
    As God is my witness... I thought turkeys could fly.

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LineCrosser View Post
    He'll never play for us again, obviously, and he should never play again for anyone.

But my prediction now is that you will see Titus Young again... as a Patriot.
    With whom he'll have 1,000 yards receiving and 10+ touchdowns...

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Some times gambles don't work. This gamble seems to be one of those times.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

cruzer1 is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

He truly needs to get help. He is completely misguided, a complete mess. I feel bad for him.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

I'm not happy with Titus, but I'd almost rather try to salvage the situation than cut him. I don't think we gain a lot by cutting him. Like some guys on 97.1 were saying, its possible that he can become a Vernon Davis type story if we handle it right.

Jason_R is online now MotownSports Fan

I don't trust this staff to handle it right. I can't think of a single player who has been made better by coming here, or who has out-played his draft status.

tjames16 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer1 View Post
    He truly needs to get help. He is completely misguided, a complete mess. I feel bad for him.
    For the life of me, I can’t understand how anyone can feel bad for this guy. He has been given every opportunity to clean his act up and succeed here, but he chooses to be a complete jerk and malcontent about everything. He’s a grown man acting like a petulant child… it’s just absurd.

Another Mayhew FAIL… Cut him yesterday!
    "I just told him to be himself... that was pretty mean I guess" - Roger Sterling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjames16 View Post
    For the life of me, I can’t understand how anyone can feel bad for this guy. He has been given every opportunity to clean his act up and succeed here, but he chooses to be a complete jerk and malcontent about everything. He’s a grown man acting like a petulant child… it’s just absurd.

Another Mayhew FAIL… Cut him yesterday!
    I think he might be mentally ill. I hope they get the NFL involved.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

EchO is offline MotownSports Fan

A sense of entitlement and inflated sense of worth and skill don't constitute a mental illness, it's just the sign of being trashy. If those were the requirements for a mental illness I suspect that a very vast portion of our population is mentally ill; I must work with at least 6 or 7 mentally ill people alone.

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I agree. He is in need of some kind of mental help.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by EchO View Post
    A sense of entitlement and inflated sense of worth and skill don't constitute a mental illness, it's just the sign of being trashy. If those were the requirements for a mental illness I suspect that a very vast portion of our population is mentally ill; I must work with at least 6 or 7 mentally ill people alone.
    Exactly. He's not mentally ill, he's an *** hole. He's had his attitude since college (which is why he ends up at Boise St.). Some people never grow up or grow up too late. The clock is ticking for Titus, but he's definitely not mentally ill.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Blog Entries

I think he's bi-polar. He reminds me of someone who is close to me who has the same problem.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

Porcelain God is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAD1 View Post
    (Can you tell that I've been watching The Wire lately?)
    Haven't heard of it, is it the best show on TV ever?

slim pickens is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Exactly. He's not mentally ill, he's an *** hole. He's had his attitude since college (which is why he ends up at Boise St.). Some people never grow up or grow up too late. The clock is ticking for Titus, but he's definitely not mentally ill.
    this
    1.21 gigawatts?!.......

VT

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

I feel like we could still probably get something in trade for him. Maybe as high as a 4th even. I mean, if he was in the draft, I imagine someone would take a gamble on him by then. Teams take gambles on bad character guys all the time in the 4th and beyond, usually with less talent than Titus. Plus you get the added bonus of knowing he can produce at least somewhat in the NFL. He's got what, 75 catches in his 2 years? Not great or special, but not bust level either.

tjames16 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I feel like we could still probably get something in trade for him. Maybe as high as a 4th even. I mean, if he was in the draft, I imagine someone would take a gamble on him by then. Teams take gambles on bad character guys all the time in the 4th and beyond, usually with less talent than Titus. Plus you get the added bonus of knowing he can produce at least somewhat in the NFL. He's got what, 75 catches in his 2 years? Not great or special, but not bust level either.
    We'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th if anything. No one is going trade for this clown...why would they? Everyone knows we have to cut him loose.
    "I just told him to be himself... that was pretty mean I guess" - Roger Sterling

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I think he's bi-polar. He reminds me of someone who is close to me who has the same problem.
    Young has not displayed, at least by anything we can see, any type of bi-polar tendencies. He hasn't been manic nor has he displayed depressive tendencies. The guy is an a-hole, plain and simple.

I think people are too quick to throw around mental issues as an excuse, Young has none of these problems, he is just a selfish jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Young has not displayed, at least by anything we can see, any type of bi-polar tendencies. He hasn't been manic nor has he displayed depressive tendencies. The guy is an a-hole, plain and simple.

I think people are too quick to throw around mental issues as an excuse, Young has none of these problems, he is just a selfish jerk.
    Not to mention, this has been going on since college...if he had a true mental illness, I have to imagine NFL teams and their doctors would've spotted it an diagnosed it before committing millions of dollars and a high draft pick on him. If he does have a mental illness I blame Mayhew and his staff 100% for not figuring that out before drafting him. But, I don't think that is the case; I think some people are just trash, Titus Young seems to be one of them. He has an opportunity that most people would DIE for, he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and he is wasting it by acting like an immature child.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Would you trade a 4th round pick for Young? Be honest with yourself. Titus Young has been lining up opposite Calvin Johnson in the most pass happy offense in history and still posted well below average numbers. He has only averaged 38 yards/game over the last two seasons, nothing stellar especially considering the offense he played in. Now, take into account the penalties, punching out of teammates, arguing with the coaching staff, stealing routes, running the wrong routes, etc. and you think a team would trade a 4th round pick for a below average receiver with all of those issues?

bigtenguy is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post

Isn't violent outbursts and loss of temper a sign? He did quite a job on Delmas last summer.

RandyMarsh is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by EchO View Post
    Would you trade a 4th round pick for Young? Be honest with yourself. Titus Young has been lining up opposite Calvin Johnson in the most pass happy offense in history and still posted well below average numbers. He has only averaged 38 yards/game over the last two seasons, nothing stellar especially considering the offense he played in. Now, take into account the penalties, punching out of teammates, arguing with the coaching staff, stealing routes, running the wrong routes, etc. and you think a team would trade a 4th round pick for a below average receiver with all of those issues?
    Yeah I don't see that happening either. Now I know the situations aren't the same since I'm sure the age and salaries were different but I remember the Patriots only traded a 4th for Randy Moss when he was still in his prime And the Eagles only had to give up a fifth and Brandon Whiting for a prime Terrell Owens. So two of the best receivers in the history of football went for peanuts in trades so I don't think another troubled receiver in Titus would go for anything more than a 6th round pick.

I would just like to say that I dropped my AAL Young around week 8. Don't let him sully me more than I can do on my own.

Æ

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMarsh View Post
    Yeah I don't see that happening either. Now I know the situations aren't the same since I'm sure the age and salaries were different but I remember the Patriots only traded a 4th for Randy Moss when he was still in his prime And the Eagles only had to give up a fifth and Brandon Whiting for a prime Terrell Owens. So two of the best receivers in the history of football went for peanuts in trades so I don't think another troubled receiver in Titus would go for anything more than a 6th round pick.
    Exactly, teams seemingly don't want problem starters on their team. I get that teams take waivers on players in the draft that have question marks due to off the field or issues or attitude problems, but those are usually extremely young men who still have a shot to be salvaged. Titus Young will be 24, which obviously isn't old by any stretch but he has been in the league for two years and is still an ***. If has hasn't been able to mature over the last two years and could arguably be worse now than in college, I just don't see teams coveting that type of player. He isn't talented enough for teams to put up with his drama.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast