Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

Default Titus Young sent home from facility, will be inactive vs. Texans

https://twitter.com/paulapasche/stat...48224929415168

#Lions Titus Young will be inactive on Thurs per Schwartz who said actions Sunday were disappointing. Sent home today.
    Lions' Titus Young sent home from facility, will be inactive vs. Texans | Detroit Lions | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The Lions have had enough of Titus Young and his temperamental ways.

Young was sent home from the Lionsí practice facility Monday and coach Jim Schwartz said he will not play in Thursdayís Thanksgiving game against the Texans as punishment for repeated selfish behavior that culminated in Sundayís 24-20 loss to the Packers.

Schwartz would not term the punishment a suspension, but he said Young probably wonít practice again today and his status with the team will be re-evaluated on a week-to-week basis.
    More at the link.
    VT

Detroit Rock City is offline MotownSports Fan

He can go at this point. Nothing but trouble and an underachieving selfish player. Give me Ryan Broyles for the rest of the season.
    2014 AAT: 1B Mike Hessman

Porcelain God is offline MotownSports Fan

Biggest disappointment of the year.

stanpapi is offline MotownSports Fan

Why do the lions gravitate toward this type of player (or vice versa)? Kick him off the team, write it off as a wasted draft pick (there's a huge scrap heap of those around allen park) and move on. There's gotta be somebody on the practice squad who is hungry enough to act like an adult.

nd1377 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain God View Post
    Biggest disappointment of the year.
    There's a lot of candidates for this award this season.

Motor City Sonics is offline MotownSports Fan

Hey, I said after the Minnesota game, that in the last minute with the team losing that he was LAUGHING IT UP on the sideline and a lot of you dismissed it saying no big deal. To me it was a big deal. He's a jackass. He's a nothing. He is tiresome and you know the team's dedication to him has kept Ryan Broyles from getting playing time - and Broyles has been really good. Goodbye Titus Young Sr.

(I am sure next year when he is with the Buccaneers he will burn the Lions for 16 catches and 220 yards).
    World Series or Bust. Guess What? Bust........again.

RJBBREZ is offline MotownSports Fan

Wow, I have always defended Young and the Lions drafting him. Guess I was wrong. Just shows fans don't really know what goes on behind closed doors. I think the frustration of everyone on the team, and the coaching staff, has reached its boiling point. Everyone has underachieved and incidents like this always seem to happen when teams are losing.

I think Mayhew has alot of work to do. I know Schwartz signed an extension, but he should be evaluated as well as his staff. Linehan and his gameplans are puzzling and not getting the job done. Cunningham is tough to evaluate because I don't think he has had all of his 11 starters play together once this season. I dont know what they can do. Looking at the cap situtation, I think they could be even worse next season. Things don't look good, but atleast we are all used to it around here.

Chopper is offline MotownSports Fan

Can him!
    Country strong

Mr.TaterSalad is offline MotownSports Fan

Titus Sr. was the one who threw a punch a Louis Delmas in the locker room no?
    "Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind"- Fred Rogers

T&P_Fan is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TaterSalad View Post
    Titus Sr. was the one who threw a punch a Louis Delmas in the locker room no?
    Correct.

This is not surprising, this has become the norm in the Jim Schwartz era; completely undisciplined coupled with disappointing results.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Correct.

This is not surprising, this has become the norm in the Jim Schwartz era; completely undisciplined coupled with disappointing results.
    Agreed, but I would say it's a hallmark of the Martin Mayhew era as well. Mayhew is the one who picks the players.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

RJBBREZ is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Correct.

Starting over from 0-16, I would say Schwartz has done a pretty good job. IMO this has been the only disappointing season thus far in his tenure. They need to be more disciplined, I agree. But starting over again would be a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RJBBREZ View Post
    Starting over from 0-16, I would say Schwartz has done a pretty good job. IMO this has been the only disappointing season thus far in his tenure. They need to be more disciplined, I agree. But starting over again would be a terrible idea.

I think he gets one more year, and that year will feature a last place schedule, but if they aren't back at to at least 10-6 by the end of next season, blow the whole thing up. Keep Stafford and Calvin and get rid of anyone else you can - including Suh.

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

It wouldn't be starting over, it would getting someone who can finish the job. taking what talent they have and adding the discipline necessary to win in the NFL.

Just because you fire Schwartz doesn't mean you scrap the entire team and rebuild.

(I have a sinking suspicion that the bigger problem is that the talent they have isn't as "talented" as they think)
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    It wouldn't be starting over, it would getting someone who can finish the job. taking what talent they have and adding the discipline necessary to win in the NFL.

Just because you fire Schwartz doesn't mean you scrap the entire team and rebuild.

(I have a sinking suspicion that the bigger problem is that the talent they have isn't as "talented" as they think)
    Agreed. I think some of the players are viewed with rose colored classed. That said, I think Stafford and CJ are elite talents. Suh definitely makes a difference on the field, but something just seems off.

Of course the biggest problem is the secondary, Delmas is a good safety, but he is never healthy.

RedRamage is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post

I dearly hope you are wrong... But we've seen it before. Wasn't Millen getting high marks for his draft picks? We know how that turned out.

I agree with most of this. Really, I think you can point to very specific things that are causing the issues rather than a general over all "bad" team problem.

1. Stafford has not been himself. I don't know why... don't know if it's an injury. Or if he's been figured out by the rest of the league, or he's got his own version of a Kate Upton that's supposedly distracting him... who knows. Whatever the reason is, Stafford hasn't been like he was in 2011 and that's a HUGE thing.

2. Secondary has been beat to hell and back.

3. Offensive play calling has been less than stellar.

Certainly there are plenty of other smaller things that need fixing. But no team is perfect top to bottom. These are, in my opinion, the primary three problems. I think if you can fix those three things it would make a huge difference in the Lions. Now what I don't know is where the root of those problems lies. Is Mayhew unable to scout good players or recognize areas of desperate need? Does he think our secondary is good and so it's worried about it? Is Schwartz unable to coach or prepare his team? Is Linehan unable to find the problems with Staffords mechanics and can't "fix" him? I'm not sure where the root of the problem is, but I don't think it's a "throw everything out and start over" sort of situation.... yet.

Nastradamus is offline MotownSports Fan

THe secondary has been beat up, but they just played a very good game against a damn good passing attack. Also if Stafford was on point with his passes and we didn't have the ridiculous penalties and drops, would anyone say a word about playcalling??

as for Titus, it was time for this to happen. He needs to shape up or get shipped out.

Man, I had no problem with a WR when we got him, but I was SCREAMING for Randall Cobb. Man would that have been nice.
    Last edited by Nastradamus; 11-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.

I have soured on Mayhew a lot this year. I think this draft the most talented player no matter what strategy is flawed for the Lions where they are right now. When you are the Steelers or Patriots or Packers and are always a playoff team - then its a good strategy. The Lions still have too many holes for that strategy. Last year they were slightly good lucky, this year they are slightly bad unlucky, they are really about an 8-8 team, and there are about 20 of those teams in the NFL.

Scottish caveman is offline MotownSports Fan

Perhaps this situation with Young , explains some of the reasons for Staffords in-accuracy....if one receiver is lining up wrong continuessly and running the wrong patterns, it may reflect somewhat on the QB .

This team has been frustrating, but people are way too hard on them. Or at least they are too hard on certain individuals. I get ripping Schwartz for the penalties and lack of discipline. I can live with that. I get ripping Stafford too, especially after the GB game. Most of the other stuff is pretty ridiculous though.

Like I said about Linehan above, if we don't have so many drops and penalties and Stafford was throwing with more accuracy, would anyone say a word about him? I highly doubt it. Is it his fault Pettigrew has stone hands again(his drops improved a lot last year, statistically) and Young is an idiot?

Mayhew? Really? Sure, he has gotten burned by a few bad characters, but some of them have worked out quite well too. I'm pretty glad we have Fairly and Leshoure, that's for sure. Plus I think his draft looks pretty good this year and some of it is still an incomplete. Bentley was looking like a guy who could be a solid nickel at worst, I'm liking Reiff,Broyles and Jonte Green has been quite good(27th rated CB on PFF, about 10 spots below Houston). He's probably gotten at least 3 starters and hopefully a couple more solid contributors out of this draft and that's always a win. People are very "what have you done for me lately", but I think Mayhew is building this team right. I'd like less character risks, but I think he has gotten some good value that way.

TJ
    TJ is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
    I dearly hope you are wrong... But we've seen it before. Wasn't Millen getting high marks for his draft picks?
    From who and when?

I hit the roof on the MLive forums after Matt Moron drafted Charles Rogers, because it was hardly any big secret that Rogers was a major-league dopehead in college, PLUS he bombed the drug test before the combine, etc etc.

Guess who the first two draft picks of the Millen Era were?

Backus and Raiola.

Yet another reason both should have been cut, released, terminated, handed bus tickets, etc etc the instant Millen was shown the door.

(11/29)
    It sounds absurd, but according to Freep writer Dave Birkett, Titus Young sabotaged the Lions offense by "purposely lined up in the wrong spot on the field multiple times and mouthed off to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson on the sideline" during the Green bay a few weeks ago. Young was sent home for a week and was deemed inactive for the Thanskgiving Day game. Why? Young feels he wasn't being targeted enough. Detroit Free Press

Read more: LIONS NOTEBOOK: Report says Titus Young sabotaged offense, lined up in wrong spots on purpose - ESPN 96.1 West Michigan's choice for Sports!
    Interesting... if he really did intentionally sabotage the team, that's inexcusable. I'm surprised he's back if that's what really happened.

hail2mich is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
    Interesting... if he really did intentionally sabotage the team, that's inexcusable. I'm surprised he's back if that's what really happened.
    Wow. I remember a few plays in that game where the Lions looked a little confused when they lined up. That is really pathetic if true.

He probably has to go. I'd really like to see us maximize his talent, but I'm not sure its possible. Young over Cobb will haunt us for a long time.

lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Due to recent events, Titus Young Sr. has been waived by the Trailer Park Boys. The team has announced the signing of Ryan Broyles to replace his roster spot.

Good riddance.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lesgoblu02 View Post
    Due to recent events, Titus Young Sr. has been waived by the Trailer Park Boys. The team has announced the signing of Ryan Broyles to replace his roster spot.

Good riddance.
    Trevor: We're not stupid Julian.
    Julian: Yes you are stupid, that's why I have to tell you this.

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

That's awful. If true, I hope he never sees the field as a Lion again.

I have a suspicion the Lions were shaky on Young's future with the team based on his discipline issues this spring and that helps explain the Broyles pick.
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

PuNk42AE is offline MotownSports Fan

Chris McCosky ‏@cmccosky

More Raiola on Young: "What we can control is the guys who want to be here. And when you act like that, you don't want to be here."

Chris McCosky Chris McCosky ‏@cmccosky

Raiola on Titus Young: "We've moved on from him. He wants to be an *******, let him be an *******. It's not my problem."
    Sounds very positive for Young
    VT B.R.B. "We only part to meet again"

2014 AAT: RHP Warwick Saupold

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PuNk42AE View Post
    Sounds very positive for Young
    Don't you just love this team?
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

There are people in every profession, including football, that are only there to collect a paycheck. Young sounds like one of those types of people.

hail2mich is offline MotownSports Fan

You know, Raiola is not a very good player, he can be a loudmouth, and is pretty much an *** from what I've seen and heard about him. But I'll give him credit that he doesn't hold back and will hold others accountable. I wish some others on the team would step up and try to lead like Raiola does.

Reading Titus Young's media session today, it sure doesn't sound like he feels any remorse. He is simply a selfish loser, who is going to be out of a job very soon. I don't care how talented a player is, if he is hurting the team because of an attitude problem then he needs to go ASAP. Players with character issues always come back to bite you in the ***.

At this point he makes me think he's the new Terrell Owens, you know only he is a #3 WR or so...

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by hail2mich View Post
    You know, Raiola is not a very good player, he can be a loudmouth, and is pretty much an *** from what I've seen and heard about him. But I'll give him credit that he doesn't hold back and will hold others accountable. I wish some others on the team would step up and try to lead like Raiola does.

One of the biggest problems with this franchise is that a hot-air hornhonker like Dominic Raiola, an underweight pantywaist who gets thrown on his arse like a rag-doll on every running play, blowing it up before it begins, has been placed in (certainly not earned) a role as "team spokesman" and feels it is his duty or his place to comment upon the status of ANYONE on the team?

You know what I would do if I were Mayhew or Schwartz?

Well, first, resign, but never mind that.

Then, I would,

1) SUSPEND TITUS YOUNG WITHOUT PAY FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON FOR CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE FRANCHISE.

Yes the NFLPA will probably file a grievance and might win; who cares. You want to make a point you will not put up with that $#$#.

2) Call Dominic Raiola into my office and say, "Guess what sonny boy, you have just held your final briefing session for the media. It ain't up to you to decide which players you are or not going to play with, you will play with the players we tell you to play with and you will like it. We don't need a mediocre sub-replacement rag-doll like you acting as our 'team spokesman,' we need GOOD players to do that. You are not a good player and thus you are done talking to the media. Shortly enough, you may be done with the team altogether unless you step up your play in a big way but at your age I ain't betting on that. In the meantime STFU. By the way just in case you think we're not serious, we are fining you $50,000 just to convince you."
    Last edited by TJ; 11-30-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Shinzaki is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lesgoblu02 View Post

Good riddance.
    The liquor's calling the shots now, Titus...

TJ

Some of this falls on the shoulders of Stafford -- the VERY FIRST time Titus Young lined up in the wrong place after being told where to line up, Matthew Stafford should have shouted, "TIME OUT," snapped his helmet off, walked VERY SLOWLY over to the sideline, pointed straight at Titus Young in front of 60,000 fans and millions of teevee viewers, and screamed full volume at Schwartz, "GET THAT MF-ERS A-ZZ OFF THE FIELD OR FIND YOURSELF A NEW QUARTERBACK."

The way Bobby Layne would have.

I don't give a red rat's rump whether or not Dominic Raiola approves of Titus Young's antics and neither particularly should anybody on the team. However if Stafford had stood up in the middle of the game and shouted, "if that MF'er is not going to line up where I tell him to, you send his azz out the door," people would care.

Yoda is online now MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Stupid stafford!
    Up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Stupid stafford!
    This **** is all on Suh, if he wasn't getting pulled over this wouldn't have happened.

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Stupid stafford!
    Well, at some point, your better players (as opposed to sub-replacement-level waiver-wire slugs like Raiola) have to start standing up and being your team leaders, and Stafford has made it pretty clear he is not happy with some of what is going on out on the field, and a quarterback would be the FIRST one to know when a WR is lined up wrong, since it results in incomplete passes that make him look bad, so at some point you would think Stafford would say something VERY PUBLICLY about it.

To say it again, who gives a crap what Dominic Raiola thinks of Titus Young?

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

They should have publicly flogged him with their helmets on the field the first time he lined up in the wrong spot.

Dominic Raiola is one of the team voted offensive captains right?
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast